Second Snapshot (Picture This...

By thesamemistakes

-COMPLETED -BK 3 IN PROGRESS- Business. It's all about business now. Nobody should give a single damn about l... More

-Second Snapshot (-Picture This Sequel)
-Guns, filling in and encounters. [Chapter 1]
-Stupid, crazy, messed up little love life. [Chapter 2]
-Nobody said it was easy...[Chapter 3]
-An un-wanted exit never goes to plan. [Chapter 4]
-Let's argue over breakfast. [Chapter 5]
-Rain, protein and accusations. [Chapter 6]
-You can run, but you can't hide from fate. [Chapter 7]
-Just Listen. [Chapter 8]
-New Surroundings. [Chapter 9]
-Summer nights and fun fair lights. [Chapter 10]
-Pushing it too far. [Chapter 11]
-We need to talk. [Chapter 12]
-Looks can be deceiving. [Chapter 13]
-Innovation and Realization. [Chapter 14]
-Don't be nice. [Chapter 15]
-Concealing the forbidden. [Chapter 16]
-Confrontation and late nights. [Chapter 17]
-Mysteries, strangers and suspicions. [Chapter 18]
-Broken family and phone calls. [Chapter 19]
-Operation Commence. [Chapter 20]
-Just label me. [Chapter 21]
-Force yourself through, just keep on running. [Chapter 22]
-Un-reserved regret, concern and traumatised hope. [Chapter 23]
-Feel the first time, but never let go. [Chapter 24]
-The world can be anything you want it to be. [Chapter 25]
-Promise me. [Chapter 26]
-Golden keys and black deaths. [Chapter 27]
-You're obsessed. [Chapter 28]
-Surprises & Sinking ships. [Chapter 29]
-Sabotage me. [Chapter 31]
-Fake a friendship, it's worth more than a real one. [Chapter 32]
-Overrated fears. [Chapter 33]
-Don't ever come back. [Chapter 34]
-Unwrapping Happiness. [Chapter 35]
-Teach me. [Chapter 36]
-Even when you think you are, you're never alone. [Chapter 37]
-Family feuds and suspicious sisters. [Chapter 38]
-You can take my breath away. [Chapter 39]
-Intoxication & Secrets. [Chaoter 40]
-These four words. [Chapter 41]
-Confessional blood. [Chapter 42]
-Cupcake catastrophes. [Chapter 43]
-Redheaded rumours. [Chapter 44]
-Just be honest. [Chapter 45]
-Confess me. [Chapter 46]
-Fixing the broken pieces. [Chapter 47]
-Change. [Chapter 48]
-New beginnings. [Chapter 49]
-Lifting the curtain on reality; it's the best way forward. [Chapter 50]
-Uncounted for visits and progress. [Chapter 51]
-Mr Sarcastic. [Chapter 52]
-Petty little crushes. [Chapter 53]
-Detached memories. [Chapter 54]
-Discover your weakness. [Chapter 55]
-Refusal and broken hope. [Chapter 56]
-Catch me out. [Chapter 57]
-Regulating the silent treatment. [Chapter 58]
-I don't. [Chapter 59]
-Hollow secrets & bleak mornings. [Chapter 60]
-You're fired. [Chapter 61]
-Audible, unwanted, remarks. [Chapter 62]
-Vexatious encounters. [Chapter 63]
-Mysterious Perfection. [Chapter 64]
-Trilogy Information.

-Expose yourself in picture. [Chapter 30]

73.5K 520 136
By thesamemistakes

CHAPTER THIRTY- Expose yourself in picture.

