Worlds Colliding (Once Upon A...

By heartofice97

The town of Storybrooke was made by the Evil Queen (Regina Mills) from a curse that cursed the fairytale char... More

Characters & outfit links
Lisa's Items
chapter 1 - Pilot
chapter 2 - The Thing You Love Most
chapter 3 - Snow Falls
chapter 4 - Price of Gold
chapter 5 - That Still Small Voice
chapter 6 - The Shepherd
chapter 7 - The Heart is a Lonely Hunter
chapter 8 - Desperate Souls
chapter 9 - True North
chapter 10 - 7:15 AM
chapter 11 - Fruit of the Poisonous Tree
chapter 12 - Skin Deep
chapter 13 - What Happened to Frederick
chapter 15 - Red-Handed
chapter 16 - Heart of Darkness
chapter 17 - Hat Trick
chapter 18 - The Stable Boy
chapter 19 - The Return
chapter 20 - The Stranger
chapter 21 - An Apple Red As Blood
chapter 22 - A Land Without Magic

chapter 14 - Dreamy

381 19 9
By heartofice97

Outfits Link:

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/90564

ღ Worlds Colliding (Once Upon a Time) ღ

Flashback

Enchanted Forest

Day - Sky

A pink fairy named Nova was flying with a bag of Fairy Dust as the Blue Fairy looked on. Nova came crashing down into the clouds.

"Easy," Blue Fairy chided.

"Sorry," Nova apologized.

"Careful, careful," Blue Fairy told her. "Fairy dust is the most precious substance in all the land." Nova went to put the fairy dust down, and the Blue Fairy reached toward her nervously. "Its magic is what powers the world. This is the year's supply. We must be cautious."

Nova nodded in understanding. "I know."

"Because next year, you'll be doing this alone," Blue Fairy explained.

"I'll still be picking up dust?" Nova asked. "I thought I'd be a Fairy godmother by then."

Blue Fairy laughed. "Oh, Nova, you really are a dreamer. Your journey is just beginning. Can you make it home from the mines with all the dust safe?" Nova nodded. "Okay."

Blue Fairy flew away. Nova grabbed the fairy dust, flying after Blue Fairy. As she did, some of the fairy dust spilled out of the bag, spiraling down into a hole in the ground.

Mine Nursery

The mined was filled with eggs. The fairy dust fell onto a dwarf egg. The egg started moving.

Watchy noticed the egg moving. "This one's ready."

"No, it's too early, Watchy," Bossy told him. Watchy used a stethoscope on the egg. "This unit isn't scheduled to hatch till sundown."

"Well, someone's eager to get out before the rest of his brothers," Watchy told him.

The egg started making a cracking noise. Bossy and Watchy backed away. The dwarf that cracked the eggshell and peered out with a happy grin on his face was first named Dreamy, but we knew him today as Grumpy.

Bossy smiled. "Welcome to the world, dwarf."

Dreamy was still grinning.

Now

Storybrooke

Day One

Morning - Granny's Diner

Leroy (Dreamy/Grumpy) was having breakfast, cracking open an egg to eat. Walter (Sleepy) and Mr. Clark (Sneezy) walked in.

Clark sneezed. "Excuse me, Leroy, uh, do you mind scooting over a seat so Walter and I can sit together?"

"If I wanted to sit there, I would've sat there," Leroy replied. "If you want a seat, try dragging your sorry asses out of bed a little earlier."

"You're a real ray of sunshine as--" Clark started before he sneezed all over Leroy's food.

Leroy was even more annoyed. "Congrats. Just lost my appetite. Seat's all yours."

Leroy stood to leave.

Mary Margaret walked in, clearing her throat. "Excuse me." When everyone ignored her, she cleared her throat again, speaking louder. "Can I have everyone's attention, please?" Emma, Ella and Freya were sitting at a table. "I'm sorry to interrupt your morning, but I just wanted to remind everyone that a very special occasion is upon us. Miner's Day." Everyone was now listening. "As always, the nuns of Storybrooke are hoping that everyone will get involved and will help sell their exquisite candles. All we need are a few energetic volunteers, so who wants to join me?" Nobody was interested, going back to eating and talking. Emma, Ella and Freya exchanged a sympathetic look. Leroy walked up to Mary Margaret. "Leroy, you wanna volunteer?"

"I wanna leave, sister," Leroy answered. "You're blocking the door."

Mary Margaret stepped aside. "Of course. Uh, you know, if you wanted to help, it could really be a--"

"Oh, yeah, right, quite a team we'd make," Leroy told her sarcastically. "Town harlot, town drunk. The only person in this town people like less than me is you. If you're coming to me, you're screwed."

Leroy left the diner. Mary Margaret was disappointed and upset, leaving as well. Emma, Ella and Freya stood to follow her.

Outside

Mary Margaret was walking. Emma, Ella and Freya walked up to her.

"Hey," Emma told her. "Mind if we join you? So, what the hell is Miner's Day? And why are you beating yourself up over it?"

"It's an annual holiday celebrating an old tradition," Freya answered. "The nuns used to make candles, trade them with the miners for coal."

"Coal?" Ella repeated. "In Maine? If they were mining lobster, I'd understand."

Freya smiled. "Look, I don't know. Now they use it as a fundraiser. It's an amazing party. Everyone loves it."

"It doesn't seem like everyone loves it," Ella pointed out.

"It's not Miner's Day," Freya explained.

Ella and Emma gave her a look. "Freya."

"No, she's right," Mary Margaret told them. "It's me. Last week, I had ten volunteers. This week they all dropped out."

