Whose Eyes Were Red? [s.m][3]

By hoechlin72

A lot has changed in Beacon Hills. Scott McCall and his pack have just survived the Dread Doctors and Theo's... More

trilogy
epigraph
introduction
trailer
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
series epilogue
teen wolf: the movie
part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
part 6
part 7
part 8

chapter 30

3.8K 92 12
By hoechlin72

Hissing as Scott accidentally touched her healing skin from where Gerard had sliced her tattoo off, the boy pulled back to see the Hale pack symbol burned into her muscles like the bodies that they had found when they found the Anuk-ite shells. Looking back to his girlfriend, Scott couldn't help but cry.

"We thought you were dead."

Levi shrugged, a small smirk falling on to her lips. "I thought I was too," she truthfully told him. "But then I remembered you, and our pack, and everyone, and I knew I was going to be okay."

There was a pause before Levi spoke again, her eyes hardening and her voice going darker.

"I know you're not a killer Scott. But oh my, I can't wait to kill that son of a bitch."

//.//

"Now, since you still have a little bit of wolfsbane in your system Melissa and I think it's best that you stay out of trouble for a few days," Chris told the young alpha as she let the man redress the bandages around her healing skin where Gerard had taken her tattoo as a trophy for himself.

Laying on the couch, the girl felt a comforting squeeze on her hand from Lydia as the strawberry blonde watched her friend's face fall at the news. Especially after being filled in on the fact that the Anuk-ite had merged into one and was now capable of turning people into stone, she was less than pleased to find out she was going to be doing nothing to help the rest of her pack.

Watching as the man raised to his feet and started a conversation with her boyfriend at the edge of the room, Levi found herself wondering if there was any chance that they were all going to get through this alive. She certainly almost hadn't, and there was a hint of fear in her that one of them was going to be left lifeless at the end of this.

"Something feels... off," Lydia murmured, her hand still holding on to Levi's. The alpha's eyes shot up instantly to study the look that had crossed across her friend's face. As soon as the blank look had crossed her face, it almost faded and Lydia blinked quickly as she refocused on Levi. "Why are you looking at me like that?" She sassed, squinting at Levi as the girl stared at her in anticipation.

"You said something wasn't right," Levi slowly drawled, realising that Lydia obviously didn't remember the moment that she just had. The strawberry blonde puckered her lips for a second as she tried to recall why she had said it and what it was about, but she found nothing.

Levi had a gut feeling that she was somehow connected to whatever feeling Lydia had, especially as they were still physically connected through their hands. She already felt a bit like death, and was hoping that Lydia's moment had nothing to do with her.

"So, hate to interrupt," Malia started as she jumped down from where she had been sitting on the countertop. Her eyes flittered between everyone as she shrugged slightly. "But are we going to tell Levi about the plan?"

Levi furrowed her eyebrows as she sat up slightly, Lydia moving her hand to rest it on her shoulder comfortingly. They all knew that Levi would heal quickly but with Melissa having advised Chris to make the girl take it easy for at least 24 hours they wanted her to not pressure herself.

"Tell me what plan?"

Scott fidgeted slightly with his hands as him and Lydia shared guilty looks. Catching these, Levi raised her eyebrows higher as she looked between them with confusion written all over her face.

"So, to stop the Anuk-ite we'll be fighting blind," Scott started and a sinking feeling began to sink into Levi. "You said we needed everyone we've got to help and who better to teach us how to fight blind than someone who has experience of it?"

The silence was deafening.

"You mean Deucalion."

It wasn't a question. Levi was simply stating what they were gently trying to break to her. Her tone was cold, emotionless as her mind ran through her thoughts at a thousand miles an hour.

"The man who stole me from my family, brainwashed me to believe he was my father, tricked me into thinking I had killed my friends, made me kill simply for power and then tried to make me kill all of you?"

Malia and Liam raised their eyebrows high, not having actually heard the full story between Levi and Deucalion. They had known there was a connection there and a little bit of bad blood but the rest of the pack had failed to tell them both the full extent of Levi's hatred for the man. The silence echoed throughout the room as everyone else waited for anything to leave Levi's mouth.

