The Rebel Wizard {Harry Potte...

Bởi Snowkat2003

"I've been reckless, but I'm not a rebel without a cause." ~ Angelina Jolie. Misfit. Menace. Troublema... Xem Thêm

Prologue
{1} The Sorting Ceremony
{3} Our Near Death Experience
{4} "Gryffindor Wins!"
{5} I Won't Be Home For Christmas
{6} Norbert, the Dragon
{7} Voldemort's in the Forest?
{8} Wizard's Chess
{9} End of the Year
Epilogue
Sequel Details!

{2} Harry's Quidditch Debut

722 20 0
Bởi Snowkat2003

***

One of Ron's brothers, Percy, was leading us up a staircase. He was currently directing us to where we would be staying while we were here. Percy spoke to us, "Gryffindors, follow me please. Keep up. Thank you," A Ravenclaw prefect, I found out that's what they were called, called out to the Ravenclaws. The group broke away from us as we went to a different direction. We ended up in a place with a bunch of staircases and a lot of paintings hanging on the walls, "This is the most direct path to the dormitories. Oh, and keep an eye on the staircases...they like to change. Keep up, please, and follow me. Quickly now, come on. Come on." We continued following Percy up the stairs.

"That pictures moving," Ron exclaimed. I looked at the paintings and were surprised to see that they were indeed moving. I blinked in shock and Hermione laughed at my facial expression. He pointed to another one of the paintings, "Look at that one, Harry!"

"I think she fancies you." Harry told Ron.

"Look!" A girl called out.

Another girl asked, loudly, "Who's that girl?"

One of the people, a man, in the paintings said, "Welcome to Hogwarts."

"Who's that?" Another girl asked.

We continued walking until we reached another painting. We weren't on the staircase anymore and we were now in a hallway. The painting was of a fat woman in a big, poofy, pink dress. She was completely still and I thought that she wasn't like the other paintings. Until she asked, "Password?"

Percy said very clearly, "Caput Draconis," The woman nodded and suddenly the painting swung open, slowly. It revealed a doorway into a room. Percy walked in and we followed, "Follow me, everyone. Keep up, quickly, come on," We looked around to see the room colors were mostly red. There were chairs, tables, and a fireplace near the red couch. "Gather 'round here," Percy ordered. "Welcome to the Gryffindor Common Room. Boys' dormitories, upstairs and down to your left. Girls, the same on your right. You'll find that your belongings have already been brought up."

I turned to Hermione with a wide smile that made her laugh, "This place is like heaven." I told her.

She laughed and dragged me to where the girls dormitories were, "Come on." We got up to our dormitory and we were both happy to see that we would be in the same room. I looked around and let out a happy gasp. This brought Hermione's attention onto me. Laying on a bed was my beloved darling cat, Zera.

I ran over to the bed and hugged the kitten tightly, "Oh my God! I missed you so much! Yes, I did! I will never leave you again!"

Hermione stared at me with a 'really?' look, "You do know that you're going to have to leave her for classes tomorrow, right?" I shook my head and Zera meowed loudly.

I put her down and turned back to Hermione, "You're gonna have to kill me first... Or try to drag me out of bed and we both know how hard that is." After the both of us talked a little more quietly while the other girls slept, we decided that it was time for us to go to sleep too. And so we did.

***

I was running through the halls with Harry and Ron at the moment. Why you ask? Hermione had tried to wake me up this morning and apparently it didn't work. So she left me a note saying that she tried and she finally gave up after five minutes. She also said that I should try to wake up when I'm supposed too. I'm not a morning person... that's never gonna happen.

The three of us rush into Professor McGonagall's class to see that she wasn't even here. There was a cat sitting on her desk and everyone was working. You mean that I ran all the way here for nothing?! Hermione must've heard us come in because she turned to us and rolled her eyes.

Ron let out a breath of relief, "Amazing. Can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?"

I let out  deep breath, "I know, right." Suddenly, the cat jumped off the desk and turned into Professor McGonagall. I did a double take at that action. How did- what the- when did- Just... confusion.

Ron watched with wide eyes, "That was bloody brilliant."

Professor McGonagall turned to Ron, "Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Maybe if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter, Miss Taylor, and yourself into a pocketwatch, maybe one of you would be on time."

"We got lost." Harry stated.

"Then perhaps a map?" The older woman suggested. "I trust you don't need one to find your seats." She then turned away and walked back up to the front of the class. Ron and Harry sat down at the nearest seats and I sat in the empty one beside of Hermione. Day one of a new school and I'm already screwing up. As long as they don't contact my mom then I'm still in the safe zone.

***

We were in our next class which was potions. The room was dark and had a doom and gloom vibe to it. We were all talking amongst ourselves and minding our own business. Suddenly, the door slammed open making me jump at the suddenness. I turned to see Professor Snape walk in. Professor Snape wore all black robes and a black, greasy hair.

