War Bonds (ON HIATUS)

By TFthelife19

He lost it all, his family, his home, his friends. Was there any hope left for him? Was there anything for hi... More

Chapter 1: Rebirth in the ashes
Chapter 3: Memories and friendship
Chapter 4: Waves of guilt
Chapter 6: Close in the training room
Chapter 5: A new role
Chapter 7: What best friends are for
Chapter 8: A busy morning
Chapter 9: Hard to let go
Chapter 10: The beginning of the silence
Chapter 11: The loss of something valuable
Chapter 12: The aftermath

Chapter 2: Welcome to the family

1.7K 43 52
By TFthelife19

Outside the former city stood a fortress, the Autobot headquarters where Optimus Prime himself and his elite Autobot warriors resided as they spent their joors protecting the planet.

Today, the base was bustling with Autobots entering and leaving with the wounded and supplies gained and collected from war torn city or what was left of the place after the Decepticons tore through it. Refugees were being bustled out to be sent to the few remaining refugee camps scattered across the planet or on transport ships to off planet settlements on Cybertron's moons.

Inside the base, the bustling noise of metallic steps and conversations filled the halls and rooms. The cafeteria was crowded with warriors downing their energon rations. Soldiers could be heard relating stories from recent battles or displaying off new scars.

"So with my blaster..."

"That con didn't even know who the frag he was dealing with..."

"Look at this cool new scar!"

"My commanding officer said I have real potential out there..."

"Did you see Commander Ironhide? So epic!"

"And the Second in Command's ninja moves ripped through those pathetic Cons!"

Past this boisterous chatter was the long winding and unwelcoming hallway to the medical wing. Here was where the infamous chief medic Ratchet worked with the female medic Red Alert and their team of medics who worked under their command. The med bay was Ratchet's domain, commanders and warriors alike feared and respected the medic in his kingdom. Even Primes were not immune to the brutal rule of the chief Autobot medic.

Today, the area was relatively quiet with most of the battle wounds taken care of in the last seven orns. Now, only a few injured remained on the hospital berths awaiting their freedom.

In a corner sat a young femme, a youngling, who watched the soldiers coming in. She was a navy blue color with a with pink accents and a pretty petite body. She sat bored with a datapad in her small servos. Ratchet took the supplies coming in and began to take a count of the new supplies, barking out the list to another medic who hurriedly recorded the numbers. He nodded and directed the soldiers carrying the different items while adding notes to a datapad in his own servo.

Without raising his optics he stated firmly:

"Arcee, get your optics off the warriors and back to the datapad in front of you."

The youngling straightened before scowling and grumbling over having to be watched over by the medic. She was here because Elita and Chromia, her adoptive mother and aunt who had taken her in after they had found her abandoned as a sparkling and had been watching over her in the Autobot base, were off on recon. So now she was stuck here in the dreaded med bay.

Ratchet glanced over at her before stepping over to the youngling. He leaned down and began addressing her sternly:

"Now Arcee, you know that Elita and Chromia want you to learn more about Cybertronian history. Well, at least Elita and Optimus want you to learn more. Chromia would be happy if you could shoot whatever moves. But you know we expect this education from a sparkling growing up under the care of the sparkmate to the Prime. Fact is, all Autobots whether civilian or warrior class need to understand the history of its planet to truly understand the war. Anyway, don't you want to make them happy?"

Arcee nodded reluctantly.

"And don't you want to be an Autobot warrior like Elita and Chromia?" he demanded, his arms crossed.

She perked up at the mention of warrior and nodded. All her life she had reveled in the magnificent stories about the battles and wars fought across their planet. She had heard about Optimus Prime's many stands against Megatron, Elita and Chromia's deadly skill with their strike team, Ironhide's penchant for destruction, and Arcee had seen the glorious celebration of the Autobot victories. It really was no surprise to anyone that her dream was to become a great Autobot fighter and fight in the war alongside the legendary Autobots she admired and idolized.

The medic smirked slightly:

"Good, then get back to reading this datapad. And I want a summary in a joor."

And with that he lifted her servo and pressed the discarded datapad back into her small servo. She huffed and frowned but finally began to read from the screen before her. Ratchet smiles and pats her helm knowing it would annoy the feisty youngling. He then turned back to two soldiers right at the time they decided to drop two cartons of supplies on the floor.

"We need those you unweildy bots!" he snapped as he whipped out to wrenches in both servos and deftly swung them at the two soldiers.

With the aim of a trained knife thrower, his wrenches hit both Autobot warriors squarely on the helm just above the optics.

"Ow! Sorry, Commander Ratchet!" one of them yelped.

"It won't happen again, sir!" the other promised as he rubbed his helm.

"See that it doesn't"! Ratchet glowered "Now get out!"

The warriors didn't need to be told twice.

