Stranded| m.yg ✔

By BurkahRae12

"Of all the people in the world, I had to be stranded here with you?" "Why are you sleeping during a life or... More

I N T R O
ONE| Aboard
TWO| 24 Hours
THREE| Storm
FOUR| Breathe
FIVE| Salvage
SIX| Need
SEVEN| Clean
NINE| Emotions
TEN| Sinking
ELEVEN| Different
TWELVE| Fever
THIRTEEN| Home
FOURTEEN| Trip
FIFTEEN| Flirt
SIXTEEN| Bite
SEVENTEEN| Deal
EIGHTEEN| Relationship
NINETEEN| Moments
TWENTY| Dark
TWENTY-ONE| Steps
TWENTY-TWO| Rescue
TWENTY-THREE| Wrong
TWENTY-FOUR| Funding
TWENTY-FIVE| Elope
TWENTY-SIX| Cake
TWENTY-SEVEN| STRANDED
F I N A L T H O U G H T S

EIGHT| Shave

7.2K 480 545
By BurkahRae12

Yoongi wasn't entirely sure how he was supposed to get the two of you rescued, but with already a few weeks into being stranded on the island, he knew he had to do something. The only thing he could think of was to set up signals on the beach in order to alert any sort of rare passing by vessel that you were there.

He would always go down to the beach alone and leave you at camp while he made fires on the shore; striking the sparks alive and setting the small bundle of sticks aflame. 

Not wanting to leave you alone for too long, (he still thought you'd burn down the camp or something,) he'd only go to the beach in small bursts of time just to check to make sure at least smoke was still emitting from his fire just in case.

One morning you woke up upon hearing Yoongi stir and yawned before rubbing your eyes. He was moving about outside the shelter collecting things you knew was for the days rescue signal.

He began walking in the direction of the beach but you called out to stop him.

"Yoongi can I come help?" You asked, still sounding groggy from just waking up. He stopped when he heard your voice and paused; seeming to weigh the prospect of your question.

With no excuse he could think of to say no, he simply sighed.

"I guess," he replied, hoping you would be too tired to talk his ears off that morning. His mistake.

You smiled and shook the last of sleep from your head before getting up off of the hard ground, stretching your stiff back, and following him. Unfortunately it ended up being pretty boring due to the fact that Yoongi stayed silent and walked quietly to the beach before getting to work.

You sighed in disappointment but didn't let his silence get the better of your excitement as you smiled at the sight of the blue sky and pretty beach. You skipped out to put your feet in the water and collect shells; entertaining yourself while Yoongi cooley ignored your presence.

After awhile you began to feel sort of bad and felt as if you should be doing something to help the quiet yet hardworking man. Coming up with a sort of idea, you snapped your fingers and grinned before running to fetch a washed up stick.

Yoongi admittedly peered at you questioningly as you used the stick to begin tracing it along the sand; making out letters of massive proportions within the scattered fragments of broken down rock. You traced out S.O.S and stood up straight; looking down at your work feeling very pleased with yourself. You wanted Yoongi to know you had helped, but when you looked over he had his back facing you.

"Hey! Yoongi!" You called out; waving at him to get his attention. He ignored you and you frowned slightly.

You went up to tap him on the shoulder but he just shrugged your hand off.

"Geez what's your problem?" You quipped, moving in front of him.

"Nothing," he answered while rolling his eyes, "I'm just concentrating on making this fire and don't like talking while I-"

Your sudden gasp of surprise pulled him out of his words and he looked up at you in shock; thinking something was wrong and dropping the pile of sticks he had been holding.

"What?!?" He asked as he saw you pointing at him with a wide eyed expression.

"YOONGI!" You began, not believing what you were seeing, "You have FACIAL HAIR!"

He looked at you for a moment before scowling and reaching down to pick up what you had made him drop.

"I mean I guess I was too tired or distracted to notice it before but YOU HAVE FACIAL HAIR!"

"I'm aware now, stop yelling," he spat, eyeing you coldly but secretly blushing in embarrassment. He felt his face getting hot so turned away from you so you wouldn't see.

"Can I touch your face?" You asked, "Or is that weird...?"

"No you can't and yes it is." He answered quickly, your quirkiness and odd questions not helping with the redness that graced his cheeks.

"I knew it! Sorry I shouldn't have asked that," You apologized; facepalming and feeling rather embarrassed for asking. "I think maybe being away from society is affecting me! I need to talk to you more or I may go completely bonkers!"

"I don't really want to talk to you," He spoke through gritted teeth while setting up the fire starters to set the small pile aflame.

He jumped when he turned around to see you up close to his face; a sort of fire in your eyes.

