Midnight Luna (#Wattys2015)

By _LightBringer_

Outcast. Bullied. Hated. Rejected. This was Hailey Johnson's life and she hated it. She takes a stand and dec... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Author's Note

Chapter Twenty-Nine

11.7K 324 21
By _LightBringer_

Hailey's POV

This day was one that I would always remember. The sun was up showering us with it beautiful yellow rays and the wind blew steadily making the air feel cool and pleasant. I smiled feeling that the weather knew that I was in a happy mood today. A permanent smile decorated my face as I looked at the happy and health boy in front of me.

"So how are you feeling about going out with him?" Nate asked, teasing me with every word. I couldn't hold the blush that emerged on my cheeks again. How embarrassing. I put on my best poker face and looked at him blankly.

"What's that supposed to mean? It's just a casual thing and I owe him one." I replied. Nate smiled knowingly and gave me his I-know-it-all smile. I was sure Esther told him about this 'casual' meeting with Zach

"Anyways enough about me how are you?" I asked as I studied his face. He smiled and put his hand over mine. "I am perfectly fine. You don't have to worry about me Hails."

"Oh I am not worried. After you got Esther you have totally forgotten me." I faked hurt, wiping an imaginary tear of my face. His face fell and it really was comical to see him totally shocked. Gosh I'm an evil person.

"I have not. You know you will always be my choice. No one will ever come between us." He said with so much sincerity that I was overwhelmed. He was just the perfect person anyone would ever need. I love him so much. "I love you Nate. I really do. I wouldn't know what my life would turn out if you were not there by my side."

"I love you more, baby girl. But enough, you need to leave. Get ready you just got an hour left for this casual meeting you have with Zach." He teased. I shrugged. "You just want to kick me out because Esther will be back anytime soon. Why it has come down to this." I pouted as he snickered giving me his million dollar grin. I smiled, kissed his cheek and bid him goodbye. As I stepped out the door I came face to face with Esther.

I agree I haven't exactly forgiven her but I appreciate the effort she made for Nate. "Hi Esther, fancy seeing you here. Did you lose your way?" I asked my voice dripping with humor. Her face changed into a dark shade of red reminding me of myself. I giggled. "Go on he is waiting for you." She nodded and mumbled a 'thanks'. Well she is really a shy type, just the type of girl meant for Nate. The gods have indeed done something right this time.

Just then my phone buzzed in my back pocket indicating I just received a text. I took it out and saw that it was from an unknown number. Curiously I opened it and my smile widened.

"Hey I just wanted to check up on you. I can't wait any longer; wish the time would just go faster. Really looking forward to seeing you. Do wear comfortable clothes. -Zach

I giggled. I was glad to know he felt the same way as me. My insides felt all tingly inside, what the hell was wrong with me. I need to take this slow. Composing myself I told my overly excited wolf to calm down. This was a test to see if Zach was worthy of my forgiveness. I need to know that he has changed before I give him my heart completely because I was absolutely sure I wouldn't survive another rejection. I couldn't let myself be vulnerable yet. I was independent and so far I have done well.

I feel the same too. See you later. - Hailey.

Stuffing my phone in my pocket I hurried back to my room.

****

So here I was, in my room staring at my reflection whilst waiting for the clock to struck 6. I had on a simple outfit consisting of a black slim fit jeans and blue tank top. Over it I put on white crop-top with gold designs on it and paired it with my black converse. I had on light make up and left my hair down, letting the natural curls fall perfectly. Was it enough not that needed any approval, but was this what one would wear on a date.

"Well, look who's all insecure now. The mighty Hailey doubts her dressing." My wolf spoke up with sarcasm.

"Oh shush. You really have a habit of appearing at wrong times. And no I am perfectly confident about my clothes." I grumbled lifting my chin up.

"Well I don't care as long as I have my mate with me." She stated. I just growled lowly knowing very well that if she had her way she would go butt naked in front of him. Bloody wolf hormones. I swear one day she will make me look like a complete fool in front of Zach.

The phone beeped and I quickly opened it. As expected it was from him. The clock read 5:59pm. Wow he really is punctual.

"Hey. I hope you're ready? I am waiting at the front door. - Zach

"Okay. Be there in two. - Hailey.

I took one last glance at myself and then quickly made my way down. I skipped down the stairs excitement increasing in every step. But my smile faltered when I saw Liam near the first floor stairs. He was reading something on his phone but lifted his head when I neared him. I had completely forgotten about him. Not once did he ever cross my mind and that brought guilt within me. I was a horrible person. How could I forget about the one person who did so much for me and never expected anything in return?

As his eyes met mine his face broke into a beautiful smile. I smiled back but I was sure it didn't reach my eyes. He walked up to me and took me into his arms. His warm arms no longer felt familiar. It no longer made me safe. I felt as if I was in a stranger's arm. My wolf was uncomfortable and she wanted to step away but I couldn't do that to him, so I hugged him back awkwardly.

"Hailey, Nate is alright. I am so glad and it's all thanks to you. I have never been so happy in my life. Everything will be alright." He beamed. It was clear on his face that hearing about Nate's recovery has brought relief into his eyes. I nodded at him. He reached for my hand and kissed it, but I felt nothing. He didn't have any effect on me. Tears formed in my eyes as the guilt filled me to the brim. And this was one of the many times I wished I had never meet him.

