The Monster Under My Bed • Pe...

By gisiadakota

[ COMPLETED ] [BOOK HAS BEEN HEAVILY EDITED & IS UNDERGOING MORE EDITING BC 13 Y/O WRITING IS BAD AND I HATE... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 (for real)
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue

Chapter 48

2.1K 47 10
By gisiadakota

"Finally summer vacation has arrived!" Adelaide slammed her cold, metal locker shut to see Claire staring at her in excitement for her previous words. The now 17 year old girl rolled her eyes and pushed her backpack strap further onto her shoulder.

"Yeah, it's too bad my summer is gonna be boring as all hell once you're gone," Claire was leaving for a summer and Adelaide did not hesitate when it came to expressing her hatred towards it. Claire sighed and lightly shoved Adelaide as she leaned against another row of lockers, crossing her arms across her chest and tilting her head back.

"Oh come on Addie! You know I wanted you to come, but your parents said no! Plus I love you babe, but there is no way I'm skipping out on going to London-no matter how embarrassing my parents are," she responded, snorted the last bit and rolling her eyes. Adelaide stood in front of her and the two girls continued speaking for quite some time. "Are we still on for tonight? I mean, I'm leaving in three days and I seriously need them to pack so if I don't come over tonight.. then I won't see you for the whole summer!" Claire continued. Adelaide rolled her eyes again.

"You're only going for a month, Claire," she chuckled at her friend. "And besides, why are you packing so much when it's inevitable you'll be shopping anyways?" She asked, pulling her head back and shaking it slightly, her eyebrows knotting together. Claire threw her hands in the air and Adelaide held the books in her arms closer to her chest.

"I gotta look good while shopping because of the hot British guys!" Claire argued back with a grin.

"What's this about hot British guys?" Adelaide and Claire both turned their heads to see David, Claire's boyfriend of two years, walking over and slinging his arm over her shoulders. Ryan was with him, but Tyler was nowhere to be seen.

"Claire was just talking about her plans for London," Adelaide answered before Claire could, and her friend just stared at her with her mouth hung open. David raised his eyebrow before deciding to look at his girlfriend with a smirk.

"No British guys are going near my girlfriend on my watch, thank you," he said, leaning in and pulling her in for a short makeout session. Adelaide just rolled her eyes and looked away, turning to Ryan. He raised and eyebrow at her and chuckled.

"I know, right?" He asked, glancing at the two teens that were too distracted by one another's tongues to care about what was happening around them. Adelaide laughed and turned to fully face her friend, the two beginning to talk about their plans for the summer.

"I guess you'll be spending all your time with Tyler then?" Ryan asked, his voice sounding distant and his face scrunched up in question. Adelaide tilted her head to the side.

"Well you and I can spend some time alone together too, Ryan," Adelaide said, smiling at him awkwardly. "We're friends," she lightly touched his arm and he just cleared his throat.

"Are you sure your guard dog is okay with that?" He asked, glancing over to their friends that were still clinging to each other.

"Guard dog? Do you mean Tyler? He'd be fine with that, why wouldn't he?" She asked in utter confusion. Ryan just rolled his eyes at her oblivion.

"Seriously Addie? Have you not noticed that you and I haven't been alone together in the passed two year- except maybe when it comes to classes?"

"What? That's not true!"

"Whenever we hang out Tyler doesn't even leave you alone with me to go to the bathroom, he literally waits for me and makes me wait for him," Ryan said in annoyance. Adelaide just shook her head.

"That makes no sense? You're one of my best friends, Ryan," she watched him roll his eyes. "Besides, me and David hang out alone all the time!" She argued, turning to get her other friend's support but stopping herself when she realized his hands were still all over her best friend.

"David has a girlfriend he's clearly interested in, Addie, I don't," Ryan said, gesturing to David and Claire when he spoke about them. Adelaide took in a breath and shook her head.

"Fine then, tomorrow," Adelaide started. "Tyler is busy with his- I don't know I think it's his cousin's wedding, he wasn't exactly sober when we were talking about it," she said. Ryan just waited for her to finish. "Can I come over? We can go out? You can come over to my place?" She asked. This made Ryan smile.

"Sure, we can go out during the day and if you're down you can sleepover at my place, I have a spare room," he said, glancing slightly behind her for a moment and then back to meet her gaze. She just nodded cheerfully in response.

"Yeah definitely, just text me tonight when and where to meet you," she said just as she felt and arm wrap around her waist. She looked up and smiled at Tyler who stared down at her with a big grin on her face.

"Sounds like a plan," Ryan grinned at the girl and Tyler furrowed his brows.

"Are you guys going out without me?" He asked, trying to sound like he was joking but quite clearly sounding annoyed. Adelaide nodded before Ryan had a chance to.

