Paradise: A Brittana Fanfic

By thekid05

AU. Brittany and her family relocate to Hawaii. She meets a intriguing local girl who turns her world upside... More

Kamuela
CC Jons
Haole
Palehua
Kohala
Hana Hou
Homecoming
October 15, 2006
Pololu Valley
Mauna Kea
Laupahoehoe Point
New Years Eve
Pahoa Tournament
Waiakea
Waimea Wooden Playground
Konawaena
Waipio Valley
Hi'ilawe
The Valley
Spring Formal
Her Past
Beer Pong
Argument
Coming Clean
Hear Me Out
Senior Game
Secrets & Stories
Fishing Tales
Questions
Worry
Truth Be Told
Uncle Ben's
Recovery
BIIF Championships
85
Changes
States Pt. 1
States Pt. 2
Champions
Mana Road
Puddle Action
Pualena
Graduation

Kiholo

9.4K 189 355
By thekid05

AN: I appreciate everyone that has been reading and giving feedback on my story :)

The next day at school, Brittany was a bit nervous. Rachel had shown her that her schedule had a mistake on it, and her ensembles class was switched to 6th Period instead of 5th. So today, she'd be auditioning for the ensembles class. If she didn't make the cut, then she'd have to find another class or TA for a underclassman class. Either was fine, but she was determined to get in. She hadn't spent all those years taking drum lessons for nothing. She had been practicing her song that she was going to audition with for about a week or so.

Brittany walked uphill by herself. She didn't know who was going to be in this class with her and she was afraid that she wouldn't know anyone. She walked into the music room to see that Santana was standing at one of the microphones.

"Well isn't this a surprise? I didn't expect to see you here, Sooner. You sing too?" Brittany walked up to her.

"No I don't sing. But I do play." And she pulled out a pair of drumsticks from her backpack.

"Now that is truly impressive. You seem to be full of all sorts of surprises, and I like surprises." Santana smiled. "Hopefully you make it, I'd love to see you in here. I'm sure you won't get cut, Mr. Shuester is really fair."

"Alright class, today we have a new addition to our class. Brittany, would you please come up here?" Brittany walked up to the front of the class and stood next to the teacher. "This is Brittany. She transferred here from Oklahoma and according to her old music teacher, she has a thing for the drums. So she'll be auditioning today."

"Is it alright if I play along with music? It's an instrumental with out the drums."

"That would be perfect, actually." Brittany handed a boy her phone and he plugged it into the amp. At first, she was going to try out with Bat Country by Avenged Sevenfold but having Santana sitting in the room changed everything. She looked over to where the brunette was siting and saw her smiling at her. She scrolled down past Bat Country and to a song that she had only been playing for one night. It was risky, but she knew she could do it. All she would have to do was make it her own.

The song came on and she saw Santana's face light up. It was Rude by Magic. And for the next 3:45 seconds she put on the best show of her life. Brittany wasn't nervous and she had no doubts at all. She played from her heart and got into the music. Everyone in the classroom had gotten up and started dancing. The rhythm was just flowing it of her as if it were second nature. In all honesty, she wanted to impress Santana so bad. As the song came to and end, everyone clapped. Brittany looked over to Santana who gave her a very pleased look- as if she were admiring her.

"Brittany. That.. Was amazing! Looks like you have a drummer for your song, Santana." Brittany bowed a couple times, playfully and humbly of course. "You can have a seat. There are a couple more people auditioning for other instruments."

Brittany picked up her backpack and walked over to where Santana was sitting. She scooted over and Brittany sat next to her.

"You seem to be saving me a lot and the school year literally just started. I have been trying to find someone to play drums for that song all summer and no one could get the rhythm. I'm so stoked. Thank you, Brittany." Brittany looked over to Santana who was looking directly at her.

Brittany smiled and Santana returned a smile back. "It's my pleasure, Santana. Really. It is."

The rest of the class went smoothly. A couple more students played the guitar and the bass but no one tried out for drums. Brittany didn't really pay attention to who was performing even though she knew that those students gave her their undivided attention. All she could think about was the fact that she had Santana in yet another one of her classes. After spending time with Santana after school yesterday, she didn't feel as nervous. They had texted for about an hour that night before, talking about all sorts of things. Brittany wanted to ask if she liked girls so badly but didn't find the courage to. She was lost in her thoughts when she felt someone nudge her.