Casting my gaze to the other side of the room I took in a sleeping Niall. His hair was scruffy and he had a small smile playing on his lips which were parted slightly the way they always were when he slept. I suddenly felt a whole lot less motivated to leave for America today, I couldn’t stand the thought that we had just come back to each other again after so long apart in our eyes and now I had to leave again. Putting another ocean between us, another few weeks, but then after a few more weeks apart if everything went to plan, we’d hopefully have Christmas together in Ireland and that’d be nice, well that’d be more than nice. Last year when I went there with him was magical, and that’s an understatement. Those few days I spent there with him were probably some of the best memories I’ve created with him, and we’ve created a lot. Besides, everybody knows life’s all about creating memories, about living for the moment so even if things don’t turn out the way you want them to or don’t turn out into the ideal you can always look back and say you had a fantastic time creating that memory, living that moment and being with that person. I still can’t put my life on Niall and I being together forever, because however much we want to be right now you can’t predict the future, but I know that wherever we both end up one day, together or not, no matter what happened I’ll still be able to look back and never regret things I did with Niall and being with Niall. Even if things haven’t been totally smooth since we first met last year that by no means, means that I regret falling in love with him, because I don’t and I know I never will.

I sucked in some air as I put my phone back onto the floor and shuffled back over next to him easily slipping back into the tight embrace we were in before I got up. Snuggling into his chest that was slowly rising and falling with each breath he took I let a wide smile play across my lips at just being with him like this. Tracing my fingers over his bare stomach I felt the feelings of compassion and love for him sparking inside of me flooding with that same swoony and in love feeling that I’ve endured so heavily in indulging myself in these past twelve hours or so. Twelve hours of bliss, aside from the slight doorbell incident but that’s irrelevant now, it’s just nice to be here with him. I felt his arm tighten around me slightly and I took this opportunity to breathe in, amercing myself in his scent. Since I was going to miss it so much along with many other countless things when I left for New York again today.

It was going to be weird, slipping back into that routine again after so long, being on my own in New York again, in my apartment. I was weary about going back there, to say the least, I hadn’t spent a night there alone since it got broken into and Niall’s extremely apprehensive about letting me. But what else was I supposed to do? I had to go back to work some when and I also had to sleep somewhere, my apartment was paid for by my employers, most things were so I kind of had to use it. It wasn’t like I wasn’t apprehensive too after everything that had been going on since then, my studio, strange notes and noises. It could just all be coincidence but I had a strange gut wrenching feeling that it wasn’t, that it was something more of a cause for concern than that.

Bringing me from my uneasy thoughts was the very easy and blessed feel of Niall’s lips against my forehead planting a soft and ever so light kiss to my skin leaving it tingling with craving for him, and it was only the early hours.

“Good morning beautiful.”

He breathed his breath warm against my skin and I let my smile spread wider as he began to shift slightly beside me pulling me closer to him.

“Morning.”

I whispered grazing my lips with his and he smiled tilting my chin up and pressing his lips mine in a feathery and quick peck.

“Do me a favour and don’t go to America?”

He frowned wrapping both of his arms around me and hugging me to him tightly and fumbling his lips against my temple again.

“I wish, but I kinda have to…But guess what? My flight got delayed a few hours.”

“It did? Just so you know…I’ve never been so happy that a flight got delayed in my life.”

He grinned now tilting my chin up again and kissing me again for a while longer than before.

“Me too.”

I giggled pressing my lips back to his for a few seconds.

“When’s your flight now?”

He questioned as we pulled apart but his hand was still cupping my face with his forehead resting against mine.

“Midday. So I guess I’ll leave at like ten? But I have to go back home first…”

I trailed off at the uneasy thought of returning home. Surely my Mother would be full of telling offs of how I should have been at home for my last night in England. But really, things went a hell of a lot smoother staying with Niall then they would have if I had stayed home.

“Okay…I wanna come to the airport with you.”

He pouted and I just looked at him wishing that we could do that, but really right now, I didn’t know how many close encounters we could afford because it was becoming too questionable and everyone was seeming to be tiring of believing us when we said we were just friends or that there was nothing more than a civil friendship going on.

“I wish you could.”

I frowned nuzzling into him.

“Nobody said I couldn’t.”

