TEXTING MCCANN

By jdbsangel

"I wish you never texted me that day" - A Jason McCann love story More

*Before you read*
*unknown number*
Selfie
Horny
New bestie or what?
Fear
"I know everything"
Sweet Dreams Princess
Horny Surprises
Fuck you
Spontaneous guest
Dangerous looks
Who are you
Touches
Trust
Accident
Morning drive
Plans
Boyfriend
A trap?
Care
Little Lie
Contact demolition
Missing you
Never say never
The basketball game
Victoria's letter
Ruined
Get used to it

Feelings

1.6K 53 21
By jdbsangel

Maya's P.O.V

"Ah, there you are. The game just started again. Are you coming?" Jason clears his voice after a couple of silent seconds. The girl whose name I don't know quickly turns around wiping her tears with the sleeves of her sweatshirt before turning around and walking out of the room as fast as she could. I didn't answer Jason so he took my arm, dragging me out of the restroom. I quickly shrugged him off, scared of his gesture. He furrowed his eyebrows but put on a fake smile quickly as he saw my scared expression.

"What's wrong baby?" He caresses my upper arm with his hands, sending shivers down my spine. I slowly start to calm down a bit, getting that tingly feeling in my stomach as he rests his hands on my hips watching me intensely. But I decide to put that thought to the back of my mind and concentrate on the more important thing right now. I take his arms away from its position and look at him in utter disbelief.

Is he really acting like he doesn't know anything or does he really not know anything?

I decide that it is better to get more information from that girl herself, before I ask Jason about her because I'm pretty sure he won't tell me the truth.I put on a fake smile, pretending like everything is okay. "Nothing is wrong. I was just talking with that girl about.. - if she has hand lotion you know my hands are pretty dry."I say with the most terrible lie I probably could have ever said.

"You mean Victoria?" Jason points with his thumb to the direction behind us where the girl just disappeared. "Umm yeah.. she is.." I stop my sentence, thinking about the name of the man she has been with earlier. "Liam's girlfriend?" Jason ends my sentence and I nod my head in approval. "Yeah, they are together?" I ask suspicious. Jason nods his head while he looks down to his feet and puts his hands in his pockets.

"But she doesn't look happy with him." I mumble under my breath, regretting it right after when I see how Jason's head shots up. "Look, whatever she told you, it's a lie. Don't listen to her." His voice gets serious, his eyes darken and I start to get the feeling like he knew what is wrong with Victoria and he just played dumb some minutes ago.

Her shaky voice from earlier appear in my head. She looked so helpless and scared and she definitely needs to get out of whatever she is in. And I' going to help her whatever it costs me. I don't even want to think about all the things that probably happened to her. What all these criminals did to her..

But Jason wouldn't do something bad to women right?

He had better not laid a finger on her.

"Did you hear me?" He snaps his fingers in front of my face and I nod my head as a response. "Good." Is everything he says before he takes my hand into his and walks us out of the restroom.

My eyes start to search for any sight of Victoria as soon as we walked out and after a couple of seconds I could see two people arguing not too far away from us. The girl that I assume to be Victoria walks away from the guy, I assume to be Liam.

She sprinted past us to the restroom we just came out of as tears rolled down her face. I start to feel bad for her so I let go of Jason's hand to follow her but he immediately took it again so I won't leave. I furrow my eyebrows at his gesture and give him a signaling look which tells him to let me go. But instead he tightens his grip on my hand. "Ignore her, she's always like that."

"But she is not okay and needs my help-" I was about to get free of his grip when he started to walk forward, away from the heartbroken girl. "Liam will talk to her. She'll be okay. Don't worry please." He mumbles careless making me sad about the fact that I'm not able to help her. So I start to make out a plan to talk with her later again since I won't be able to do that right now. Some minutes later I decide to have a conversation with her when the game ends.

Jason and I walked back inside the arena where the game was about to start again. And when I was about to take my seat in the front row, next to Jason who was already sitting, I felt a tap on my shoulder and when I turned around, I saw a guy my age, with brown locks, green eyes and a smirk plastered on his face showing his dimples that I found kind of cute. To be honest he looked handsome too. "Is the seat next to you free?" He asks, a British accent laying in his voice.

"No it isn't." Jason's deep voice speaks behind me before I could even answer the guy. He looks at him with an annoying and pissed expression which scared me a little.

Well in actual the seat was free..

But the guy ignored Jason and kept looking at me, waiting for an answer. "So, can I sit?" He asks me, pointing to the obvious free seat next to mine and before I could answer, Jason spoke again. "No, you fucking can't." He said angrily, pushing himself out of his seat and standing in front of me now. But the guy didn't looked scared at all while I was starting to get so nervous I could barely speak.

"And you are..?" The guy asks with an raised eyebrow, scanning Jason from his head to his feet.

