Rekindle; {Kyrie Irving, Sequ...

By stargirl_2017

•"Lets rekindle that fire that we once had..the fire that I never let go of.." •"You can't rekindle something... More

Welcome Back;
Catch Up;
Work;
Regret;
Official;
You Again?;
Confusion;
Stalker;
No More 'Us';
Let's Go Out;
Savior;
Call Him;
Love and Basketball;

Reunion;

664 28 5
By stargirl_2017

I smiled as I looked in the mirror, content with what I was wearing which was just one of Kai's oversized shirts and some high-heeled boots.

I tied my hair up in a high bun and applied some lipstick before I felt hands wrap around my waist. I chuckled and turned around.
"I'm getting ready."

"You look ready to me." He mumbled with a smile before kissing my lips.

"You sure I look alright?"

He nodded.
"You look perfect baby."

I smiled and put my lipstick down.
"Alright. Let's go watch a basketball game."

———————————

As we walked throughout the crowded arena, Kai quickly found our seats on the side of the court. It gave a full view of the court and both benches. I scanned the arena and saw a few of the Celtics players shooting the ball around and others were signing autographs.
No Kyrie in sight..thank god..
As we got to our seats he turned to me.
"I'm going to get some popcorn. Want anything?"

I shook my head.
"No, thank you."

He nodded.
"Okay. I'll be right back."

I nodded back and looked over to the seats near the Cavs bench to see Savannah sitting down with another friend. I walked over with a smile and her eyes, as well as her smile, widened. She stood up and walked over to me, engulfing me in a hug.
"Paris! Oh my god!"

"Hey Savannah!" I smiled, hugging back.

"How are you?" She asked, sitting down.

"I'm fine."

"How's Boston treating you?"

"It's been treating me well. I love it here."

She nodded.
"I..I never got to ask but what happened with Kyrie?"

I sighed.
"We..we just didn't work out. I mean, we're both happy now. He has a kid and I have someone I like right now, so some things just aren't meant to be."

She nodded again.

"How is LeBron? I know the Kyrie news kind of shocked him."

She sighed.
"It did. The team is not the same without him but..my husband can handle any challenge thrown at him so.."

I nodded, looking over to see that Kai had came back to our seat with two full hands of popcorn. I chuckled and turned back to Savannah.
"I have to go but it was nice seeing you again."

She gave me one last hug and smiled.
"It was nice seeing you too."

I walked back onto the court, sitting next to Kai.
"You brought two bags?"

He turned to me as I grabbed a handful out of my bag.
"I knew if I didn't, then you'd just eat all of mine."

I slightly pushed him.
"Not true!"

"Remember when we went to the movies to see-"

"The Incredibles 2." I chuckled, thinking back to the time we sat in a movie theater full of toddlers and preteens.

"Yeah and you ate all my popcorn then fell asleep in my arms.."

I smiled.
"That was one time!"

"I have plenty more examples of that babygirl." He smiled, placing his arm around mine.

Kyrie

I dribbled the basketball out of the tunnel with Jayson following behind me.

"You ready man?" He asked, shooting he basketball up with ease.

I nodded.
"Yeah. I know we can win this easily."

He nodded and smiled.
"I like the confidence Uncle Drew."

I smiled and looked over to see Kehlani walking from the tunnel with Amour in her hands. I raised an eyebrow and walked over.
"What are you doing here?"

"We just wanted to see you. Is something wrong with that?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

I sighed. I didn't mind Amour being here, but Kehlani too...I didn't want the media to get any ideas..
"No. I just..I didn't know you were coming.."

She nodded and smiled, kissing my cheek.
"Good luck."

I nodded, walking back out onto the court.

Jayson raised an eyebrow.
"You and Kehlani..I thought she was just your baby-"

"Baby momma? Yeah. She is."

"That's not what it looked like." He chuckled.

"I don't..I don't know how to tell her that I want to be platonic. Every time I hint at it, it goes right over her head."

He nodded.
"I understand."

I completely forgot that he had a son..

"How are you and your-"

"Platonic." He smiled. "We had something in the past but we both agreed that we weren't right for each other. You just..you have to be straight forward. She won't know until you tell her straight on."

I nodded and looked across the court as I noticed a familiar laugh ring from one of the court-side seats. My jaw almost dropped as my eyes landed on one person, a person I hadn't seen in over a year...Paris...
My eyes stayed glued to her as I watched her laugh and kiss some guy she was sitting with. She looked so happy..so radiant. Like she was in love. She looked about the same, a little bit curvier, she had also gotten streaks of color in her curly, black hair. She looked beautiful..

"Kyrie!"

I snapped out of it and turned to him.
"Yeah?"

