Crimson Murders

By Melancholic_Lotus13

Being able to see things no one has ever, is not great. Izuku-a boy who just wants to live a normal life and... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Epilogue
Sequel is out + Pictures

Chapter Twenty-One

4.1K 245 201
By Melancholic_Lotus13

I started Supernatural last Sunday and well, I kind of made a revelation on Monday. Tsukauchi Naomasa looks like Misha Collins/Castiel. I don't know. I just see it. Also I don't know what's up with me and writing angst for the main character. Help?? This is short.

The weekend came and Izuku is not in any mood. After the whole fight with All Might, it got really awkward during classes. A lot of his classmates noticed the tension between the two. It was a cloud of negativity as stated by Tokoyami. A few of his friends asked what happened but he told them that it was just a disagreement. Aizawa and Recovery Girl know the truth on what happened. He told them that he tried telling him the truth but a lot of things kept spilling out, things he didn't mean to say. It's like something was forcing him to say those harsh things. Harsh things he didn't want to ever say. "Please, do not try to even reason with him. It's okay. If he says something about it, go ahead and speak to him about it, but do not speak a thing to him if he doesn't insinuate the conversation. In all fairness, I did dump a lot of things onto him, he's probably terrified out of his mind. I'm also pretty sure that he thinks I'm some sort of psychopath at the moment, although, I'm not complaining. It's fine though. I'll deal with it when he's ready to talk. No way am I forcing a conversation onto him."

Midoriya Izuku is not an idiot. He knows that people wouldn't believe him. He knows that he should not have trusted All Might the first day they met, after all they've always said, "you shouldn't meet your idols" and he should've made sure never to have. It doesn't matter who trusts your word that you can see the things you do, there will always be people who doubt it until you can prove it. For example, Aizawa was on of those. He doubted but at the same time couldn't see a reason why he'd lie; he was at constant war, debating it. That is until Izuku showed him. He did not gouge out his eye this time. No, he simply just drew a Death sigil intertwined with a Sight sigil on his hand. In turn, he watched as Aizawa's face showed partial of his reaction when he saw that Death was there and spoke to him with their raspy voice. Even so, it was hard for him. He just met the Grim Reaper itself and yet, didn't die. Izuku spoke about the Corpses that he's seen, not allowing him to even take part in seeing them. No, he had told him he watched people go mad at seeing them, all because of an eye surgery. Aizawa took part in looking that up, and it turns out that yes it had happened. Along with a few other things. Being dragged by a Corpse when he was around four or five, eye witness accounts from nurses, a doctor, and his mother. This was only one, not as many from the surgery.

After that day, he picked up old habits which include rereading old cases and writing notes on heroes and villains. Basically, it's only on old cases, such as, homicides, kidnappings, questionable suicides. It doesn't matter what types, he'll read them and make a few notes on them. Right now, he's reading on about the newest investigation the police has given him clearance to. Apparently, the day before the cops were able to bust a ring of human traffickers but mostly of children. The fact those types of devils still exist, sickens Izuku. He scrunches his nose in disgust and reads the files an officer gave him about the ringleader, an American male named Alex Smith or, commonly known as, Joker (named himself after a comic book villain). There isn't much on him, but apparently there may be another leader, who they believe to be a woman. Of course, they are not sure on that they still haven't been able to crack him. He tosses the files to the side, discarding it for another hour. His mind cannot take reading anymore about the sickening people that are alive. Beetle's notes that he placed on the murders were helpful to an extent, not as detailed to helping in capturing the person. Sighing, Midoriya gets up and reviews the pictures that are pinned on the bulletin board. He frowns, thinking. He grabs his phone as he stares at one specific photo. "Hey Detective, um, I was reviewing the Crimson Murder case—no, I know, but I was wondering about the shoe print you found."

  "The shoe print is only half of the sole. It's almost like they purposely left it there. What about it?" Izuku can practically hear the frown as he asks the question.

  "I don't know. I just had the sudden thought that, what if the Unsub was wearing heels?"

"You think the killer is female?"

