The Perfect Mistake COMPLETE

By pab0panda

Four strangers. Two Weddings. A fated switch. A millionaire's son isn't supposed to marry a gang leader. A g... More

Description
You may kiss the groom
Did you see it coming?
Well and Alive
Knowledge
I'm by your side
Maybe it's love
Just a little longer
One step
Not Today
Good Human
Happiness
You
#13a
Unique
#15 Home is...
#16 My Name
#17 Family (Part I)
#17 Family (Part II)
#17 Family (Part III)
#18 Our Secrets
#19 Counting Seconds
#Notes
#20 The bad boy he chooses to love
#21 Before the storm
#22 Love you to death
#23 Crash
#24 Brothers
#25 In the dark
Ouch
#26 Countdown
#27 12 O'Clock
#28 Calm After The Storm
#29 12:01
# 30 By Your Side
# 31 Three words. Eight letters.
#32 Too tired to name this chapter
Your Silence
My Promise
Blank
Treat him right or set him free
Abyss
When Spring Comes ?
♡ Till death do us part
♡ Mosaic
Epilog

Notes

2K 109 87
By pab0panda

Jonghyun noticed the increasing pressure in his lungs as he held his breath. Trying not to move wasn't easy when he could feel Key's lips on his own. He knew it was Key's farewell... their last kiss.

"Goodbye, Jonghyun," whispered Key.

As the door slammed behind Key, Jonghyun gasped for air like a drowned man whose head was just above the water. Every muscle in his body signaled him to catch up with Key and hold on to the younger with all his might. Yet he had never been that type of man who listened to his heart. It has always been his rationality that ruled over him. He had promised not to hinder Key from leaving if it was Key's wish. He had to keep his word.

For fear of one single move might lead him to run after Key, Jonghyun froze. Just then he literally jumped up as someone rang the bell. The more motionless his body was before, the faster he sprinted to the front door now, hoping for the person on the other side to be Key who had returned.

Doubtlessly Jonghyun's disappointment was huge when he found his father behind the door.

"I have to discuss something with you before going to the office."

"Good morning to you too, father." Jonghyun greeted and stepped aside.

Mr. Kim looked around as he entered the living room.

"Is Taemin still sleeping?"

"He is ... going out," replied Jonghyun.

"It is convenient. I have a confidential job for you."

Mr. Kim handed his son a sealed packet and continued.

"Please test these two DNA samples for relationship."

"What is it for? You have your own staff for such investigations."

"It's a delicate issue. It's about the Black Lotus. I just need someone I can trust unquestionably." Jonghyun understood the situation. When it comes to the three criminal organizations of the underworld, his father can behave very paranoidly.

"Black Lotus? Since when do you get involved in an investigation of the South? "

"The bastards do not just operate only in the South anymore. They have a deal with the White Snake. Apparently, these bastards work together."

"And whose DNAs are this? How did you get them? "

"Just examine them as soon as possible, please. You are the only one I can assign to this task. And act discreetly."

This answer did not satisfy Jonghyun, but he knew his father very well. Each tries to elicit something from him would be in vain.

"Fine, but it might take a while if no one should get wind of it."

"Do whatever is necessary and call me as soon as you get the result."

"Ok, I'll go to the lab right away." Jonghyun was happy about the extra task. Work is exactly what he needed now to take his mind off Key.

"Say hello to Taemin for me. What's he doing outside so early? " Mr. Kim stood up, ready to leave.

For a moment, Jonghyun. hesitated. Just then he realized that a lie has no legs.

"He's gone," admitted Jonghyun.

"Where did he go?"

"He left ..." Before Jonghyun could finish his sentence, the doorbell rang once again in this hectic morning.

Jonghyun opened the front door and couldn't believe his eyes. There Key stood, within one's reach.

"Ah, sorry. I wanted to go for a walk and forgot my keys." The younger explained with a shy smile. Confused but overjoyed, Jonghyun pulled Key in his arms. Only when he felt Key's warmth, he knew it wasn't a dream.

"Jonghyun, your dad is here," Key refer to Mr. Kim.

"Nice to see you, Taemin. You started your day very early." Mr. Kim greeted.

"Good morning, Mr. Kim. I couldn't sleep anymore. It must be jet lag. I wanted to go for a walk." Key replied.

"I see. Please let yourself be accompanied by bodyguards next time. It's dangerous for people in our positions to go out alone. I could not forgive myself if anything happened to you. Do you understand?"