"You two think this is about what happened with David?" Ella asked.

"Oh, I know it is," Mary Margaret answered. "A few of them told me as much. I've never been a homewrecker before."

"It's gonna roll over," Ella told her. "You made a mistake with David. It happens."

"You don't have to do charity to win people's hearts back," Emma told her.

Mary Margaret sighed. "I have to do something. And this is the best I can do. I've ruined my life."

Emma was surprised when her phone rang. "Oh." She answered. "Emma Swan. Standing with Ella Swan and Freya Gold. Right now, yeah. Yeah, we'll be right down."

Emma hung up.

Ella sighed. "Well, apparently, duty calls. Hang in there."

"And if there's anything we can do to help, we will," Emma told her.

"You know we will," Freya told her.

Mary Margaret nodded in agreement, watching them walk away.

Town Square

Mother Superior (Blue Fairy) was painting a banner reading: Miner's Day is Here! Leroy was walking by where Astrid (Nova) was using glitter, accidentally spilling some.

Astrid looked down from the ladder she was on. "Oh, I'm so sorry. It just slipped out of my hand. I..."

Leroy smiled. "No problem at all."

"I really am so sorry," Astrid told him, climbing down the ladder, brushing the glitter off of Leroy. "I--I was so busy trying to get the lights to work that I didn't realize I was about to knock it off the ladder."

"Let me take a look at those lights for you," Leroy told her, climbing up the ladder. "Here's your problem. You're overloading the transformer. You can't mess around with these lights. The whole thing could've blown up on you."

"Oh, then I guess that makes you my hero," Astrid told him.

"I'm nobody's hero, sister," Leroy told her.

Astrid chuckled. "Oh, you can just call me Astrid."

"I call everybody sister," Leroy explained. "I'm Leroy."

Leroy turned the lights on.

Astrid gasped. "How did you do that?" Leroy chuckled. "Are you an electrician?"

Leroy climbed down. "I'm in the custodial services game."

Astrid didn't know what to say. "That's... wonderful."

"No, it's not," Leroy told her. "What I really wanted to do was sail. I even bought a boat. It's a real clunker. I was gonna fix it up, sail around the world, say goodbye to this hellhole. Oh, I'm sorry, sister."

"It's okay," Astrid told him. "You know, someone once told me, you can do anything as long as you can dream it."

"You really think so?" Leroy asked.

"Sure," Astrid answered. "Look how easily you fixed those lights. I bet you could do anything." She brushed off glitter from his mustache. "I should, uh, get back to the volunteer center. Nice to meet you, Leroy."

Astrid walked away, looking back at Leroy multiple times, almost bumping into people. Leroy was smiling.

Storybrooke Town Line

Emma, Ella and Freya were investigating the crash, taking pictures of the interior of Kathryn's crashed car, searching it over.

Sidney drove up, getting out of his car, walking toward them. "Mind if I take a look, too?"

"What for?" Ella asked.

"Well, just because I got fired from 'The Mirror' doesn't mean I can't do a little freelance reporting," Sidney told them, taking a picture of the car. "So what do we got here?"

"Gym teacher found this thing on the side of the road," Emma explained. "Abandoned. Engine running. Nobody around."

Freya sighed. "Registered to Kathryn Nolan. She's MIA."

"Kathryn Nolan?" Sidney repeated. "Whose husband very publicly left her?" Freya investigated the back of the car. "I mean, the story writes itself. If I get a scoop like that, 'The Daily Mirror' would have no choice but to take me back."

"Calm down, tiger," Emma told him. "You don't work for Regina anymore. Kathryn got accepted to a law school at Boston."

Freya shrugged. "Maybe after David dumped her, she decided to leave town. Car broke down. She hitched the rest of the way."

Emma nodded. "That's what I would do if I was running away from my problems."

"You have done that before, Emma," Ella pointed out.

"So have you, Ella," Emma replied.

Ella smirked. "You've done it more."

Freya smirked in amusement, opening the trunk, finding a suitcase. "And, uh, would either of you leave your clothes in the car?"

Emma sighed. "Time to pull Kathryn's phone records and find out who she spoke to last."

"Yeah, you know, if you go through the Sheriff's department, it'll take you days to get those," Sidney told them. "I've got a contact over at the phone company who used to help me out when I was at the newspaper. I can get those in a couple hours."

"Great," Ella told him. "Call us the minute you get your hands on those phone records."

David pulled up in his truck.

"There he is," Emma told them.

Freya sighed. "Time to break the news."

David got out of his truck, confused.

"You really think he doesn't know?" Ella asked.

"We're about to find out," Freya answered.

Freya, Ella and Emma hesitantly walked toward David.

ღღ

Flashback

Enchanted Forest

Mines

Dwarfs were being fitted for clothing and being cleaned.

Bossy was taking Dreamy's measurements. "Arms up."

Dreamy did as told. "What am I?"

"You're a dwarf," Bossy answered.

"What am I doing?" Dreamy asked.

"Being cleaned," Bossy answered.

Dreamy closed his eyes, confused. "Who was the woman I saw?"

"What woman?" Bossy asked.

Dreamy lowered his hands. "The one I saw right before I hatched. She was beautiful. I want to see her again."

Bossy laughed. "You must be dreaming. There are no female dwarfs. Dwarfs don't fall in love, dwarfs don't get married, and dwarfs don't have children. Why do you think you were hatched from an egg?"

"Then what do we do?" Dreamy asked.

"We work," Bossy answered.

"And we like it?" Dreamy asked.