"Yes. Think about it. Female serial killers, they're simple. Their only objective is murder. They usually don't leave signatures and they don't torture to this extremity. Female killers are not rare by any means. They're just prone to get away with murder easier. Most of them don't get caught because the police usually look for male killers. You've heard of the infamous 1998 quote from Roy Hazelwood of the FBI: 'There are no female serial killers' yes? Well, anyway, one woman can have killed over a hundred of people and only get busted for about fifty. People apparently just don't expect it. Jack the Ripper overshadowed his female counterpart Mary Ann Cotton who killed three—if not four times as many people than him, mainly children too. I'm getting off track." He blinks, reigning his train of thought. "Think about it, females will usually help other females more than shady males, males will help women because they think they'll be—erm—rewarded or because they're only being nice, depends on the person." He rubs his head as he flips the page in one of his notebooks. "The woman can make herself look helpless and then she can strike. It's a common ruse in female killers."

  "I'm coming over to pick you up for an interrogation. On the way to the station, I want you to tell me all that you have come up with. Any theories. I know I told you not to continue with this murder case, but we really need to get this killer off the streets and find Amanda."

  "Okay. And I have a feeling on who I'm interrogating."

  "Yes. The ring leader. I'll be there to pick you up soon."

  "Okay. Goodbye." He sighs and heads out to the living room, grabbing his messenger bag that he uses for his trips to the police station. A sudden feeling falls onto him like a blanket wrapping him up. He shakes his head and puts the files of the new case in his bag, glancing over to Beetle with a slight grin. "Wanna help me terrify someone?"

"The trafficker? Hell yeah!" Beetle's grin is more malicious than the devil's himself. He helps him, grabbing a few things for him. A good thing is that his mom is at work and he can leave to interrogate. So she won't know about this—no, she'll try to stop it if she finds out who he'll be interrogating. He readies his things when he gets the text that says that his ride's here. Beetle helps him lock the place up and in case he's an idiot and forgets his keys—the Ghoul will be there to help him so he wouldn't have to pick the lock again.

As he rubs his head, Izuku gets into the car with Naomasa. He starts explaining his theory on the whole female Crimson Artist. "I said to you not long ago that the person who put the note on the desk might've been a cop or someone no one would think twice about, right? Well, what if she made herself look to be someone—maybe a cop or she's someone's girlfriend and/or relative. A ruse that will get people to look away and not give too much thought because of how normal it is. As for her quirk, what if she doesn't have one?"

  He nods as he glances at Midoriya with a thoughtful. Something in those dark eyes are flaky, holding an ounce of a suspicious expression. Of course, Midoriya catches onto this; he does not care. He trusts Tsukauchi (says every person ever before they're killed). He's known the man since he was twelve, so he doesn't really see a reason to be on guard, right? If anything happens Beetle is there to shadow travel him out anyway. He can try to do anything; no matter how hard the living try to do, they cannot fight against the dead. It's hilarious, they think they can but they can't. Beetle sucks in a breath and tells him something. The smile on his face fades and he scoffs. "I cannot believe it."

Tsukauchi frowns and looks at him. "What? What's wrong?"

"You're a liar. I'm not going to be helping with an interrogation," he whispers. Tears well up in his eyes, his voice trembling. Gosh, I'm an idiot. "You'll be interrogating me. I'm the interrogation. You think I'm insane. All Might told you about our conversation, didn't he? You think I'm insane." His eyes narrow, eyebrows furrow as he turns his head to look at him, his voicing cracking. "Don't you?" He sniffs, letting anger take over. "I'm not insane. I told All Might the truth. You know, I understand. I get where I went wrong, but I couldn't stop myself. I tried, I wasn't supposed to say anything, yet I did and he saw what happened. But it is the truth, I have watched him die and I am the Champion of Death itself. Tell me, did your quirk pick up that truth?" He doesn't care if they're still moving. He unlocks the door and unbuckles his seatbelt, seeming to move to jump out of the car and ignoring the protests from the detective who tries to stop him. Izuku has Beetle help him and before Tsukauchi can do anything, the Human Ghoul pulls Izuku into the shadows taking him home.