"None of your fucking business and now search somewhere else to sit cause this seat is taken." Jason answers harshly, looking at him madly. I notice Jason's hand clench into a fist so I lay my hand on his back, stroking it slightly. "Heyy, calm down people are already watching." I whisper in his ear and feel him actually relax a bit. I look around seeing some eyes on us.

Austin immediately appears next to us, speaking to Jason: "Bro, come on the game will start now." He mumbles to Jason sending glares to the guy and his friend who stands in front of us. I see how his friend whispers something in the guy's ear but I couldn't make out what he said.

As Jason was about to say something, a small figure made its way through us and sat on the seat the guys are argiung about. A girl, probably at the age of 15, long brown hair and green eyes with a hint of brown. She was wearing black skinny jeans and a red sweatshirt. She crossed her legs over and took the popcorn that she placed on her lap into her mouth, looking at all of us in confusion. "What?" She asked, when we all stared at her.

"Ally!" Austin walks up to his sister and Jason turns around to the guy who still hasn't left, smirking amused. "Whatever.. maybe next time. See you around sweetheart." His green eyes send me a wink before turning around and walking away. Jason wanted to go after him, probably pissed of the boy's words and gesture but I hold his arm tightly, aware of what scenario he would cause now.

Really, why is he always acting like this?

"Please leave it." I tell him and he turns around looking me in the eyes. I tried to make out what he is feeling right now. I tried to see through his eyes for.. something. But I couldn't see anything. His expression looked pissed and his gesture showed that he is mad. His eyes were dark, but I couldn't figure out what was behind that darkness.

Jason rolls his eyes playfully, walking towards our seats and sits down, ignoring me. "Can you tell me what that just was?" I ask, getting a bit annoyed by his behavior. I cross my arms over my chest, standing in front of him, waiting for an explanation. But he ignores me coldly, not daring to look me in the eyes. Instead he looks around, at the random people who start to take their seats. Through all those people one girl, I got to know as Victoria, walks towards us. By her side walks Liam.

I took this moment as a chance to talk to Victoria, so I was about to make my way towards her but a strong grip on my arm stopped me. "This shit is getting boring. We're leaving." I hear Jason's raspy voice close to mine before he lets go of me and jogs over to Liam which makes me follow him quickly.

I stood behind Jason when he told Liam something I could hear a little since I stood close to the two. "Get your girl under control she just fucking asked Maya to help her to escape-" Jason turns around when Liam gave him a signaling look to do so since I stood behind Jason.

Escape? Under control? What's going on?

"Go take your bag, I'm coming." He simply tells, probably thinking I didn't hear what he said to Liam.

I nod my head as a response, making my way back to our seats where I see Victoria writing something down at a little notebook she took out of her own bag. I watch her intensely, looking around here and there to make sure no one saw what she is doing. After a couple of seconds Victoria tears the paper out of the notebook and folds it very small, holding it in her hand tightly.

She stands up from the seat, walking towards me in little steps. When she stood in front of me, she shifted her feet nervously before looking up to meet my gaze. I could see the sadness in her puffy eyes and I start to remember our little conversation at the restroom and start to panic.

She takes a step closer and now we were only inches away. Victoria leans down to my ear whispering warningly: "Read this and destroy it afterwards. Nobody is allowed to know about this. Not even Jason, so please do not tell him anything. That would only bring us both in trouble." She pauses, looking my in the eyes, making sure I understood her. "Take care." She whispers quietly in the end, before turning around and walking towards her seat where she sat down. Liam following her seconds later.

I let out a long and shaky breath, letting everything sink in. Did that just really happen right now? I start to feel like I'm in a movie, all of this becoming so unrealistic for me.

From the corner of my eye I could see Jason coming towards me, so I quickly stowed the folded paper in the backpocket of my jeans, avoiding Jason to find out about this.

Victoria's words start play in my head immediately: "Nobody is allowed to know about this. Not even Jason."

As much as I wanted to know what is written at that piece of paper, I couldn't find it out. Not right now.

"You have everything?" He asks, resting his hand on my back gently, making me look up to him. "Yeah but.. why are we leaving?" I ask confused, since both of us actually enjoyed the game so far. (If we skip the part with the British guy who kinda flirted with me and Victoria asking me to help her.)

"I don't wanna be here anymore." Jason puts his hands into his jeans pockets, clenching his jaw tightly. Let's say he's not really in the mood since the break of the game and I don't like this kind of Jason.

Even though he looked hot when he's mad.

Ugh, not now Maya!

I shrug and start to think if I want to leave with him or not. But before I could even make a decision by myself Jason spoke: "What are your thinking about? You're going with me, if you want to or not." He takes my hand into his, dragging me out of the arena, making me unable to say goodbye to the others.

I was a bit taken aback by his harshness. "Why are you acting like this? I don't like it."

