Dumbfounded (MiChaeng)

By Jinsango

Mina and Chaeyoung. Like oil and water, the both of them never really noticed each other's presence. One day... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Author's Note
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Author's Note pt.2
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Hiya~
Chapter Thirty

Chapter Eighteen

4.5K 165 137
By Jinsango

018: The Original Chaeyoung

3rd Person's POV 

It's been two weeks.

That's right.

Two weeks has passed. Tzuyu, Dahyun and Chaeyoung didn't went to school for 2 weeks and it's driving the other members crazy already.

After TWICE's trip to Jeju Island, they went home in a jiffy since Nayeon spilled the beans.

She told them about Chaeyoung's mental illness since she got no other choice especially after getting threatened by one of  Mina's death glares.

They tried going to Chaeyoung's house but the guards just won't let them in. They also tried contacting Tzuyu and Dahyun but they never answered any of their calls or text. The Bunny Nayeon hasn't said anything to them ever since she told them everything. In fact, she has been avoiding the other members for a while now.

"So.. we won't be able to perform Daring Women huh?" Jihyo who kept on sighing for 10 times already, sighed again. She went silent as soon as she got no response. Every single one of them weren't talking. 

Other students in the cafeteria find it weird as well. Normally, their so-called School Idols' table would be filled with laughters out of nowhere. They've been like this for 2 weeks. Fans all over the country were somehow alarmed by their odd behavior.

 Mina definitely couldn't handle much more of this. She wants to see Chaeyoung. As soon as possible before she goes out of her mind. 

She abruptly stood up and was about to walk away when Momo suddenly stopped her. "Where are you going? At Chaeyoung's place again?" 

"Yes. Is there anything wrong with that?" she raised her eyebrows and violently pulled her wrist away that was tightly gripped by Momo. These days, she gets irritated so much and there is only one sole reason. Son Chaeyoung. "You know I can't just sit here and wait." 

Jeongyeon stood up and placed her hand on Mina's shoulder. She needs to calm the Penguin down before she explodes. "Mina-yah... Let's just wait, okay? That's the only thing we can do right now. What could you possibly do if you're standing in front of Chaeyoung's house? Those guards won't oblige to your orders to see her."

"Jeongyeon's right. We've been visiting her place a lot these past few days but they still won't let us see her." Sana, who is completely pale and silent finally talked. "Nothing will change even if you go right now." 

Again, silence engulfed their whole table as they went back to their seats.  

"I just want to see her..." Mina thought. 

Jihyo's POV 

I should do something about this.

I am the leader, that's why I should act now before everything goes out of place.

I've been suspecting Chaeyoung before. I kinda knew that she was sick but still, I didn't tell anyone. I just can't tell them. 

You're asking how I came to suspect her? 

Well, right after our rehearsal in Daring Women, Chaeyoung went to the comfort room first and then the others went directly to the waiting room. 

I was worried about Chaeyoung's state that time since she didn't look too good. It's like she's on the verge of being unconscious the moment I take my eyes off of her so I decided to secretly follow her to the restroom...

[ F L A S H B A C K ]

Chaeyoung looks pale after the rehearsals. I've been observing her for quite a while right now and my observations tells me to observe her a lot more. A LOT MORE.

We were one our way back to the Waiting Room right now since the other members are also there. We stopped right on our tracks when Chaeyoung suddenly spoke up, "Unni-deul! You go ahead. I'll just stop by in the restroom for a bit." 

"Okaaay~" — Nayeon

"Don't stall around okay?" — Tzuyu

Chaeyoung nodded and smiled before completely disappearing in our sights. I somehow feel like something bad's gonna happen or maybe I'm just overthinking it? The way she sweats and breathe heavily concerns me. There's definitely something wrong going on here.

We were almost in front of the Waiting Room when I suddenly walked backwards and said, "I gotta go to the restroom too. Catch you up guys later!" then I completely ran off. 

I sense something horrible happening inside the restroom she's in. 

Finally, I reached my destination and hurriedly went inside the comfort room.

 There, I saw Chaeyoung.

 She was sitting on the ground, spacing out. 

"Chaeyoung! Gosh, what happened to you?!" I rushed to her side and was about to hold her to pull her up when she suddenly withdrew her arms. 

She's panicking and the look on her face somehow states that this is her first time seeing me. I'm seriously confused!

"Who are you?" she asked.

Huh? 

Wait... what?

"You.. don't know me?"  I took a step closer but she keeps hitting and pushing me away.

She shook her head simultaneously and was on the verge of crying already. "No! so stay away! Don't come near me! Go away!" she said as she continue to hit me.

Oh god.

What is happening to her?

Suddenly, she stopped.

I took a closer look on her.

 She was spacing out just like how I first saw her sitting on the ground earlier.

Her pupils dilated and her  eyes became watery or glassy. Is she gonna cry?

Fortunately enough, she didn't.

It seems like she came in to her sense when I saw her look at every nook and cranny of the restroom's interior. Her gaze suddenly shifted to me. "Unnie? What are you doing here? Did you come here to fetch me?" 

She's... back to normal now.

"Ye—Yeah. I came here to fetch you." I lied. 

I heard her chuckled softly and saw her smile but that smile of hers disappeared right away. "Why are we both sitting on the ground though?"

Dang it.

I need an excuse.

Think Jihyo! Think!

"You slipped earlier so I immediately rushed to your side. That explains why we're both sitting on the ground right now." I subconsciously crossed my fingers behind my back. I seriously hate lying.

"Oh I see. Thanks for coming to my aid, Unnie! Let's go back now, shall we?"

"Yes... let's go." 

I am sorry for lying Chaeyoung...

But what was that earlier?

I have to find out. 

