All I Did Was Help (Zak Bagan...

By SabrinaMayy

When your boyfriend is Zak Bagans - anything can happen. Marilyn and Zak have been through everything at this... More

1. The Beginning
2. Sadbury.
3. Drunk.
4. It's time to take a break.
5. Back Home.
6. Petty apologizes.
7. They're going to kill you
8. Fucking You In a Plane
9. Lizzie Borden Had An Axe
What?
11. A coma?
12. 5 Steps To Rid Of Evil
14. IDEFK
15
16. Crew Meeting.
17. Accident
18. I'm Sorry
The End of Ends

13. Step One

2K 44 10
By SabrinaMayy

Chapter 13 – Step One

~Two Months Later~

“Zak, please, she needs you.” Those were the only words I needed to hear to speed over to the hospital at the speed of light. In all that mattered, Marilyn was awake. I wasn't sure how she had woken up so quickly if she was in a coma, but damn, was I glad she was.

I was thoroughly surprised when I made it to the hospital without a speeding ticket. Marilyn had been in a coma for about 2 months now, and she was on oxygen, a feeding tube, and had so many IV's in her it was hard to count anymore. I ran into the hospital, the news casters were long gone, ready to start on a new story – instead of focusing all their time on a ghost-hunters girlfriend, er, ex-girlfriend.

I ran to the elevator, pushing the button hard, too many times to count. The doors closed, and I breathed steady. She was awake, she was awake and she needed me. That was all that was going through my mind to be honest, Marilyn needed me, and that was all I cared about. I let out a sigh, closing my eyes, and trying to steady my breathing. I opened my eyes, and through the reflection on the elevator door, I saw a flash of white. Turning around, I saw nothing there. Not unusual, after years of paranormal investigating, your eyes enjoyed playing tricks on you. But, your eyes also noticed things that normal eyes wouldn't. I swallowed hard, and pushed out the thoughts of what it could have been.

The doors opened, without another incident.

I had to keep reminding myself to inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale. I couldn't remember to breathe, even think. For some reason, I thought that there was something wrong. There was something terrible happening, or about to happen. I had that tick, in the bottom of my stomach, that something was about to go wrong, and I couldn't predict what it was. I walked to Marilyn's room, getting a few gushes from the nurses at the nursing station, I forbade them a quick wink, before heading on my way. I stopped at Marilyn's door as I heard talking.

“Mom, do you think he's coming?” I heard that sweet voice flutter out of the door, the same sweet voice I used to wake up to each morning, the same sweet voice that had helped me on so many investigations..

“I don't know, sweetie. That's up to him.” Marilyn's mom whispered. I let out a sigh, mentally preparing myself to walk in the door. I was preparing myself for rejection. For Marilyn to scream at me, and tell me to get out. I did a quick pep talk to myself, then walked in the room.

“Mornin'.” I smiled as I walked in the door. Marilyn's eyes averted from her iPhone to me. Her eyes brightened, and filled with tears.

“Zak.” She smiled, I walked to her slowly.

“Hi, sweetie.” I said. Before I could do anything, as soon as I hit her bedside and sat down, she pulled me into a hug, and burst out in tears.

“Oh, Zak. I'm so sorry. I'm such a bitch. Such a stupid bitch!” Marilyn cried. I couldn't help but chuckle, and wrap my around around her. Concealing her in my arms.

“You're not stupid, nor are you a bitch.” I consoled. “Stupid decisions are made in the spur of the moment. It's alright, I swear.”

“I did this over a stupid, petty argument.” Marilyn cried. “I just want to go home.”

“Where's home?” I asked, hoping for the answer that was on her lips was my house.

“Vegas.”

-

Marilyn had to stay in the hospital for a few more nights to make sure that she was alright, but we had set it on that she will not be going home, she will be staying with her mom. I was flying out to Vegas, I had a few things to wrap up out there, plus an investigation that we had set up months ago.

The house was quiet, too quiet. Gracie's soft snoring in the living room was the only thing in the house that had some noise. I turned on some music and walked around the house. I sighed, pulling out my phone and calling Aaron. “Hey Zak!” Aaron smiled into the phone, “What's up?”

“The usual, boredom.” I laughed, “You and Billy want to come out and go swimming or something? I'm too bored for life.” Aaron laughed at me.

“Yeah, I’ll pick him up against his will. Be there in twenty.” Aaron smiled.

“Great. See you soon.” I said. I hung up, scrolled down twitter for a little bit, switching back and forth from Facebook, to Instagram, back to twitter, I could safely say that I had never been this bored in my entire life. I walked to the kitchen, surfing through my cupboards. Of course, there was nothing there. I hadn't been home in a while so the only things left in my pantry was a canister of peanuts (Marilyn's) and a bottle of flat Mountain Dew (also Marilyn's). There was a few apples in the bottom of the fridge, and I pulled one out, happily chomping on one. I whistled for Gracie.

“C'mon girl, lets go outside.” I called. Gracie trotted under my feet as I walked down the stairs, pulling open the glass doors that lead outside. I sat in a chair under the shade as Gracie waded out to the shallow end of the pond. I loved it out here, the wind chimes chirping and the hot Vegas sun shining down. It didn't get much better than this honestly, well, unless Marilyn was here. Then it'd be a lot better.