"Ratchet, if you keep scaring away the bots, we won't have an army "Ironhide smirked as he stomped in, Optimus at his side.

Bumblebee stumbled behind them, his optics looking at the area in apprehencion.

Ratchet turned to glare at the weapons master before his optics notice the youngling standing with them. He looks up to Optimus and groans:

"Not another orphan Optimus!"

The Prime nodded sadly:

"I'm afraid so. We found this little one hiding under the rubble."

Ratchet sighed before coming closer. Bumblebee, startled by the hard stare of the medic, ran for cover behind Ironhide. Ironhide glances down at him:

"Come on out kid, there's nothing to fear here."

"Bumblebee, Ratchet is here to help. No harm will come to you. You are among friends" Optimus gently said.

Bumblebee glanced up and nodded slowly as he stepped from around Ironhide to gaze up at Ratchet. Ratchet seemed amused as he bent down:

"So he knows my reputation already?"

"The running bots from your med bay made it pretty obvious" Ironhide smirked.

The medic ignored him as he lifted the yellow youngling with uncharacteristic gentleness and placed him on the berth closest to him. Bumblebee looked up at him as Ratchet raised his servo and explained:

"I'm going to scan you, this won't hurt I promise."

The youngling managed a soft "Okay."

He then scanned the young Cybertronian and checked his vitals.

"His energon levels are severely low, but nothing a good ration of energon can't fix" he reported.

"You hear that kid? Ironhide smiled, Ratchet's not going to have to go all Docbot on you!"

"Ironhide, don't make me use the wrench on you!" Ratchet threatened.

"No, anything but the wrench!" Ironhide begged mockingly "Optimus, tell him not to use the mighty wrench!"

Optimus seemed amused but before he could speak Bumblebee started giggling.

Ratchet turned with mock anger;

"You dare to question the power of the wrench, child?"

The yellow youngling immediately stopped and shook his helm, but the effort seemed weak.

"I believe you said Bumblebee needed energon" Optimus reminded the chief medic.

The medic turned to Arcee:

"Arcee, fetch some energon for the youngling. Make sure it is the energon intended to for the malnourished younglings."

Arcee had long since put the datapad down and was watching the new youngling since he arrived with Optimus Prime and Ironhide. She suddenly started and nodded to Ratchet before running out of the med bay.

She rushed pass the throng of Autobots down the hallway that lead to the cafe. Just as she reached the door to the cafeteria, she was halted by two Autobot teens. They were orphan brothers who had grown up on the base like she had but were older by a couple of stellar-cycles. They were twins with identical appearances with the only one difference and that was that one brother was vibrant gold color and the other was a shiny silver color.

They smirked down at her before each grabbed her servo and lifted her up so that she was hanging above the floor.

"Let me go!" She yelled.

"Where do you think you're going in such a hurry?" the gold one demanded with a devious smile.

"Are you running away from Ratchet again?" the silver one offered.

"Let me go!" she demanded again and attempted to kick one of the brothers.

"Hey watch it! I just got a new finish!" the gold one protested.

"No" she retorted stubbornly before continuing her struggle.

"She's so cute when she's mad, isn't she Sunny?" the silver one mused.

"That's why it's so fun to annoy her up!" the one called Sunny said happily.

Arcee finally stopped struggling as Sides commented:

"Hah! She tired herself out!"

She glared up at the two brothers:

"If I tell you will you let me go?"

"Maybe" Sunny replied "Depends on my mood."

"Fine" she huffed "Optimus Prime and Ironhide brought in a new orphan youngling and he's really weak and needs energon."

The two brothers immediately sobered, with Sides saying:

"Another one found abandoned?"

Arcee nodded.

"Okay, you can g" Sunny said as the two brothers dropped her on the ground.

"Ow!" she yelped "I'll get you for that Sideswipe and Sunstreaker!"

"Yeah, maybe when you're older kid" the one named Sunstreaker said as he and his brother walked away laughing.

"Let us know when we can meet the new kid!" Sideswipe called out "I'd like to welcome him to the base personally."

"Little glitch, I will-" Arcee muttered.

"What was that?" they asked knowing that Arcee wasn't allowed to use bad language.

"Nothing" she said quickly before escaping to the cafe.

A few moments later, she ran out with the energon ration in her servos and stumbled into a silver and pink femme.

"Sorry" she muttered before looked up into the face of the femme commander Elita One "Elita! I wasn't watching..."

"That's fine dear" she said gently before glancing down at the sparkling with an amused glance "What's got you in such a hurry? I'm sure Ratchet wasn't that bad."

"Why does everyone keep saying that?" Arcee muttered before answering "They found a youngling today at the battle site and Ratchet sent me to get some energon."

Elita nodded before asking:

"Another orphan?"

Arcee nodded.

Elita sighed sadly and gazed upwards;

"Primus end this war."

The blue female Autobot gazed up, her optics worried.