"Hey Hailey, I'm right here. Everything is okay. We're okay. Here come with me we'll find a place where we can talk." He said smiling down at me with love and kindness. And that brought more tears in my eyes which gradually fell onto my cheeks. I slowly pulled back my hand from his hold and watched his expression change into confusion.

"Liam I can't go with you." I said in despair. "Why not? Do you have plans?" He asked eyeing me clothes curiously. I could only manage a nod. "Oh, with who?" He asked trying to appear relaxed when I knew he was hurt at my refusal. I just looked at him with sadness and watched as realization dawn on his handsome features. "You are going out with Zach." He stated saying Zach's name venomously. I felt the urge to snap at him but I held back because the sadness behind those eyes tore at my heart and I couldn't say a thing. His hands turned into fists that looked so tight that I could see drops of blood oozing out.

"Liam I wanted-." I began as I went to touch his hand but he shook his head and stepped back. "Save it." And he turned walking away from me. More tears fell with every step he took, but my eyes were fixed onto his tense back until it disappeared. I stood there staring at nothing, wishing that things were different. He hates me, and I deserve it. I could never have had a future with him, yet I ignored it and made him love me. And now it has come this. His angry face was etched permanently in my mind. I don't deserve to be happy when I have caused good people so much pain. I held the railing suddenly feeling weak.

"Don't do this Hails. He also knew this day would come. Don't beat yourself up. You deserve a chance in love." My wolf whispered mentally cooing at me. And right on time my pocket started vibrating and it took me a while to register that my phone was buzzing. The caller was Zach and reluctantly I picked it up and placed it near my ear.

"Hailey are you alright." The worry in his voice made all my insecurities run out the window. His sweet husky voice made me feel happy and complete. The guilt lessened and I felt surer that what I was doing was right.

"Hailey you there? Gosh you're scaring me." His voice was slow as if scared of the reply.

"Zach." I whispered.

"Oh thank god. I thought you had second thoughts."He coughed and I could distinctly hear the relief in his voice and that made the corners of my lips lift up.

"No Zach. I would never have second thoughts about you." I said determined that this was a chance I got from Luna and I wouldn't let it go to waste.

"I'll be down in a second." I said with a little enthusiasm.

"Okay." He answered lovingly.

Putting my phone in I wiped my eyes and touched my hair making sure I looked my best. Taking a deep breath I walked down the last stairs and came face to face with him. His silver orbs danced with excitement and love. His smile was breathtaking and made my heart do a flip. His hair was gelled to perfection and he had on a white button down shirt with the sleeves rolled to the elbows showing his well toned forearms and blue jeans with black vans. Even this simple outfit looked stunning on him. The first three buttons on the top were left open given me a wonderful view of his hard chest and the shirt did nothing to cover his strong abs.

As his eyes roamed my body I felt self conscious. I looked nowhere as good as him. His eyes meet mine again and I felt my feet go Jell-o. He reached out his hand and I slowly put mine in it. His hold was strong, firm yet gentle. I felt warm and fuzzy inside and the electricity did nothing to subside it.

He pulled me against his chest and tucked a lose strand behind my ears, making me burn with his touch. "You look amazing tonight, little piggy."

I gawked at that absurd name, yet couldn't stop the blush from showing itself. "Really Zach, we aren't school kids anymore." I pouted. He grinned and leaned near my ears.

"Well I don't care. That was and always will be your name for me." He said. I smiled as I recalled our kindergarten life, when we were, well, enemies he would call me little piggy just to get me all angry. And it would end up with me running after him with a stick as he laughed his ass off.

"Well if that is what you want then, thank you diaper baby." I laughed as his jaw touched the ground. His arms tightened around me and I held the gasp from leaving my mouth. "He didn't tell you. Did he?" He asked with disbelief. I just nodded and giggled uncontrollable.

"I will not leave him." He growled. "Hey you will do nothing to my brother. He told me long ago and that was by sheer accident." He playfully glared at me.

"Okay I'll make you a deal. These names remain just between us." He asked with desperately and it took all my will to not 'aww' at him. I drew a cross over my heart and said with a straight face, "Cross my heart and hope to die." He grinned and tugged at my hand. "Then let's continue this awesome day that I have, I must say, with great effort planned for us." He said wiping an invisible sweat off his brow.

I giggled as he led me outside towards his truck all the while holding my hand in a loving and gentle manner. The evening looked promising and all thoughts about Liam or Logan or the war just vanished letting me live this moment to the fullest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 802 13
// Completed // Spencer Croft is the Beta of the Wolfe Creek pack and future Luna of it. But after having spent the last four years fighting in the...
1.3M 35.1K 26
Zac Moon was the soon to be alpha of the Blood Moon pack. He was a typical player; using girls and treating them like toys. He never wanted a mate s...
3.2M 92K 29
{Completed} Jessie Brown once had a normal life, a normal family, friends and a pack. But a hurricane swept over her life and completely turned every...
584K 12.9K 21
Emeli and Derek have been best friends ever since they could remember. Derek being the future alpha of the Shadow Moon Pack and her twin brother bein...