The Ruka Wild ↠ Book 3 > A:TL...

By xdistantwords

( third book in The Ruka Wild series ) Heartbroken and alone, Ruka is sent to the Boiling Rock where she face... More

Extended Summary
00
01
02
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35

03

21.3K 832 280
By xdistantwords

Ruka (3)

I fluttered my eyes open as light shined on them. I saw the shadows of two bodies walk in. When my eyes focused, I frowned when Reign and Hiko walked over to me.

"What point of 'leave me alone' did you not understand?" I asked Reign as I sat up.

"So the infamous prisoner does speak." Hiko slightly smiled.

"I told you." Reign rolled her eyes. "And I don't take orders from prisoners. Prisoners take orders from me."

I huffed, "Whatever."

"Try not to be a brat today, okay?" Reign said.

"I've spoken only a few words and now I'm a brat?" I cocked a brow.

Ignoring me, she turned her head to face Hiko. "Bring her in."

I furrowed my brows. "Bring who in?"

A girl about the same age as me walked in. She had short, brown hair with a red tint to it. She was also dressed in prison clothes.

"Hi," the girl waved awkwardly. "I'm Suki."

"Ruka." I said slowly as I eyed her up and down. "Do I know you from somewhere?"

"I'm a warrior from Kyoshi Island. You were there when-"

"I remember." I said. I didn't want to let her finish. I hate being reminded of him.

"Uhm," Suki looked back at Reign and Hiko for help. They only nodded at her. She looked back at me then sat down on the floor in a criss-cross position. "When I heard you were in here, I wanted to talk to you. Your brother-"

I quickly moved down to the floor and crawled over to her. "You know Sokka?"

She nodded, "I do. The last time I saw him, he talked to me about you."

My bottom lip was quivering. I was on the verge of tears. "What did he say? Do you remember his exact words?"

Suki grabbed my hand and gave it a soft squeeze. "I miss her. I want to see her. Knowing Ruka, she thinks I hate her. But I don't. I want to tell her that I love her. I want her to explain to me why she chose Zuko so that I could understand better. I hope she's okay and that she'll find her way back to us soon."

I was sobbing now. Tears were rolling down my face back to back. I looked past Suki to Reign and Hiko. "Y-you have to get me out of here. I have to find him. I- I have to make him understand. I have to apologize for leaving because it was a mistake! I should've stayed! Please... please get me out of here! I promise I won't tell anyone what you did... I promise."

Hiko looked away from me in sadness. Reign slowly walked over to me and placed her hand on my shoulder. "There's nothing we can do. I'm sorry."

I hugged myself. My hands were shaking and I was uncontrollably crying. Suki wrapped her arms around me and let me rest my body onto hers.

"Guards, I have orders from the Warden that this prisoner needs to be taken out of her cell and brought to the gondola."

"What? Why?" Reign asked.

"I don't know. I'm just following orders."

"Unless I know where she's being taken, I will not remove her."

"I have permission to do so with force. If you won't, then I will."

The guard took a step toward me, but Hiko stopped him. "No need for force. Reign and I have this."

When the guard left, Reign and Hiko walked over to me. Hiko picked me up and carried me. Reign thanked Suki then ordered her back to the courtyard.

"N-no." I shook my head. "I need to know more. What else did he say to you!?"

Suki shook her head. "That was it. There was nothing else Sokka said."

"We have to go before the Warden gets suspicious." Reign said to Hiko.

"I hope to see you again, Ruka." Suki whispered before walking out of the cell.

Once we were at the gondola, Hiko placed me down. I grabbed his arm, not wanting him to let me go. "Where am I going?"

"I don't know." He responded. "We'll find out right now."

Everything was in slow motion when the doors of the gondola opened and out walked Azula. I couldn't hear anything but my own heart beating.

As Azula came closer to me, I stood there frozen. My grip on Hiko's arm was no longer there. The sound of her heels making me shiver.

Once she was close enough, she examined me. She picked up a strand of my hair then let it fall back down.

"It looks like you've suffered enough." Azula smirked. Her voice echoed in my head. "It's time to bring you home."

I choked as I felt a sharp pinch. I slowly lifted my arm and saw a needle stuck in it. I took one last look at Azula before falling to the ground.

While closing my eyes, I could see Sokka laughing, making me do the same.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 219 8
❪ DAUGHTER OF WAR ❫ ──── ❝You must not fear. Fear is a mind killer.❞ Her heart burns with a fierce desire for the banished prince to kneel before her...
513K 12.2K 60
Katzumi the Third born to Fire Lord Ozai, she had a peaceful soul along with her brother Zuko before Ozai badly burned him and banished Zuko. Katzumi...
1M 30.4K 50
(Y/n) has had a hard life. Her mother was killed, father went to war, and had to protect her twin brother and little sister Sokka and Katara for as l...
55.7K 1.6K 18
In the wake of Azula, the GAang has to recover with two injured members. Nothing is easy with an injured Avatar, scared of his own fate. Aang has his...