return ā€¢ theo raeken [2]

By -obriens

āI'm not fearless. I'm terrified.āž - allison argent Luna Louve has spent years alone, but now she doesn't hav... More

PART ONE.
prologue.
one. memory lost
two. superposition
three. sundowning and relics
four. relics
five. radio silence
six. ghosted
eight. heartless
nine. heartless
ten. blitzkrieg
eleven. blitzkrieg
twelve. memory found
thirteen. memory found
fourteen. riders on the storm
PART TWO.
fifteen. all my exes live in texas
sixteen. pressure test
seventeen. pressure test
eighteen. pressure test and triggers
nineteen. werewolves of london and genotype
twenty. genotype
twenty-one. mended love and broken glass
twenty-two. the wolves of war
twenty-three. the alpha beast of beacon hills
epilogue.
thank you.

seven. ghosted and heartless

4.2K 180 96
By -obriens

Luna

"ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY?  Have you not been here the last three and a half months?  Did you even think?"  All of the emotions were coming out in my words, sounding like my lungs were filled with fluid.  My hands go to my head, threading through my hair on either side of my temples.  I turn around to go back into the kitchen, and Theo's still standing there a smirk on his face as he sees me again.  I round on Liam again.  "He's actually here.  Holy shit."

I drop in the single chair in Scott's living room, but then I remember how Theo and I had shared it and I move.  Sitting on the couch, my hands are still in my hair as I lean my elbows on my knees.  My breathing is heavy as Theo being back and Rosa being dead just hits me like a hammer against my heart.  The bridge of my nose pinches, and I can feel the tears pooling in my eyes.  My shoulders shake.

"Luna, we thought he could help us-" Liam begins.

"Theo?" I yell and point to the kitchen.  "Help?  Hah!"

"He remembers Stiles," Hayden says.

I ignore her as I try to hide the tears that made it through and are dribbling down my chin.

"Why tonight?" I whisper to myself.  "Why?  After what Charlie said, I can't-"

"After what Charlie said?  What do you mean, Luna?  What'd he say?" Liam asks, sitting next to me.

He puts his hand on my back, but I stand up away from him.

"I can't tell you.  You just can't help me with this.  You don't know her.  You-"

My head shakes and I start to pace.  The heaviness in my chest and the weight on my shoulders make me feel like I'm about to have a mental break down.  My feet carry me into the kitchen where I go to head to the sink, but the smell of chocolate and whipped cream fills my nose.  There's a single coffee mug on the island with whipped cream and chocolate chips piled on top.  I sniff around for Corey's scent and listen for another heart rate, but the only other heart beating in the kitchen is Theo's.  My eyes find his and I find him sucking off the chocolate on his thumb.  He stares me down as he does this, then crosses his arms over his chest and leans against the counter.  My hands grab the mug and I sit down at the dining room room table without another glance at him.  The hot chocolate warms my hands and soothes my throat as I drink it.

Liam and Hayden carefully step into the kitchen, avoiding making eye contact with me.  The two of them reminding me of scolded children trying not to provoke their mom into biting their heads off.  Theo stands near the fridge facing towards Liam across the island, and Hayden stands in my line of vision of Theo.  The three of them barely had time to speak before the sound of someone walking in from the front door made them turn to look.  I could see Scott tilt his head at my presence and the hot chocolate in my hands.  He could clearly smell the sorrow and angst in my chemosignals, it was obvious.  But then he steps in the doorway of the dining room and kitchen and he sets his eyes on Theo.  His chest starts to heave as he tries to control his anger.

Theo glances at Liam before saying, "Somehow I don't think we're gonna hug this out."

Scott takes a shaky breath and says, "I hope you realize it's taking all of my strength to not tear you in half right now."

Malia steps in from the back door just in the nick of time.  I merely glance at her before turning back to my hot chocolate.  I was already dealing with my own shit and didn't need to feel all of their feelings along with it.  Malia makes her presence known to Theo by growling.

"Hey, Malia.  You aren't still upset about the whole shooting thing, are you?" Theo asks, nervously.

I turn just in time to watch Malia's eyes turn blue and for her to roar at him.  She tackles Theo to the ground and starts to pound her fists into his face.  After the second punch, Theo starts to bleed from his nose.  He doesn't even try to block the punches raining down on him repeatedly.

Theo's eyes are closed as he speaks, "It's okay, you don't have to stop."

I choke on my hot chocolate once I hear the familiar lines come out of his lips.  I begin to cough uncontrollably into my arm until it was clear.

"Trust me," Malia says, flicking out her claws.  "I won't."

Theo's eyes widen at the sight of them, now worried about having to defend himself.  However, Liam and Scott pull Malia off of him before she can slash his throat out.

"Malia, enough!" Scott demands.  "Slow down, okay?  He's going back in the ground."

Liam interrupts, "You can't!  He remembers Stiles."

I finish my hot chocolate and rest my head on my hand.  The soothing heat flooding down my throat makes me feel sleepy, but I doubt the amount of crying I've done today has helped.  It takes everything in me to keep my eyes open to listen to the arguments.

Theo grunts as he sits up.

"Scott remembers Stiles.  Lydia and I remember Stiles.  Luna remembers everything about Stiles," Malia defends.

