Rekindle; {Kyrie Irving, Sequ...

By stargirl_2017

•"Lets rekindle that fire that we once had..the fire that I never let go of.." •"You can't rekindle something... More

Welcome Back;
Catch Up;
Work;
Regret;
Reunion;
Official;
You Again?;
Confusion;
Stalker;
Let's Go Out;
Savior;
Call Him;
Love and Basketball;

No More 'Us';

672 27 11
By stargirl_2017

"Why are you so nervous?" Shaniya asked, through the phone.

I rolled my eyes and threw on my jacket.
"I'm not nervous.." I mumbled, looking in my mirror and scanning my outfit for the third time. "I'm just anxious."

"Well why?"

"Kehlani said he was really bad after I saw him at the store."

"You were kind of harsh.."

"I know that Shay. Which is why I'm going to see him."

She nodded through FaceTime and sighed.
"Let me see your outfit."

I turned and showed her, raising an eyebrow.
"This good?"

"Yeah. That's good. Remember to go easy on him. He still loves you P, just try to be nice."

I put a fake smile on my face and nodded.
"Okay. I'll call you when I get back."

She nodded.
"Good luck."

"Thanks." I sighed, ending the call and grabbing my keys.

As I walked out to the living room, my front door opened and Kai walked in with a smile.
"Hey baby."

I smiled.
"Hey."

He noticed my outfit and furrowed his eyebrows.
"You going out?"

"Yeah. I'm just meeting a friend. I should be back quickly though." I said, kissing him and leaving before he could ask anymore questions.

As I drove to the café, I couldn't help but feel bad. I didn't mean to snap at him that day, I just let all my emotions loose all at once and it wasn't right of me to do that...
Before I knew it, I was finally there. I took a deep sigh and walked in, remembering my first interaction here.

-Flashback-

- I groaned and pulled my suitcase into the small coffee shop. I had been driving for hours and hadn't had a drop of caffeine. I set my bag by an empty table and rubbed my eyes, walking in line. I scanned the small menu and just opted to order a large black coffee. The cashier was nice, and got me my coffee quickly. I added some sugar to it and some hazelnut crème before turning on my heel to walk back to my table. I walked back and sat down, taking a long sip of coffee, grateful for the buzz that it gave me. Coming here to Boston was a fresh start that I badly needed. I stared out the rain pattered window and zoned out, continuing to drink my coffee, when my phone vibrated.

Unknown
- Did you get there safely?
- I understand if you don't want to talk to me, you made that clear when you left without telling me but at least let me know that you made it there safe Paris

I rolled my eyes and turned my phone off, looking back down at the half empty, now room temperature cup of coffee. I walked back over to get more sugar and as I walked back to my table, I bumped into somebody, spilling my cup of coffee and gasping. My eyes widened as I looked up at this tall white guy.
"I'm so sorry." I apologized, noticing the big wet stain on his sweatshirt.

He chuckled and nonchalantly shrugged.
"It's okay."

I grabbed some napkins and handed it to him.
"It's not. I wasn't looking where I was going and now your sweatshirt is ruin-"

"I'm heading home after this anyways. It's okay, I promise."

I gave him a small smile and sighed.
"I still feel bad.."

He smiled back at me.
"You know what you can do to make up for it?"

"What?"

"Have a cup of coffee with me."

I chuckled as heat rose to my cheeks.
"I'd like that."

I snapped back into reality as I looked around for Kyrie, noticing him sitting in a booth towards the back. He looked nervous. He perked up when he saw me, as we made eye contact. I gave him a small smile and walked over, sitting across from him.
"Hi."

"Hey. Thanks for coming."

"Sure." I looked down and noticed there was a cup of coffee for me too. "You remembered-"

"Yeah, black coffee with hazelnut creme and four packs of sugar." He smiled.

I smiled back.
"Yeah. Exactly right." I sighed as we both stared at our full cups of coffee, silently waiting for someone to talk first. I took a sip and looked at him.
"How's the baby?"

"She's amazing. Getting bigger everyday."

I nodded, taking another sip of coffee.
"That's good."

"Her name is-"

"Amour. I know. Cute name.."

He looked up at me.
"Do you know why I named her that?"

"I'm pretty sure Kehlani saw it in a posh baby name book." I shrugged, not thinking much of it.

His eyes glimmered.
"Your middle name."

My eyes slightly widened.
"What?"

He smiled and leaned forward.
"Yeah. I always loved your middle name even though you hated it."

I raised an eyebrow.
"Does..Kehlani know?"

He shook his head.
"No. I pushed the idea but I just said it was an aunts name."

I stayed silent and tapped the end of my coffee mug.

"How's...how are you and-"

"Kai?"

"Yeah him."

"Fine."

"How did you guys meet?"

"Here." I smiled.

He shifted uncomfortably.

"At this coffee shop. I had just moved here. I wanted coffee because I had been up all night driving so I came here. He was also in line and as we were leaving we bumped into each other, I spilled my coffee on him and helped him clean it off, he laughed it off and..the rest is history. He's such an amazing guy." I looked up to meet his eyes, I knew it pained him to hear my story and watch me speak so happily about another man but at that moment I didn't care, I wanted him to feel how he'd made me feel in the past. "How's Kehlani?" I asked, a big smile exuding from my face.

His solemn expression continued.
"She's fine."

"How are you guys..relationship wise?"

"There is no relationship Paris. There never will be."

I chuckled.
"You've said that before?"

He furrowed his eyebrows and sighed.
"Alright, I want to be straightforward now. We played catch up and it was nice but..Paris..I want to be in your life..I want to be with you again.."

I scoffed and crossed my arms.
"Are you okay?"

"What?"

"To say an outrageous statement like that..you have to be on something.."

"Pari-"

"No. Let me stop you right there. We. Me and you, are never happening again Kyrie."

I could see his heart shatter, just like it did the night I left Cleveland..

"I'm sorry. Look, I apologize for what I said to you and the grocery store. That was unnecessary, but I..I need to be honest with you. I agreed to talk to you. Sit down and chat, 'like old times', but who are we kidding, we will never be the same. I forgive you for what you did to me. I'm not mad anymore I just..don't see the need for us to have a relationship with each other."

"We can't be friends?"

I paused, thinking of what to say.
"Don't you think it's best if we just close this chapter of our lives?"

He sighed and sat back.
"Yeah..if that's what you want then fine..this can be it."

I gave him a small smile.
"Thank you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 313 25
Side note: This story is about the NBA-Basketball player Steph Curry, who's playing in a team called "The Golden State Warriors". This fanfiction is...
133K 3.3K 46
Corie is a model. She has to been to Paris and back. She never made time for anyone outside her family and her bestfriends since her break up with he...
46.2K 1.4K 55
Cover by: @itsmari-a (THIS STORY IS HELLA FETUS, it was my first story so excuse the mistakes & grammar. I'll fix them later on.) Tae And Destiny ha...
78.2K 1.5K 108
Kaylee Vega, a girl you once had it all, but lost it in a blink of an eye. That's what changed her. One of Kaylee's dearest friend, Crystal new exact...