Shane Mason be Damned - A 'My...

By SummerHayz

You've heard the saying that what goes around comes back around, right? Well, so has Aisha, a feisty, sport l... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 15

1.9K 124 25
By SummerHayz

A/N: Enjoy and don't forget to vote and comment!

Chapter Fifteen

You know that saying about revenge being a dish best served cold? Well, I was serving it up and saying it was cold would be an understatement.

 “I’m telling you that she’s f*cking crazy!” Shane was screaming at Dr. Mc.Smelly, as he desperately struggled against the five point restraint chair he was strapped into.

 A twisted smirk seemed permanently etched on my face as I bent down to be face to face with him. “Oh Shane, I’m just trying to help you with your condition, because I care,” I said in as sickeningly sweet a tone as I could muster. But my eyes were smiling in mockery, conveying the message, “Enjoy hell sucker!”

 Shane jerked forward as much as the restraint would let him, with a venomous  snarl on his face until he saw the gigantic needle Dr. Smelly was holding as he approached him.

 “Can’t you understand?!” Shane was yelling, his eyes wide as he struggled violently in the chair, “She’s the crazy one! She’s doing this on purpose! I’m not f*cking insane!”

 Dr. Mc. Smelly sighed and shook his head sadly. “Hold him down.”

 My smirk seemed to get wider as the two nurses stepped forward and held down Shane’s shoulders. Dr. Mc. Smelly approached with the needle and Shane went rabid, screaming out curses. As the needle pierced through  Shane’s neck, he let out a blood curdling scream.

 My eyes flew open to  the darkened interior of my living room. The good news was that I was still lying down on my couch and my face wasn’t sweeping the floor where the crumbs of the I’m-sorry-about-sending-the-b*tch-I’m-dating-to-get-you cookies my dad made had fallen.The bad news was that something had woken me up from a blissful dream, and I had no clue what the hell it was. But I did know this: Whatever it was, it was about to face death. You do not simply wake up someone in the best part of a dream. There was a reason people thought doing so would give the unfortunate dream interrupter years of bad luck. It’s because the last person to do so did have bad luck…. for the rest of his life… in a coma.

 I grunted as I sat upright and beat my pillow. “Gross….” I groaned as my hand made contact with something wet on it. “Tell me that was sweat.”

 A sudden knocking sound caught my attention and I turned towards the front door, narrowing my eyes at it. Then slowly, my lips twisted into a smile. Did Shane finally decide to man up and face the pounding he was about to receive for a) making me twist my ankle in the first place b) letting me fall and further hurt my twisted ankle c) being the spawn of the she-devil who annoyed the crap out of me and said I didn’t have friends yesterday evening plus d) waking me up from what was the best dream I’ve had in a long time?

 I slowly swung my legs from the couch to the floor and reached for my crutches.However, as soon as I pulled myself up something near my right thigh buzzed. Putting my right crutch below my arm, I shoved my hand into my pocket and pulled out my cellphone. I took one look at the caller and quickly put the phone to my ear.

 “Mom, I told you I’m fine.” Did she really have to call every hour? Yeah, I was in a cast but that didn’t seem terminal to me.

 “Honey, are you in your room?” she asked. “This is so stupid but I really-”

 “I know mom, you’re worried. But I told you that I’m fine.” I looked towards the front door. The knocking had stopped. “I’ll call you right back okay. “

 “Honey, wait!” Mom was yelling, but my hand was already over the end call button. There was no way I was going to let Shane get away from me. Plus, the knocking at the front door had turned into sharp, impatient raps. I went toward the door.

 I put the phone back to my ear. “I have to go mom. “ She had started saying something but  I ended the call and put my phone back into my pocket. The knocking had turned thunderous. Was this idiot Bob the builder? Because if I so much as saw a scratch on the door, he was going to fix it.

 I flung open the door as soon as I undid the latch. “For the one who fu--hey mom!” My eyes had gone wide in shock as I saw my mom standing there, her phone still pressed to her ear with one hand and the other on her suitcase.

 She sighed in relief as she put her phone back into her handbag. “I was trying to tell you that I forgot my key.”

 I gave her a wry smile. “Oh.”

 She frowned. “Were you expecting someone else?”

 I shook my head so fast, I’m sure something in my neck cracked.

 “Someone from school?” she pressed, “a boy?”

 “Nope! I just wasn’t expecting you, mother.” I hopped backwards to open the door wider. “Come in.”

 “Honey, why is it so dark in here?”  As she moved  towards the light switch as I plopped down on the couch.

 “Three words mom: dad was here.”  

 The man had closed all windows and curtains, then he’d insisted on me locking the front door. I’d argued that there was no one in this town stupid enough to break into the house after what I’d done to  Uncle Greg when I was nine and obsessed with home alone movies. To prove it, about two years ago, there had been a series of burglaries in the neighbourhood. When the thieves got to our street, they only broke into the houses on the opposite side. They were smart to not even attempt this side for fear they stumbled across this house and me. After all, no one would see trouble before their eyes and still buy it. Dad was still living with us when it happened, yet he still doubted the power of my intimidation…

 When the lights came on, mom gasped as she looked around the living room. “What.. the.”