"We love it," Bossy answered. "We even whistle while we do it. We mine the diamonds that get crushed into dust that give light to the world. You and your seven brethren will bring joy to yourselves and to everyone. Come on." He led Dreamy to the other dwarfs. "This is your team. These are your brothers. Everyone, grab an ax. It'll give you your dwarf name." Stealthy, Happy, Doc, Sneezy, Sleepy, Bashful, Dopey and Dreamy each got their ax in turn, reading their names. "The ax never lies, Dreamy. Okay, folks, grab a lantern and move out. Today is the first day of the rest of your lives. Welcome to the mines."

The dwarfs walked off to work, whistling Heigh-Ho.

Now

Storybrooke

Day - Convent of the Sisters of Saint Meissa

Leroy walked in, whistling, seeing Mary Margaret, walking closer. "Where can I sign up?" Mary Margaret looked at him skeptically. "What? I want to volunteer to sell candles."

Mary Margaret gave him a look. "No, you don't, you made that very clear this morning at Granny's."

Leroy glanced toward Astrid. "Well, maybe I saw the light. I mean, maybe somebody showed it to me. What difference does it make, sister? It looks like you can use all the help you can get."

Mary Margaret nodded. "Okay, I need help manning the candle booth. No swearing, no drinking, and I get to call the shots."

Leroy held up his hand in a promise as she handed him a clipboard.

Mother Superior looked at Astrid. "You ordered how many tanks of helium?"

"I meant to order 12," Astrid told her nervously.

Mother Superior looked over paperwork. "You ordered 12 dozen. Return them."

Astrid was even more nervous. "There are no refunds."

"We needed that money," Mother Superior told her. "You knew that. You know how he feels about us." She stood. "You fix this, Sister Astrid. You fix it now."

Mother Superior walked away. Astrid sighed deeply, sitting down.

Leroy approached Astrid. "Hey. What's the problem?"

Astrid sighed. "The problem is I'm an idiot. We get a stipend each year for expenses, and it's all carefully budgeted except for the part where I spent it all on helium." She stood, pacing anxiously. "And now we can't pay our rent."

Leroy didn't get the big deal. "So you'll make it up when you get your next stipend."

"Which isn't till next month," Astrid explained. "The rent is due next week. And the only income we have are these candles."

"Well, so how many do you need to sell?" Leroy asked, concerned.

"Like a thousand," Astrid answered.

"How many did you sell last year?" Leroy asked.

"42," Astrid answered.

Mary Margaret noticed them talking.

Leroy made a face. "Ask your landlord to cut you a break."

Astrid scoffed. "Mr. Gold doesn't offer much leeway."

"Mr. Gold's your landlord?" Leroy asked.

Astrid nodded. "If we miss a payment, we're out, and then they'll reassign us, and we'll have to leave Storybrooke."

"No, you won't," Leroy told her. "You know why you only sold 42 last year? Because you didn't have me." Mary Margaret was listening, rolling her eyes slightly. "This year we're going to sell all of them." Mary Margaret looked at him in surprise. "And if we can't, I know Mr. Gold's daughter, Freya Gold. I'm good friends with her, and so is Mary Margaret. Maybe we can talk to Freya, see if she can try to talk her father into cutting you come slack."

Astrid smiled, touched. "Wow, Leroy, I guess you really are my hero."

Leroy sighed bashfully, smiling slightly. Mary Margaret looked away, sighing.

Storybrooke Town Line

Emma, Ella, Freya and Sidney were showing David to Kathryn's car.

"She's just gone?" David asked, stunned.

"You really don't know anything, do you?" Emma asked.

David shook his head. "I--I don't... I don't understand. W--what happened?"

"We don't know," Ella told him. "We're trying to find out."

"What can you tell us?" Emma asked. "When was the last time you spoke to Kathryn?"

David sighed. "Yesterday afternoon."

"Okay, look, I know there has been lies and deceit, and I'm really not judging you," Freya told him. "But is that the truth?"

"Yes," David answered. "I haven't spoken to her since we... I ended things. And I came home yesterday, and all her things were gone. I assumed she was going to Boston. That's what she told me. Am I suspect or something?"

"No," Ella answered. "Emma and I know when people are telling the truth, David."

"And we know you are," Emma agreed. "She hasn't even been gone 24 hours."

"She's not even technically missing," Freya told them. "But if she is, trust me. We will find her."

Town Hall - Mayor's Office

Regina was printing out Kathryn's phone records, smirking, making a call. "Hello, Sidney? Those phone records you wanted? I have them. And I think you'll find them quite helpful."

ღღ

Flashback

Enchanted Forest

Day - Mines

Dreamy was shoveling diamonds onto a conveyor belt that worked its way through the rest of the machine to make fairy dust at the bottom.

Nova was there, watching the fairy dust, and once she was sure that she had gotten enough of the dust, she tried to turn the machine off, but the lever was stuck. "Come on. Help, someone!" Dreamy ran closer to turn it off. "Oh, thank you."

Dreamy looked at her in recognition. "It's you."

Nova looked up in confusion. "Do we know each other?"

They walked along.

"You're the woman I saw in my dreams right before I hatched last year," Dreamy explained.

Nova turned to look at him in surprise, smiling, placing the bag of fairy dust on a platform. "You're one?"

Dreamy smiled. "I know. I look young for my age."