"I mean it Yoongi! do you want me to go crazy? I've already started naming the shells I found earlier! Maybe they'll talk to me since you won't!" You wailed as he warily placed a finger on your nose to push you back.

He was about to push past and ignore you like usual but froze suddenly.

Maybe... maybe he shouldn't take this lightly. He had speculated in the past that you were crazy and had seen what had happened the last time you snapped. He swallowed hard and placed a hand to his throat before looking at you in slight nervousness.

You almost gave up and turned away to go collect more shells with a sigh, but was stopped by Yoongi quickly grasping your forearm.

"Wait. Just hold on, let me finish this first and then I'll talk to you OK? Be patient."

Just as quickly as he had originally grabbed you, he let go and turned away to set up the signal. For some reason you couldn't stop smiling. Finally, finally Yoongi had agreed to talk to you! You normally had to pry words out of him but now he had actually agreed to converse with you like a normal person.

You loved it when Yoongi treated you like a normal person and acted normal himself, as if the two of you were friends instead of enemies. You couldn't wait till the day that he liked you well enough to smile, maybe even laugh, and have fun with you. Of course this had the potential to never happen but as you spent more and more time with him it was becoming clearer that he wasn't always a cold monster.

You sat down in the sand and traced your hand in the hot areas caused by the sun while your frienemy worked. Your ears perked up when you heard Yoongi striking the piece of flint against steal to start up sparks and eagerly moved closer towards him. The fire slowly started up and he breathed out in relief that he was successful in creating the fire before realizing that he had actually agreed to talk to you.

Wondering what he had gotten himself into, he did nothing and allowed you to get closer to him. Yoongi let one of his hands lift up to brush past his face, feeling the hair that had indeed began growing there before pointedly turned his head so you wouldn't see.

"I felt sort of useless earlier so I decided to write S.O.S in the sand. Maybe an airplane will see it and we'll get rescued," you began talking, still joyous at the chance to converse with him.

Yoongi hummed lowly in response. You thought it was odd that he refused to face you and moved closer but he only turned away further.

"Manners! You're supposed to face who you're talking to," You chided, scolding him lightly. Suddenly realizing what the issue probably was, you smirked before starting up again. "Oh... I see what this is. You're embarrassed!" 

Red clearly graced the tips of his ears and you knew you had struck some sort of correct conclusion.

"Self conscious I mean," You clarified, "About your beard."

"I don't have a beard!" he exclaimed in anger, whirling around to face you with a red face and furious eyes, "And I'm not self conscious! Didn't I say appearance doesn't matter since we have better things to worry about?"

"Y-Yes," You stammered, a little taken a back by just how angry your taunting had made him.

"Then that's what I mean." 

He looked at your shocked face and suddenly felt a little bad. You hadn't exactly done anything wrong and he had snapped at you once again. Sighing, he turned to fully face you, your eyes lighting up as he did so.

You inched closer in the sand so that your legs even lightly brushed against his, making his heart skip a beat. He ignored this however. 

"Sorry. What were you wanting to talk about?" He questioned as if it killed him, doing his best not to acknowledge the touch between your knees.

You tilted your head slightly in thought before coming to a sort of conclusion.

"To be honest we don't really know that much about each other. Doesn't that make you sad?"

"No."

"OK well it makes me sad. What's your favorite things to do? What are you into?"

You tried to phrase it correctly and not say what was your favorite thing to do or what were you into, because it wasn't like you or he was dead or anything...

"Music." He answered almost immediately, "I'm into music. I honestly miss my phone, computer, and headphones more than anything else."

"Really? You weren't a boyscout or anything?"

He made a face and you laughed a little.

"No. I'm not an outdoorsy person at all actually. The only reason I know about survival stuff is because my dad watches a lot of survival shows on TV. He also made me take a lot of classes on boat safety and first aid and what not. I prefer to stay indoors and I miss the electromagnetic waves." 

"So music? Can you sing?"

"No."

"Dance?"

"No."

"Rap?"

"..."

Your face lit up at the prospect of his silence and you opened your mouth to say something but he interrupted you before you could.

"I'm not rapping for you so don't ask."

You were disappointed but still nodded in understanding before you pursed your lips, thinking of more questions to ask him that at any other time he may not respond to.

"Did you have a girlfriend or anything?" You asked without thinking the question out too thoroughly, "Or anyone you liked...?"

"No."

You thought you had made him irritated again and looked down for a moment in shame, but to your surprise he kept talking.

"I didn't have time for anything like that."

"Really? What were you doing?"

It was Yoongi's turn to hide his eyes and he breathed out through his nose before biting his lower lip and flicking his eyes back from you to the ground.

"I'd rather not say."

"Oh." His refusal made you curious but you still respected him so stayed quiet. "Don't worry you don't have to."

