The Rebel Wizard {Harry Potte...

By Snowkat2003

"I've been reckless, but I'm not a rebel without a cause." ~ Angelina Jolie. Misfit. Menace. Troublema... More

Prologue
{1} The Sorting Ceremony
{2} Harry's Quidditch Debut
{3} Our Near Death Experience
{4} "Gryffindor Wins!"
{5} I Won't Be Home For Christmas
{6} Norbert, the Dragon
{7} Voldemort's in the Forest?
{8} Wizard's Chess
{9} End of the Year
Sequel Details!

Epilogue

395 15 2
By Snowkat2003

***

(Kira's mother is played by Emma Stone)

I had been home for awhile and my Mom wasn't even here yet. Of course, she was still at work. I couldn't be sad over this right now. I should be happy... but I'm not. I missed Hogwarts so much which is weird. I never thought that I would miss school so much. Something about Hogwarts makes it feel like a second home to me. I smiled at just the thought of it. I sat on the couch in the living room with Zera curled up beside of me.

I jumped slightly when I heard the sound of the door opening. It was Mom, she must've just gotten back from work. I tried to avoid looking at her as she walked inside. She noticed me sitting on the couch and said, "Hey! How was Hogwarts? Who won the house cup?"

I finally turned to her, "How do you know so much about Hogwarts?" She set all of her stuff down and sat beside of me on the couch.

She looked over at me and sighed, "I know a lot about it because I used to go there," She pulled a wand out of her boot, "I'm a witch."

I turned to her, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I wanted to wait until I told you about it. It's what she wanted." Her eyes wandered to the necklace that she had gotten me for Christmas.

I stared at her in confusion, "Who?" She got up and I stared at her as she walked out of the room. I waited for a minute or two before she finally came back with what looked like a photo album. She sat back down beside of me and opened the photo album.

Mom looked around at all the picture before she finally pointed at one, "Her." It was the same girl that I saw in the mirror. The one that looked like Mom. Her and a younger version of my Mom were hugging each other as they faced the camera and they both had on Hogwarts robes. (She is played by Karen Gillan. I know that Karen Gillan plays younger Lily, but she doesn't in my story. Thank you.)

I looked back at my mom, "Who is she? Why do you guys look alike? Are you guys twins? Why have I never seen her?"

Mom laughed, "Hold your horses. We weren't twins even though we looked very similar. People would always mistake us for twins the first time they met us. I knew her when my name was still Kimberly Hunter. So before I met my husband. He wasn't a wizard like you and I are. Her and I were so close and we told each other everything. Like with you and Hermione."

I asked the question that's been on my mind for awhile, "Mom, who is she?"

She closed her eyes and sighed, "That is Ruby Scamander... and she's your actual Mom."

My eyes widened, "What do you mean? She can't be... She can't be my Mom... You're my Mom."

Mom shook her head, "No, I'm not. I wish you really were, though," She saw my look and continued, "You're mother was very brave and she didn't hesitate to help people," She smiled over to me, "Like you. In the end..," Her smiled dropped and you could see the sadness in her eyes, "In the end, that's what got her killed. There are evil wizards called Death Eaters and they were killing muggles. Your Mom went out to protect people. She ended up getting killed in the process," I could feel myself start to cry. Mom, or not my Mom, put her hands on my cheeks, "She really loved you, Kira. She did."

"Why tell me now?" My voice cracked and I cursed myself for being so emotional. I shouldn't have though. My reaction was expected and it was fine that I was acting this way. The woman in the picture was actually my Mom and she died. She died before I could even remember her. She died and I missed the amazing opportunity to have her as my mother.

"Because I didn't know how you would react. And I'm sorry for not telling you sooner. I really should've. You deserve to know who your mother is. You deserve the whole world, Kira Emmeline Taylor." Mom told me with a small smile. I couldn't stop the tears from falling down my face as I reached out and hugged my mother.

I let go of her, "You are the one who raised me and that is enough for you to be my Mom. You aren't there all of the time and that makes me very sad and frustrated... but I still love you. You are the one who made me into who I am and I can't imagine a world where you aren't my mother." The both of us were crying now as we hugged again.

"I'll try harder to be there. I really will. It's just that when Anthony left us both, I just couldn't handle the pain of him not being here." Mom explained. We released each other again.

I nodded, "I know. I get it. Just try to be here more," She nodded. It was silent and I tried to stop myself from crying, but I couldn't. "Um... Could you tell me more bout her?"