He shrugged running his fingers through my very imperfect and tangled hair. I looked up at him raising my eyebrows but he still had that demeanour of innocence conveying in his every move as well as expression as if this was a completely feasible idea.

“Niall you know why you can’t.”

He sighed inching down closer to me his eyes still their usual bright pools of blue captivating me as they mirrored my own.

“I know, but I don’t know, I’m just past caring. Everyone else can shove it if they don’t like it.”

“You know…I really admire your determination Niall but I just…I don’t want things to turn out how they did last year, cus you have to admit, that wasn’t nice.”

He sighed inwardly his face falling slightly and right then I felt like telling him that it was okay, and that we could be the couple we used to be last year, in public and not giving a shit what anyone else thought. But even though I wish I could be someone like Niall who really didn’t give a shit what people thought, the reality is that I’m just not and I don’t think I ever will be.

“Well no of course that wasn’t nice…I just wish I could give you a normal relationship Ash, that’s all…”

I let my lips quirk into a small smile at that. He’s utterly adorable. Smiling I reached a hand up and ran my fingers through his hair letting my fingers trace down his jawline.

“I don’t want a normal relationship Niall, the one I have with you is just fine.”

“You know Ash?” He mused lacing his fingers with mine and pressing our palms flat together bringing them above our heads. “You’re the most amazing person I’ve ever met.”

I couldn’t supress the grin that came almost instantly with that sentence. Hearing that from anyone was wonderful and pretty unbelievable, but hearing it from him? Indescribable.

“Likewise Niall.” I beamed pressing my lips to his. “Likewise.”

-

“I can’t believe you.”

I shook my head at Niall as I shovelled oatmeal and strawberries into my mouth chewing consciously as he busied himself with ‘organising’ the kitchen cupboards.

“It’ll be fine, I promise. You know how busy airports get.”

He mused waving a hand dismissively and I rolled my eyes.

“Mmm but you know how good paps are at seeking people like you out, or us.”

“When you say people like me, you mean undeniably sexy and cute Irish people don’t you?”

“Course I do.”

I assured rolling my eyes again and he smirked shutting the final cupboard and wrapping his arms around me.

“Good, because that’s what I thought.”

He nodded curtly and then pressed a few electrifying kisses to my neck making me shiver in pleasure.

“Mmm I bet you did.”

“I swear it’s gonna snow.”

Niall commented peering out the window and frowning slightly.

“I thought you liked snow?”

I asked furrowing my brow and he shrugged.

“It’s okay, but it’s better at Christmas, it’s a bit inconvenient”

“Inconvenient.”

I repeated trying this word out on my tongue and raising my eye-brows at him, he nodded flashing me a smile.

“Don’t you?”

He questioned now sifting through one the drawers for a pen, for reasons which I did not know.

It was a rather risky thing what we were doing today and I couldn’t but help but feel that I made the wrong decision by okay-ing his suggestion that he come with me to the airport to say goodbye properly as it was going to be a few weeks away again. But every time I was at an airport there were always paps there, always, even when I was on my own. Why it was so special for them to get pictures of me getting on a plane/waiting for a plane etc. I had no idea and I hated it. I hated them taking pictures of me anywhere truth be told but since I had been back and forth a lot a few months ago in-between LA-NYC-England-Wales, it had come to pis me off even more that every corner I turned, every step I took or even when I had barely set foot in the airport, I was being pictured. Which was why I knew that if they went that crazy over getting pictures of me then no doubt the press/media/fans and pretty much everyone was going to go absolutely crazy over Niall saying goodbye to me at the airport. We were playing the line that we were still civil friends who spoke every once in a while, but the way our ‘friendship’ was conveyed in the public eye was not the type where you would expect it to be normal to see Niall bidding me farewell at the airport when I went back to America, no. And for some reason, I had this feeling that Niall wasn’t going to make it a very discreet goodbye either. He was being particularly rebellious at the moment with the way he spoke about our relationship in the public eye and I think he was reaching the point where he couldn’t handle the secrecy anymore, and today, with this whole goodbye thing, I think was just the beginning of how we were slowly creeping our relationship back into the tabloids. I’m not a fortune teller, I can’t predict how smoothly this is going to go but I can just tell that by tomorrow morning, mine and his mentions on twitter are gonna be going crazy (mine mostly with hate.) and there will be multiple pictures circulating both the internet and the tabloids. Fun.

