The Four Kingdoms {BTS X Read...

By TaeTae_lyfe

There's a fire in her. If loved correctly, she will warm your entire home. If abused, she will burn it to ash... More

Chapter 1: Lost
Chapter 2: Wisdom
Chapter 3: Magic
Chapter 4: Change
Chapter 5: Travel
Chapter 6: History
Chapter 7: Wander
Chapter 8: Adventure
Chapter 9: Monsters
Chapter 10: Stars
Chapter 11: Paths
Chapter 12: Anger
Chapter 13: Pride
Chapter 14: Hope
Chapter 15: Jealousy
Chapter 16: Choice
Chapter 17: Nights
Chapter 18: Doubt
Chapter 19: Betrayal
Chapter 20: Heartbreak
Chapter 21: Fathers
Chapter 23: Tunnels
Chapter 24: Loss
Chapter 25: Death
Chapter 26: Tears
Chapter 27: Cold
Chapter 28: Life
Chapter 29: Ghosts
Chapter 30: Walls
Chapter 31: Locks
Chapter 32: Riders
Q&A
Chapter 33: Deserve
Chapter 34: Love
Chapter 35: Dragons
Chapter 36: Dragons II
Chapter 37: Brothers
Chapter 38: Rings
Chapter 39: Proposals
Chapter 40: Kings
Chapter 41: Potions
Chapter 42: Potions II
Chapter 43: Caves
Chapter 44: Endings
Chapter 45: Beginnings
Pyramids
Conclusion
Character Q&A

Chapter 22: Escape

25.7K 1.9K 1.2K
By TaeTae_lyfe

"I can't just escape my thoughts."
                               -Edgar Allen Poe

You released a heavy sigh, leaning your head back against the stone walls of the prison, your thoughts swimming violently in your head. Hunger was beginning to take a toll on you, as you constantly found your eyes drooping shut in exhaustion.

You could hear the soft snores of the men coming from the other cells, each of them falling asleep. It was probably for the best. You could see the sun beginning to rise over the horizon, you knew it wouldn't be too long before the guards came and dragged you to your death.

You had run out of tears.

You were too exhausted to cry anymore.

You accepted your fate.

You moved your blue eyes up to the barred window, wanting to watch one last sunrise before your life was taken from you.

You began to think of your mother. You wondered what she was doing right now. If she was cooking breakfast for your father, if she was looking for you, if she was even still alive.

You bit your lip in irritation.

This was all Yoongi's fault. He betrayed you, he lied to you, he knew how much you trusted him and he took advantage of that.

But you still couldn't hate him.

How could you?

Even if he treated you like dirt, and pushed you around, he cared. That was the one constant thing about Yoongi he always cared.

"I can fake a smile, I can pretend to be happy, I can do almost anything but I can't pretend that I don't love you. You don't have to love me back, just know that I'm going to continue to give you my heart, all of it because no matter what happens, I will always love you."

You groaned in frustration.

Were you just stupid? Why couldn't you see that he had feelings for you?

Maybe because he ruined your life.

"What is wrong with me?" You wondered out loud.

The loud sound of the door being pushed open, caused your body to jump slightly in fright, your eyes snapping over to your cell door.

Running footsteps and loud voices filled the prison, causing your eyebrows to shoot up in confusion.

Yoongi?

Yoongi was suddenly infront of your cell door, his chest heaving as he pushed the key into the lock and shoved the door open.

Your eyes widened as you watched him run towards you, his hands grabbing your ankle roughly.

"What are you doing?! Let go of me!" You shouted as you began to squirm under his tight grip.

"Y/n, stop! I'm getting you out of here!" He yelled, finally managing to unlock the shackle from your ankle.

You stared at him, mouth ajar and eyes widened in shock.

"What?" You breathed.

Yoongi stood up, his arms wrapping underneath your arms in an attempt to pull you up.

"I don't have time to explain, just trust me."

You shook your head , your heart pounding loudly from the adrenaline.

"How can I trust you?! You lied to me!"

Yoongi stopped pulling at your arm, his orange eyes softening as they took in your form. Your clothes were dirty, your hair messy, your arms were crossed over your chest, probably to shield yourself from the cold night air that swept through your cell.

This was his fault.

Yoongi nodded his head solemnly.

"You have to," He breathed sadly,his cold hand moving to cup your face gently. "You just have to trust me."

You shook your head again, shoving his hands away from your face. All of your sadness turning into rage.

"I'm tired of this!" You stated. "I'm tired of being lied to constantly! I'm tired of your mind games! I'm tired of being treated like some stupid little object that no one cares about! I'm tired of being a burden!" You shouted angrily.

"I'm so sick of playing this game with you Yoongi! I don't know if I can trust you or not, I never know if you're lying! And everything in me is screaming that I should just hate you and be done with it, but I can't! My mind is at war with itself and it's all your fault!" You screamed your head began pounding.

