My how to train your dragon

By Akahana_9

My own way of The original How to Train Your Dragon movie! A little bit of Httyd 2 at the end. More

Introduction
One member gone
Forbidden
Shot down
Downed dragon
Can't kill a dragon
Meeting
The awkward talk
Dragon Training
Dragon classification
Dragon's and Vikings
A dragon Bonding
Realisation
Flying?
Prophecy?
Author's note
Secrets
Uh Oh, look who's back?
Awkward!~
Oh Gods this gets worse...
The Beta
Acception

Hiccup

1.3K 40 15
By Akahana_9

Hello People! I'm backkk! SOZZZZ I WAS IN MELBOURNE! I'm just here to warn you that this chapter has a bit of a twist..... But your gonna have to read it to find out!

Today's the day. And guess what?

I was terrified.

My stomach was churning like crazy, my shirt was soaked with sweat... and I think I might have to have a change of pants soon...

I was at the entrance to the arena, directly below the crowd.

I watched as my father appeared at his place as chief. He was beaming proudly as he marched up onto the stage.

"Well, I can show my face in public again!" The crowd laughs as I wince. That was nice.

"If someone had told me that in just few short weeks, Hiccup would go from being, well... Hiccup, to placing first in Dragon Training... Well, I would've tied him to a mast and shipped him off for fear he'd gone mad. Yes! And you know it!"

The crowd was now roaring with laughter and agreement. Wow. My dad was so nice.

"But here we are." Dad says, silencing the crowd. "And no one's more surprised...or more proud than I am." Wait till you find out about Toothless...

"Today, my boy becomes a Viking. TODAY, HE BECOMES ONE OF US!" I'm starting to think my plan isn't gonna work...

The crowd cheers again.

Gobber approaches me, beaming. He pats my back 'lightly'. "It's time, Hiccup. Knock him dead."

Yeah... I'd rather not...

I enter the arena, heading for the pile of weapons to choose from. I didn't even hesitate as I take the weakest weapon of all, a dagger.

"I'm ready." Not. I mentally add.

Suddenly, the door bursts open. A flaming, angry and terrifying I might add, Monstrous Nightmare roars.

I shiver, she was the same dragon who was caught by my dad because of me on the night I saw Toothless.

The Nightmare climbs all over the arena, trying to find a way out.

'Stupid Vikings. I need to get to my Hatchlings!' I flinch as she said that. I forgot about her babies...

Suddenly she notices me. 'You...' She snarled menacingly.

Now for my plan.

I slowly pull out my dagger and drop it onto the floor. The Nightmare flinches at the sound of the dagger dropping onto the floor.

I raise my hands to try and soothe her, just like I did with Toothless.

'Don't worry, I won't you.' I whisper in dragonese. The Nightmare calms down a bit. 'I tried helping you on the night I was captured. But you didn't listen and you were the cause of my capture. Take your helmet off, and I might trust you.'

I slowly reach for my helmet, willing to fulfill the Dragon's request. "I'm not one of them." I say out loud, and I throw the helmet onto the floor.

"Stop the fight." I hear my dad say.

"No! I need you all to see this. They're not what we think they are. We don't have to kill them." I shake my head, hoping my plan would work.

"I SAID STOP THE FIGHT!" Suddenly, I see my dad raise his hammer. "Wait! Dad- STOP!" I yell.

But he doesn't listen, and sends the hammer down onto the arena cage, vibrating a loud noise.

The Nightmare's eyes turn into slits and roars angrily. 'I knew it! This was your plan!' 'No! Stop!'

She chases me all around the arena, breathing such hot fire, that smoke began forming in the arena. Trapping me with her claws, she prepares to blow me to bits.

Suddenly, a piercing sound cuts through the air. I recognize the sound.

'NO! TOOTHLESS DON'T! THE'LL CATCH YOU!' I roar to a certain, angry, dragon.

The Nightmare is thrown off by a midnight black dragon. "TOOTHLESS! RUN!" I yell.

Toothless didn't listen, he shrieked and clawed at the Nightmare. 'Don't you DARE hurt MY Hatchling!'

Finally, with one last swipe, the Nightmare retreats and the smoke clears.

I run over to him, 'Alright, Toothless, go. Get out of here!' I urged and pushed him to go, but he remained next to me.

His eyes turn into slits as Vikings run into the arena holding weapons. "NIGHT FURY! KILL IT!" They yelled.

"Go! GO!"

"Take it alive!"

"Dad! NO!"

"No, Dad, he won't hurt you! No, don't! You're only making it worse! Toothless, STOP!" I desperately yell over the battle cries.

Toothless shoots off, wrestling the Vikings to the ground.

"No! NOOOOO!"

"Get him!" Someone yells.

"No! Please, jus- just don't hurt him! Please don't hurt him." I yell as Toothless is captured. I wanted to go to Toothless, but the teens were holding me back with shocked faces. Astrid was smirking.

"Put it with the others!" My dad snarles. "Give me Toothless back!" I scream, kicking and thrashing.

"I should have known. I should have seen the signs." My dad says, fuming. "Dad-"

"WE HAD A DEAL!"

Everybody was staring now.

"I know we did... But that was before... Ugh, it's all so messed up!" I wanted to pull my hair and yell desperately.

"So everything in the ring... A trick?! A lie?" Dad demanded.

"I screwed up. I should have told you before now. Take this out on me, be mad at me, but please... just don't hurt Toothless." I say desperately.