"Yeah, we don't get a lot of time alone together, and besides you're busy tomorrow anyways right?" She said, clearly trying to get her boyfriend to read between the lines and see that she wanted time alone with her friend. Tyler didn't like it, but he didn't want an argument, so he let it be for the time being.

"Yeah, yeah I am, but have fun guys," he smiled and turned back to the girl that caught his heart two years prior to that moment. "Call me tonight, yeah?" He asked her a bit privately, avoiding Ryan's stare. She just nodded and gave a quiet "yeah" before he gave her a quick kiss and looked over at the other two people there with a shocked look on his face. Ryan smiled.

"See, you two are a great example of a good relationship. You aren't over affectionate and obsessed with PDA, you don't shove your tongues down one another's throats," Ryan cleared his throat to look at Claire and David, who were now giving him the side eye. "Like some people," he added, raising his eyebrow as the two finally pulled away.

"Would you prefer walking in on us in the bathroom, Ryan?" Claire shot back, David and Tyler cringing and Adelaide laughing slightly.

"No, no, that's just too weird, by all means, let the world see how infatuated you are with one another," Ryan retorted, and Claire just glared at him. But before she had the chance to answer, Adelaide grabbed her friend and pulled her from David.

"Okay guys well me and Claire have to go, Tyler would you give us a ride?" She asked, making Claire pout.

"No fair! You get to canoodle with your boyfriend in the front seat but I don't?!" She wailed a bit too loudly for the school hallways. Then her and Adelaide proceeded to get into a small cat fight over the topic. Finally Ryan spoke up.

"How about I drive? My dad is out of time so I have his convertible. You can both giggle in the back seat and nobody gets jealous of not seeing the other's boyfriend, sound fair ladies?" He asked, and they both agreed after sharing a glance with their significant others. The girls then shared a quick goodbye, Claire and David's taking longer than Tyler and Adelaide's. Finally they had finished and the two girl's followed Ryan to his car. The girls both got in the back and Ryan backed out of the parking spot as they began to chat.

"So what're we gonna do tonight?" Claire began.

"I thought the usual? I mean my mom bought us each a pint of ice cream and all the Marvel Movies are on Netflix, how about we drool over both Chris Hemsworth and Evans?" Adelaide replied, glancing at an amused Ryan in the front seat who was trying to suppress his laughter at the cliché behaviour the girls were displaying in front of him.

"Oh you know I'm always down, but can we talk about some things for a bit? Because David started doing this thing and part of me likes it, but the other part of me wonders what percentage of crazy it makes me," and with that Claire began to go into an awkward amount of detail without even thinking about her words choice or her volume level.

"Claire, can we maybe avoid the sex life talk until you two are alone and I am way out of earshot, thank you," Ryan spoke up, making eye contact with the redhead in the rear view mirror. She rolled her eyes and sat back with a "hmph" and crossing her arms in protest.

"Fine, Ryan," she turned to watch the passing houses. "Tyler never complains when we talk," she muttered afterwards, making Ryan shift uncomfortably in his seat. An awkward silence fell over the passengers and Ryan just turned up the radio in order to try and relax some of the tension. Eventually they all arrived at Adelaide's place, Claire stepping out immediately with a quick thank you to Ryan before running out. Ryan just rolled his eyes and leaned back to look at Adelaide.

"Sorry about her, you know how easily annoyed she gets," she joked, Ryan barely chuckling.

"Yeah, at least we have that in common," he added his own personal sense of humour, making Adelaide laugh. He smiled at her reaction and watched her carefully as she grabbed her bag.

"Anyways I should get in there before she throws a fit," Adelaide began, stepping out of the car and leaning easily against the side of his, seeing as the car was a convertible. "Text me tonight, yeah? I'm looking forward to tomorrow," she smiled, leaning down more so she was more head level with him.

"For sure, so am I, Addie," he grinned up at her and she leaned down even more and wrapped her arms around his shoulders in an awkward angled hug. He wrapped his arms around her in return, their heads next to one another, but the both of them feeling totally comfortable.

"Bye Ryan," she called out as she started walking away to her front door. He smiled and drove off, and she just opened the front door to see her best friend awaiting impatiently.

"What?" She asked, closing and locking the door behind her.

"Nothing.." she shook her head. "Just remember you still have a boyfriend, Addie," she narrowed her eyes and then raced upstairs to Adelaide's bedroom.

"CLAIRE!" She yelled, her voice echoing throughout the whole house. She chased her friend upstairs and pushed the door open to see her already sprawled out on the bed. "What does that even mean? We're both friends with Ryan," she asked, sitting on the bed next to her and throwing her back across the room.

"Seriously? Don't tell me you've not noticed it yet," Claire said, staring at her from her lying down position.

"Not noticed what?"

"Ever since you and Tyler started dating.. Ryan's been distance. Y'know.. like it almost hurts him to see you two together," Claire stated, propping herself up on her elbows and tilting her head at the dumbfounded girl in front of her.