Mom smiled, "Yeah, of course. She was a lot like you actually, but you do have some of your father's traits. She was very brave so she obviously was a Gryffindor. She was always so sarcastic and she could make anyone laugh if she tried. Whenever she loved something, she loved it with her entire being and she would make sure that nothing could ever hurt it. That's part of the reason she went out to face those Death Eaters," Mom started to tear up again, "She didn't want to think about what would happen if they ever came after you, she couldn't handle letting them get away with hurting innocent people."

"She went out there for me?" My voice cracked again. "She got herself killed... for me? But why? Why would she do that for me?"

"Because you're her daughter. Why wouldn't she? She loved you so much and I remember she just loved to show you off to people," Mom laughed. "There was one time when she said to one of our friends, 'This is my daughter, Kira. She is going to be one of the best witches out there and there is nothing you can do to convince me otherwise.' You could tell she meant it too," Mom looked over at me, "And she was right. You are going to be one of the best witches out there." We spent that whole day looking at the photo album. This had to be one of the best days of my life.

***

The next morning when my Mom was about to leave for work, she walked into my room with a small smile on her face. I had told my friends already about what I had found out. It was going to take awhile for Ron and Harry's reaction, but I got Hermione's immediately. I had walked over to her house and told her. First, she had hugged me, asked if I was okay, and then asked more questions about my birth Mom. "I'm heading out. I have a surprise for you on the counter." Mom said to me. She gave me one more smile before leaving me alone in my room. What could she be talking about? I got up out of my bed and walked to the kitchen.

When I walked to the counter, I noticed an envelope laying there. It had my name written in beautiful cursive on the front and it drew my in. It wasn't my mom's handwriting, hers was different from this one. I picked it up and leaned against the counter as I opened it. Inside of it was a letter... from my birth Mom. So this was the surprise... She was right when she said it was a surprise. I certainly wasn't expecting it.

Dear Kira,

Hi, I'm your Mom if you didn't know. If you didn't know then that means someone has given this to you. If you do know and I am still there that means you looked through my stuff. If you did look through my stuff, I honestly expected you to seeing as who your parents are. I laugh at the thought of me finding you looking through my stuff because it's something that I would've done. Anyways, if you didn't know then that means that I am no longer there with you...

And I'm sorry. I'm truly sorry that I couldn't be there to watch you grow up. I'm sorry that I couldn't be like most witch moms and take you to get your first wand, or your robes. I'm sorry that  couldn't see you get on the Hogwarts Express to go to Hogwarts for the first time. When I had found out that I was pregnant with you, I was so excited to be able to do all of that stuff with you. You can ask Kimberly, I literally raved about it for hours on end.

I truly am sad thinking about you having to spend Christmas without me. Having to go through life without me. I wish that I could be with you now and know that you're okay. I wish to know that you're gonna be okay without me and that you will have an amazing life. I want to have the opportunity to be your Mother for longer, but since you're reading this letter, it means that I didn't get that luxury.

Right now, I am with you, you as a baby, and we are looking at the stars. The stars have always been one of your favorite things. Your eyes seem to light up at all of the beautiful stars in the sky. I've began calling you my little Star. You may be asking why? Well, it's because the stars are so beautiful and they hold all of these amazing wonders... just like you.

I want you to know that I will always love you. No matter what happens in your life, no matter if you do something wrong, I will always love you. I will love you until all of the stars have gone out in the sky. I am so proud of you and whatever you choose to do, my little Star. Nothing could make me less proud of you. My hopes for you is that you become the best person, and the best witch, you can ever be. I hope that you are healthy and live to see your children grow up into the most amazing people you have ever seen.

Now, I have to go. One last thing though, could you please tell Kim that I love her and that I'm sorry I couldn't stick around longer?

Sincerely,
Your Mother

I slid my way down to the floor with my back against the counter and the letter clutched against my chest. I love you too...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 195 29
Elyse Jane Elizabeth Colston was raised in her small but cozy house in Lexington, Kentucky with her adoptive No-Maj parents. Elyse is the type of chi...
43.4K 1.4K 12
"Following a horribly tragic event, American child (Y/N) (L/N) was found by the greatest wizard of the modern era, Albus Dumbledore. Taken to Britain...
296 1 18
Great descendant of Salazar Slytherin himself and heiress of the Slytherin house Zoe Peverell joins grade three at Hogwarts, as a very rich powerful...
19.8K 711 27
Two girls with completely different backgrounds somehow are able to confide in each other when they meet their first year at Hogwarts. Leah Potter i...