"Come on. Class is over. All that's left is 7th Period and then we're done for the day." Brittany grabbed her things and got up from her seat. And to her surprise, Santana interlocked her arm in Britt's. "There's two things I've been meaning to ask you all day. One- is what jersey number you wanted?"

"I was 8 in Oklahoma. If someone has it then it's alright, I can pick another one."

"No no, 8 is actually open. I'm glad you didn't say 5, you would've had to wrestle me for it." And Santana laughed playfully. "And two, is do you want to come camping this weekend? I ran it by the team and they were all for it. I can pick you up from your house so you don't have to drive you super fancy bike down to Kiholo (Key-ho-low)."

"Where is that?" Santana sort of shrugged.

"It's hard to explain really, it's about a thirty minute drive from your place. But that's only if you like go. I'm not forcing you or anything. Peer pressure isn't my thing."

"I've... Never been camping before." Santana stopped walking which caused Brittany to lose her arm.

"You've never been camping?! Okay yeah you're definitely coming. If you need me to talk to mom I can, so that you don't have to explain a place you never been to before." Brittany assumed that Santana was referring to her mom and not her own. "And yes, I meant your mom and not mine."

"Are you like some kind of mind reader?" They both laughed.

"No I just know when I say something in pidgin and you don't understand. I've tried to tone it down but I have to warn you now, once I start drinking it just comes out. And by the looks of your face, you have never had a drink in your life." Brittany looked down to the ground, ashamed that in front of this amazing girl she seemed like a dork. "It's alright, don't feel down about that kine stuff. I admire that."

They were down hill now, and Santana was still walking with Brittany. "Aren't you going to class?"

"I am, I just wanted to make sure you got to yours alright." She smiled as she walked Brittany to the door of her classroom. "I'll see you later."

Santana turned and walked away. Brittany watched as she continued walking down the pathway and out of view. She walked into the class room and took her seat towards the front. They watched a video for astronomy and had to take notes. At the end of class, Brittany dropped her assignment in the bin and walked out towards the road. Her mom was waiting for her.

"Hey! Brittany!" It was Rachel. "Britt did Santana talk to you about this weekend?"

"She did, Kiholo right?" Rachel nodded. "I told her I'm in. I have to talk to my mom first though."

"That's why I came to find you. Santana told me to talk to your mom today. So that she trusts us to take you down there with us. I'm a real mom person trust me." Brittany believed her and they both walked over to her mom's car.

"Mom, this is Rachel. Rachel, this is my mom Caroline."

"Hi Aunty it's nice to meet you." Rachel kissed her mom on the cheek and stepped back.

"Hi dear it's nice to meet you. But I'm not your Aunt." Rachel covered her mouth.

"Oh I'm so sorry. I keep forgetting that you guys just moved here. I call all my friends parents aunty or uncle. I was taught that as a child. It's a respect thing. If you don't want me to call you that I can always call you Mrs. Pierce." Brittany's mom smiled.

"It's fine. If that's what you are taught then I don't have a problem with it." Rachel smiled and stood up straight once again.

"I was, well- Santana and I were wondering if it would be okay if Brittany came camping with us this weekend. We'd leave afterschool on Friday and be back Sunday afternoon." Rachel had her fingers crossed behind her back. "We promise we'll be careful and my parents will be down there with us so we won't be alone. And we'll pick Brittany up so that she doesn't have to drive or anything."

"I don't see that being a problem. Brittany? You want to go?" Brittany's eyes had already filled with excitement and eagerness. She didn't think her mom was going to allow it.

"Yes yes yes yes mom yes. I wanna go with them."

"Well it's settled then. We've got to get home, honey. It was nice meeting you Rachel." Rachel told them goodbye and ran off in the direction of the stairs where they hang on. As they drove away, Brittany and her mom started to talk. "She seems like a very nice girl, Britt. It looks like you're off to a good start."

"She's awesome mom. And so are the other girls I hang out with. They all play softball. And they already guaranteed me a spot on the team. Center. Apparently they needed one for a while and I swooped in like a superhero." Brittany threw her arm up in the air and swooped it down in a sliding motion.

"That's fantastic, Britt. I'm happy that you're adjusting well here." Her mom's phone started to ring. "Hello? Oh hey girl how are you?"

Her mom went into a conversation with a friend at home. Quinn hadn't talked to her since she left Oklahoma which worried her. She must be busy, she thought. School was about to start and the cheerleading program at her old school always started a couple weeks early so she must be busy. That's all she hoped it was. Buzzzzz.