Yoongi bit his lip to hold back tears as he watched you lean against the cell wall. His heart aching and his hands clenching as he yearned to touch you again.

"I'm tired. I want the world to be quiet for a bit." You sighed exhaustion getting the better of you. "I know you don't get it, but I'm just tired."

Yoongi couldn't help it, he allowed his hand to cup your face once again, and moved his forehead to rest gently upon yours being surprised when you didn't flinch away. His heart was racing with strong emotions as he felt your warmth breath against his collar bone.

"I know, princess." He stated lowly. "I wish I could say something that would make you trust me, but if you give me time, I can prove it to you. I know I've been a fool. I know that I have done wrong by you and I can never expect you to forgive me."

Yoongi released a shaky breath, his nose nuzzling into your hair, taking in the sweet scent of honey.

"But if you give me a second chance I can promise you, that I won't need a third."

You moved your head to look up at him, your vision becoming hazy as you stared up at the ravenette.

"I-" your mouth was suddenly dry and you began to feel light headed. "I'm tired."

and then you passed out.

Yoongi's eyes widened as your body fell limp to to the floor. His eyes moved over to the plate of untouched food that rested in the middle of the room.

"You stupid, stupid girl. Why didn't you eat anything?" He scolded as his hand cupped your face and he searched you for wounds.

"Yoongi the guards are coming!" Hoseok's voice suddenly yelled.

Yoongi's eyes widened and he instantly threw your limp body over his shoulder, moving swiftly out of your cell to greet the other men.

"We need to act quickly. Lock all the entrances, there's a tunnel in one of the cells used to smuggle in wine to the prisoners of war, if my memory serves, it leads beyond the city gates. We should be able to escape that way."

"Why are you doing this?" Jungkook hissed. "Weren't you the one who put us in the cage? Why on earth would you help us?"

Yoongi sighed.

"I know you all hate me and probably want me dead, but we cannot discuss this right now, the guards are on their way and if they find you, they'll kill you."

Jimin glared harshly at the cursed prince, his golden eyes landing on your unconscious body.

"What did you do to her?!" He shouted taking a few steps towards Yoongi.

Yoongi didn't back away he simply returned Jimin's glare.

"Nothing. She didn't eat her food and passed out from exhaustion."

Jimin scoffed.

"Your lies are getting worse and worse. You don't think I know what your up to?! Your going to send us away and take Y/n back to that cursed kingdom of yours so you can do whatever you want with her!" He snarled taking another step closer to Yoongi. "But I won't let that happen."

Yoongi raised a challenging eyebrow at the silver haired prince.

"This isn't about me and y/n. It about getting all of you to safety, before we are found and hanged. Now you can either suck up your pride and grow a pair, or you can stay here and die. Do whatever you want, but I'm not going to let Y/n stay here with you and die because of your stupidity." He stated.

Jimin frowned.

"Oh no, this is about you and y/n, isn't it?" He asked.

Yoongi frowned.

"What are you talking about?"

"I heard you." The silver haired prince stated. "Last night. I heard you. I heard what you said to y/n. You told her that you were in love with her."

Yoongi's heart dropped.

He didn't think anyone heard that.

"So what if I did?" He asked boldly. "There's Nothing you can do about it. Y/n knows how I feel now."

Jimin chuckled.

"Do you really think that she'll ever love you after what you've done?"

Yoongi took a step forward.

"It doesn't matter if she rejects me, what matters is that I faced my feelings, and I was man enough to tell her. Unlike you who hides behind his insecurities."

Jimin released a low growl.

"You're wrong. I was going to tell her my feelings last night, but you betrayed us and we were captured."

Yoongi chuckled, taking a step closer.

"Looks like I can do something right after all."

Jimin didn't speak anymore, he simply lunged.

His fist met Yoongi's face in a harsh punch. His knuckles cracking from the impact.

Yoongi stumbles a bit, almost loosing his grip on your body, his now red eyes shooting back to Jimin's.

"You don't love her." Jimin growled. "You just don't want to be alone.or maybe she's good for your ego,or maybe she makes you feel better about your miserable life, but you don't love her. Because you don't destroy people you love."

The room fell silent.

The only sound being the heavy breathing coming from the two princes as they stared one another down.

"I do love her." Yoongi spat. "I love her more than you could ever imagine."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 447 36
|| Don't cry when the clouds crying because of me. Thank you for always being by my side and be a good pal of mine. I wish you were you mine, but I c...
1K 48 28
Your heart raced at the feeling of the cold barrel on your forehead, but you knew you had to stay composed. You tried to look for any emotion in his...
25.4K 2.1K 21
•|MYG×Reader|• [COMPLETED] "Don't fear the flames, become the fire" - R.Solo Published: 06/02/21 Chapter count: 18 Word count: 50,000+
59.9K 3.4K 15
Your husband of two years doesn't treat you right anymore, leaving the chance for Jin to fix you. Embrace yourself series : Book 1 - plump || j-hope...