Rekindle; {Kyrie Irving, Sequ...

By stargirl_2017

โ€ข"Lets rekindle that fire that we once had..the fire that I never let go of.." โ€ข"You can't rekindle something... More

Welcome Back;
Catch Up;
Regret;
Reunion;
Official;
You Again?;
Confusion;
Stalker;
No More 'Us';
Let's Go Out;
Savior;
Call Him;
Love and Basketball;

Work;

685 26 1
By stargirl_2017

Paris

"Girl!"

"Yes Shaniya?" I chuckled.

I hadn't talked to Shaniya much since I was still adapting to living in Boston and she was in the process of moving to California with Kevin.

"You at work?"

"On break. I'm about to clock out anyways..how are you and Kev?"

"We're fine." She smiled.

"You've always had an amazing dating life. I envy it." I smiled back.

"Shut up." She chuckled. "You've had a decent dating life. If you exclude Malik and Ky-.."

"You can say his name chica. His name isn't a curse."

"Okay, so have you talked to him since the incident or seen him?"

"No. I made a vow not to speak to him and I've been sticking to it."

In all honesty, I haven't seen Kyrie or heard of him, not even on social media. Nothing unless it was basketball news. Him with the Celtics had been a raging topic though I didn't really care. I had been paying more attention to the western conference. Chris Paul going to Houston. Paul George and Carmelo going to OKC. This should be an interesting year for my brother and his team..

"How are you and your white chocolate boy toy Kai?" She asked, interrupting my thoughts.

His name brought a smile to my face.
"Amazing. He's amazing. There's only one thing.."

"What's up?"

"He wants to become official..and I don't think I'm ready for that.."

"I understand..you want to take it slow and play it safe so you won't get hurt again..and I think that's a smart decision.."

"You're a great therapist Shay."

"That's why I chose it as a career girl. How's the new job?"

"Great! I love working with the patients here. I never have a dull day here with the kids. It's one of the best jobs I could ever ask for.."

"That's amazing." She smiled. "I'm happy for you."

"Thanks. How's it over there in Oakland?"

"Great..Kevin has helped me a lot with adjusting."

I nodded. I could hear Kevin in the background, and soon his deep voice rang through the phone causing me to chuckle.

"Paris!"

"Hello to you Kevin."

He smiled.
"How's Boston? Is it cold?"

"Yes it is. You Californians are lucky as hell!"

"We are, aren't we."

"Okay since you want to gloat give the phone back to your girlfriend."

He chuckled.
"Bye P!"

"Bye Kev."

Shaniya chuckled.
"Ah, I have to go but I'll call you back later all right?"

"All right."

"Bye! Love you girl!"

"Love you too." I smiled, ending the call.

I spent the rest of my break, scrolling through Instagram and the explore page. While scrolling, I came across one of Kehlani's posts.

kehlani: My little mini me is starting to act more like her dad everyday❤️😂@kyrieirving

I rolled my eyes and exited out of the app as my coworker came in.

"Hey Jean." I smiled, sitting up.

"What's up girl?" She chuckled, plopping down on the couch next to my desk.

Jean was one of few friends I had made since moving to Boston. She was really nice and had made my experience here better.

"You about to leave?" She asked, closing her eyes.

"Yes ma'am. How long are you here til?"

"I still have six more hours to work before I can go and I'm already tired as ever." She yawned.

I chuckled.
"Well, you can crash here for like 10. I'm going to go visit Chanel anyways."

"Thank you girl. Tell Chanel I said hi." She said, yawning once more and slipping into a short nap.

Chanel was a 17 yr. old patient of mines and we had gotten close during my time here. She was going through chemo and her family lived in Chicago, they all needed their jobs to pay for the chemo, so she was normally here at the hospital alone, I was practically her hospital 'mom'.
I walked out of my office, careful to close the door so Jean wasn't caught taking her impromptu nap, and went upstairs to the third floor, where Chanel's room was. I walked in and she smiled as I sat next to her.

"Wassup girlie." I smiled.

She smiled back.
"Hey."

"Have you heard from Jake?" I asked, curious about her boyfriend back in Chicago.

"Nope." She sighed, leaning back and turning to me. "He's being an asshole. We got into an argument."

"Over what?"

"Stupid teenage stuff." She mumbled. "Have you ever had a boyfriend?"

I chuckled and nodded.
"Yeah..I have."

"Were they ever assholes?"

"Aren't they all?"

She chuckled and I gave her a small smile.

"You always go through a couple of bad ones to get to the one that's right for you." I said, placing my hand in hers.

"Have you ever been in love?"

I nodded.
"Yeah.."

"With who? Was he cute?" She asked, genuinely curious.

"Yes. He was very cute."

"Do you have a picture?"

I sighed.
"Maybe.."

"I want to see."

"Really?"

She nodded again.
"Unless he's ugly."

"He is not." I said, finding a picture and showing her.

She gasped.
"Kyrie Irving!?"

"Yeah. Shocked?"

"Yeah. Shocked that you landed someone like him."

I chuckled and gasped.
"Shut up!"

"Are you guys still together?"

"Uh, no...we broke up..you don't keep up with basketball stars huh?"

"Nope. Not unless they're on the Bulls atleast..so how did you guys break up-"

"Chanel! Hon, it's time for your chemo." The other nurse said, standing in the doorway patiently.

"Saved by the bell." I sighed.

She smiled and rolled her eyes.
"You got lucky."

I gave her a small smile back and kissed her hand.
"Good luck."

"Thanks. You'll be here tomorrow?"

"Of course girl."

She nodded and stood up, walking out. I sighed and got up also, heading to clock out and gathering my things. As I walked out, Kai was here to pick me up.

I smiled as I got in and kissed him.
"Hey. Thanks for picking me up."

He smiled and started the car.
"No problem. You working tomorrow night?"

"Nope. Morning shift, thank god. Why?"

"Me. You. Celtics game. Courtside. 8' o clock. What do you say?"

My stomach slightly fluttered as one realization hit me. Kyrie.
"Wow. Celtics game?"

He nodded, still looking for an answer and before I could give it a second thought, I nodded.
"Yes. I'd love to go to the game with you." I said, placing a kiss on his cheek.

This is going to be fun...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 66 19
Can Chris choose between the love of his life and his career/future; basketball?
59.8K 1.5K 28
de'asia turns from being a nanny to being a close friend of the tatum's, but something more to jayson. read to find out more:)
89.5K 1.9K 42
Previously known as Secrets // Kyrie Irving. In honor of my thirteen-year-old self, I have kept the book as I first wrote it. No edits, no changes...
90.1K 4.8K 38
Sometimes we can let our anger get the best of us ruining opportunities, friendships, family dynamics and- Love Will Klay be able to be the storm to...