Nova smiled, until she realized the platform she had placed the bag on was raising and getting away. "Oh, no, the Fairy dust!" She was whimpering in shock and horror as she watched the bag of fairy dust move across another conveyor belt toward a fire. Dreamy hopped up the machine, climbing up to the conveyor belt, managing to catch the rope on the bag with his pick ax before it reached the fire, saving it. Nova smiled in shock and relief, cheering. Dreamy rode a wheel down to the ground, walking toward her with the bag. Nova sighed in relief, taking the bag. "Oh, I'm an idiot. All I ever wanted to be was a Fairy godmother. That was my dream, but I can't even pick up fairy dust alone. I'm so clumsy."

"No, you're not," Dreamy told her. "I think you'd make a great Fairy godmother."

Nova looked at him thoughtfully, touched. "You really think so?"

"I believe you can do anything you want, as long as you can dream it," Dreamy answered.

Nova smiled, offering her hand. "I'm Nova."

Dreamy shook her hand. "I'm Dreamy."

Nova looked down nervously. "You know, Dreamy, as Fairies, we get to spend very little time in your world, and I was thinking about making a stop on my way back. Have you ever been to see the fireflies?"

"I barely even get out of the mines," Dreamy answered.

Nova looked up, excited. "Oh, I heard it's beautiful, that they come out just after sunset on Firefly Hill. I was going to see them tonight on my way back."

Dreamy smiled. "Oh, sounds fun. Have a good time."

Dreamy started to walk away.

Nova was amused, tilting her head, following nervously. "Dreamy? Thanks. You're my hero."

Nova turned to leave, looking back at Dreamy, laughing, leaving. Dreamy was smiling.

Now

Storybrooke

Day - Town Square

Mary Margaret and Leroy were trying to sell candles.

"Buy your Miner's Day candles here," Mary Margaret called. "Handmade by Storybrooke's very own nuns. Light your way to a good cause by buying a candle." Everyone who was passing was ignoring her, glaring at her, walking away. Leroy sighed. Mary Margaret was disappointed. "This isn't working."

"You're right," Dreamy told her. "We should pack it up."

"Now you're quitting?" Mary Margaret asked.

Leroy gave her a look. "If the customers won't come to us, we gotta go to them, door to door."

Mary Margaret tilted her head. "If they hate us here, what makes you think they'll like us in their homes?"

Leroy smirked. "Exactly. They'll pay us just to leave."

Elsewhere, Sidney was doing a ring toss, when Freya, Emma and Ella walked up to him.

"What the hell are you doing?" Emma asked.

"What's happening?" Sidney asked.

"I just got off the phone with Kathryn's school in Boston," Ella answered. "Registration was this morning. She never showed up."

"Something did happen," Emma told them.

"Sure looks that way," Ella agreed.

Mary Margaret walked up to them, side by side with Leroy. "Oh, girls, help me out. What's more sympathetic, um, scarf or no scarf?"

"Uh, scarf," Emma answered, confused.

Ella and Freya nodded in agreement, just as confused. "Yeah."

Leroy looked at Mary Margaret. "Come on, we're on a schedule."

Mary Margaret remembered something. "Oh, hey, Freya, if selling candles doesn't work, don't go anywhere, we need to talk to you about your dad."

Freya frowned in confusion, opening her mouth to speak, but Mary Margaret and Leroy were already walking away.

Sidney looked at Freya, Emma and Ella. "Why didn't you say anything? You're looking for a suspect, someone with a motive. Pixie cut over there has gone one a mile high."

"She had nothing to do with anything," Emma told him. "Trust us."

"But she's the one--" Sidney started.

Emma gave him a look. "Trust us. Especially Freya. She's been best friends with Mary Margaret for as long as anyone can remember."

"Freya knows her," Ella agreed. "Better than almost anyone. At least right now."

"Just get us those phone records," Ella told him.

The girls walked away.

Houses

Mary Margaret was going door to door with Leroy, speaking to a couple. "Hi, we're selling candles for Miner's Day."

The woman scoffed. "We're not interested."

The woman closed the door in their faces. Over and over again, more and more people slammed their doors in their faces, each one discouraging them more.

Flashback

Enchanted Forest

Night - Tavern

The dwarfs were sitting at their table, drinking, eating, laughing and having a good time, except for Dreamy, who was withdrawn.

Bossy noticed, walking over to sit in front of Dreamy. "What's the matter? You've barely touched your food."

Dreamy shrugged. "I don't know. I can't eat, I can't sleep. I don't feel at all like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me."

"You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pick ax?" Bossy asked. "I wouldn't worry about it. Dwarfs don't get sick. It must be in your head."

Belle and Tori were sitting nearby at the bar. (This flashback was obviously right after Young Priscilla and Rumplestiltskin had let them leave their house, before Belle was taken and before Tori went off on her mission to find her, before the flashbacks of What Happened to Frederick.)

"It's not in his head," Belle told them. "It's in his heart. You're in love."

"Oh, that's impossible," Bossy told them. "Dwarfs can't fall in love."

Belle looked at Dreamy. "Trust me. I know love, and you're in it."

"You both obviously know love," Tori told them. "I haven't ever been in it. Most men run away from me when they learn what I am. What's it like? To be in love?"

Belle smiled. "It's the most wonderful and amazing thing in the world. Love is hope. It fuels our dreams. And if you're in it, you need to enjoy it, because love doesn't always last forever."

"But if love's so great, then why do I feel so bad right now?" Dreamy asked.

"You need to be with the person you love," Belle answered.

"That much I know," Tori told him. "Belle was happy when we were living with her love, his daughter Priscilla, even though there were complications and scares. Now that we're out here, my half-sister's been so miserable. What about you?"

"How do I know she feels the same way?" Dreamy asked. "All she talked about was going to see some fireflies, not loving me."

