Sweet Like Cinnamon

By bedpeace

<<COMPLETE>> Spin-off to the 'And So' Nevaeh is Heaven backwards, but when people thing of Neva... More

Before We Begin
So Fragile
I Know What I'm Doing
What Do You Want?
I Hate Weddings
I'm Going To Regret This
Dating Games
Off Day
Vegas
Wedding Day
Dry Spell
Shook
Chainmail & Shoulders
Bwana
Runaway
Brand New
On Your Knees
Good Girl
Ndiyo Bwana
Man Hoes & Man Hoe Adjacent
Sorry
Take Me Home
Who?
Opening Up
Daddy Gallo
The One
Fiancรฉ
Deep Like
Who
Guess Who's Coming To Dinner
Just That
Sound Advice from a Stranger
Okay
Opening Up
Couple Therapy
Blood Diamonds
Epilogue

Getting Under

8.3K 359 111
By bedpeace

Two months a long ass motherfucking two month since my faithful night with Anthony, and he hadn't called, texted, and when when we were all invited to dinner at Gigi's house he completely ignored me; I had half a mind to curse him out but I was trying to keep it cute. They said the heart grow fonder that wasn't my case but damn was my body feigning for a good dick down, but my pride that bitch was starting to get on my nerves. The only positive think that had happened was Anastasia giving birth to my niece and nephew; Caspian and Ceren and I was completely head over heels in love with them. They were breathing taking babies and looked exactly like their daddy, Anastasia was better than me because I would of been pissed I tried to fight my own body if I carried to big ass babies and they barely looked like me.

    "What?" I answered my phone trying to figure out who was calling me at 11 o'clock at night.

"Hey is this Naveh I'm not sure if you remember me but it's Chris we met at the club a few months ago?" His smooth voice rolled over me like butter as I quickly remember the dark skin man with dreads who actually held my interest before I dickmatized. I smiled maybe getting under a new one would help me get over an old one.

"What's up? How'd you get my number?" I asked genuinely wondering before I went any further with this man I needed to make sure he wasn't some stalker.

"I'm not a stalker if that what you're thinking. Your friend gave it to me the night your fiance took you."

"So you calling me late at night for what? You trying to have me step out on my so called fiance?"  I relished in the sound of his laugh.

"Nah, just the other night I was out and I saw your man at the club with some shortie kissin' all up on him-" my mind went blank with rage shocking me with how pissed I was. "So I figured your friends were just fuckin' with me so here I am calling you now."

I scoffed "Looking for a booty call?"

"Not like that. I mean don't get me wrong I'm-"

"SO get to the fucking point man. Why did you call me?" I said trying to control my temper it was late and I just wanted this man to get to the point, so I could get to bed.

"I was trying to ask your mean ass on a date, I called this late hoping you'd be more agreeable but I guess you always mean, huh?" He chuckled not showing any sign of being put off by my less than attractive bluntness as some would put it.

I smiled oh yeah ole boy was smooth and as I remember fine as fuck with his dark skin and dreads, damn I loved a hood nigga "So you still asking or you gonna hang up and pretend like this conversation never happened?" I bit my lip already knowing the answer.

"Tomorrow.8pm. You don't seem like the type have a man pick you up on the first date so I'll text you the address."

"Oh it's like that?" I liked my lips this one seemed promising I really hope he didn't disappoint, I was one disappointing moment from becoming a nun.

"It's like that. Now I better let you go before you change your mind, night Nevaeh."

"Night Chris. Don't let me down tomorrow." I said huskily before hanging up the phone not waiting for his response.

*************************

    "There you are aunties babies look how big you've gotten, I've missed your beautiful faces." I cooed Caspien and Ceren as I held both of then in each arm, my arm was getting tired from the weight but I ignored knowing I could hold them for hours doing so. I had taken it upon myself to visit everyday since Anastasia got out the hospital and if I couldn't visit I would facetime, I wanted to be around them at all time and I wanted to them to always know I would love them forever.

"So you just forgot all about me huh?" Anastasia rolled her eyes sitting next to me as she brought her cup of tea to her lips.

"Never you are my first baby." We both laughed and she slapped my arm slightly looking down at the creatures she brought into the world.

"I never thank you."  She scooted closer laying her head on my shoulder. I looked at her questioningly wondering what she was going on about. "You were always pushing me to do things I didn't want to do and I know it's because you wanted better for me, you wanted this for me." she gestured around her large house. "I never thanked you for being my shoulder to cry on when I'd come running to your house after an argument with Angela and Melissa. Protecting me from people who only wanted to hurt me or have hurt me. As big as ANthony is I'm sure the damage done to Hudson was seventy-five percent you if not more. For always believing in me when I refused to believe in myself. You literally saved my life and if you hadn't been there I would of never gotten to experience all of this, I wouldn't be able to call myself a mom. So thank you."

"Hey take these babies I got piss." I tried to keep my voice as calm as possible, Anastasia quickly grabbed her kids and I rushed off into the nearest bathroom, my emotions getting the best of me as soon as I sat on the toilet. Shit that little Hobbit out there always knew how to pull at my heartstrings.

I heard a soft knock and the even softer calling of my name "Vae... I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you cry."