He was walking up to the front of the class, "There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class," He stopped when he got to his desk and turned to us, "As such, I don't expect many of you to enjoy the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few," Snape sent a look over to Draco who smiled. I rolled my eyes, already playing favorites. "Who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death," Professor Snape's attention was on the person sitting beside of me which was, you guessed it, Harry Potter. He was taking notes and didn't seem to notice the stare he was getting. "Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confidant enough to not...pay...attention."

I nudge Harry and he looked up at Professor Snape who then said, "Mr. Potter. Our...new...celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Hermione's hand shot up, but he only ignored her. He continued to stare at Harry who shrugged, "You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?" Hermione's hand shot up again.

Harry shook his head, "I don't know, Sir."

"And what is the difference between Monkshood and Wolfbane?" Professor Snape asked. This was starting to make me more and more mad. He was targeting Harry deliberately when he hasn't even done anything. I glared at him and if looks could kill then he would certainly be dead.

Harry glanced over at Hermione then looked back to Professor Snape, "I don't know, Sir."

Snape kept a neutral expression, "Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything, is it, Mr. Potter?"

***

All of the houses were sitting at their own tables and were working on their school work. Seamus was trying to turn his water into rum for the fifth time now. "Eye of rabbit, harp string hum. Turn this water, into rum," Seamus looked into his cup and shook his head. He tried again, "Eye of rabbit, harp string hum..."

Harry turned to Ron, "What's Seamus trying to do to that glass of water?"

"Turn it into rum. Actually managed a weak tea yesterday, before-" Ron was cut off by a lud explosion. Seamus' hair was now messed up and he had stuff on his face. His cup was smoking and he stared at his wand unmoving.

Everyone laughed at him as I shook my head and said, "Oh, Seamus. Not again."

We heard the cry of an owl and Ron looked up, "Mail's here!" A bunch of owls come flying in and dropping letters, and packages. Ron and Hermione caught their mail and Ron sat a newspaper down beside of them. I was very surprised when an owl dropped a letter down in front of me. I was even more surprised when I found out it was from my mother.

I kept tapping Hermione on the shoulder and finally she turned to me, "What?" She asked. I gestured to the letter and she had a surprised look on her face, "You're mom sent you a letter?"

Ron looked at us confusedly, "Why do you seem so surprised, Hermione?" Harry looked confused as well by our behavior.

"It's just... My mom's always working. She didn't even come to see me get on the train," I shook my head, "I guess I'm just surprised to see that she had the time to even write me one."

"Is your mom a witch?" Harry inquired.

I shook my head, "No. Although it would be interesting if she was." I started to think about what it would be like inside my head. I shrugged and focused back on reality.

Harry grabbed the newspaper, "Can I borrow this?" He asked Ron. Ron nodded in response, "Thanks."

Dean exclaimed, "Hey, look! Neville's got a Remembrall!" I looked over to see that Neville was holding a clear ball in his hand.

"What's a Remembrall?" I questioned, curiously.

Hermione gazed over at it, "I've read about those. When the smoke turns red," Red smoke started to fill the inside of the ball, "It means you've forgotten something."

Neville glanced over at Hermione, "The only problem is, I can't remember what I've forgotten."

Harry tapped Ron to get his attention, "Hey, Ron," I looked over as well to see what he was going to say, "Somebody broke into Gringotts. Listen, 'Believed to be the work of dark witches or wizards unknown, Gringotts goblins, while acknowledging the breach, insist that nothing was taken. The vault in question, number 713, had in fact been emptied earlier that same day,'" Harry red aloud. Harry turned to Ron, "That's odd. That's the vault Hagrid and I went to." The four of us gave each other curious looks.

***

Outside, the sun was shining and it was a beautiful day... I don't like it. I don't like the sun in general. There is a reason that I am so pale. I do not tan like most people who are out in the sun for awhile. No... I burn. It's not the good type of burn either. I also don't like to be too hot because then I'll start to sweat. Anyways, we were all standing in two different rows with brooms in front of us. Madam Hooch came down the line and said to us, "Good afternoon, class."

"Good afternoon, Madam Hooch." The whole class said back.

"Good afternoon, Amanda, good afternoon," Madam Hooch turned to us when she got to the end of the line, "Welcome to your first flying lesson-"

"Wait, we're gonna fly?" I asked, shakily. I hated heights... Nobody answered my question and continued to listen to the teacher.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now, hurry up." Everyone did as she said.

I was still terrified though, "Did anyone not hear what she said?"

Hermione placed her hand on my shoulder, "Get over it, Kira." I sighed, shakily, and did as Madam Hooch said.

"Stick your right hand over the broom and say, Up!" She ordered.

"Up!" The class started calling out.