"You okay? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Yeah.. it's.." I turned back to see her lean in and kiss the guy. "Nothing.." I mumbled, trying to keep myself from throwing up at the sight of it.

Nothing but a heartbreak..why am I surprised? Did I think she wouldn't move on? I don't think it was that..it was the fact that she looked happier with him than she ever did with me...

Jayson sat down and dribbled the ball towards me.
"Who is she?"

"What?"

"The girl over there." He said, nodding in Paris's direction. "The same girl in the photo, both times you froze and looked stunned. So who is she?"

"Just an old...fiancée.."

His eyes widened.
"Fiancée!"

"Guys!" Our coach yelled. "Get your asses over here. We need to go over the game plan."

We both sighed and walked over to the huddle.

Paris

I cheered as Boston was on a 20-1 run, practically digging the Cavs deeper into the hole that they were already in. Kai was cheering on Kyrie, being a Boston native, he loved the move to Boston. Cleveland had taken a timeout, the score was 124 to 94, and Kyrie had just hit a wide open three.

"They're doing amazing!" Kai smiled.

"As to be expected." I said, putting a piece of popcorn in my mouth.

I was enjoying myself, when we looked up and saw we were on the kiss cam. My eyes widened and Kai shrugged. He leaned towards me and softly placed his lips on mine, my cheeks heated up as I kissed back. I smiled and pulled away as the kiss cam turned to another unsuspecting couple.

"You're amazing." He said, holding my cheek.

I smiled.
"You're even better."

Kyrie

I took a sip of water as we sat during this time out, deciding how to spend these last couple of minutes in the fourth quarter. I sighed and leaned back, looking up at the Jumbotron to see the kiss cam, and a familiar smiling face popped up onto the screen.
I could feel it in my chest, my heart ached..it was unlike anything I had felt before..even worse than the night I found out she left...
I turned away and sighed, putting my water down as we heard the buzzer signal the end of the timeout. Soon the game ended, and we won 132 to 97. It was a good win that I couldn't even be happy about with Paris on my mind..

———————————

I walked out of the locker room to be greeted by Kehlani and Amour.
"Congratulations baby." She smiled, leaning in.

I stopped her and kissed Amour on the cheek causing her to giggle and smile.
"We need to talk later." I said, turning my attention back to Kehlani.

She raised an eyebrow.
"About what?"

"About us...or what you think we are..?"

Before she could say anything, I walked over to Jayson who was on his phone.
"I'm going to talk to her tonight."

"Who?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Kehlani."

"Oh! I thought you might mean your ex-fiancée."

"Why would I mean her?"

"Because.." He said, looking up at me and away from his phone. "When she was on the kiss cam, I could literally see your heart break man..but, good for you..for stepping up with K-"

"What?"

"Someone is coming over to see you."

I turned around to see Paris walking up to me. I stood frozen as she gave me a small smile.
"Hey.." She said, her soft voice was music to my ears. Music that I hadn't been able to hear in a long time..

Jayson cleared his throat.
"I'm Jayson. Sorry about this guy here, he's..weird sometimes."

I turned and glared at him as Paris chuckled.
"Hi Jayson."

"I'll leave you two." He came closer to me. "Don't fuck this up Irving."

I gave him a slight smile and turned back to Paris.
"Hi..I..I wasn't uh expecting..you...to be here.." I said nervously.

Damn! I couldn't even speak properly. I was still in awe of her actually talking to me.

She gave me an awkward smile.
"Okay...I just wanted to congratulate you. You were great tonight."

Usually after a good game, Paris would sneak behind me and hug me, congratulating me before placing a kiss on my lips..
God! I missed that..
"Uh, Thanks. Thank you for coming. I'm glad you did."

Before she could respond, a tall, muscular white guy wrapped his arm around her and kissed her lips. He looked up at me with a wide smile.
"Hey! Good work out there Irving!"

I nodded as I felt like someone had punched me in the stomach.
"Thanks."

She gave me a small smile as she walked away hand in hand with the guy. I sighed and rolled my eyes.
Shit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 119 35
Their both 26 years old and they don't know each other but they still see each other around. Blue Thompson is Klay Thompson's sister and he is super...
13.3K 313 25
Side note: This story is about the NBA-Basketball player Steph Curry, who's playing in a team called "The Golden State Warriors". This fanfiction is...
131K 4K 48
"You fuck my boyfriend, I fuck your brother. Checkmate bitch" **disclaimer: this book is influenced by the two books Spite; k.t. by chillxklay and Wa...
90.6K 4.8K 38
Sometimes we can let our anger get the best of us ruining opportunities, friendships, family dynamics and- Love Will Klay be able to be the storm to...