He was surprised by how easily you complied before feeling grateful. You could have begged and forced him to release his true reasoning but had been respectful of his wishes. Yoongi decided then that he should cave into the conversation you so desperately seemed to want and ask you a few questions in return.

"So do you have a lot of family? Besides your dad?"

"Um, yeah actually," You perked up, "I have my mom, dad, and a few siblings. My dad owns a company so my mom doesn't have to work and can take care of the house and kids."

"Hmm."

Yoongi tried to not let the thought of how happy your family must be corrupt and make him jealous. Things always tended to work out for those who had money.

"Of course... dad's company is struggling right now. Actually... for all I know it could have collapsed..."

"What do you mean?" He asked, now curious.

You sighed and allowed your hand to grip into the sand.

"He needs a large sum of money fast or we'll be broke."

Yoongi's mind spun as he watched you and listened to what you were saying. He felt like you always seemed to be hesitant upon telling him certain things and he was at the point where he sort of wanted answers. 

"(Y/N) you don't have to tell me anything but..." He struggled with his words and felt unsure of what he was asking, "Why are you even in an arranged marriage?" The touch between your legs became more and more blissfully obvious the more personal the conversation became.

"It's OK. I'll tell you, I mean I feel like it's OK if you know. It's not like you can tell anyone anyway and slander the name of our family. For now at least. Dad set up the marriage in order to save his company." 

Yoongi's eyes widened and he looked at you in surprise.

"What?! And you agreed to that?"

"Well... yeah." You answered, shuffling uncomfortably.

"Because of the perks I guess? You know, private island and all that?"

"No." You responded quickly, feeling a little irritated that he still thought you were somehow out for money, "Not at all."

"Then why?"

You sighed and looked down.

"Because I love my family I guess. And I'd do anything for them."

This was something Yoongi understood. He would do anything for his dad and had been for the past few months... before he had gotten stranded at least. But to give yourself away to someone you didn't know forever? His respect for you continued to grow.

"What about you? Any family?" You asked, feeling the tension and wanting to dispose of it.

"Just my dad."

You still felt the thick tension that your previous question had failed to dispose of and figured you should wrap up the conversation. 

"OK last question. This is getting a little awkward."

"Agreed."

"What do you value most in life?"

Yoongi contemplated this for a moment, allowing your words to fully register in his mind. He knew the answer however fairly quickly and looked you dead in the eye before saying so.

"Sleep."

You laughed at his answer and he smiled slightly. However, he hid the way his lips had softly curved up by crossing his arms.

"I'm serious. In fact, let's go back to camp and take a nap. I didn't sleep well last night."

"OK." You nodded eagerly, pulling your legs away before standing up and brushing the sand off your clothes. Yoongi's heart lurched a little upon your retreat but once again he ignored it. You loved hearing him refer to you and he together, insinuating that the two of you were both going back to camp. In the past he would have just walked away without saying anything.

You walked back to camp following Yoongi closely, secretly looking at his hair. It had been dyed blond, but slowly his roots had been growing back just a bit and black peeked from beneath the light color. You actually liked it and admired it on your trek.

You wondered if you could milk it and ask him for a piggy back ride but decided against. You didn't want to ruin all the progress you had made with him by jumping on his back, no matter how badly you sort of wanted to. 