"Fine."

Scott blinked in surprise as she spoke. He went to open his mouth to question her when she interrupted.

"I don't want anyone else to die," she started, her mind drifting back to Aiden and Allison both dying in front of her. While she hated what Deucalion had done to her, if he would save them, it was worth it. "If this is our last chance - our BEST chance - at survival then I don't care about some bad blood."

Everyone nodded as they accepted this, watching as the young alpha turned to look at the Argent that was heading towards the door of the McCall household.

"Chris, if we're going to need everyone we've got, I need you to find him," Levi murmured to the man, her face full of hope as she looked towards the hunter. Turning back to look at the girl as he paused at the door Chris knew that she was right. There was one man they certainly needed - especially with his sister so vulnerable.

"I'll bring him home Levi," Chris confirmed, shaking hands with Scott before darting out into the ran. Levi could only presume that the man was heading to the hospital to check on an almost recovered Melissa before he got in touch with his contacts to help locate her brother.

____

"Levi? Scott?" Lydia called, walking deeper into the McCall household. She had presumed that because the door was unlocked that someone would be in the house, but there seemed to be no sign of either of the alphas. Lydia was slightly confused as she was pretty sure that Levi was still meant to be on bedrest after Chris' visit the night prior but her thoughts were inretuppted suddenly.

"Hello, Lydia."

Letting out a high gasp, Lydia spun around to glare at Peter as the man peered across the living room at her.

"Oh! What are you doing here?" She argued, her eyes flashing with fright slightly as she tried to calm her heart rate from the surprise that she had just received from the man. She would be lying if she said their past history didn't leave her always a little weary of the man.

"Looking for Malia," Peter stated as if she should have already known that. He paused for a second before narrowing his eyes at her. "What are you doing here?"

Lydia shook her head slightly at him at his stupid question. If she was in Scott's house shouting for her alphas then whoever would she be looking for? "Looking for Scott and Levi, obviously!"

"Why?"

"Why are you looking for Malia?" Lydia argued back.

"Parental concern. Why didn't you just call Scott?"

"Why didn't you call Malia?"

Just as Peter went to reply, both of the supernaturals were interrupted by another entering the room. With a towel in her hands as she patted at her damp hair, Levi glared between the two.

"Neither of you are getting very far in this conversation," she commented, throwing the towel into the washing basket at the edge of the kitchen. Lydia looked slightly concerned at her friend being up and on the move but remembered that there were other things going on.

"Was Scott in the shower with you? I can't reach him." Lydia bluntly asked, not caring about hearing anything to do with the sex life of her friends.

Levi scoffed slightly at the idea, sure her and Scott had showered together and Lydia knew that, but it wasn't something she would have ever wanted to discussed around Peter. The man raised his eyebrows almost mockingly and Levi snarled slightly at him.

"No, he and Malia left this morning before I woke."

"Well, I can't reach her, or anyone," Peter told both of the girls, his voice turning a little more serious as he realised that no-one knew where they were. "There's reports that several cell phone towers in the area are down."

There was a moment as Levi and Lydia shared a worried look. It didn't seem a coincidence that as they were gearing up for the biggest fight in their life that all communication had suddenly been cut off.

"Okay. That's definitely cause for concern," Lydia breathed out, running a hand through her hair as she saw Levi pull her still damp hair into a high ponytail in anticipation for any sudden movements they might be needing to make.

"It's more than that," Peter told the two teenagers, knowing that something really wrong was happening.

"Monroe and Gerard?"

"They're cutting us off from the outside," Levi realised, her eyes widening as she turned to look at both Peter and Lydia. Lydia's eyes widened at the same time that Peter's did. Realisation all crossed their faces at the same time and Levi could smell the chemosignals that the two supernaturals were giving off.

"And from each other, which likely means that they've already started amassing troops on their side."

Lydia grabbed her car keys as she looked at both of the wolves.

"Then we better find ours."

