Beauty & the Beast ✓

By ghost-writer13

"Who are you?" I asked the figure of which was crouched in the shadows of the tall trees looming above. The f... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Epilogue

Chapter 1

11.9K 232 37
By ghost-writer13

The tea shop had a cozy feel to the atmosphere. I had always felt safe there and I hardly ever felt safe anywhere.

"Next!" The lady behind the counter called.

Finally! My turn. I eagerly went up to the counter.

"Red Velvet Tea please." I said with wide eyes, anxiously awaiting my drink.

The lady smiled sweetly and nodded turning to go get my tea.

I sighed, relieved that I would be getting my morning tea.

The lady returned a minute or so later with my tea. I handed her a five dollar bill and left the shop.

I happily hopped into my car and started up the engine. On instinct, I turned on the radio.

"Ooooh I'll be there,
Yeah I'm gonna
I'm gonna come through."

I grinned. I was glad that Ari knew the song and could sing along.

"Oh I swear
Got enough love for two.
Got enough love for twooooooooooooo.
I'll be there for you."

I pulled up to a red light and stopped singing. I always felt self conscious at stop lights because people could get a good look at me and my awkwardness.

I mean, I know I'm pretty but I would never admit it aloud.

I'm just too modest to admit anything good about myself to another person. My Dad used to tease me about it but I always felt terrible if I said something good about myself, almost like I'm boasting a win or bragging about my appearance or talents.

Truth is, I'm a pretty good singer and I love to read, I'm an absolute bookworm.

I was brought back to reality by the red light changing to green.

I slammed on the gas and the car lurched forward.

I had a long drive today, I was going to the cemetery in southern Virginia to see my family's graves.

Yes, my entire family. I was the sole survivor of a horrible car accident that killed my parents and siblings.

I moved away from Jenkins Glen because everyone looked at me like I was their charity case and I hated the pity the seemed to drag behind me wherever I went.

I resolved that by moving to North Carolina. I lived in Holly Springs. Lovely area.

I had chosen to go to Duke University and finish my degree which I had started at the local college in Jenkins Glen.

I currently lived alone in my apartment with my cat, Minnie.

I let my thoughts drift as I began the long drive through the wooded countryside to my family's grave sites.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

719K 19.3K 23
I was about to grab the can but I felt something watching me. I felt so uncomfortable. I wanted to hide behind my hair and that's exactly what I did...
1.7K 193 64
If you think you have won the war then think again, and again, again until you realize who has won the battle. With Love, Lady Rebecca
168K 3.8K 26
This Story is going to be about a girl who parents give up on her so she had to move with her Grandparents. This story is also about the Main Charact...
8K 138 8
病弱钓系O总想让我标记她 Author:瓦力脆 https://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=7178211 https://www.xbanxia.com/books/279543.html The original owner came from an o...