Shrugging I swallowed the last of my oatmeal and dumped my bowl into the dishwasher pushing it shut with my leg.

“It’s pretty I guess, at the right time.”

I mused watching him scribble something down onto a post-it note and then stick it by the fruit bowl.

“Christmas in New York last year.”

He smirked and I felt my heart beat quicken slightly at the thought that he was about to openly bring up what happened then, at that party, that night. The way I’d been having such a bad day and I just wanted to go home, I’d escaped the party as that one fateful song came on finding a secluded room and the next thing I knew he was there. His voice apparent before anything else and that moment when his eyes met with mine and how shy and awkward he was as he stuttered his words out. How my heart was almost about to burst out of my chest in the anticipation and fear of seeing him again and this time he wasn’t walking away, right there, coming closer looking just as nervous as I felt. And I could swear I could hear the laughter and whispers of the other boys from somewhere distance and the song was rounding up now and then as it slipped into the next one and the first few beats began to play. I guess it was all rather coincidental at the time, it was like it had been rehearsed multiple times, like we were following a script and someone else was making all these things around us happen.

We’ll do it all.

Everything, on our own.

But it wasn’t. It was all just there, happening; it was almost like I was watching myself at the time. How my hands began to shake as he leant closer his skin electronic against mine as he cupped my face with his hand and then before I knew it the way his lips were on mine, so soft and familiar but at the same time so foreign and far away. Looking back, it all seemed pretty pathetic how nervous I was but I guess at the same time I had the right to be, it was all a rather strange and completely un-expected situation giving the circumstances at the time. We had been so distant for so many months, no contact at all and then after that ten second kiss, he was gone again, walking away.

But then again, he might not even be talking about that, but surely he knew that just saying those words together in the same string of speech was going to spark these memories back up. That was my most significant thing when someone mentioned Christmas last year, in fact that was probably the only thing I could think of concerning last year’s Christmas.

“What-What about it?”

I questioned now avoiding his gaze as I folded up my flight details and slid them into my back pocket of my jeans. He shrugged now looking away from me too his cheeks reddening slightly and I think only now he had realised what he’d said, or rather what he’d implied.

“The snow, I mean. Not um…That…Hey Ash, do you…do you think I did the right thing that night?”

Oh god. Questions. Questions involving important and fragile things. Exactly my forte, of course he was going to bring this up like this. So innocently, so lacking in depth, when in fact we both knew that between us, even though un-spoken, those few minutes that we spent in that room with racing hearts and sweaty palms held so much depth and importance.

I shrugged again, now feeling my cheeks up the same way his had and my palms broke out into that uneasy clammy sweat again with the nervous feeling flooding through my body. It wasn’t that I was nervous, well actually I guess I was, it was just a fragile subject. Something we’d left unspoken for so long that I pretty much had it down as being a forever unspoken subject, which was okay because we both knew and felt all we needed to without having to speak of it, but now we were, and he was asking for my opinion as if we were talking about some other couple and not in fact ourselves, just almost a year ago, so clueless, so lost, the both of us. But maybe at the same time it was a smart thing to do. Or maybe it just proved for final that both of us around each other conveyed pure insanity. But whatever it was, I couldn’t put my finger on it and I sure couldn’t phrase it in an intelligent way either.

“I-I don’t know, do you?”

Wow, firing the question back and twisting it back on him. Smooth Ashley, real smooth.

“Well I don’t know. That’s why I was asking you.”