The female commander forced a smile;

"Let's go meet this new youngling!"

She reached down and picked up Arcee;

"This way you won't crash into anyone along the way."

Once they reached the med bay, Elita leaned down to placed Arcee on the ground. The entered the med bay where Ironhide and Optimus were deep in conversation as Ratchet logged something on a datapad. Elita greeted the three and smiled affectionately at Optimus before turning towards the new arrival. The small youngling was laying weakly on the berth but his optics widened at the new arrivals. He brought his helm up to gaze up at Elita One in wonder.

She smiled as she placed a servo gently on his helm;

"Welcome, little one. If there is anything you need do not hesitate to ask."

The small Cybertronian nodded and smiled softly to the female commander.

"You're in good servos" she added with a smirk "Despite his rough exterior, Ratchet does have a gentle spark on the inside."

The medic scowled.

Elita walked back to Optimus and Ironhide,

"I reported to Prowl with the details of our recon."

"Any trouble?" Ironhide asked.

"Unfortunately for Chromia, no" Elita remarked "The Decepticons are long gone."

"Probably to regroup for another strike in the coming mega-cycles" Optimus noted.

Ironhide grunted:

"Not here, they laid the city to waste."

"Scouts reported that the Decepticons were seen heading towards the energon mines near the southern part of Cybertron" Optimus added.

"They might be refueling or they want to cut us off" Elita guessed and saw that Optimus was thinking the same.

"We'll raise the guards and send Autobots to defend the mines then" he agreed.

"In the meantime, what do we do with the kid?" Ironhide asked.

"Records show that his only living relatives or at least caretakers were living in the city and no doubt perished in the attack" Optimus reported "He has no relatives remaining and no one to care for him. He is completely on his own."

"What are you suggesting, Prime?" Ironhide asked gruffly.

"Let him regain his strength and see how he adjusts to his new circumstances "Optimus decided "Then we can decided what to do with Bumblebee."

Elita and Ironhide nodded as Ratchet snapped:

"My med bay needs to be quiet and peaceful! The youngling needs to rest!"

Ironhide rolled his optics as Optimus agreed with the medic;

"Indeed, we are overwhelming the youngling."

The Prime and his two companions exited the area, leaving Ratchet with the two younglings.

Meanwhile, Arcee had grabbed a box to sit on and had handed the energon cube to the youngling's servos.

The youngling blinked at the energon ration as she said brightly:

"Here, this will make you feel better in no time!"

He muttered a soft thank you and downed the entire cube in a matter of nano-clicks.

"Arcee, get back to Reading" the medic ordered before turning to Bumblebee "You'll be better after some rest and energon. I'll check on you again later."

Immediately, he felt strong enough to sit up and look around the area. His optics settled on Arcee who was sitting near him reading a datapad while Ratchet was working on with a female medic on one of the more severely wounded left from the battle.

He watched the female youngling for a moment who was scowling at the datapad as if it had done something offensive to her.

"What's so awful?" he asked suddenly.

She looked up surprised but then walks over to him and shows him;

"It's history. I hate history."

He giggled:

"It can't be that bad."

She groaned;

"Yes it can! I can't move from this spot all day until I finish reading this!"

The yellow youngling giggled some more.

Arcee's scowl turned into a smile.

The male youngling stopped giggling and smiled widely at her;

"I used to go to an academy before..."

He faltered and his optics lowered.

Arcee placed a servo on his shoulder;

"Hey, you want to read this with me? Maybe later we can play a game."

This seemed to cheer up the youngling who answered:

"Okay."

The femme smiled before saying:

"By the way, I'm Arcee."

"Pretty name" he remarked.

Arcee frowned;

"No, it's not supposed to be pretty! It's supposed to be scary and strike fear into the sparks of all those Cons out there!"

The yellow bot quickly scooted away;

"Scary, got it."

Satisfied, Arcee asked:

"What's your designation?"

"Bumblebee"

Arcee studied him for a moment;

"Not very threatening for an Autobot, but maybe you can trick your enemies by being cute."

Bumblebee seemed confused;

"Huh?"

"Don't you want to be an Autobot"? she asked.

He shrugged;

"I guess, but I don't even know if I'll stay here."

Arcee responded confidently while placing servo on his shoulder;

"Of course you will! Optimus always keeps the younglings he finds here. We're a family and any orphans are welcome!"

Bumblebee brightened at that.

And with that, a friendship was born.

...

A week later, and Ratchet had finally deemed Bumblebee healthy enough to leave the med bay.

"But take it slow, Bumblebee. No rough housing!" he ordered "Or else."

"Yes, sir" Bumblebee said quickly as he shrunk away from the medic.

"Meh, don't mind him" Arcee said as she walked over "He's a big softie. That's what Ironhide and Chromia say."

"Silence! Or I will have you read another datapad for today" Ratchet threatened.