 “What?” I asked her, surveying the room myself. If you asked me, it wasn’t like the junkyard that was Darren’s room. I’d just made the largest couch my bed, and the immediate floor around it sort of a temporary garbage bin since I couldn’t move around as I wanted. But, mind you, it was the neatest garbage bin I’d ever seen if you asked me. Then there was the center table which accommodated the dishes I’d eaten the lunch dad made me and next to it the stack of books dad had left me from his study.

 “Didn’t this happen yesterday?” she asked, wheeling the suitcase around the books. “Why is there a weeks worth of dishes here? Did you sleep down here last night?”

 “I did sleep here but these are from lunch.”

 “Ay! Just from lunch?” She put her hand to her forehead. “Come on. I’ll help you up to your room.”

 “I’m fine down here,” I said, snuggling deeper into my pillow.

 “Aisha, this room is enough to make anyone go loco. I need to clean up, so…” she took one of my crutches and stretched out her free hand,” ...come on!”

“Mom, its hard going up the stairs, “ I pouted.

 “It will be good practice for when you go to school tomorrow. “ My dad had said the same thing when I told him I wanted to stay downstairs.

 “Mom, I can hardly use those things!” I exclaimed pointing to the crutches. “How do you expect me to race to class every forty-five minutes with them? Dr. Mc.Smelly practically yelled at me for going to school when my ankle was just sprained!”

 “Dr. who? Anyway, you’ll get the hang of it if you just use them further than to the bathroom and back. “

 “Can’t I just stay down here? My feet are up, you can clean without me bothering you.”

 She rolled her eyes and I smiled triumphantly. “Fine.”

 Three chapters, two conversations and one argument with Darren who had just gotten home from school later, the doorbell rang again.  

 “Oh yeah, she’s here,” I heard Darren saying, and I was up in an instant.

 “About time…” I was muttered making my way to the front door. .

 “I think she’s been waiting for you.”

 “I was definitely not waiting for this jerk Sha-” I stopped in my tracks as soon as I looked way down at the freckle faced little green eyed monster named Peter that Darren called his friend.They were howling in laughter with Peter snorting extra hard.

 “I can’t believe she fell for it!” Peter managed holding his stomach in laughter. He high fived Darren and I rolled my eyes.

 “I can’t believe you have the devil’s curly hair,” I retorted, using the one insult I knew he hated the most.

 “Aisha!” Mom was behind of me. “I told you to stop telling him that.”

 “The imps started it!” I defended.

“Mom, she’s just grouchy because she has no friends!” Darren said.

 I narrowed my eyes at him but before I could say anything she held up a hand to stop me. “Darren, Peter, get going or you guys will be late. “

 When they were gone, mom turned to me. “Is this what this is about? You’re worried that your friends won’t come to see you?”

 I snorted. “Mom, I don’t need idiots disturbing me at home.”

 “Oh?” She raised an eyebrow, totally skeptical.

 “Yeah. I’m just concerned about the assignments I missed from school. “

 “Oh, so now school is important?” She put her hands to her hips.

 “Think about it mom. If I fall behind on assignments, it will be to my disadvantage when I return to school next week,” I reasoned.

 “Next week? It’s only Tuesday Aisha! You’re not missing an entire week of school!” She was adamant about forcing me to go.  “Plus, if you’re worried about your assignments, I’ll pass by the school in a while and get them.”

 “No!” I shouted a little too fast. “I mean…. I’m sure someone will drop them off.”

 She narrowed her eyes at me and chuckled. “Someone like Shane?”

 My face fell. “What? Why would I-? How did you-?” My eyes searched her smiling face and realization dawned. “I’m going to kill Darren!”

 “You don’t have to be ashamed of liking someone Aisha.”

 “What?!” My eye  twitched as the atrocity rolled off her tongue. She was saying it so coolly that I couldn’t help but laugh. “Mom I have an anti-idiot policy.Tsk. Shane! Ha! I would rather sit through a Barbie marathon with Alexa!”

 “Right,” she said, sarcasm dripping off the word.

 “Mom, I hate that guy! HATE. Don’t believe those dumb cliches mom . There isn’t a thin line between love and hate. There’s a freaking lava filled volcano!”  

 “Whatever you say honey,” she said as there was a knocking at the door.

I stared at my mother like she’d grown to heads as she went to the door. ‘Ashamed of liking someone’?! Ha! I was ashamed to call her mother after what she’d just said. Then, just when I thought that mom couldn’t get any worse in my eyes, I heard her yell, “Honey, its that boy you like!”

A/N: Guys, thank you for all the mad support! I do appreciate everyone who takes time to read, vote, comment and add this story to their reading list! You guys are awesome! 

-Summer ^_^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...