Tsubaki no Hana (Madara Love...

By tuiboog

Mikubae Senju is the younger sister to the Senju siblings and Butsuma's only daughter. She's spent most of he... More

Prologue / / Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Ch. 25
Ch. 26
Ch. 27
Ch. 28
Ch. 29
Ch. 30
Ch. 31
Ch. 32
Stop!
Ch. 33
Ch. 34
Ch. 35
Ch. 36
Ch. 37
Ch. 38
Ch. 39
Ch. 40
Ch. 41
Ch. 42
Ch. 43
Ch. 44
Ch. 45
Ch. 46
Ch. 47
Ch. 48
Ch. 50
Epilogue || Ch. 00
Ch.

Ch. 49

10.6K 530 72
By tuiboog

C H A P T E R   XLIX

M i k u b a e 's     pov

I released a heavy sigh once finishing the final touches on the nursery. It took us quite some time to get this place prepared. After months of work it was finally finished. The cradle that Mito-nee had given to me as a baby shower gift sat in front of the window that outlooked the garden. Everything was in full bloom right now. Dragonflies hung around the small pond, birds chirping in the hanging tree, and the melodic symphony of the compound's chatter faint in the cool wind. The house smelt like sweet fruits and seasoned fish that some of the kids in the compound had brought to me. This place was so different - in a good, homey way.

The walls of the room had been painted a royal blue with the Uchiha crest drawn beautifully like a hanging flag. Scattered on the floor due to the lack of space on the singular shelf Shinji had installed were hundreds of different stuffed animals. All gifts from my child's future family. Everyone in the Uchiha clan were excited to finally greet my baby. The old ladies came over constantly, sharing some tea with me while giving me tips of their own as mothers and grandmothers.

My stomach was absolutely huge. I'd stopped wearing my kimonos and now wore simple, flowy dresses. I thought of how hilarious I must've looked as I waddled down the halls with a panicky Shinji trailing behind, begging me not to trip on my own feet.

There was still a good month and a half left. Before leaving, Ashina-san mentioned that the jinchurikis were expected to have an extra month in their maternity cycle. The reason for it still wasn't clear. Kurama supposed it was probably because my body was housing two entities so the baby's growth took a bit longer due to a lot of my energy went to keeping his power under control. 

My joking reply was," So basically you're saying I'm housing two babies inside me." He was not happy at all. He still wasn't talking to me in fact. In the back of my mind I could hear him grumbling in his domain I had gifted him last winter.

 "Mikubae-sama, do you need help in here?" I looked over my shoulder at Shinji. He was carrying a stack of papers he no doubt was taking back to Madara's office. He was the only person I shared the contents of Madara's letter with.

We both agreed it was best to keep it a secret until Madara gave us the answer he had come to during his months of travel. We couldn't even mention the existence of said letter. It was too dangerous. Even telling the rest of the clan that their leader may be returning was risky. An uprising could start out of nowhere resulting in another war. So gradually he's been returning things to Madara-chan's office.

"No...everything is finished. But do you want me to help you take those?" He immediately moved them out of my reach the moment I tried to take at least half of the weight. He frowned at me. "You're due soon, Mikubae-sama. You'd help me more if you took better care of yourself." I pouted up at the stern male. "You know I'm older than you, right? Who's the doctor here anyways? And technically I could just order you to let me help." 

He saw through my facade. "But you wouldn't, would you."

I huffed, rubbing soothing circles on my stomach absentmindedly. "Well at least let me help you dust the place."

We walked side by side down the hallway. "Your mood has brightened since then..."

I laughed embarrassedly, feeling a familiar heat that I haven't felt in a long time rise in my cheeks. "Haha. I can't deny that! It's hard to believe its been a year since we've met."

"Time has flown by quickly."

Besides a few papers needed by Shinji, nothing in Madara's office had been moved. During the first few weeks he was gone, I would just sit in his chair; eventually, I'd fall asleep in the last of his warmth. Shinji turned the wooden window panels to let in the sunlight and sweet sprint breeze. It was still hard to come in here and not see him. It was odd. Shinji felt the same way. He never once used Madara's office despite being appointed as the new clan leader. Part of me appreciated that sentimental part of him. 

"Mikubae-sama, I'm sorry to spring this on you suddenly, but would you mind coming with me to the hospital?"

"Sure...but why? Are you sick?"

"No. I just...have to return something."

I didn't push the subject any further. It seemed that whatever Shinji intended to return was pretty important. We both made our way out of the compound. Some people still threw nasty glares here and there but I couldn't care about them anymore. Reminding myself constantly that Madara could return at any minute had me walking on air. The village has expanded a lot. New buildings and compounds were being built to attend to the increase of clans coming in to permanently be citizens of Konoha. Last I heard from Mito, Hashirama-oniisama has been swamped with meetings.

His attention being directed elsewhere was good. In spite of it feeling like I was betraying my brother and the village, I needed him to be distracted so that Madara could safely slip into the village. No doubt he didn't need such a handicap but it was reassuring for the me whose emotions and hormones have been at a new high lately.