Jeez. You were going crazy.

~~~

After returning to camp, Yoongi said nothing and simply collapsed on his makeshift bed in the shelter. You sighed and stepped over him; going to your own bed and smiling due to the fact that it was still your turn to have the blanket. You snuggled into the hard and uncomfortable bed but cherished the rest as you allowed your eyes to close.

It must have been about thirty minutes later when you heard Yoongi shift lightly as if turning around to face your direction. You kept your eyes closed and breathed out lightly, he concluding that you were asleep.

Being as quiet as possible, he got up and out of the covers; trying not to wake you up as he crept out of the shelter. You opened one eye to see him walking out and curiosity overcame you. 

He seemed to be heading towards the river and you lifted your head to blink your tired eyes as you watched his departure. Making a decision, you also lightly lifted yourself up and allowed yourself to follow him; careful to not make any noise.

He was sitting next to the river and looking down at the reflective surface, holding something in his hand and doing something. You snuck a little closer, careful to not reveal your presence but wanting to see what he was up to.

He suddenly released a hiss of pain and your eyes widened when you saw him reach for his face and retreat his hand to see blood coating his fingers.

"Yoongi!" You called out, running to his side quickly. He jumped and cursed under his breath when he saw you were there and quickly tried to hide something behind his back. However, your eyes had already caught it. His face was flushed in embarrassment and he bit his tongue slightly trying to think of a sort of excuse. 

It was his pocket knife, and a clear cut was now running across his lower cheek, blood seeping from the wound. 

"Don't worry I'll be right back, I'm going to get the first aid kit," You assured him, too worried about his injury to think about the cause or reasoning.  

He clenched his eyes shut as his breathing got heavy under the extremely embarrassing situation he had managed to make his way into. You returned and forced him to face you by pulling on his shoulders. Your touch and intense gaze didn't help his red face at all. 

"What the heck Yoongi," You scolded, opening the first aid kit to find a sort of cloth. You placed it on his face to clean up the blood and he flinched as you applied pressure to the wound. You were gentle however and did your best not to hurt him. 

He felt dizzy as your soft fingers brushed past his skin and warmth flooded his body. You seemed to feel the heat radiating off of him and looked at up while you kept the cloth pressed to his face. His eyes searched for yours and you met them slowly, you yourself feeling a bit flushed under his intense gaze. 

His head tilted slightly towards the direction of your hand and he cleared his throat; dropping his eyes but unable to disburse the abuse his heart was going through. He had never felt like this before but still barely managed to ignore the feeling.

Thankfully the bleeding stopped fairly quickly and you were able to apply antibacterial medicine to the cut.

"You can hold my hand if you want because it might sting a little," You shyly but sweetly suggested before putting the medicine on the cut.

He narrowed his eyes and turned away, scoffing at your suggestion but flinching hard when you used your fingers to place the cream on his face.

He stiffened and clenched his eyes shut as it stung but didn't cave into grasping your hand that was invitingly reached out for him to grab if need be. You rolled your eyes at his tough guy act and began putting things back into the first aid kit.

"Jeez what in the world were you-" you froze as you were talking when realization hit you. You looked up at Yoongi to see him still blushing and smirked lightly while crossing your arms; leaning back to look at him. "You were trying to shave! With a knife! And you call me stupid! Mr. 'I don't care about appearances' was was trying to-"

He covered your mouth with his hand and shushed you, not wanting to hear anymore in fear that he'd combust in embarrassment.

"I get it OK? No more." 

He was clearly flustered by the way he refused to look at your face and how red his was, and you felt a little bad. Knowing if the situation had been reversed he probably would have never shut up, you still decided to be the bigger person.

"Sorry Yoongi. I know you must be really embarrassed; I shouldn't have made fun of you. I actually have a real razor leftover from my personal bag we were able to fish out of the water if you want to use it."

He made a face and you rolled your eyes.

"It hasn't been opened yet. I'm willing to give it to you if you want, as long as you don't judge my nasty hairy legs when my old razor gets too rusty."

"I'm not taking your things," he muttered and you huffed in annoyance before running to your bag and returning with it in hand.

"OK, then consider this my birthday present to you, for whenever your birthday is. If you don't accept it then I'll... I don't know cry or something."

He looked at you in surprise before looking away and smiling, laughing lightly at your ridiculousness before nodding slightly.

"Alright alright. Thanks I guess." He finally accepted, taking it from you. You grinned widely at the sound of his light laughter and found yourself feeling full of content. You turned to leave him and get back to your nap, but before you did shyly turned back to him and called for his attention.

"Um, Yoongi?"

He looked back at you and you shuffled nervously.

"Actually, I just wanted you to know that... well you don't have to feel self conscious around me, if you do, because... I think you're really handsome."

Silence.

Yoongi wasn't easily stunned. But somehow you had the ability to surprise him relentlessly. His eyes widened and just as his blush had disappeared it came back quickly; his ears turning red and he not able to look away from you who had just given him such a bold compliment. Shouldn't he say something? Like... admit that... he thought you were pretty? But Yoongi couldn't let words like that slip so easily so only opened and closed his mouth in shock, unable to form words so eventually keeping them sealed.

You realized that once again you had caused such an awkward situation and felt the need to retreat quickly for the sake of the both of you.

"Um... OK bye!" You called out before turning and sprinting away from the clearly stunned man.

He held a hand to his chest and breathed out a bit in relief that you were gone. Flustered and unsure, for the first time, he didn't ignore the way his heart was moving. He allowed himself to listen to the way it beat so quickly after your presence and words and a sort of realization hit him. 

And he felt sick and ashamed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 815 28
All it took was one look to decide she wanted the quiet loner sitting in the moonlight. There is something about him, something she can't quite put a...
242K 7.4K 22
You were raised by your grandparents in a small town. Before turning fifteen, you were summoned to meet your real family. At the age of seventeen, yo...
13.9K 907 54
Min Yoongi a egoistic, rich CEO, for whom only name, status , background matters for judging a person. Jimin, a sweet and kind but turns into little...
612K 27K 38
When circumstances force Park Jihye into a loveless marriage of convenience with the younger brother of the person she has loved with her whole heart...