The GIRL in the YELLOW summer...

Par NeetaHalai

Khushi had been living her life perfectly, she had everything she needed, a loving husband, a beautiful house... Plus

PROLOGUE - Together Forever?
Part 1 - The Girl In The Yellow Summer Dress
Part 2 - No Touching
Part 3 - Aria
Part 4 - In The Same Apartment
Part 5 - So Much Hatred
Part 6 - Painful Past
Part 7 - Cheating?
Part 8 - Change of feelings
Part 9 - Tell me the truth
Part 10 - Cheating Or Not?
Part 11 - Pizza Competition
Part 12 - Attractions
Part 13 - Shock
Part 14 - You're Special
Part 15 - Perfect to Imperfect
Part 17 - My Best Friend's Wife
Part 18 - Awkwardness
Part 19 - Date?
Part 20 - Love
Part 21 - The Right Decision
Part 22 - Back Home
Part 23 - Feelings
Part 24 - Six Months Later
Part 25 - Out and About
Part 26 - Hurt
Part 27 - Choose Me
Part 28 - Last Time
Part 29 - Can't Choose
Part 30 - Forgiveness
Part 31 - Losing Her
EPILOGUE

Part 16 - The Truth

2.1K 111 10
Par NeetaHalai

KHUSHI

Everything seemed blurry at first, I was scared I was losing my vision until everything came back to focus, I saw Shrey seated in front of me, he was holding my hand in his tightly and when I opened my eyes, he was smiling like he had just won a lottery.

"Shrey." I whispered as tears rolled down my eyes, I couldn't explain how glad I was that he was back and he was with me.

I looked around the room I was in and then suddenly, I realized I was in a hospital room, and I had so many questions arising in my mind, like how did I even end up here?

"How are you feeling?" He asked worriedly. Why did he look worried? what had happened to me?

"I don't even know, but maybe happy, I missed you so much." I said as I tried to sit, I wanted to hug him tight, for this moment I had forgotten about everything that had happened, about me finding out that he was cheating on me.

All that I remembered at the moment was that he was my husband, and I loved him so much I was happy that he was here with me.

"Hey, be careful." He said as he helped me sit and then hugged me tight, the hug told me that I wasn't the only one that missed him.

"What happened to me Shrey?" I asked as I broke the hug and looked him into the eyes, he looked worried and tensed for me.

"First of all, promise me that you won't panic and you would listen to me silently, and believe me when I say that no matter what, I am here with you, I always will be because I love you so much." Shrey said as he got hold of my hand and pressed it between his tightly.

I don't know why but by what he said, I felt like there was something really terrible, it scared me more and made me wonder, what could it be?

I just nodded positively and waited for him to explain to me whatever the issue was, he stared at me silently for a moment, opening and closing his mouth, finding the right words to tell me about it.

"You are suffering from a brain cancer Khushi, please don't panic, I have everything sorted okay? We'll get treatment done and I promise you'll be fine just like before." Shrey said.

I stared at him in disbelief, for a moment I thought he was going to laugh and tell me he was kidding but he wasn't because he kept on staring at me seriously and honestly I was scared.

No matter what I loved my life like everyone else did, and when I heard the term cancer, it scared the hell out of me, it could scare anyone obviously it was something dangerous and I was already afraid that it was going to kill me, I dint want to die, no one wants to.

I looked at Shrey as tears rolled down my eyes, reality hit me so hard, everything was messed up in my mind, firstly realizing that I had cancer and to make it worse, my husband was sited right in front of me telling me he loved me when a few days back he was cheating on me, why did life have to be so unfair?

"Hey, don't cry, I promise it's going to be okay, trust me Khushi." He said as he cupped my face and looked me into the eyes.

"Trust you? That's what I can't do Shrey, not after you cheating on me." I said as I broke down in tears.

"I haven't cheated on you Khushi, please trust me, I would never think of doing that to you, you also know how much I love you, why would I ever cheat on you my love?" he asked as he looked at me worriedly, like he was really trying to make me believe that he hadn't done anything wrong.

"Then why did you go abroad with that girl? Why did I see her in your room? What explanation do you have to that Shrey? Just stop lying to me, tell me the truth, if you're interested in her you can divorce me, you don't have to be with me out of pity." I said as I looked away from him but he forced me to look at him as he looked back at me in shock.

"I thought we loved each other enough to trust each other no matter what, yes I agree that maybe what you saw made you think certain things but you should at least give me a chance to tell my side of story." Shrey said, he was trying to be calm with me but I could see how angry he was getting, maybe because right now I dint trust him.

"Fine then tell me, I'm all ears." I folded my arms and stared at him seriously waiting for an explanation.

"There was a reason why I left Arnav behind to take care of you when I went abroad, dint you even wonder for once why I did so? I mean I have gone out many times and you were always alone so why did I decide to leave you with someone this time?" He asked.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I knew about your cancer for a while now, you've learnt about it today but I know about it from quite some time." he said leaving me shocked. How was it possible for him to know about it without me knowing?