Okay, he shot it back. We’re practically playing this like an infrequent game of Ping-Pong, even smoother.

“Well, I guess, err I suppose things were different back then. Right?”

“Right,” He nodded stiffly before sliding into the seat on the other side of the island opposite me. “But that doesn’t answer my question…Would you have rather we um, picked things back up then and there?”

Okay so now he’s hitting it directly on the head. The balls in your court Ashley, play it, but play it right. With the truth.

“I don’t know. I guess not, I don’t know. I don’t think I was really ready to talk everything through back then, I like the way things went this way. Wh-What about you?”

He bit his lower lip offering me a small smile as he ran a hand through his hair and then smoothed it back out again, I watched him do this, waiting to see how he was going to take this one.

“I missed you, a lot. I guess that’s all I really do know for definite. It was a hard time back then Ash, and I guess I kind of felt like I had to, just to make sure you didn’t completely hate me or whatever. But you’re right, maybe it was too soon to sort things out for sure, and I guess you were deep into your life in New York at the time, right?”

I felt like he was holding back when saying this, probably because I hadn’t gone too deep with my reply. The truth was I was a complete wreck back then without him and I was up until we got back together again a few months ago, but I felt kind of weak saying this, and maybe selfish, because I was the one who ended it all, who broke his heart as well as my own so it wasn’t fair for me to complain about how much I was suffering when it was for my own good.

“Niall just know, that I never did or never could hate you.”

“Ashley?”

“Mm?”

“I know we talked about this a long time ago but…I was prepared to try with you, you know. It wasn’t the end for me just because you were moving to New York, it wasn’t over for me then, I was prepared to try, Ash.”

Just as he completed that second sentence guilt flooded my body, seeping through my skin and into my veins and giving me a nauseated feeling. This guilt, I deserved to feel, I don’t think any punishment is ever worthy of what I said and did to Niall and our relationship last year. Every single day since I’ve beat myself up about it and wondered how the hell I found the anger and insanity in that moment to end everything that was ever important to me, but somehow I did

I forced myself to look up at him meeting his wistful gaze, he was forcing through a small and sad smile but I could tell it wasn’t genuine. I was harsh, that night, way too harsh and he didn’t deserve it. He didn’t deserve it then and he didn’t deserve it now, but somehow I gave it to him. All those faux feelings and sentences thinking it would make things easier when in fact it made them ten times harder.

“Niall, you know I’m sorry and it was a long time ago. But, I did it for you more than myself, I didn’t think you would…want to try a relationship like that with me, I mean; it wasn’t going to be easy was it? Having an ocean between us, you didn’t deserve…You didn’t deserve to be tied up by me, because in America Niall, I couldn’t give you all the things you deserved, I couldn’t give you all the things that other girls could. I just thought you deserved better.”

For a moment he just looked at me and I was genuinely surprised in myself for being so open about this. Not before had I told him that this was also a counter-thought with the whole moving to New York thing. Because I loved him, I wanted him to be happy. And I honestly didn’t believe that he would be in a long distance relationship with me, I didn’t think it would work.

“Ashley you should have known that I couldn’t get any better than you and I didn’t want anything that other girls could give me, I only wanted you, regardless of whether you lived halfway across the world or not. Having a relationship with you while you lived in America was a million times better than having one with another girl who lived in England.”

He informed me and this just made me feel even guiltier. Why does he have to be so sweet? It really does not do a lot to help the guilt factor that forever lurks with this memory. I felt my heart skip several beats at his words, they were concerning something so dark and bleak to both of us in our infrequent past but somehow they still managed to convey such pure compassion and compliment. Expressing none other than the love we share for each other and how we both genuinely believe we can’t get any better than each other, which is something special in itself.