Shinji led me through the cool building to wherever he needed to go. To my surprise, we walked down the familiar hallways of the emergency ward. And to my even bigger surprise, the person Shinji was searching for was none other than my friend and assistant, Kouka. She had taken over my responsibilities as head of the emergency ward while on maternal leave. 

From what my superiors have told me, she was doing a fantastic job. Another reassurance in my life. If things were to become complicated with Madara and the village at least I'd known the hospital I had helped build from the ground up would be in good hands. I lingered behind as Shinji walked over to tap the busy nurse on her shoulder. 

A cute blush nearly covered her face when she lifted her head to meet Shinji's stoic gaze. Though I couldn't hear their conversations due to their low voices and the hustling of medical staff, I was able to put two and two together when Shinji handed her back a small container we usually used here in the hospital for medical ointments. Shinji bowed his head respectfully then started backtracking his way over to me. 

Kouka's face was so easy to read. I sent her a little wave before walking out of the hospital with Shinji. He hadn't said a word since we left. It was becoming increasingly harder to keep a smirk from surfacing on my face. "So how do you know Kouka-san," I asked casually.

"I've met Kouka-san a few times when Madara-sama was admitted to the hospital. She caught me training last week and gave me that ointment to help with some of my injuries."

"I see. She's a very sweet girl. One of my top students in herbal medicine. I have no doubt that she made that very ointment herself." 

"She's very talented. Kouka-san's efforts are commendable." It was no use now. I practically threw myself onto Shinji's arm, causing him to stagger from the sudden shift of weight. A full blown grin stretched. "You and Kouka-san are the same age, right? Ne, Shinji-kun, are you maybe attracted to Kouka?" His entire face bloomed with an unseen red. It was amusing watching Shinji act like the flustered teenage boy he was meant to be. 

"M-Mikubae-sama, please stop!"

"Haha. Come on~. You can tell me! There's no need to be embarrassed!" 

"You're wrong. There's nothing like that going on between Kouka-san and I!" 

"Aw. Shinji-kun, you should be more honest with yourself. Kouka-chan is a great catch!" 

T h i r d   POV

The two's bantering continued on as they strolled casually through Konoha. Shinji asked if there was anywhere specific she wanted to go; anything else she needed to go before the big day. She answered by saying that everything was perfect. All that was left was for a certain someone to finally get back. After an hour of touring, Shinji brought her to a restaurant. 

She sat alone while he ordered their food. It was a very humble restaurant. Just recently opened. The young couple that owned it had two children of their own. It had a nice warm feeling. If you sat upstairs, where Mikubae and Shinji were given seats, you had a pretty good view of Konoha and all of its accomplishments. The finishing touches on Hashirama's sculpted face on the side of the mountain were being made. 

It was decided that it would be where all future Hokage's would have their faces carved. It was different. Eye-catching. And it reminded everyone that Konoha was entering a new era. Mikubae smiled to herself. She recalled her first memory in Konoha. 

She remembered the excitement she felt as she entered those grand gates for the first time. The warmth, the sounds, the smells, the scenery - they completely washed away all the horrors of her past life in the Senju Clan. There were many trials and tribulations she faced but she couldn't have come out as the woman as she was if she hadn't gone through them. 

Mikubae saw the difference in herself. She'd grown stronger. Her eyes awoke to a lot of things. The scars she got up until now were her well-deserved trophies. There was more to life than wishing for peace. It was something she had to seize with her own hands. Living here with everyone, seeing their worst and best times has shown her that nothing was more important than unity. 

Hopefully one day her child could experience these honest feelings. 

Mikubae's brows furrowed. Something was wrong. So, so, wrong. Her nerves were scrambling to figure out what was so wrong. She felt sick...

Her eyes widened when a sharp pain hit her like a tidal wave. The pain mostly came from her stomach then spread out through her body like a poisonous spider web wrapping around every muscle, every organ, every nerve. It had her screaming so loud that the entire restaurant fell deathly silent. Mikubae screamed in agony as a warm liquid ran down the side of her leg. Shinji pushed through the accumulating crowd to her side, eyes become wide with horror.

 "Mikubae-sama! What's wrong? What is it," he spluttered frantically. 

Heavy drops of sweat fell from her now slicked bangs. Her complexion was turning pale - fast. One of her shaky hands dropped onto Shinji's shoulders. In weak, labored breaths and gritted teeth, she grounded out the one sentence she didn't think she'd say for another month. "Baby...is coming..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 86 17
Growing up in wartime was hard for everyone, be them adults or children alike; Saruyama Senju was no exception. She had seen people come and go so ma...
327K 8.1K 27
So as the name says this is a Tobirama fan fic. Tobirama somehow falls in love with an Uchiha.. more importantly Madara's little sister. I don't own...
823K 32.9K 54
Uzumaki Asami finally joins her sister in Konoha after looking for fellow clan members after the destruction of Uzushiogakure, and she meets Madara t...
394K 10.3K 64
Y/n Uchiha was the Youngest Sibling of Madara and Izuna. She was adopted by Madara after her parents died in the battle between the Senju and Uchi...