"Yes, I'll pay attention next time." To be honest, Key felt uncomfortable. The minister's words were friendly and caring. But his voice and the way he talked let his words sounded like a military command instead of a plea. His appearance on his own compressed the air in the room, giving Key that tense feeling as if he had broken something. Key's instincts warned him about saying something impetuous. Therefore, he was greatly relieved when Mr. Kim finally left for work.

As soon as his "father-in-law" was gone, Key dropped his body onto the sofa and closed his eyes. Until now he was unaware about his sitting position during the whole conversation with Mr. Kim. His back was straightened. His legs formed a perfect square angle. He sat like a grade schooler on his first day.

"Ah, not sure why but somehow your dad is exhausting, don't you think?"

The absence of Jonghyun's reply caused Key to open his eyes, just to find the older right in front of him. Jonghyun leaned forward and placed a kiss on Key's lips. A kiss that could perfectly define the word "passion". Jonghyun knew he hadn't misinterpreted the situation as Key left. But he decided not to talk about it. To him, the only thing that mattered was the fact that Key changed his mind and came back to him. He couldn't explain how Key managed to make him fall for the younger in such a short time. But he understood that the warm feeling he felt in Key's presence is love.

It didn't require Key efforts to notice Jonghyun's atypical behavior. Did Jonghyun find out the true reason for his disappearance? In retrospect, it might have been reckless to make the decision to stay in such a hurry.

It all started when Key noticed he forgot his bracelet in the bathroom. It was just an old wristband that wasn't expensive at all. It was simply a handmade trinket that a little boy created for his beloved mother. Since his mom went missing, Key had never stopped believing that one day he'd see her again. Key hadn't said it out loud but deep inside this bracelet symbolized his hope. Therefore, it wasn't an option to leave behind the last gift he made for his mother. And so, he returned.

As Key saw a car in front of the house, he took the back door. The plan was to take advantage of Jonghyun being distracted by his father and to use the balcony of the bedroom to get into the bathroom. However, Key couldn't overhear the conversation between the others. Knowing Jonghyun's father investigated his father, Key had to make a decision. To run away and somehow explain the situation to his father? Or to stay here and protect his father's business, his only inheritance, and thus to prove his quality as a leader? The decision had to be made in seconds. And it had to be made regardless of his feelings. But Key knew immediately she would be lying, saying that Jonghyun hadn't influenced his decision in any way.

In the meantime, Mr. Kim arrived at his office.

"Are you really sure to have Jonghyun examine the samples? One of them, after all, is from his spouse?" His secretary asked.

"Jonghyun has always been a stubborn child. He and his scientist being wouldn't believe anything they didn't see by their own eyes." Mr. Kim explained.

"But what will you do if the test is negative?"

This question had been causing Mr. Kim headaches for days. The second DNA sample belonged to the wife of his best friend, the billionaire Lee Kunhee.

What would he do if the DNAs proved that the man who had been married to his son for several weeks was not Mrs. Lee's child? Ever since his first meeting with Key, Mr. Kim has suspected that Key wasn't the real Lee Taemin. Even though Mr. Kim hoped his paranoia was playing on him, he has always been the type of person who listened to his instincts. And they were shouting loudly that something was off about the alleged Lee Taemin.

What would he do?

In the next chapter:

Jonghyun will inform Mr. Kim about the result of the DNA test. Will he know whose the samples he just examined?
At the same time, Jonghyun and Key get a surprise visit from Taemin's mother. Will Jonghyun finally learn the truth?

[AN] I'm very sorry for not updating for decades. I hope you all are doing well.
After what happened to Jonghyun, it wasn't possible for me to continue this story. But now I think this way he could stay with us.
So I hope some of you haven't given up on this story. And I'll buckle down to work. (And of course, I'd be very happy to get some responses from you to this chapter.) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.3K 1.1K 18
19 year old beomgyu gets forced to marry a cold heartless millionaire ceo of a company just for the sake of his parents bankrupting company. He has a...
28.2K 1.5K 41
"These are signs we shouldn't be together." Minho is notorious for avoiding any commitment, so what happens when he comes up with false allegations...
2.7K 171 13
Seokmin and Joshua move to Los Angeles so Joshua can inherit his father's company but the new environment makes Seokmin frequently clueless and lost...
12.8K 944 91
"You don't love me..." YET My name is Choi Soobin and this is the story of how I was the end of the one I loved the most. A fictional universe where...