Harry's broom immediately flied into his hand, "Whoa." Hermione and I stared at him in shock.

Slowly, I said it again, "Up!" After trying two of three more times, it finally flew into my hand.

"Up!" Draco's broomstick was now in his hand and he smirk, smugly.

"With feeling!" Madam Hooch called out. Some of the other students had theirs in their hands, but some were still having trouble.

Hermione was starting to get frustrated, "Up. Up. Up. Up."

"Up," Ron said, loudly. His broomstick came up and smacked him in the face. He held his nose in pain, "Ow," Harry and I laughed at him, "Shut up, Harry, Kira."

Madam Hooch took a few steps forward, "Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it," Everyone did so, but I was a little hesitant. I ended up doing it anyway and Madam Hooch continued, "And grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end. When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment, and then lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle...3...2." The whistle went off and before anyone could do anything, Neville was starting to float up.

"Oh..." He said, frightfully.

"Mr. Longbottom." Madam Hooch said, sternly.

Madam Hooch stuttered, "M-M-Mr. Longbottom Mr. Longbottom," She called out to Neville as he started to fly up higher, "Mr. Longbottom!"

"Down! Down!" Neville yelled as he flew away from us.

"Neville!" Harry called out to him.

"Help!" Neville pleaded as he started to get farther away from us.

"Come back down this instant!" Madam Hooch demanded. Neville was screaming and was being flung around on his broom. He ended up hitting one of the castle walls and then bouncing off.

"Help!" Neville screamed as he started heading straight for us.

Madam Hooch raised her wand to stop him, "Mr. Longbo-" She cut herself off as all of us dived out of the way. Neville ended up flying right into a statue of a man with a spear. He got caught by the spear holding onto his robe.

"Oh. Ah...help!" Neville wavered as his robe started to rip. He then fell and got caught on a torch. He slid out of his robe and fell the the ground in front of us.

"Everyone out of the way," Madam Hooch ran towards us and the crowd parted to let her through. She ran over to Neville, "Come on, get up."

"Is he alright?" A girl inquired.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow." Neville moaned in pain.

Madam Hooch studied his injury, "Oh, oh, oh, oh dear. It's a broken wrist. Tch, tch, tch. Good boy, come on now, up you get. Everyone's to keep their feet firmly on the ground while I take Mr. Longbottom to the hospital wing. Understand? If I see a single broom in the air, the one riding it will find themselves out of Hogwarts before they can say, Quidditch." The two of them stood up and made their way to the hospital wing.

Malfoy snickered as he showed off Neville's Remembrall, "Did you see his face? Maybe if the fat lump had given this a squeeze, he'd have remembered to fall on his fat ass." Some of the kids started to laugh.

Harry stepped up, "Give it here, Malfoy."

Malfoy turned to Harry, "No. I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find," He hopped on his broom and started flying away. He stopped when he got to a certain point, "How 'bout up on the roof? What's the matter, Potter? Bit beyond your reach?"

Harry started to get on his broom, but I stopped him, "Harry, wait... Are you sure about this?" He nodded and I sighed.

He about took off again before Hermione stopped him this time, "Harry, no way! You heard what Madam Hooch said! Besides, you don't even know how to fly," Harry ignored her and flew up to Malfoy, "What an idiot."

"Give it here, Malfoy, or I'll knock you off your broom!" Harry yelled.

Malfoy was tossing the ball in his hand, "Is that so?" Harry made a move to grab it, but Malfoy did a turn making Harry fly past him.

I leaned closer to Hermione, "I bet you money that Harry is going to get it back." Hermione gave me a look, sighed, and continued watching the scene in front of us. I shrugged and went back to watching as well.

"Have it your way, then!" Malfoy threw the Remembrall through the air. Harry zoomed after it and out of our sight. We waited for a minute or two before Harry came back with the Remembrall. Everyone was cheering for him.

"Nice going, Harry!" A boy said to him.

"That was wicked, Harry!" Another boy said.

"Harry Potter?" We heard a voice say. We turned to see Professor McGonagall walking towards us. "Follow me." Harry sullenly followed after her and Malfoy and his minions laughed. I shook my head and glared at them, harshly.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

189 11 11
"Thank you." Hermione responded. "Your hair smells of a floral bouquet." Draco was taking a deep breath of her hair with his eyes closed. She didn't...
766K 28K 115
"Who was she?" "She was the most incredible girl I ever knew." "Did you love her?" "Of course I did, but that's not the best part of the story." "Wha...
301 1 18
Great descendant of Salazar Slytherin himself and heiress of the Slytherin house Zoe Peverell joins grade three at Hogwarts, as a very rich powerful...
59K 1.5K 21
~𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 2~ Another year at Hogwarts. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑷𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒔 are just hoping for a regular year at Hogwarts for their 2nd year. But what hap...