"Who cares what you like or not!" Jason throws his arms in the air dramatically, rolling his eyes like I'm annoying him so badly.

"Fucking chill a bit! What's wrong with you?!" I yell back, regretting it right after when I see how dark his eyes get again.

"Stop swearing and don't fucking talk to me like that!" He screams, warning me firmly as he points his index finger at me like I did a bad sin.

I take a step back, bringing distance between us. I look at him in utter disbelief, not being able do believe that he yelled at me like that. My eyes start to water but I tried to let the tears in. Letting out a sob softly, I start to run towards the restroom, a tear immediately rolling down my cheek.

But only seconds later I could hear footsteps running after me and a voice calling my name: "Maya! Maya stop please!" Jason yells, his voice a little softer this time but this didn't stop me and as soon as I saw the restroom, I got inside and went into the first free cabin and locked myself in it. There was silence for a minute and I let a couple of tears fall from my eyes before I wiped them away with the back of my hand. I sniffled a bit till I finally calmed down.

I don't like it when people yell at me. And now it was Jason who screamed in my face as if I had done something really bad.

And I didn't think he would be like that. Not towards me..

But I mean, I can't forget who am I talking about here? Right, not just a normal guy that I find cute. I'm talking about Jason McCann.

Did I really fool myself and thought he would be nice and caring?

I scoff at the thought of it, realizing how stupid I actually am. I really shouldn't have come here with him, I knew it.

The sound of a door opening snaps me out of my thoughts. I hear footsteps coming closer and closer and I pull my legs up to me as I sit on the lid of the toilet, staying quiet since I knew who the person inside this restroom is. I hear some doors of other cabins open till he landed on mine and when he turns the door handle, the door doesn't open which revealed my little hiding spot for him.

"Maya?" Jason's raspy voice calls, making me sigh and sniffle a bit. "Maya isn't here." I mumble after clearing my throat. Jason chuckles and I hear how he sits down in front of my door.

"I'm sorry." He says sadly, making himself more comfortable on the floor. I snort, rolling my eyes. "You can't always say sorry and expect everything to be good again."

"I really hate saying sorry. But when I do, I honestly do mean it." Jason admits after some minutes.

"You scared me." I whisper, but loud enough for him to hear it. I pull my legs closer to my chest, hugging my body as shivers roll down my spine at the thought of an aggressive Jason screaming at me.

"I'm sorry." He says again making me chuckle. "Is that all you can say?"

"What else can I say?" He answers and I stay quiet, not knowing how to respond.

"You know.. I try to get my anger under control and be better.. for you." Jason sighs after a long pause and a little smile makes its way up to my lips.

"For you.."

"Thank you." My voice comes out shy and very quiet. He chuckles and the room gets filled with silence again.

"This situation reminds me of the day we met for the first time. I was sitting outside of your door and we were texting. I tried to persuade you to open the door for me." Jason tells and we both laugh lightly at the memory.

"But in the end you did open it for me." He stops and continues after some seconds. "Will you open it this time as well?"

I nod my head as response but then remember that he can't even see me, which reminded me of the day we first met, the same thing happened on that day. "I mean, I can't stay in here forever." I smile and stand up to open the door after taking my bag from my lap.

I turn the door handle and open the door making Jason fall back since he was leaning on it. His body was lying in front of my feet, his back on the floor and his face directed upwards to meet my gaze. We looked at each other and started to laugh, but his laugh quickly faded away and turned into a frown.

"Did you cry?" His eyes widened, making him stand up automatically. When he was at my height he bought his hands up to my face to hold it. "Yeah." Is all I could manage to say.

"I-I didn't mean to make you cry princess I'm so sorry" His hazel orbs looked at me sadly, his hands stroking my face softly.

I blush at the nickname and press my face on his chest to hide my face. "It's okay. Just don't be a prick anymore." I mumble hitting his chest with my little fist playfully.

"Ouch babe you're hurting me" He whines, holding the spot I was hitting him and we laugh together.

Walking out of the restroom we make our way to the parking lot. Jason reached for my hand to hold it but I stook my hands into my leather jacket instead. "Are you still mad?" He furrows his eyebrows at my gesture. "No, it's just.. we can't do this whole 'holding hands thing' when we're not even together." I explain, feeling awkward.

It's not that I don't like it, it's just that every time Jason stares at me, calls me by nicknames, kisses my cheek or holds my hand it makes me feel things I don't want to feel. And in the end those are things and stuff couples do and we are not a couple.

Jason nods his head, stretching his neck awkwardly. I decide to not say anything else and he leads us to his car.

"I like your car. It's pretty." I compliment his gorgeous black-gold Bugatti, hoping to lift the mood up a bit. The smile that grows on his face after my sentence confirms it. "Yeah thanks, but you're prettier." Jason smirks, sending me a wink. I blush a deep red colour, smiling like an idiot.