"What did she tell you about these fireflies?" Tori asked.

Dreamy sighed. "That she was gonna go see them on the hilltop tonight, that she heard they were the most beautiful sight in all the land." Belle and Tori exchanged a look, smiling knowingly, laughing. "What?"

"She wasn't telling you about the fireflies," Tori answered. "She was inviting you to go be with her."

"You think so?" Dreamy asked hopefully.

Belle nodded, looking down. "I've had my heart broken enough to know when somebody's reaching out. And Tori here is subtle like that when she wants someone to join her."

"Now go," Tori told him. "Find your love. Find your hope. Find your dreams."

Now

Storybrooke

Day - Convent of the Sisters of Saint Meissa

Astrid accidentally dropped a few things, picking them up. Leroy slowly approached her, looking toward Mary Margaret, who nodded for him to tell her about their lack of success.

Astrid saw Leroy, smiling. "Hi."

"I have to talk to you," Leroy told her. "See, I have some bad news."

Astrid frowned, worried. "Oh, no. What is it?"

Leroy was hesitant to tell her. "The bad news is that..." He couldn't tell her. "You nuns are gonna be real busy making candles, 'cause me and Mary Margaret just sold them all." Mary Margaret looked at him in disbelief. "You're not losing the convent. You're not going anywhere."

Astrid smiled, laughing happily and excitedly, embracing Leroy suddenly, surprising him, but he returned the embrace.

ღღ

Mary Margaret pulled Leroy aside, whispering. "How could you tell Astrid that we sold all those candles? That is $5,000, Leroy, $5,000 that we don't have."

Lery whispered. "Don't worry about it, all right? I got a plan."

"A plan, like going door to door and having everyone in town laugh in our faces?" Mary Margaret asked.

"A plan like talking to Freya about talking to her dad," Leroy answered. "I know you think that Gold's not gonna listen to Freya, so if that doesn't work, I got a backup plan. Just give me till the end of the day."

"And why is this so important to you?" Mary Margaret asked.

Leroy looked toward Astrid. "The nuns, they're gonna have to leave."

Mary Margaret gasped in realization. "Oh, my God, you like her. She is a nun, Leroy. Could you possibly pick anyone any less available?"

"Says the girl who went after a married guy," Leroy replied. "At the end of the day, you're no better than I am. You got your reasons for being here, I got mine, and when I say I'm gonna get that $5,000, I'm gonna get that $5,000."

Flashback

Enchanted Forest

Night - Firefly Hill

Dreamy ran to the hill to check out the fireflies, hoping to find Nova there.

Nova walked closer, smiling. "I didn't think you were gonna show up."

Dreamy smiled. "I was afraid I was too late."

Nova gave him a teasing look. "Well, you did cut it pretty close. Come on."

Nova led Dreamy out to look at the town.

Dreamy watched in awe. "Wow! Look at all those lights. Are those the fireflies?"

"No, that's the village," Nova answered in amusement. "And beyond that, all the lights of the kingdom."

Dreamy sighed. "You've seen a lot of this world, haven't you?"

Nova pouted. "From a distance, yes."

"What's wrong with that?" Dreamy asked.

"Flying over the world and being a part of it aren't exactly the same thing," Nova answered.

"Well, at least you've seen the world," Dreamy pointed out. "Me, I live in the mines, underground. All I ever see is diamonds and dirt and dwarfs. You know, we could see it together. Get a boat, sail all over, explore everything the world has to offer."

They both smiled, when they saw the fireflies start to glow.

"Oh, look," Nova told him. They both watched in awe. Nova reached over to kiss Dreamy. "Okay, let's do it. Tomorrow night, after I drop off the dust, let's meet back here. We'll run off together, we'll see the world."

Dreamy reached out to hold her hand. "Sounds like a dream come true."

Now

Storybrooke

Day - Gold's Pawnshop

Freya walked in. "Papa, we need to have a talk."

Gold walked closer. "Why doesn't that surprise me? Hello, Priscilla. I was wondering when you would reach out to your father for help again."

"I'm not here for you, or for me," Freya replied. "I'm here for a friend."

Gold nodded in amusement and understanding. "Oh. I see. The things that you'll do for your friends. I've never understood why and how you've always gone to such lengths for your friends."

"Well, I understand why you wouldn't understand it, being you've never had a friend and will never have one," Freya replied. "And any friends that you may have, you lose because you like to torture them. See, the secret to having and keeping friends is not torturing them, Papa, it's helping them."

Gold smirked in amusement, nodding in acknowledgement. "Ouch. Witty, but true."

"You remember when the dwarfs let me and Snow stay with them for shelter when Regina and Alcina had hold of Lisa, after I saved their lives, when Jefferson and Grace were missing?" Freya asked. "Well, now I'm trying to repay that kindness by helping Grumpy's counterpart in this world, Leroy, help the nuns."

"The nuns?" Gold repeated, smirking. "Oh, because they're renting from me and your friend thinks that you can talk me out of evicting them. So that's what this is about."

"Come on, Papa," Freya told him. "You're rich. You can afford to give them time to make up one month's rent."

"You're right," Gold agreed. "I could."

"But?" Freya asked.

"But I won't," Gold answered. Freya had expected that response, nodding sarcastically, looking away, rolling her eyes. "I have a fairly specific rental agreement. If they miss a payment, I'm within my rights to evict. And quite honestly? It's gonna be a great relief to be rid of such distasteful tenants. I don't like nuns. I have my reasons. And they're mine. Let's just say I have a long and complicated history with them. Leave it at that."