I looked up at him my bangs had now fallen in front of my eyes and I looked up at him through them almost scared he would see something in my eyes that he shouldn’t. Maybe the guilt he managed to stir up inside of me every time the events of last year were merely hinted at, or maybe how much of an act I had to put on to make it seem like I actually wanted to break up with him and that the words that I told him were the complete opposite to what I was saying as I spoke them, or hollered them down the street to him at one in the morning. Either way, I was still kind of scared that to him I looked as transparent as I felt. That I may be able to fool everyone else but never him, however hard I may try.

“I’m sorry.”

I stuttered not knowing what else I was supposed to say so I settled with just phrasing what I was feeling, and that was the guilt, regret and un-reserved apologises I still had stacked up inside of me for him and that cold September night last year.

At this point his face softened and he leant across the island bringing my bangs and tucking them behind my ear so he could look at me properly and then he did his infamous thing of tilting my chin up forcing me to look at him. As if no matter what I was feeling, or conveying in my outward demeanour didn’t affect how he looked at me, that it wasn’t anything I had to hide from him, there was nothing I had to hide from him in his eyes.

“Ash it’s okay I wasn’t looking for an apology. I know you are, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to start this whole conversation up again I was just making sure you knew a few things. I love you and I know that you said things you didn’t mean last year and that’s okay because even if at the time it really hurt it’s not like I haven’t said things I don’t mean. Neither of us are perfect, everyone makes mistakes.”

He smiled now leaning closer to me his finger still tilting up my chin to look at him and I swallowed the uneasy lump rising in my throat making all of this harder and forced a small smile back.

“I love you too.”

I breathed now leaning forward too as his hand moved from underneath my chin to cupping my face at my jawline as he captured my lips in his own in a sweet and soft kiss filled with those stomach turning butterflies and electrifying heartbeats quick inside of me.

-

“Niall I can see them already.”

I hissed cautiously dropping his hand and nodding in the direction of a group of men generally in jeans and t-shirts, with the classic paparazzi cameras hanging from their necks their fingers already situated over the buttons waiting upon arrival of someone or something worth snapping a couple or a lot of shots of. Luckily for us they were on the other side of the building to the entrance we were taking but that didn’t mean they would fail to get some shots.

“It’s fine,” He assured grabbing my hand again and giving it a reassuring squeeze. “Now, we have nothing to hide and they can figure it out for themselves if they want to. You’re going to America anyway so you’ll be away from it all and I’ll deal with it all and by Christmas it all would have died down, I assure you Miss Dawson, it will be fine.”

I just looked at him and then back to the paps hoping none of them would turn around any second soon as we crossed the car park to the airport. We were running late now and the last minute for check in was merely ten minutes away.

“Pick up the pace a bit cus I’m not waiting for the next flight.”

I instructed tugging at his hand slightly.

“Nah I don’t mind if you miss your flight, more time with yours truly.”

He grinned and I rolled my eyes playfully.

“As nice as that sounds I have to go some when.”

I shrugged and he frowned pulling me closer to him affectionately.

“I wish you didn’t.”

“Yeah but Niall you’re not gonna be in England anyway.”

I reminded him and he shrugged again. He was going to be all over the place these next few weeks and only in England for a day or two.

“I know but it just feels nicer to have you in England, it’s closer than America and easier for me to get away with seeing you.”

“Only a few more weeks until Christmas though.”

I sung and he smiled pressing a feathery kiss to my forehead.

“I know, exactly what date are you coming back to England?”

“22nd.”

I grimaced and his smile faded a bit.

“Oh…”

“I know, it’s late but I’m skipping out on the annual Xmas party.”

“Ooooh rebel.”

“Shut up.”

I giggled bumping him with my elbow as he just smiled.

“So, I know we still have a bit of time yet but how does this sound? When you fly back into England I’ll meet you at Heathrow and then we’ll go back to the house, spend the night there and then the next day we’ll fly out to Ireland and we’ll be there just in time for Christmas Eve? Or did you wanna go back home first cus if you do then that’s totally cool too.”