"Stop, you're making me blush!" I hide my face behind my hands, hearing Jason walk over to my side. "I'm just telling the truth princess. And.." He pauses taking my hands off my face. "I love to have that affect on you." He ends his sentence holding my hands in his as he strokes the back of hands with his thumb gently.

I look up to meet his already fixed gaze on me, making me blush even harder. We stood like this for a little while before I looked away, ashamed that I got lost in his beautiful hazel eyes. Again.

"Are you.. um driving me home?" I ask shyly as he opens the door for me.

"Not yet." He smiles and I get inside, watching him jog over to his side and getting in after. "Where are we going then?" I ask getting curious. "It's a surprise baby." Winking at me, he starts the engine and I smile to myself looking out of the window.

On the ride I noticed the sun setting and furrow my eyebrows. The day is already over?

"What time is it?" I ask Jason nervously getting my phone out to check if I had any missed calls from my mother.

Hey baby, please be home at 9pm. Love you 😘

I read my mom's text message and sigh putting my phone back to its place.

"It's around 6pm, why?" He says looking over my way. "I need to be home at 9" I inform him and he nods his head understanding.

The rest of the ride was silent. But it wasn't an awkward silence it was rather a peaceful one as we drove down the street, random songs playing quietly in the background as I watched the sun go down.

"We are there!" Jason takes his car keys out, stuffing them into his jeans pocket after around 20 minutes. "Where are we?" I wondered and got out of the car by myself. I watch Jason get out too and seconds later he was standing next to me. "This is one of my favorite places in Miami." He explains and I look around to see nothing really special. "But we're not exactly there yet, we need to walk a little." Letting out a laugh, I follow him.

"The Beach?" I ask surprised as we walk towards the water of the Miami beach. "Yeah. Umm.. do you like it?" Jason asks biting his lip. "Of course! It's beautiful, especially when the sun is setting. And I've never been here around this time." I answer and sit down on the sand, watching the beautiful view.

Jason joins me but looks at me rather than at the sun going down. "I'm glad you like it." He smiles, making me look at him. His gaze wanders from my eyes down to my lips and I couldn't help but look at his heart -shaped lips too, seeing him lick them as he comes a little closer to me. I knew where this was going so I looked away from him, as hard as it was from me. I hear him sigh, leaning back afterwards.

"Jason-" I start but he cuts me off. "I know." He answers, looking at me again. We look into each others eyes for a while before he speaks up again. "Even though I don't want to admit it, I fucking have to. But don't tell anyone." Jason begins and I nod my head confused and curious about what he is going to say.

"I sorta, kinda, maybe, might, possibly think I maybe like you, okay?" Jason quickly says looking at me nervously.

Wait did he just say what I think he said?

"Umm.. you know I turned out liking you a lot more than I originally planned. It's like.. I like you like a fat kid loves cake." He explains, struggling with words and I awe at how cute he sounds, laughing a bit at the way he said it.

"You really got me in my feelings Maya."

Okay, he really did just say that HE LIKES ME OMG

"Really?" I ask shooked, not believing him.

What if he's pranking me or something?

Jason smiles coming closer to me. "You owe me a kiss, remember?" He smirks leaning down to my lips. We are dangerously close right now, making it hard for me to breath. I furrows my eyebrow at his statement. "Um... no I d-" Is what I was about to say, but that couldn't happen because he already crashed his lips on mine.

My stomach start to fill itself with millions of butterflies as soon as Jason lips attached mine. He kissed me passionately and I couldn't help but kiss him back. He was being so gentle when he cupped my face in his hands, making me smile in the kiss. It was a slow and romantic kiss. The best one I've ever had.

And when he pulled away and looked down at me, caressing my cheek with his thumb gently as the last ray of the sun shone on his hazel brown eyes making them sparkle when he looked at me with such adoration in his eyes and a beautiful smile on his lips,

I knew the answer.

*Author's note*

I think that's the longest chapter I've ever written!

But guyyyys, Jason finally confessed his feelings! But that's only the beginning 😏

Stay tuned!!

And thanks for reading:)

Don't forget to vote, comment and share angels! I really love and appreciate y'all, thanks for the support ❤️❤️❤️

- aisha

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.9K 3.7K 32
You are now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi! You: Hello! Stranger: Hi. And that was how Justin met Jason. Copyright © 2016, sucksbieber. A...
86.7K 1K 68
Tell me every terrible thing you ever did, And let me love you anyways
1.3M 9.8K 180
better get ya holy water ready cause shits about to go down - All imagines from tumblr!! - more explict imagines are private, follow me to read sele...
6.2K 122 35
I want that girl. I know its not good for me but I do. I know that if i keep her around to long, than things are gonna come up.... Bad things that I...