Sooooner :) Rach told us that you're in! I'm super stoked I can't wait for this weekend.

She could hear Santana saying the sentence in her head. She didn't know what it was about the accent she had, but she loved it. Britt could listen to her talk all day if she could. Maybe she would get the chance this weekend? Only time would tell.

---------------

Friday couldn't have gone any slower. Brittany had packed her bag that morning and brought it with her to school. She even had her bathing suit on underneath her clothes. She had told her mom that she was just going to hang out with the girls after school and go straight down to Kiholo with them. That way her mom wouldn't have to make the trip to Honoka'a.

It felt like the clock wasn't moving. Brittany would be checking her watch every ten minutes, yet it didn't seem like time was moving at all. Finally, it was 1:50 and school was out. She grabbed her things and ran out of the class. She couldn't contain her excitement. But could you blame her? She'd be spending the entire weekend with Santana and the rest of the softball team.

"Brittany!" Rachel yelled. She was at the beginning of E building by the bathrooms. "Come on Santana already went home so we're meeting her at her house."

They walked down the road together, talking about what they were going to be doing at the beach. Swimming was definitely one.

"Santana!" They reached her drive way now and Santana was putting stuff in the back of her truck bed. "You need help?"

"Nah I gettum. Just throw you guys stuff in here and jump in." Rachel took Brittany's bag and threw it up to Santana who was in the bed. She jumped down and they all go in. "So what, Brittany? Are you excited?"

"I surprisingly am. I was a little scared at first but not anymore."

"You'll be fine! We'll all be there it's not like theres animals that can kill you. So that's an upside." And they all started to laugh.

The ride down to the beach was nothing but interesting. All they did was sing and laugh. Santana and Rachel told stories about when they were younger and reminisced about softball games.

Santana was slowing the truck down in an area where there wasn't even a road. All Brittany saw was a little ribbon tied to a stick.

"Brah I haven't been down to Kiholo in what, two years?" Santana looked over at Rachel. "What? The last time I went was after the last day of Sophomore year."

"That's alright. You going now." They were traveling down towards the water. Santana was now in 4 wheel drive. There was no actual road it was completely sand. When they got down to the beach, Brittany was amazed. She hadn't been to the beach before so this was all new to her. They turned right and drove until they couldn't anymore. The rest of the girls were already there so there was a tent up and a fire going to cook food.

"Here we are, Brittany. Welcome to Kiholo." They got out of the truck and joined everyone else under the tent.

"Hey San. You guys took long time." Kalei was opening a Corona for her. "Lemon right? And she put a slice of lemon in the neck of the bottle.

Santana grabbed the beer from Kalei and shotgunned it.

"Whoa." Santana looked over to Brittany who was standing in awe.

"That ain't anything, Sooner. It's still early and we have tons." She went into the cooler to take another beer out. She popped the cap off and slid another lemon in. "Here. Try it. If you don't like it, it's alright. I'll take it."

Brittany held the bottle in her hand. She had never drank an alcoholic beverage. Not unless you count the sip of wine she takes at church. The lemon finally reached the liquid and it fizzed.

"It'll only taste worse if it's cold, Britt." Kama warned. "Warm beer is better than no beer though ayyee!"

And everyone started to high five.

Brittany held the bottle to her mouth and started to drink it. The taste was... different.

"Don't worry. It's an acquired taste. But if you don't want to finish it, you can just give it to me." And Santana held her hand out.

"No I got it." And she proceeded to drink the rest of the bottle. Brittany handed the empty bottle to Santana who threw it in the trash bag that was tie to the pole of the tent. "Another?"

"Slow it down, Sooner. These beers will hit you fast since you haven't drank before. I don't want you out before we actually start." Santana walked by Brittany, heading past the trucks. She leaned closer to Brittany and whispered, "But I must say, that was pretty hot. You coming with me?"

Brittany's eyes grew wider and she immediately started to follow Santana. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see. I want it to be a surprise." They walked a little into the tree line and I saw what looked like a hole in the ground. "Here it is. The ice pond. It's all fresh water which is why it's cold."

Brittany looked down and saw that it was like a cave full of water. Santana took her shirt and shorts off and placed her clothes on the ground near the ladder going into the pond. She couldn't take her eyes of her. She was muscular and definitely toned. Her skin was perfectly tanned. Her bathing suit was teal and blue which happened to be Brittany's favorite colors. And her breasts were just, indescribable. Santana walked over to the top of the ladder and turned around to climb down.