[ E N D  O F   F L A S H B A C K ]

So that means, the Chaeyoung that kept on pushing me away before, is the original one. The real Chaeyoung. So I've met her already?

I shook my head and dialed an unknown number in my phone. I hired some people to find at least one of Dahyun and Tzuyu's whereabouts. I know it's like I'm disrespecting their privacy and stuff but seriously, I can't just sit and idle here. I need to act. "How's it? Have you found one of them?" 

"Yes. We didn't find Chou Tzuyu but we found Kim Dahyun." 

I smiled. Finally. This chaos will soon end. 

"Bring her here. At the Student Council Room." 

"Yes Ma'am."

Please, Dahyun. We need you.

Mina's POV

All of us are now gathered here inside the Student Council room. Excluding Im Nayeon though.

I don't know why and what reason it is we're gathered in here but I bet it's something important since Jihyo was staring out of nowhere on her seat as if she's thinking something deeply. 

The silence inside the whole room was so deafening. No one ever dared to talk. 

But the silence was soon destroyed when we heard multiple knocks on the door. Jihyo stood up and crossed her arms, saying, "Come in." Her voice was full of authority and..power. As expected from a great leader.

As soon as the door opened, two men in black went in with... Dahyun?!

We were too speechless to talk. 

Kim Dahyun, one of Chaeyoung's close friends, one of the people we've been looking for, is now right here in front of our eyes.

Momo immediately rushed to Dahyun and hugged her tightly. "Pabo! Where have you been?" her voice started to crack. 

Dahyun, who was emotionless at first, started to cry now. She returned Momo's hug and cried on her shoulder. "Unnie... what are we gonna do? We don't know what to do anymore." 

What...?

"Kim Dahyun." I called her. Tension started to build up in the room as soon as I called her name. She looked at me but averted her gaze right after. I took a step closer and grabbed both of her shoulders. "Where is she?" 

"We.. we don't know."

I felt a pang in my chest. I knitted my eyebrows and asked, "What do you mean you don't know?"

"Chae—Chaeyoung escaped from her house. I was finding her earlier but those two men in black captured me and brought me here." Whilst explaining, tears started to roll down on her face. "Unnie-deul, help us please. We need to find her..."

I wasn't able to react. My feet suddenly acted on its own and now I already realize that I ran outside. I heard them screaming my name but I can't seem to go back. I want to find Chaeyoung. I want to see her. I want her. 

I almost stumbled while running down the stairs but I didn't seem to care. There's only one thing in my mind right now. I need to find Chaeyoung.

---------------------------------------

I searched everywhere. Even the places we've used to hang out with the other members. I searched every single one of them but still, there's no sight of Chaeyoung. 

'Where are you..?'

Droplets of rain started to touch my skin. After a few minutes or so, the rain poured heavily of a sudden but I still didn't care. Looking for Chaeyoung is my top priority for now.

'Please.. show up already!' 

I found myself standing in front of a park. It was raining heavily so there're no people here. 

Somehow, this park resembles the place where Chaeyoung and I made up in Jeju Island. The place where we fixed our little misunderstanding.

Looking lost, I staggered to my feet, swaying a little. I sat down on one of the benches and stared out of nowhere. 

The first time I met Chaeyoung.. she sure is a happy kid. To me, it looks like she's a happy-go-lucky type of a girl but she's more matured than I thought she'd be. In fact, she seems to be more matured than Jeongyeon, Momo and Sana.

But I still couldn't forget that moment where she held my hand as we ran away from the boys who were chasing her. Everything started to slow down. I saw her smiling face as she looked back and as she tucked the strands of hair covering her face behind her ears as we ran. Her beautiful hair fluttered in the wind. 

She looked so happy.

And I was too.

At first, I thought she was just like the other kids here in our school. Normally, those kids would gather around me and act like they're friends with me. I just kept on smiling and shrugging it off., knowing that they want to be with me because of fame.

Chaeyoung was... different.

She didn't knew me the moment we met.

And I was glad because she didn't knew me as the famous Elegant Ballerina or whatever it is that they call me.

But.. what was it that made me attached to her I wonder?

I don't really know.

Son Chaeyoung made me feel dumbfounded for the first time.

She made... me love someone.

And that someone is her.

"Chaeyoung-ah... where are you?"   I closed my eyes, clenched my fists and pursed my lips. I was fighting the urge to cry but... my tears betrayed me. Tears eventually started to flow out of my orbs. "I miss you so much."

Suddenly, I can't feel the rain hitting my skin anymore.

Is it not raining anymore?

Wait no—

There's an umbrella covering me. 

"You were calling for me?" 

I immediately froze when I heard whose voice it was. My whole body was trembling, probably because of being exposed to the rain for hours and it's probably because I couldn't believe that I  finally heard her voice again.

Slowly, I looked behind me.

"Cha—Chaeyoung? Is.. that really you?" I stood up, and faced her. "Pabo-yah! Where have you been?! Don't you know how worried I was?" 

She didn't respond, thus she just looked at me. With cold, dead and emotionless eyes. 

Why is she like this?

"Hey why aren't you talking? Are you okay? Are you hu—"

"I'm sorry but who are you?" 

Eh?

.

.

.

Just like that, the Chaeyoung I once knew, The Chaeyoung I've been looking for, is gone.

-----------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

547 35 5
Y/n L/n and Sana Minatozaki, two distinguished persons on their respective fields. While their jobs don't relate to each other, their past does. What...
124K 5.7K 40
Is it possible to find yourself in someone you never knew existed? Two strangers and a faithful encounter.
27K 809 15
A cold boy named Chou Tzuyu from Taiwan along with his friends, Son Chaeyoung and Yoo Jeongyeon are in JYP university. There's three girls which are...
76.4K 2.7K 199
just a random thought about satzu...