"The dragon? That's what you're worried about? Not the people you almost killed?!"

"He was just protecting me! He's not dangerous!" My temper started rising.

"They've killed HUNDREDS OF US!'"

"AND WE'VE KILLED THOUSANDS OF THEM! They defend themselves, that's all! They raid us because they have to! If they don't bring enough food back, they'll be eaten themselves. There's something else on their island, Dad... it's a dragon like-"

I realized my mistake, but it was too late. "-Their island? So you've been to the nest." Dad snarled.

"Did I say nest?" I try covering up my mistake.

"How did you find it?!"

"No... I didn't. Toothless did. Only a dragon can find the island." Oh... no... me and my big mouth.

"Oh, no, no. Dad, no! Dad! It's not what you think!" I burst. "You don't know what you're up against!"

"It's like nothing you've ever seen! Dad, please! I promise you that you can't win this one!" My dad pushes me off and heads to the main hall.

"No! Dad, no! FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE, WOULD YOU PLEASE JUST LISTEN TO ME!"

"You've thrown your lot in with them. You're not a Viking. You're not my son."

My world faded black. My vision blurred. But I ignored it, running to the cell. The villagers watching us yelled for someone to catch me.

I reached the cell just in time. My numb hand shook as I swiftly stole the keys to the dragon cell from an unsuspecting guard.

"OI! What are you doing!?"

I ignored him and rushed to the dragon cell. I heard the Dragon's voices as I reached the door.

'I'm telling you he'll just betray you!' I hear a voice hiss.

'Then why am I here? Alive in front of you?' I recognize the voices as Toothless and the Nightmare.

I slam the door open, 'Toothless!'

The Dragon's stop arguing and stare at me. The silence turns into hissing from the Nightmare. 'The Hatchling is here...'

Toothless growls at the Nightmare and comes over to me. I couldn't resist anymore as I flung my arms around his neck. 

I knew that Toothless knew about what happened with da- Stoick. With his sensitive hearing and all.

'It's Ok Hatchling.' He purrs, nuzzling me. I choked on my sobs and clung to my Dragon tighter.

'I was talking to the other dragons.' I hear Toothless say. 'All of them barring the Nightmare, have decided that we should all fly away from Berk considering.... what just happened.'

I nodded glumly. 

The other dragons come over to me, The Nadder starts talking straight away. 'Hello Hatchling, my name is Stormfly.' She says softly.

I nod, Then the Zipple back goes next, 'I'm Barf and this is Belch.'

Then finally, The Gronkel was last. 'And my name is Meatlug.'

I smiled, wiping my tears away. 'It's nice to meet all of you, I hope you guys can trust me and we'll all become friends.'

I look at Toothless, 'When do we leave?' Toothless grinned. 'Right now.'

And the door burst open.

"THERE THEY ARE!"

"HICCUP'S A TRAITOR!"

I shriek in surprise. I feel Toothless bite my collar and throw me on his back. 'NOW'S OUR CHANCE! EVERY DRAGON! FLY!'

I immediately let Toothless fly. The other dragons fly with us. My heart beats fast.

I look back to find the Vikings gaping as we whiz past the door into the sky. Something catches my eye.

'Toothless! The Nightmare is still there! I think she's cornered!' I yell over the piercing wind.

Toothless nods and dives. He opens his mouth and bursts a fireball. The fire ball destroyed the roof of the Dragon cage. The nightmare looks shocked but takes her chance to fly away.

We prepare to fly away again. But again, a voice stops me.

"HICCUP!" Dad.

"So this is it then." He gruffly says. I nod, tears began forming in my eyes again.

"Your Mother also loved dragons." My eyes widened. "But look where that got her. She's dead."

My heart clenches painfully in my chest. "I don't think shes dead Dad." I bravely say.

I see Da- Stoick's eyes widen as if pleading to the world. "FINE! LEAVE! GO AND JUST DIE! THOSE DRAGONS PROBABLY ARE BRAINWASHING YOU! BUT IF YOUR SO WILLING TO GO AFTER THOSE DEVILS LEAVE! I HEREBY DECLARE HICCUP HORRENDOUS HADDOCK III AN OUTCAST!"

Stoick finishes his rant, face red with anger. 

I glare at Stoick in response. "Fine by me." I bravely reply, "Berk never felt like home to me anyways. Toothless here," I pat Toothless head, "was more of a Father than you were Stoick." I coldly say.

Many Vikings watching gasp.

'Let's go Toothless.' I whisper brokenly. 'Please.' He nods and we signal the other dragons to fly.

I, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III was no longer a citizen of Berk.

I was just Hiccup.

And I'm proud to say that, I have 'betrayed' my home and have left Berk with my family.

My real family. 

My family, was a flock of dragons.

~~~~~~~~

JESUS HOW LONG DID THAT TAKE! THAT WAS SO DRAMATIC! Well at least I've finally finished it! Hope ya'll liked it! Keep reading for more!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.5K 547 6
Male Astrid x Female reader •Second and third book complete and published •From the movie 'How to train your dragon'
53.6K 1K 8
Hiccup gets hit by a Night Fury. A transformation begins and he starts a new adventure. Takes place at the beginning of How to Train Your Dragon. Ant...
10.1K 290 7
Male Astrid x Female Reader Sequel to HTTYD •First and third book complete and published •From the movie 'How to train your dragon 2'
218K 4.3K 27
Just some Hiccup x Reader drabbles :) I started this for the How To Train Your Dragon anniversary. I'm accepting requests!