"Papa, if you evict them, they'll have to relocate them out of Storybrooke," Freya told him. "And you know what will happen if they try to leave."

"Well, I didn't know about the relocation part of the equation," Gold admitted. "But I'm still failing to see how this is my problem."

Freya scoffed, shaking her head. "I knew you wouldn't care if they're forced to leave the town no one can leave from and get hurt or possible die trying to. Fine, I'll deal with it myself."

"And how are you going to do that?" Gold asked. "Pay everything yourself? You were lucky when I bargained with Regina to have you become rich with an estate when she asked what was needed to enact the Dark Curse, Cilla. And to let you have Jefferson back."

Freya scoffed skeptically. "Lucky? Jefferson and I are still separated from Lisa and Grace."

Gold considered this, nodding. "Yes, that is true. I should have known she would find a loophole when I told her to let you see Lisa and Grace again in this world. She's letting you see Grace and Lisa, only in the most painful way."

"You never told me about that deal you made on my behalf," Freya told him.

"Never had the time to," Gold replied. "I was locked in a jail cell at the time and it was right before the Curse activated. You and Jefferson only started to get your memories back when Lisa's visions started again, not that long ago. And Grace still doesn't remember. Mm, and speaking of daughters like her and Grace, how is Tori's? Saphira settling in with you and Jefferson okay?"

Freya gave him a look, using his words against him. "Let's just say it's a long and complicated story where Saphira is involved. Leave it at that. And just because you didn't tell me about that deal doesn't mean that I didn't know about it, and I know that you bargained for Regina to listen to you whenever you said the word please. You could have easily had her let me and Jefferson take Lisa in all over again and give us back Grace if all you said is please, yet you never did."

Gold sighed, knowing she was right. "While that may be true, Regina also didn't know that you, Jefferson and I knew the truth until very recently. Although, you do make a point about me being able to do that even when she didn't know we knew the truth. Just another reason for you to be angry with me."

Freya nodded in agreement, giving Gold a look, leaving the shop. Gold sighed, not knowing what else to do when it came to mending a broken relationship with his daughter.

ღღ

Dock

On the dock above the lake, Leroy was trying to find a way to sell his fixer upper boat when he heard Astrid's voice. "Leroy?"

Leroy walked out to see her with a pie. "Astrid."

Astrid shrugged nervously. "Mary Margaret said I might find you down here. I--I made you a pie. It's the least I could do after all your help. Oh, this boat is great." Leroy saw the boxes of candles visible from next to a tarp. "It's gonna be amazing when you get it out on the water." Leroy tried to cover the candles but couldn't. Astrid walked closer. "I can't even remember the last time I was on it." She saw the candles. "What's this?" She walked closer to take a good look. "If you sold all the candles, why are they still here, Leroy?"

Leroy was very regretful, guilty for lying. "I didn't sell them all. I tried to, but nobody wanted to buy them from me. I was gonna tell you the truth, but I was afraid of letting you down."

"So you lied," Astrid told him.

Leroy looked down sadly. "I'm sorry, Astrid. But I still have Freya asking her dad about giving you a break. Mary Margaret and Freya both believe he won't listen, and I think they're right. I guess you believed in the wrong guy."

Astrid sighed sadly in disappointment, turning to walk away.

Sheriff's Station

Emma and Ella were waiting.

"Freya still talking to Gold?" Emma asked.

"No," Ella answered. "She left his shop a while ago. I think Freya's trying to help Mary Margaret and Leroy with the money since Gold won't."

Emma shook her head. "Freya's so different from her dad. It's unbelievable."

Ella nodded in agreement. "Yeah."

Sidney walked in. "Emma. Ella."

"You find something?" Emma asked.

Sidney showed them papers. "Kathryn's phone records."

Ella took them. "Thank you. What you got?"

Sidney followed them toward the desks. "Every call she made the day she crashed her car, including an eight minute call between her and David within an hour of the accident."

"That's not possible," Ella told him. "Freya, Emma and I talked to him. He said he didn't speak to her that day."

"Then he's lying," Sidney told them.

Ella smirked, shaking her head. "No. Emma and I? We know when someone is lying. And David--"

"It's right here on paper, Ella," Sidney told her. "Phone records don't lie. People do. And our friend David does it better than most. Don't beat yourselves up over this. You, Emma and Freya are not the only people David fooled."

Emma and Ella just looked at him.

Granny's Diner

Mary Margaret was sitting at the counter, drinking.

Leroy walked in. "I'll have what she's having."

Ruby went to get his drink as Leroy sat next to Mary Margaret.

"Well, did you get it?" Mary Margaret asked.

Leroy took his hat off, giving her a look. "What do you think?"

Mary Margaret sighed in disappointment. "I think you're right, I was dreaming if I thought that the town harlot and the town drunk could accomplish anything."

Ruby came back with Leroy's drink.

Leroy took a drink. "Yeah, just dreaming."

Flashback

Enchanted Forest

Night - Mines

While the dwarfs were sleeping, Dreamy was trying to sneak out. Stealthy caught him by the door, clearing his throat.

Dreamy sighed. "Stealthy."

'You know, if you wanted to sneak out, you should've come to me," Stealthy told him.

The others woke up, walking closer.

"You're leaving us?" Doc asked. "Without even saying goodbye?"

"But where are you going?" Sneezy asked.

"To be with Nova," Dreamy answered. "We're in love. We're gonna see the world together."

"I don't understand," Bashful admitted. "I thought we were meant to live our lives here, in the mines."

Dreamy shrugged. "I thought so too, but things change when you fall in love. Suddenly anything seems possible."