I considered this for a moment. In all honesty, no, I didn’t really want to go back home first. Or at all, for that matter, but faking a half decent relationship was better than actually working on one with my family. Niall was still oblivious to the fact that I still had to actually let my parents know that I wasn’t coming home for Christmas but in fact going to Ireland with Niall. I wasn’t going to ask, I was going to tell them, because I am an adult now and there is no way that they can physically stop me and whether they approve or not, I will be with Niall and I will do what I want with him and go where I want with him.

“No, that sounds like a good plan.”

“Are you sure? Cus I mean I don’t wanna drag you away from your family.”

He concerned and I slid my gaze to his giving him a you-should-know-this look but he was intent on remaining this as being completely innocent, which he, was.

“Niall you know how I feel about my family.”

“I know love, I was just making sure.”

He smiled pressing another kiss to my temple and then smoothing his hand over and down my hair settling it around my shoulders in the natural loose waves state it turned out to be after I showered this morning.

“Oh fucking hell Niall not already.”

I breathed heaving a sigh as I tugged at his hand to walk faster and as a sceptical pap began walking in our direction occasionally lifting his camera to his face snapping shots furiously as he strained his neck to get a better look at us. I considered dropping Niall’s hand but then I figured he’d probably just hold it again so I stayed like that deciding we’d just stick this out like they weren’t even there.

“Let them take pictures and come up with the most ridiculous captions by tomorrow. See if I care.”

He shrugged giving my hand another reassuring squeeze. Unfortunately, I was not so care free.

“You know my Mother’s gonna totally flip at this, right?”

He snapped his gaze to mine and grimaced slightly.

“Ah shit Ash, I didn’t think of that. I’m sorry, you wanna run?”

“It’s okay. Like I said she can shove it if she doesn’t like it. It’s not like she can do anything, I don’t plan on going back home until after Christmas anyway.”

“I think you should go back Ash, even if just for a day, I mean are you just gonna never see them?”

I shrugged honestly wanting that to be the case. However bad that seemed.

“That’d be nice.”

He gave me a look.

“Ash…”

“What? It’s true. We don’t get along Niall, they don’t like me and I don’t like them.”

“Ashley they’re still your family at the end of the day.”

“Believe me Niall, if you saw what my Mum was like in one of my arguments with her you wouldn’t even be referring to her as family.”

Niall didn’t say anything back to his biting down on his lower lip. Whenever I brought up my Mother, I still couldn’t help but feel like there was always something he wanted to say but held back, stopping himself before he said it and for him that meant cutting out his speech completely. I’d wanted to ask him what this thing was for a while but I’d look a bit of an idiot if there really was nothing and I was just paranoid. Maybe I’ll ask him over video call or something in our time apart.

Now we were entering the airport and I held my palm to my forehead as I noticed the group of paparazzi in the corner looking around frantically, I turned back around facing away from them in hope that maybe they’d just go somewhere else, but no such luck.

“Ash come on just ignore them. Just pretend like they’re not there and maybe it’ll be okay.”

“Niall it’s never okay when it comes to them.”

Spinning me back around to face him he brushed some hair from my face tucking it behind my ear as he stepped closer to me.

“I know it’s not Ash but it’ll be okay because in twenty minutes time, you’ll be on a plane to America and they’ll be back here. I’ll sort it out, I’ll deal with it and by Christmas time it all will have died down and it’ll be okay, trust me love.”

I just looked at him focusing on only him as people rushed past us. We were just another couple, sharing another tearful goodbye, just another couple, smiling at each other lovingly. Like so many others, we were just another couple parting ways at Heathrow airport.

“Oh I’m gonna miss you.”

I breathed folding my arms around his shoulders in a hug which he pulled me closer into.

“I’m gonna miss you too…And isn’t that your flight number?”

He questioned and when I pulled up looking up the orange digits on the board did in fact convey that it was my last five minutes for checking in for my flight so pulling away I grabbed his hand pulling him along as I jogged as fast I could in my wedges toward the check in counter with him chuckling behind me.