_____

"They haven't been here. Maybe we should go to the school?" Levi asked, not smelling any scents of anyone in the animal clinic that would resemble Scott or Malia. It was all old scents, certainly not recent ones.

Peter ignored her, sitting on the operating table as he looked closely at a stressed out Lydia.

"Lydia, you never said why you were waiting for Scott."

Levi realised that Peter actually had a point and turned to look at her friend. As Lydia shot her a look, Levi nodded to tell her to just go ahead and answer the man's question. There was no time left for anyone to be keeping secrets from each other.

"Are you sure you wanna know?" She asked Peter, not realising that what was about to say would have an impact on Levi too.

"Do I need to know?"

"Last night, I woke up saying two words that might just be from a dream, or it might be something else," Lydia trailed off as Levi interrupted her in confusion.

"What two words?"

Lydia paused for a moment. She gulped slightly as she peered at Peter before looking back to Levi. "Where's Jackson?"

Peter scoffed instantly, going on to ramble about how he was disturbed. "That is disturbing on multiple levels. What else? Lydia, don't hold back on me, I never held back on you."

Levi moved away from their conversation for a minute, the words making her feel cold inside as she remembered Jackson's voice on the phone to her.

"I saw you turned to stone. I was in a storage container. It was steel. There was a blue wall," Lydia stuttered out, trying to remember what she had pictured. "I saw everyone, even Derek and Ethan. All of you turned to stone."

Levi's head shot up as the girl mentioned Ethan. Jackson and Ethan. Thinking back to the phone call she had been a part of when in captivity with Gerard, her eyes scrunched up as she came to a realisation.

"Ethan and Jackson must have been heading here," Levi muttered and the other two nodded, not really understanding that she was meaning they were both coming to Beacon Hills with each other.

"Do you mean shipping container?" Peter interrupted. Levi knew instantly by the sound of his voice that he was gathering an idea on where exactly the two members of their pack were hiding out.

"Yeah! I was surrounded by them."

"I think I know where that is."

Levi sighed slightly in relief as she turned to look her uncle in the eyes. "Then you know how to find Scott."

___

They arrived just in time to hear Deucalion inform Scott that he maybe had a chance of surviving the war that had just started to arrive. As the three ran towards the once blind man and the other members of their pack, Levi slowed to a halt once she was next to Scott. The alpha lightly grabbed her shoulders as he checked her over for injuries, a soft look on his face as he studied her.

Deucalion smiled ever so slightly, knowing that even with his bad history with Levi that this was something he had tried to ignore happening. He had realised that there was a strong connection between the two alphas when they had first been introduced to each other and he once had considered that a factor to make Scott join him on his conquest.

"None of us are going to survive this," Lydia interrupted, completely counteracting what Deucalion had just told the true alpha. Malia's eyebrows shot up instantly as she moved forwards to listen better to what Lydia was about to tell them.

"What? Why? What are you guys doing here?" Scott asked, confused as to why they had all ran over out of breath. His first reaction always would be to check on Levi but it had distracted him for a moment.

"They're coming, Monroe and more!" Peter rushed out, knowing that something really wasn't about to go well. Just as the words left his lips, Levi heard the loud screeching of car tyres and guns being loaded from just behind them. "And they have heavy firepower."

"They aren't just coming," the girl warned lowly, flicking her claws out as her canines grew and eyes turned red. "They've arrived."

As Monroe slowly stepped down from the front seat of her jeep, Levi tensed up as she felt all the anger she had been holding in rush over her. Letting out a loud roar Levi charged forward, ignoring the shouts from her friends behind her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

279K 5.6K 40
Brooklyn 'Brooke' Hale had fled the small town of Beacon Hills six years ago when she thought she lost all of her family in a tragic fire. However, w...
399K 9.9K 20
❝𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘤, 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘣𝘶𝘵, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮...
4.5K 230 10
bella mastrano is known for running away from many things: her childhood home, her family, her warlock powers, and . . . simon lewis? ( the mortal i...
18.7K 863 54
growing up in a family entangled in the rigidity of tradition, evelyn harper sought solace in the embrace of soccer. the soccer field was her sanctua...