"You coming? Or you just gonna stare?" She grinned and kept going down the ladder.

"Sorry. I uh.. Didn't mean to." Brittany undressed and started to climb down as well. Her feet touched the water and she pulled it back out. "That's fucking cold."

Santana came out from under the water and started to splash water at the blonde who had no where to go to avoid it. "Just come in. It won't be cold once you get in I promise."

"I'm scared though." Santana walked towards the ladder and held her arms out.

"I got you. Come on." Brittany stepped down and Santana grabbed her. She was cold but that wasn't what was on her mind. It was the fact that Santana was holding her hand. "See? It isn't bad right?"

"Not as bad as I thought it would be." Santana stood closer to Brittany. She could feel her breath on her.

"That's because your legs have gotten used to the temperature. I can help with the rest of your body." Before she realized what was happening, Santana grabbed onto her and pulled her under the water. Brittany held her breath as they both plunged into the icy waters of the pond. They came up and they both wiped their faces. "Still not as bad?"

"Come here Santana." Brittany chased her around the pond. But she was too fast. "Fine okay fine I can't catch you."

They stayed in the pond for a little longer. Santana told Brittany stories about the previous times she had come down to Kiholo. Brittany enjoyed each of her stories and they always ended up making her laugh or making her like Santana more than before.

"Let's get back to everyone. I'm starting to get hungry." Brittany followed Santana up the ladder. She had waited on purpose so that she could stare at her ass. Which, was perfectly rounded. All she wanted to do was grab it one time. They put their towels around their waists and headed back.

The food was already done and a couple of the girls were already eating. Kama handed plates to both Brittany and Santana and told them to go and eat.

There was steak, ribs, hot dogs, and hamburgers. And of course, there was rice. They ate rice with everything. Brittany grabbed some food and walked down to the water. The sun was setting and she wanted to watch. She sat on the sand and took a deep breath. Today had been a very amazing day and to top it off she was watching the sun set while sitting on a beach.

"May I sit with you?" Brittany turned and saw that Rachel was walking over to her.

"Of course." Rachel sat down next to her and started to eat her food.

"Are you enjoying your time down here?" Brittany nodded. She would've responded but her mouth was full.

"I'm sorry. This food is just amazing. Who made it?" Rachel turned and pointed.

"Jen and Tash did."

"It's really good." They continued eating for a while. "This sunset is beautiful. It doesn't look anything like this in Oklahoma."

"It is right? I can never get enough of it. And I've lived here my whole life." Rachel got up and ran back to the tent.

"Hey wait. Rachel can you grab my phone?"

She came back with two Corona's and her phone. "A sunset is nothing without a nice cold beer." Rachel held up her bottle and Brittany tapped it lightly.

"Here's to your first camping trip, beer and your first sunset on the beach." They both drank from the bottle.

Brittany took a picture and sent it to Quinn.

I miss you Quinn. This is what I'm looking at right now. I hope everything is going alright. Love you xo

She sent the text and realized that the sun was almost down now. She got up from where she was sitting and walked back to the tent. Everyone was sitting around and talking. Brittany threw her plate away and sat next to Kalei.

"Here. Drink up." Brittany took the bottle and smiled. She was having a great time. Much more fun than she expected.

After an hour or two and about five beers, Brittany was definitely feeling it. She got up from her seat and walked over to the cooler. Whoa. She thought. This feels awesome. She opened another beer and walked over to Santana and held her hand out.

"Come on let's go." Santana unreluctantly grabbed it and they walked past the trucks together. She grabbed the lantern that was sitting on the bed of her truck.

"Where are we going?"

"To the pond." Brittany dropped her towel and grabbed onto Santana hips. "Let's see if you can catch me this time." She took one more sip of her bottle and put it on the ground. Without any hesitation Brittany jumps in. The cold stung for a bit but eventually subsided.

It was dark so she could hardly see anything. Santana placed the lantern close to the edge of the pond and jumped in. The light didn't help as much but it was something. Santana still hadn't come up from under the water and Brittany started to worry. She starts to look around harder to see if she could spot her. "Santana?"

The water was shifting around her, and Santana suddenly comes up in front of her. "Yes?"

"Oh shit. You scared me." Brittany dipped down into the water one more time. She comes back up and flips her hair backwards. "It's so much colder now compared to earlier."

"That's because the suns down, Sooner." Santana laughs a little and then dives into the water. She comes up behind her and grabs onto her. "Better?"