Gracie splashed the rocks around the pool as the front door slammed shut, and Aarons voice called through the house. “Zak? Ya here?”

“Outside!” I called back, almost having to scream – knowing that this house was almost sound proof from outside. After a few moments, Aaron appeared at the glass door, Billy trotting behind him. “Hey,” I greeted, “Thanks for coming out! It was way to quiet for me.”

“I thought you liked the quiet.” Aaron teased.

“Of course, but ya' know.” I shrugged, and didn't say anything for a moment, watching Gracie – her free spirit playing in the pond without a care. I wish I could be like that, but the way my life has been lately, I know it couldn't possibly ever be like that. “Sit down guys.” I waved to the chairs that were in front of me, and the boys had a look of concern on their faces, before sitting down.

“What's wrong?” Billy questioned, leaning forward in his chair, crossing his arms like a concerned father.

“You know how Marilyn passed out and disappeared in a coma for a few weeks. So, I decided to nose around her house..” I said.

“NO!” Aaron gasped, like he was a teenage girl.

“Yeah,” I continued, “Anyways, I took some devices with me to talk to the spirits, some weird shit happened, man. But, we need to do a full investigation over there. Not some petty, lets go in with a SP7 and think we are going to get some Class A answers, no we need all our equipment, cameras. I want this to be a real lockdown.” Billy stared at me, as if I was crazy.

“What?” Billy questioned, “You want to do a lockdown of Marilyn’s house?”

“Yeah.” I said.

“You're insane.” Aaron replied, “Not only would that put Marilyn in more danger at home than what she already is, but that would put us in danger too, Zak. These spirits are capable of insane things, and you're willing to put yourself in the middle of it and put your wife in danger?”

“I BRING HER HERE!” I yelled, fuming. “I bring her to this hell house, and she's fine. Spirits there are worse! We need to do something about it!”

“OR we can just get her out of the house and move her out here.” Billy offered.

“And let another individual live in the house with spirits like that? Those spirits are totally crazy, Billy. We have to get rid of them.” I said.

“THAT'S NOT OUR JOB.” Aaron argued, “Our job is to communicate with them, not to rid them. Pastors, preachers, demonologists, they specialize in this stuff, we don't. So if you keep acting like you don't know what the hell is going on and you think the only way to help Marilyn is to go do a lockdown you're dead stupid. And I won't be part of it.” Aaron stood up, obviously angry by not only me – but everyone around him.

I stood up, grabbing a hold of Aarons shirt while he tried to escape through the glass doors. “Aaron, please.” I begged, “You love her too. We all love her, she's part of this family that travels with us around the world while we do what we love. While we talk to the past and learn about the present. We need her on this team and if the only way to keep her safe is to do a lockdown in a place that's more demonic than Bobby Mackey's – I'm willing to put myself in that position and let the evil take ahold of me than to let it hurt Marilyn one more time.” I swallowed, and let it sink in Aarons mind for a moment, “Will you please help me?”

Aaron sighed, and luckily, he whispered, “Okay. But if any crazy shit happens, I'm out.”

I laughed whole heartedly, “I figured as much. Thanks though, I couldn't ask for better investigators than you.”

“You have us set,” Billy smiled, “But the thing is, getting the channel to let you film it.” I nodded slowly.

“But if we explain the situation-”

“The channel doesn't care about our situation.” Billy interrupted, “They care only about getting a good show out to their viewers.”

“Then we don't put it on the show.” I said. Billy sighed, and shook his head. “We leave tomorrow. I'm putting this shit to an end once and for all.”

-

**AARON POV**

--later that night--

This is stupid. The house was playing techno music, and I was packing for this stupid trip to Pennsylvania. I don't see why Billy and I have to trail along on Zak's stupid adventure to save his girlfriend. I means, it is HIS girlfriend, why do we have to tag alone, Can't he just do it himself?

Of course not. It's all about Zak all the damn time. On the show, in life. He calls the shots, and to be honest it's annoying as hell.

I just wish there was some way that I could show him that he wasn't in charge. But there wasn't, there was a reason why the channel only listened to him over 90% of the time, and Nick and I never put our input in.

I let out a sigh, zipping up the duffle bag and shaking my head. I looked over at my computer screen, the background illuminating the picture of the crew. Jay, Ashley, Nick, Me, Billy, Zak and Marilyn. I lingered my eyes over Marilyn for a few extra minutes.

Then, gritted my teeth.

I wasn't going for Zak. I was the hero this time, Zak isn't going to do anything about it either. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 135 11
Good vs Evil is the sequel to The Lost Memory. Zak Bagans is used to facing demons and evil spirits in his line of work. In fact they've followed h...
4.3K 224 17
Times have changed and friendships become strained. Having enough of the animosity surrounding his livelihood, Nick had gone his separate ways after...
6K 102 14
A/N THIS WAS WRITTEN WHEN I WAS LIKE, 14. THIS DOES NOT REFLECT ANY OF MY NEW WORKS! Taylor has a pretty messed up world. One, she's a witch. Two, he...
7.5K 224 14
Zak Bagans and Angie McKenna were very much in love, that is until Zak broke Angie's heart. After the Ghost Adventures documentary became a hit Zak...