"What? No, that's not true!"

"Funny, you said those exact words to Ryan earlier when he was talking to you about never having alone time," Claire retorted, putting an emphasis on the word "alone." Adelaide just rolled her eyes and threw a pillow at her best friend. "Ok ok sorry! Anyways, about the David thing I was telling you before I was so rudely interrupted by he who shall not be spoken of," Claire began, laying down some light humour at Adelaide's resistance when it came to talking about Ryan. That described the next three and a half hours of Adelaide's life as the girls talked and simultaneously did cliché girly things such and painting their nails, brushing their hair, trying on clothes and scrolling through their phones.

Later that night, when it was dark out, they had started their marathon and were throwing their popcorn at the screen. Adelaide angrily turned her head to the window and jumped a mile when she thought she saw someone in the tree.

"Claire, did you see that?"

"See what? I'm admiring the Chris',"

"I thought I saw a person outside,"

"All I'm seeing is a lot of beautiful people named Chris,"

"Claire I'm serious, pause the movie!"

"But Chris and Chris!"

"Claire!"

"Okay, okay!"

Adelaide stood up and walked to her window, staring outside. She didn't know what it was, and she didn't exactly recognize the person, but she felt as though they were familiar.

"Are you sure you saw a person? We're two stories up and you don't even have a tree in front of your house," Claire said, sitting up from her place on Adelaide's beanbag chair and following the girl to the window.

"Yeah! And.. I don't know, it felt familiar- I can't describe it!" Adelaide started, but Claire rolled her eyes.

"Oh come on Adelaide, do you think you have a stalker? It's probably just Tyler or David or worse, Ryan," Claire retorted, pushing passed Adelaide and opening the window.

"No, Claire what if it's actually some random pedophile watching us?" Adelaide argued, trying to pull the large window shut.

"Oh come on Addie, you seriously think that?" Claire pushed her friend away and opened the window again. "HEY, WHICH ONE OF YOU BOYS IS OUT THERE?!" She screamed, making Adelaide absolutely lose her shit.

"Claire are you crazy?!" Adelaide screamed, trying to shut the window but being blocked completely by Claire.

"David? Tyler? Ryan?" Claire yelled out, but there was no response. The girls stared out into the darkness without a sound when suddenly they heard a twig snap. Adelaide let out a scream and ran back to the hallway, but Claire just looked outside and rolled her eyes when she saw a raccoon crawling across the yard. "Adelaide get your ass back here, it was a raccoon!" Claire called out to her friend, who sheepishly walked back to the window. Claire was watching her friend, who looked outside and widened her eyes.

"He's right there!" She pointed, making Claire look back down quickly.

"Adelaide there's nobody there!" Claire yelled, but Adelaide could've sworn she saw a pair of green eyes staring up at her. "Come on, let's just get back to the movie," Claire said, but Adelaide just looked outside uneasily. This made Claire scoff and close the window. "Oh my god Adelaide I'm calling David and Tyler, maybe you'll shut up if they're here," Claire began, grabbing Adelaide's phone. But Adelaide was too busy searching for those green eyes that had captivated her for what seemed to be the first time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I know, I know, annoying teenage drama that nobody wants to read. But I need fillers for plotlines and halfway through writing I realized my original idea wasn't going to work so I sort of just went with it. Even though there isn't much Pan, I hope you enjoy the little green eyes bit and the dead sense of humour I have :))

Sooooo it's 2am and I'm writing the last few chapters of this book all tonight and possibly working on the trailer tomorrow (lmao more like later today) or perhaps I'm gonna sleep the whole day hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sorry if this chapter was boring but I tried to create some past tension and get more of a feel of the parts of Adelaide's life that she had to leave behind: her loving, jealous boyfriend, Tyler, her best friend whos sarcastic comments make her more like a sister, Claire, her best friend's boyfriend and her best boy friend who's quite obviously in love with her lmaoooo

I won't keep you guys reading too much but I will say that I'm writing everything tonight, but will post them every other day or every few days because I don't want you all sleep deprived from long chapters, and I don't want you coming at me for what I put in the chapters + I fuckin' love cliffhangers

Love y'all whomever you may be!! Xx :D

-R

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.8K 672 43
Ok I'm not good a descriptions and I have other stories if unwanted to read , this may have inappropriate content for some kids . This is the story...
401K 8.1K 66
((this book is most likely RUBBISH because I started it when I was younger and worse at writing!! Also I am renovating some chapters so it might not...
20.9K 761 10
In which a boy who thinks he controls everything meets the girl who actually does. --- Peter Pan is king of Neverland, a mystical island of his own c...
162K 2.8K 100
!Book one out of four! There is a part two to this book you don't have to read it but if you would like to it's called "My princess to the Black Wido...