Santana wraps her hands around Brittany's waist and pulls her closer to her body. She immediately starts to get hot. This was exactly what Brittany wanted. Her hands were warm. Brittany put her hands on Santana's and their fingers interlocked.

"A- Are you standing on a rock right now or something?" Santana laughed.

"Is that all you're thinking about right now?" She made Brittany turn around and they were closer than ever. The butterflies in Brittany's stomach were flying around like crazy. Santana brought her face closer. "But yes, I'm standing on a rock."

Santana hands came out of the water and was now gently rubbing Brittany's cheek. "So what's on your mind right now?"

"I- I uh.." Their foreheads were touching now and Santana's thumb gently brushed against her lips.

Brittany couldn't think- couldn't move. Santana's lips were getting closer to hers. They were about to close the gap when, "Santana? San?!"

Santana stopped. "What?" She yelled back.

"Oh nah nothing I was just wondering where you was." Rachel replied.

"I'm sorry. She's such a fuckin' cock blocker." Santana shook her head. "She ruined it. Come on. It's getting cold." Santana grabbed Brittany's hand and they walked towards the ladder. They climbed out and put their towels back on. Everyone was sleeping or swimming on the beach. As they walked back, Brittany was a few steps behind of Santana. She already missed her touch and it hadn't even been ten minutes.

"Are you tired? It's late already." Santana jumped up onto the back of her truck. "Rachel where you sleeping tonight?"

"On the beach down here." Her voice seemed far but you could still hear her.

Santana turned towards Brittany. "Wanna sleep on the truck bed with me?"

"Sure." Santana laid about three blankets out and took three pillows out of trash bags. "You're prepared huh?"

"Campings my thing. Now. Come up here." Brittany jumped up and laid down.

"This is comfortable." Santana took out one more blanket and placed it on both of them. "Thanks."

"It's no problem."

Brittany laid her head on the pillow and looked up. "Wow look at all those stars." There wasn't a space in the sky that didn't have a twinkling light in it. Of all the things that she had seen since she had been in Hawai'i this was the best. Not only because the night sky was breath taking, but because she was now laying next to Santana.

"You haven't seen much in Oklahoma have you?" Santana was now propped up on her elbow looking at Brittany. "That's alright. I'll show you everything Hawai'i has to offer."

"I'll hold you to your word, Santana."

Brittany started to shiver a bit. "You cold?"

Santana's arm made it's way around Brittany and pulled her towards her chest. Brittany took a deep breath and exhaled lightly. She shifted lightly so her head was in Santana's neck. Santana grabbed Brittany's left leg and draped it over hers.

"Are you comfortable?" She turned to look at Brittany.

"Yes. You're very sweet Santana." Santana kissed her on her forehead.

"Goodnight, Sooner." Brittany looked up towards Santana. And she went for it. She grabbed Santana's face and brought it to hers. Their lips touched and it was like magic. She opened her mouth a little and went in for another kiss. Santana welcomed it, grabbing onto Brittany's hip and pulled her closer. They released and Brittany looked into Santana's eyes.

"What was that for?" Santana was smiling.

Brittany cuddled once more and placed her hand on Santana's chest. "Just because. Goodnight, San."

Santana placed her head on Brittany's and fell asleep. Brittany knew she was sleeping by the slow breaths she was taking. The night was perfect. She didn't think it could get any better.

Brittany was about to fall asleep when she heard someone yelling. "San? Fuck why am I always losing her!" It was Rachel and she was drunk. "Santana Lopez where did you go?" Brittany tried waking Santana up but it wasn't working. She knew that she was comfortable so she didn't move so she decided to pretend like she was sleeping.

Rachel came around the bed of the truck and saw them. "Oh! Okay she's sleeping. And Brittany too. Wait- Brittany too?" She heard Rachel take off running, "They're cuddling! I told you Kama! You owe me ten."

Brittany chuckled a little and started to drift off. Hopefully this was the start of something amazing. And little did she know- it was.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 3.3K 29
glee preferences + some imagines [ girl x girl ]
9.2K 211 23
This story takes place during season 2. I play around with what some events that took place in this season. The story starts with Rachel and Quinn...
1K 16 14
After a messy break-up, Santana feels hollow inside until she finds a new love in the most unexpected of places. Meanwhile, Rachel tries her hand at...
38.4K 727 17
(Completed) Santana is a college student, studying abroad with her best friend Quinn. She's never been on her own and has always had someone controll...