Sneezy grabbed Dreamy's pick ax, handing it over. "Well, take this with you. It might come in handy."

Dreamy smiled, shaking his head. "I don't need it anymore."

Sneezy put the pick ax down, giving Dreamy a hug. The other dwarfs followed suit, hugging Dreamy in a big group hug, all laughing.

Woods

Dreamy was walking.

Bossy followed. "You can't do this, Dreamy. You can't go to her."

Dreamy turned to look at him. "Why not?"

Bossy walked closer. "You have a responsibility, to mine the diamonds we make into fairy dust."

"But I love her," Dreamy told him.

"You're a dwarf, Dreamy," Bossy told him. "We're not capable of love. It's not how we're made."

"What if I'm different?" Dreamy asked. "What if you're wrong?"

Blue Fairy appeared, flying above, so much smaller than them. "Bossy's not wrong, young one. What you feel, it's just a dream."

"Who are you?" Dreamy asked.

Blue Fairy smiled. "I'm Nova's teacher. And if the two of you run away together, it will not end well. Nova will lose her wings. But if you return to the mines and if you allow Nova to become the fairy she was meant to be, the two of you will bring untold joy to the world. Nova can be a great fairy if you let her. The choice is yours."

Dreamy was conflicted and upset.

Now

Storybrooke

Night - Granny's Diner

Leroy and Mary Margaret were still sitting at the counter.

"Leroy, you understand that a relationship between you and Sister Astrid can never happen?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Yeah, yeah," Leroy answered. "My whole life people made it their business to tell me what I can't do. She was the first person that said I could do anything, who believed in me. It didn't wanna disappoint her."

Mary Margaret sighed. "But there are consequences to following through when the world tells you not to. I mean, look at me, I am a pariah in this town."

"What about your good memories?" Leroy asked.

"What do you mean?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Didn't you have moments with him that you love?" Leroy asked. Mary Margaret smiled sadly. "Do you regret them?"

Mary Margaret whispered. "No, of course not."

"Isn't that what life's about?" Leroy asked. "Holding onto your good memories. All I wanted was a moment with Astrid, one moment to give me hope that any dream's possible. You've had all that, Mary Margaret, so stop feeling sorry for yourself and enjoy it, because I haven't."

Mary Margaret considered this seriously. "Well, if I had the dream, I'm sorry to say it wasn't worth it."

Freya walked in, having heard the last bit of what she said. "Well, it's about to be. I didn't have $5,000 in hand by tonight in time. But I do have an idea that can get us the rest of the money that we need."

"We?" Mary Margaret repeated.

"Yeah, we," Freya answered, smiling at the memories of helping Grumpy and Snow, and helping their counterparts now. "As we thought, my father didn't wanna help. But I have a backup plan. And it's gonna work."

Town Square

Everyone was in town square filled with lights for Miner's Day.

Freya was standing on a building's edge next to a transformer. "Perfect."

Mary Margaret ran closer. "Freya, what are you doing? Please don't do it."

Freya gave her an amused look. "I'm not gonna jump."

"You're not?" Mary Margaret asked.

"No," Freya answered. "Are you crazy? I could hit someone. I'm not as destructive as my father, you know."

Mary Margaret gave her a look for trying to joke when she herself was worried and confused. "Freya, what are you doing up here?"

"Getting your and Leroy's moment," Freya answered, picking up a sledgehammer from the edge.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Mary Margaret told her. "What?"

Freya held up the sledgehammer, smirking. "You might wanna duck."

Mary Margaret ducked. Freya used the sledgehammer to take out the transformer and all the lights in town square, causing an explosion of sparks that rained down around her, and causing everyone to complain about the dark and how they couldn't see.

"What are you doing?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Helping you sell candles, MM," Freya answered. "I could only get $2,000 by tonight, since the bank was closed. We're getting the remaining $3,000 now."

Mary Margaret realized the plan, looking at Freya in shock, awed by what she would do for her friends, smiling at her best friend. Freya smiled back.

Gold had been watching from down below, knowing what his daughter was up to, shaking his head in amusement, smirking, impressed. "She is definitely my daughter."

ღღ

Flashback

Enchanted Forest

Night - Firefly Hill

Nova was waiting. Dreamy approached.

Nova smiled. "Dreamy, come on. I have to show you something."

"Nova, we need to talk," Dreamy told her.

Nova placed a hand over his lips. "No, you have to see this." She conjured a telescope in her hand with a swirl of fairy dust, handing it to him. "Take a look."

Dreamy did as told, seeing a boat in the distance, but knowing he couldn't have it with Nova, he was depressed, grumpy. "It's amazing."

Nova smiled excitedly. "It has everything we need to explore the world. Supplies, maps of all the kingdoms, a sturdy sail."

Dreamy turned to face her. "Nova, I can't go with you."

Nova was confused, surprised, hurt. "What about our life together, our dream?"

"I'm a dwarf, Nova," Dreamy told her. "I belong in the mines, you belong with the other fairies, and that's never gonna change."

Nova had tears in her eyes. "Dreamy, you control what changes in your life. Never let yourself forget, you're special."

"Why?" Dreamy asked. "What makes us different from any other dwarf or fairy out there?"

"Our love," Nova answered.

Dreamy was heartbroken to say this. "I don't think it's love. It's a dream. We need to put it away."

Nova was even more heartbroken to hear it, shaking her head. "I don't want to put it away."

"I'm not your dream, Nova," Dreamy told her. "Your dream's to be a fairy godmother, and you can still be that."