Liam stares back at Scott, "The Dread Doctors knew all about the Wild Hunt.  He can help us."

"Or he could kill us," Scott reminds him.

"He's my responsibility," Liam says.  He points down at Kira's sword in his hands.  "Noshiko gave me the sword."

Theo sighs as he leans against the refrigerator.

"It's so awkward when Mom and Dad fight," he says.

Liam and Scott both yell, "Shut up!"

I laugh out loud through the sleep haze, getting looks from everyone.  Theo chuckles at the sight of my fluttering eyelids.  My wrist begins to hurt from the way it was holding up my head and I place my arm flat on the table to lay on it.

"You both are right," Hayden says.  "If Theo tries anything, we'll send him back to the Skinwalkers.  But for right now-"

Scott wasn't having it, "He goes back now."

"Except Liam's the one with the sword," Theo says.

"Shut up!" All of them yell, startling me from almost falling asleep.

Scott motions Liam into the living room to speak privately.  I can vaguely hear Scott ask him what he was thinking bringing Theo back after everything that I've been going through since he's been gone.  Malia steps towards Theo as Hayden steps in front of her.

"Malia," Hayden says.

Malia asks, "Can you give me a second alone with Theo?"

"Why?"

"So I can kill him," Malia says as if it's obvious.

I mumble under my breath, "youdontwanttodothat."

"Okay, look," Theo starts.  "I know that there's mixed feelings all around."  Malia tilts her head and Hayden just stares at him.  "But I might be your only option to stop the Wild Hunt."

"Let's kill him."

"nononoletsnotdothat," I yawn.  "dontwanttowasteaprettyface."

Then I succumb to the drowsiness.

〰〰〰

third person

Liam and Scott return a few moments after Luna had fallen asleep.  Theo's trying to hide the smile from Luna's words as he stands up.  Malia and Hayden pretend to not have heard what Luna said.  Liam stands in front of Theo, who's leaning against the island, and holds the sword up.

"I can put you back in the ground anytime," Liam reminds him.

"You also need a transformer that can handle five billion joules of electricity," Theo points out.  "I know where to find one and I can show you how it works.  I'll tell you if Malia promises not to kill me."

Theo stares directly at her over Liam's shoulder causing Malia to growl.

"She promises," Liam states.

"No," she corrects, "I don't.  We're really gonna do this?  Trust him?  After killing you and lying about Luna killing his sister and shooting me?"

"You got a better idea?" Hayden asks.

Malia glances at her, "I've got an idea.  It may not be better.  But at least it's not him."

Everyone watches Malia walk out the back door on her own little mission to use anyone but Theo.  Scott sighs and looks at Luna who had her mouth wide open and soft snores were coming out of her mouth.  It had to be the first time she'd been asleep for more than five minutes.  Scared to move her in case she wakes up, Scott goes into the living room to grab a blanket and returns to cover her up.  Finally, he turns to Liam and points at him.

"You get to figure out where your keeping him," he tells him.  "I'm going to bed."

Liam glances at Hayden and Theo.

"I'm not taking him back to my house.  We'll stay in the living room," Liam says.

Theo heads for the living room and drops down on the couch.  He lays on his back, tucking his hands behind his head.

"I haven't slept in forever," he sighs and shuts his eyes.  Liam and Hayden shoot each other annoyed looks before taking a seat on two separate chairs.  Theo waits until their hearts slow and their breaths even out before he sits up.  He knew Luna would get a crick in her neck if she slept like that all through the night, so he gets up and walks into the dining room.  His arms wrap around Luna's torso and under her legs and carries her into the living room.  Luna grabs for something as she feels herself moving, but couldn't care less when she was finally getting the sleep she needed.  She grips Theo's jacket tightly and rubs her cheek against his chest.  Theo chuckles before gently setting her down on the couch.  He pulls the blanket out from under her and covers her body completely.

With her asleep, Theo crouches down in front of the woman he's been waiting to see since the last time he saw her.  His fingers trace the edge of her face, ending with his thumb tugging at her bottom lip and trailing down her chin.  She startles him when she takes a deep breath and turns her head away, still asleep.  Theo smiles at her and leans up to place a chaste kiss on her forehead.  Then, he lays himself flat on the floor right next to the couch, taking a couch pillow to cushion his head as he tries to sleep.

Hi, guys! Luna's finally sleeping! I'm so happy, poor girl hasn't slept for months :(
Sorry for the shorter chapter but the next chapter is a lot better, I think.  Theo's an ass but he missed Luna so much :(
But it's going to take a lot for Luna to finally forgive Theo for what he's done to her.
I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Please vote or comment what you think!
- chelsie

word count: 1772

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.6K 1.7K 20
Harley never questioned many things, especially when it came to her bionics. But ever since her creator came back into her life, she questioned it. T...
196K 3.1K 25
"Hey angel Tell me, do you ever try To come to the other side? Hey angel Tell me, do you ever cry When we waste away our lives?" In which Angelina ha...
68.5K 1.1K 6
What would happen if a girl came up in the maze before Thomas and Teresa. Months before. A young girl wakes up in the maze. She's only 8 years old. S...
386K 7.2K 28
Bellamy/OC (Based on the TV Series 'The 100') "Fighting is all we have left. If we don't fight, we don't survive" I do not own Bellamy Blake, The 10...