"Right" Arcee said quickly.

Ratchet kept his stern expression;

"Now get out and stay out of my med bay!"

They didn't need to be told twice. Arcee grabbed Bumblebee's servo and they ran as fast as they could out the med bay.

"Come on, you gotta meet the others" Arcee said as they ran around hallways, running under the Autobot soldiers as they made their escape.

They reached one of the hallways with the berthrooms for the Autobots including a nursery for the sparklings found.

Sunstreaker and Sideswipe were just exiting their room when they noticed the two younglings.

"Well, what do we have here?" Sunstreaker asked jovially.

- A new youngling to torment, I mean take care of" Sideswipe added.

Arcee rolled her optics;

"That's Sideswipe and Sunstreaker. They're twins and the most annoying glitches you'll ever meet."

"Language, Arcee!" Sideswipe admonished. "What would Elita think?"

Arcee narrowed her optics;

"You tell her, and I'll tell Ironhide and Optimus about the pranks you pulled on Prowl and Ultra Magnus last week."

This sobered the twins.

"You wouldn't!" Sunstreaker exclaimed.

"Yes I would" Arcee boasted triumphantly.

"You know what, we heard nothing" Sideswipe said quickly "Right, Sunny?"

"Right as always, bro" Sunstreaker responded.

They waved goodbye and made a hasty exit.

Bumblebee turned to his new friend;

"Scary"

She smiled proudly;

"Thanks. Now come on, you have to meet the sparklings Mudflap and Skids. It's my job to look out for them. Optimus told me it was my duty and part in the war to do my part for the family."

"Cool" Bumblebee said.

"It's all I can do before I can start training to fight, but Elita said every bit Counts" Arcee said "And she said that you can help too! Cause you're part of the family too!"

Bumblebee's optics widened;

"Really?"

"Yeah!" Arcee answered smiling widely.

The yellow youngling broke into the widest grin she'd seen since they'd met, and he said quietly, "Family."

"Yeah, family" the femme repeated before grabbing his servo. Now come on!
Unbeknownst to the two younglings, Optimus Prime was listening along with Chromia and Ironhide.

"Bumblebee seems to be adjusting well" the Prime stated approvingly.

"He still needs someone to take care of him personally, to raise him" Ironhide pointed out.

"We'll do it" Chromia suddenly said.

Optimus's optics widened slightly but it was Ironhide who practically exploded:

"You want a sparkling! Since when?"

The normally trigger friendly femme looked up to her sparkmate with a surprisingly gentle expression;

"You know I've always wanted a sparkling, but it's never been possible with the war."

Ironhide looked down in shame, knowing his sparkmate's bitterness over the war robbing them of any chance of a family. The war robbed the chance for any of the Autobots to have families.

"He seems like he's a good bot who will stay out of trouble and is in need of some parental figures" Chromia pointed out "Plus, haven't you always told me you wanted a sparkling so you can teach them how to kill cons?"

"How heartwarming of you" Elita cut in playfully as she walked over to them "Violent tendencies aside, I think it's a good idea, Bumblebee already feels connected to us and he seems especially attached to Hide."

Ironhide's seemed surprised at this and as he turned to Chromia who had hopeful optics trained on him, he knew what he was going to say. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to have a sparkling to take care of. Maybe it would be nice to have someone to come home to after the battles, a little innocence left in all this corruption.

He finally conceded:

"Fine, he can stay with us."

Chromia smiled;

"Great! Now let's go make his first blaster as a welcoming gift!"

Her sparkmate smiled at that as Optimus and Elita firmly said:

"Absolutely not."

The two Autobots scowled:

"You take away all the fun."

Optimus smiled softly at his comrades;

"Then it's settled. Today, Bumblebee becomes an official member of the Autobots."

"If he's going to be my son, he's going to be one of the best warriors the Decepticons will ever see" Ironhide boasted as he brought a fist to his chassis.

Chromia seconded this promise.

"Primus help us all if you become anything like his parents" Elita muttered "Maybe we should rethink this?"

"Perhaps" Optimus replied in good humor "But let'snot spoil their fun."

... 

***Second chapter done***

Hope you enjoy :)

Until next time! This is TFthelife signing off!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.1K 717 9
Team Prime encounters the mysterious "right hand" of Megatron named Liberator who proceeds to exploit all of their weaknesses and strategically defea...
1.8K 180 9
**Second Book in Series** Several weeks from the incident that nearly lost his one and only daughter, Optimus Prime now carries within him the very s...
37.4K 1.3K 51
The final instalment of the Transformers Prime Series. Amanda Beckett knew the battle wasn't over, but she wasn't ready to fight again. Jack Darby s...
5.7K 218 15
An alternate ending to Starscream after Predacons Rising. After Starscream supposedly died by the Predacons, he's given a second chance and travels b...