"If You knew why didn't you ever tell me about it then?" I asked.

"Because I dint want to scare you, I dint want you to be worried, the doctors told me about it and they said I'd need to find the best oncologist for you to treat your cancer, and then I heard about one and tried to contact him anyhow but things dint work and then I met Aria." He sighed and then nodded.

"Yes, Aria is the girl you saw in my room and the one I went with abroad, remember on our anniversary I came home with Arnav? I had gone to get you some food and then I met her there, we talked and she introduced herself to me and I learnt that she was an oncologist, we started talking and I explained your problem to her and I was so glad when she told me she could help me in treating you.

But you see it was about you, I just couldn't trust any random person so I did some research about her and asked people and I learnt that she was the best one available for now, although with less experience but she had saved ninety percent of her patients.

I asked Arnav not to tell you anything about her because I dint want you to learn about your cancer, not until we were to begin your treatment, but before that we had to go and get some special equipment and drugs that weren't available here and that's why the trip abroad with her." He explained

I looked at him, having lots of questions yet but I was glad that I was getting all the answers one by one at least, but then there was a lot yet going on in my mind and all he was saying might be true but I wasn't able to believe it.

"Did you stay in the same room?" I asked.

"No! We had separate rooms and we stayed separately, but one morning her shower stopped working and she needed to shower so I allowed her to use my bathroom, that's why you saw her and her clothes in my room, I swear Khushi, there was nothing between me and her. We were just trying to help you, everything I've done has been for you please trust me." He looked at me feeling defeated, I wanted to believe him after all I loved him and trusted him enough but how could I forget the pictures I had seen.

"What about the pictures Shrey." I asked

"Which pictures are you talking about?" He asked curiously.

I looked around hoping to find my phone so I could show him, I had transferred those images from Arnav's phone to mine hoping to bring them up when Shrey was back.

"Do you by any chance have an idea where my phone is?" I asked him.

He nodded as he pulled it out of his pocket and handed it to me and I wondered how he even had it.

"Arnav gave it to me." he said reading my thoughts, I nodded as I unlocked it and showed him the pictures, he stared at them for a moment in shock and then suddenly a smile curved up on his face as he looked at me.

"What am I going to do about you Khushi?" He said as he cupped my face and then suddenly pulled out his phone, he played a video and handed me the phone to watch it.

"I think those pictures were taken when we were shooting for this video, actually Aria met a friend of hers who usually did covers for songs and uploaded them online so he wanted a video and he begged us to act this for him but I swear we dint kiss, you can see that in the video too."

I watched the video he had played and it was actually true, it was a song cover and they dint kiss, after watching it, I handed him back his phone and sat silently staring at him, he had given me all the explanation I needed and everything he said was so genuine I had to believe it was true.

"I would never cheat on your Khushi, come on babe, you also know that." He said as he looked at me sincerely, the way he looked at me was enough for me to believe him.

"I did know Shrey, but then at times you can't know how the human mind works, I am so sorry, I just believed what I saw and I was scared that I was going to lose you and I dint want to lose you, what would I have done without you in my life?" I said as I hugged him tightly feeling guilty for doubting on him, but it wasn't my fault either, everything was in such a way that I had to doubt things.

"It's okay you don't have to be sorry, maybe if I was at your place I would have thought the same, anyway at least the misunderstanding is cleared." He smiled.

"I'm glad it's clear." I smiled back.

"And now don't worry, We'll get you shifted from here and Aria is landing back here tomorrow with everything we need for your treatment so we'll start your treatment soon and I promise you'll be fine okay?" He smiled.

"Okay." I nodded as I pulled him into a hug once again, maybe he dint mind me doubting on him because he was behaving no normally or maybe he did and just dint show it because I was ill, but whatever the case, I couldn't stop feeling guilty about doubting him, yes I know it was just a misunderstanding and maybe it wasn't his nor my fault but no matter how much I tried, the thought just came up.

He was out there doing everything for me and all I did was to doubt his love for me, how could I even do that?I had known him for so long, I had loved him, trusted him and even got married to him, I should have known that he would never do that to me.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

63.7K 2.7K 8
Story of a broken soul and her saviour. Khushi ,adopted daughter of Guptas...From childhood, she only got betrayal from all. Now she is living only f...
259K 13.4K 61
Hate and Love are two such powerful emotions, but can they ever coexist? Since childhood, Khushi has loved Arnav and has always dreamt of getting mar...
148K 6.4K 18
Six months contract marriage ended with divorce, leaving broken Khushi who totally humiliated and abused by Arnav and his family, REVENGE IS WHAT SHE...
504K 26.4K 60
Highest rank: #26 in fanfiction, #1 in Arshi Won "CHARM AWARD" on IPKKND CHARM AWARDS-2K18 **UNEDITED- FIRST DRAFT** "Khushi, at least we can be frie...