Nova realized. "You talked to the Blue Fairy."

"It doesn't matter," Dreamy told her.

"What did she say?" Nova asked.

'It doesn't matter," Dreamy repeated.

Nova raised her voice. "What did she say?"

"Nova!" Dreamy told her. Nova calmed down, near tears. "What matters is... I can't stand in the way of your happiness."

Nova started to cry. "But you're my happiness. I love you. Don't you love me?"

Dreamy was also crying. "I'm a dwarf. I can't love."

Dreamy walked away, both of them crying.

Mines

Bossy was leading the other dwarfs. "Let's pick up the pace, boys. We're making magic here."

Dreamy walked in, but he was no longer acting like Dreamy, acting like his present-day grumpy self. "Where's my ax?" Everyone looked at him. "Where's my ax?"

Sneezy smiled. "Dreamy, you're..." He sneezed. "Back!"

Bossy walked closer. "Well, heigh-ho, boys! Good to have you back, Dreamy."

Dreamy picked up his ax, starting to get to work. "No place I'd rather be. Heigh-ho." He tried to use his ax to break into the rock repeatedly but couldn't break it at all, even though he kept hacking away furiously, until the ax broke in half, causing everyone to look at him again. "Bossy, hand me another ax."

The dwarfs handed the ax passed down the line toward Dreamy.

"Here you are, Dreamy," Bossy told him.

Dreamy took the ax, seeing that his name that appeared was Grumpy, now officially changing him from Dreamy to Grumpy. Everyone was shocked to see his name change, even Bossy.

"It's Grumpy now," Grumpy told them.

Bossy frowned in concern. Grumpy went to hack away at the rock.

Now

Storybrooke

Night - Town Square

With all the lights out, everyone had to buy a candle from Mary Margaret and Leroy. Freya watched them, smugly and triumphantly.

Mary Margaret walked toward her best friend. "Freya... we sold out." Mary Margaret and Freya smiled, laughing happily, embracing. "Thank you so much."

Freya smiled, nodding, turning around, seeing Gold further away in the crowd with a candle. Gold smirked, shaking his head. Freya gave him a look, walking away.

Leroy walked toward Astrid with a box. "$5,000, from me and Mary Margaret selling, thanks to Freya Gold. She also still plans to give over $2,000 to help pay for your next month's rent because of her dad. Piece of cake."

Astrid smiled in shock. "You sold them all? And we have help with next month's rent?" Leroy nodded. "You made it happen."

Leroy smiled. "You have no idea."

Astrid stammered, taking the box. "I don't know what to say."

Leroy nodded. "You're welcome. Listen, that boat of mine? I'm gonna fix it up. And, well, maybe you could be my first passenger."

Astrid chuckled, nodding. "I'd like that."

Leroy smiled. "Well, then that's what we'll do, sister."

They looked at each other, smiling.

Astrid looked over everyone and everything in the town square. "Oh, it's beautiful, isn't it?"

Fireflies lit up all over the square, capturing everyone's attention.

Sheriff's Station

Emma and Ella were working.

Regina walked in. "There you two are. Where's Freya?"

"We gave her the night off because the teacher/deputy/daughter had a busy day today," Emma answered. "And she needed a break."

"If this is about the blackout, we've got the guys from the power company down there working on it," Ella told her.

Regina shook her head. "That's not my why I'm here. It's been 24 hours since my friend Kathryn went missing. Have you found anything?"

"We found something," Ella answered. "We just don't know what it means."

"Well, what is it?" Regina asked.

Emma gave her a look. "At this point in the investigation, it's best we don't divulge that information."

Regina walked closer. "If you're covering for someone, if you're not doing your jobs, Sheriffs Swans, I'll find someone who will."

Regina took her leave. Emma and Ella exchanged a look, sighing.

Town Square

Mary Margaret was putting a sold out sign on her table, blowing out her candle, walking back to her car, seeing that 'Tramp' was still marked across the doors, sighing, returning to the gathering. Granny stopped her along the way, seeing her candle was unlit, taking her candle to light it with her own, handing it back. They smiled at each other. Others were looking at Mary Margaret with kind glances this time around. Mary Margaret was relieved that they were slowly forgiving her, making her way through the crowd. David saw her from across the way, sighing. Emma and Ella approached him.

David was surprised to see them. "Emma? Ella?"

"David," Emma replied. "We need to talk."

"Did you get a hold of Kathryn?" David asked.

"No," Ella answered. "I'm afraid not."

"Then what is it?" David asked.

"We need you to come to the Sheriff's station with us," Emma answered. "And tell us everything."

David frowned in confusion. "I'm sorry. I thought I already did."

Ella tilted her head. "So did we."

Emma and Ella led David toward their car. Freya saw them from further in the crowd with Mary Margaret, frowning, walking toward them. Everyone was watching Emma and Ella having David get into the backseat of their car. David and Mary Margaret looked at each other, both stunned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.8K 888 20
๐Ÿ’šUnder Editing Separately ๐Ÿ’š Taken from your true home you end up in the Enchanted Forest, living with the Evil Queen. During the dark curse you fou...
78.5K 1.7K 26
Being the daughter of the dark one was always going to be a struggle. But this? This is just pure madness. It's even harder when you don't remember y...
69.5K 1.6K 46
Magic is in Storybrooke. Memories have returned. Families reunited. Cruse is broken. As the curse is broken, Alana and Emma finally meet their parent...
46.2K 2.1K 46
The group travels to Neverland to save Henry, who has been taken there, under Pan's orders. Athena's whereabouts are still unknown to everyone, but C...