Tsukauchi pulls over and stares at the spot where Izuku just vanished through. He slams his hand on the wheel, picking up his phone and calls Toshinori. "Yeah, he was telling the truth. He's not insane and something has helped him escape." No answer at the small pause. "And Toshinori, he doesn't trust us anymore. You should've seen him. The betrayal was clear on his face, but he was telling you the truth. He's the Champion of Death. Everything he told you that day, it's true."

"Thank you, Tsukauchi." He sighs, placing a hand on his face. I messed up big time this time. No way will he forgive something like this. Toshinori stares at the paper in front of him. He doesn't know what he's doing anymore. Everything else is just thrown off balance. Now, with the stunt Tsukauchi pulled for him, he may not even want to talk. "I'll—I'll try to reconcile but—if what you said is true, it'll be hard to talk to him."

"Good luck. I'll see you later." He replicates Yagi's sigh and places his head on the wheel for a few seconds. "Izuku, I am so sorry for my actions," Naomasa whispers to himself.

  "Well, do not look at me. This is all your fault." Tsukauchi starts, looking up at the sudden appearance of a man. He looks to be around his early twenties with long, red hair pulled back into a fishtail braid, purple glowing eyes, pale skin covered in grayish orange freckles. Black webbing-like cracks covers the left side of his neck, moving upward over his jaw and onto his cheek just beside the corner of his lips. "Oh, come now. You act like you've seen a ghost! Sorry, but I ain't no ghost. I'm what you call a Ghoul. I am Izuku's friend. I told him what ya were planning."

"What are you doing here?" Tsukauchi asks, reaching for his gun. "Why are you here?"

A grin and the gun is in his hand now. "I am here to tell you, that you messed up big time. I do not like it when people make my brother cry, when people hurt him! Good job. Be glad he is a strong willed person, otherwise you'd have a new villain on your hands and you'd be ripped to shreds. Of course, Izuku is too nice and won't let me have that. So, for this meeting, Death is letting you see me for a moment and this moment only. Hurt him again, you'll deal with an early death. I suggest you be more open to the idea to the fact that the Immortal Beings of Creation walk among and watch you. Your 'son' is a Champion and will accept his role in this life for the next four hundred years—maybe longer depending on how it goes and how much Death loves him enough to turn him into a full fledged Reaper."

"Why are you telling me this?"

He places the gun on the dashboard with a sly smirk. "Who knows? Maybe to threaten you? Maybe to be helpful? Tell Toshinori the same thing. Death will not hesitate to harm those that hurt their loved ones. They can be pretty overprotective of those they call their children. Believe me, you don't want to cross Death. Have a good life! Or what's left of it." Then he's gone and Tsukauchi is left alone.

  He blinks and stares out the window, staring at the pavement as he processes the new intel he just received from a Ghoul. Some dead person who calls Izuku their little brother and friend. For a moment, he doesn't move. He breaks out of his thoughts when his radio comes on with slight static and then, a voice comes through, "Detective Tsukauchi, come in."

  "Detective Tsukauchi Naomasa here. What seems to be the problem?" He's tired, that encounter with the Ghoul left him feeling exhausted almost as if it sucked the life out of him.

  "We found the body of Amanda Sterling. They've begun again."

Okay! So poor Izuku and having trust issues with two of the people he got attached to (both being accidentally so). Also, I haven't covered this yet, but Naomasa and Izuku have a father-son relationship. You have to squint but it is there. Oh! And um, how many people put two-and-two together and came out with Crimson Artist's identity? If no one has, I'll give you a hint:

  Twice now briefly mentioned in chapters of even. The person you seek has been given.

  Not sure if it's surely twice. But I can remember twice I've spoken about this person.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.1K 808 12
"Do you think.... That I could be a hero too? Even... without a quirk?" "Without a quirk? Not happening, kid." All his life Izuku Midoriya...
1.1K 29 15
Izuku Midoriya is the traitor of Class 1-A. However, as with most things in his life, it's complicated. After his father left, life with his single m...
29.8K 890 17
"... Ka.. cchan..?" "Yes.. That's right, De- Izuku.." It was unfamiliar to him. Or was it? He does not recall such name. But he can say it in such e...
74.8K 3.3K 18
Izuku Midoriya was bullied all his life. He was quirkless and there was nothing he could do. It was simply the fate of quirkless kids to die young. "...