Shoving my paperwork and boarding card at the lady on the desk who gave me a look for being so late I looked up at the board to see that my flight hadn’t been called for boarding yet so I had a few minutes to say goodbye to Niall.

“I promise I’ll call you at least once every day.”

He breathed sliding his arms around my waist and pulling me close to him, smiling I rested my forehead against his trying my best to brush off the ever creeping closer paps.

“And I promise I’ll answer, and call you too.”

“Good.”

Flight B231 boarding to New York now.

The speakers overhead boomed and soon a few people started shuffling through the security and disappearing into the tunnel to the left. I sighed as I draped my arms over his shoulder in a hug as now the bright lights were popping and flashing furiously now we had been identified I was waiting for the shouting to begin.

“Niall they’re taking pictures.”

I hissed into his ear and he shrugged.

“Don’t worry about it, let them take pictures, just ignore them…Text me when you land yeah? I don’t care what time it is here, just text me so I know you’re okay.”

“Okay.”

I nodded hugging him tighter and then the reminder that I needed to board now repeated and I decided I really did need to.

“I love you and have a good time, okay? I’ll see you next month love.”

“I love you too.”

I breathed pulling away and beginning to retreat into my exit but as I expected him to hug me again or something as the cameras were still furiously snapping photos but no, instead he pulled me straight back to him slamming my body back into his so there was literally no space between us as he crashed his lips to mine and as I placed my arms around his neck the bright lights got almost blinding and I could see some security warding them off but they were screaming and shouting inaudible things at both us and the security while still wildly snapping pictures.

Last call for flight B231 boarding now. Last call for flight B231 boarding now.

“Next month.”

I echoed as we pulled away ignoring the questions that were being fired at us across the room and now everyone appeared to be staring at us.

“Uh huh, you better go.”

I nodded pecking his lips one more time before slipping out of his grip and beginning to turn away keeping my head down.

“I love you!”

He called after me and now I could see a few people watching us sympathetically.

“I love you too!”

I called back over my shoulder and after giving him a wave and blowing a kiss I broke into a fast jog through the security and began my journey down the tunnel towards the plane. And as I looked back Niall was still watching me with his hands in his pockets he gave me a wave as he saw me looking which I returned and then he turned away ducking his head down as he made a dash in the opposite direction from the paparazzi.

So commence another month without Niall.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N.

hehe awh nothing ever goes right;)

but in case you didn't notice with the doorbell drama last chapter SHE'S GOING BACK TO IRELAND FOR CHRISTMAS BABY;)

so I hope all my fellow englanders have enjoyed the summer this week as next week it's apparently going to rain.

but who saw the opening ceromony last night? holy shit it was somethingg. my father saw it at the stadium on monday, he got to watch the dress reharsal because he has a cool job yo hehe

guess what I'm getting my braces on wednesday so I probably won't be uploading for a few daysafterwards cus I'm gonna be like dying so yeah and then shortly after that I'm going to stay at my Nan's like three hours away and that means no freaking wifi so guess what? No uploads:( but we won't be there for anything more than five days or so (hopefuly.)

right see you tomorrow. Happy Olympics 2012 babyy

-Emily.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3M 95K 84
[ (BK 1) -COMPLETED -BK 3 IN PROGRESS- (CURRENTLY EDITING) ] Ashley Dawson has spent her life living in the shadow of her pop-star sister Ellie Dawso...
112K 5.9K 20
"No, you don't get to do this." He looks at him angrily. But there's also a tinge of sadness behind those green eyes, Zayn can see that. Because even...
23.2K 429 64
"We will see each other again." Louis told me. He was about to go on tour. He had just won the x-factor. "When?" I asked him. "As soon as I can." He...
73.3K 2.6K 42
It wasn't suppose to happen like this. She was nerdy. Small nerdy little Emma. Always being picked on by people bigger than her. People like Harry fo...