I wiped my tears sniffling, "I'm not fucking crying. I had to piss." Anastasia chuckled opening the door causing me to look up, rolling my eyes as she gave me a knowing look.

"I've known you my whole life and you still refuse to cry in front of me but that doesn't mean I don't know when it's happening." She grabbed my arm and I stood and she pulled me into a hug.

"Bitch you even hug like my mom now." I chuckled wrapping my arm around her waist.

"Well I am now officially the mom friend. Now let's go back in the living room and you can tell me what's going on with you and my cousin in law." I groaned not really wanted to talk about it but I had meddle in her love so I guess this was payback.

    After I finished telling Anastasia all about what happened between Anthony she just looked at me slack jawed before a small smile played on her face. "Interesting. Do you want me to ask Sebastian to talk to him?"

"Hell no. I'm not about to give that big gorilla of a man the satisfaction of knowing I've been thinking about him, and you better not tell Sebastian any of this. It may be until death do us part but it isn't spread your best friend's business around like herpes so please just keep it on the low. Now if you excuse me I would love to stay longer but since my babies are now sleep and my business is now out there, I got a date to get ready for and no it isn't with ANthony." I got up holding my arms out, Anastasia quickly walked into them patting my back.

She pouted "I don't want you to go but okay. I love you text me when you get home. Text me the address of where you are going out to eat. Also don't for-"

"I know I know the twins christening is coming up, as their godmother I promise to be on my best behavior. Byyeee." I waved making my way out of the massive house, damn she deserve all this.

**********************

    It had been 20 minutes into our date I could honestly say I was enjoying myself. Chris was looking all so good with his dreads in a low ponytail, wearing black jeans and a tshirt that proudly stated gucci in front of it. I had asked him a few about what he did for a living but he kept on telling me not to worry about letting me know exactly what he did, but for a bitch like me it wasn't a dealbreaker and I told him that. He was funny and not in trying hard type of way which I enjoyed.

"So how am I doing?" He smiled at me his grill sparkling in the light, he reached out grabbing hold of my hand making me grin.

"Well I'm still here and I haven't cussed you out too bad so you doing alright I guess." I pulled my hand out of his grasp, grabbing my wine glass and taking a slow deliberate drink, licking my lips as i put it down. I watched as he gulped and his followed my lips before his eye returned back to my face. Check and mate. "So what are we doing after this?" I said placing my elbows on the table resting my chin on my hands, I knew my mom would have a fit if she saw but she would have a fit about me being on a date with a drug dealer too.

" I don't know little mama what do you wanna do but I gotta know what's up with you and that white dude with all the tattoos?"

"Instant way to kill my vibe my guy. Why you gotta bring up that fool. He ain't nobody and he will never be nobody and if you want to stay on my good side you won't bring him up again." I said completely repelling back, ugh why in the hell did he have to bring up that white devil. Just thinking about man made me want to pull my fist through a wall.

"I'm sorry don't be that way. I won't bring it up again how about this we finish our meal in silence and you  let me know what you wanna do when we done. Balls in your court." I nodded downing the rest of my wine looking for the waitress to so I could get a fill up.

**********************

    Content. That was the only word I could use to describe what I was feeling. After dinner last night I made the decision to go back to Chris' and he was good he knew what to and not to do and I couldn't fault him for that he got me where I need of course I helped guide him some but it worked and I was well content.

"Hey." He stretched trying to pull me in closer but I pushed out of his grasp turning my head to face the other way "Ay, what's wrong everything okay?" He asked worriedly trying to get me turn to him but I kept struggling to get away.

"Nigga it's early in the morning you probably got morning breath and I probably got morning breath, ain't nothing cute about us killing each other with stank month now let me go." He laughed but released me allowing me to roll out of his bed stretching to the sky in all my naked glory.

"I got a pack of spare toothbrushes underneath my sink," I turned around watching as he watched me lust still apparent in his eyes, I simply nodded heading back into the bathroom. I felt him bump me over and I moved just a smidge.

"You really are a sick bastard..." I shook my head looking up to see him brushing his teeth, he gave me a questioning look. "You just gonna slap the toothpaste on and go straight to town. You don't wet your toothbrush first than put toothpaste on then wet it once more. I fucked a heathen."  I shook my head spitting out the toothpaste in the sink, taking a gulp of water from the tap. "And you don't have a swig cup." Finding my clothes I quickly put them on but waited for him to come out taking a seat on the edge of his bed, looking around his room, it was simple.

"How you gonna just clown a man for his preference while his mouth is full. You really ain't go no chill do you?" I gave him a look letting him know he should of been knew that.

"A preference is like syrup on your pancakes and lack of basic home training is brushing your teeth with a dry ass toothbrush."

"Now you gonna clown my mama's teaching? So you brush your teeth?" He pulled me up wrapping his arms around my waist, placing soft kissing on my neck and I craned it allowing him full access before pushing him away.

""The right way wet the brush than toothpaste than wet the brush again." I scoffed I didn't want to speak ill will of nobodies momma but I couldn't believe she led her child astray like this. Walking out of the room I wasn't surprised to see a few of his friends sitting around the couch, smoking. He let me know last night his house was the spot; it was where everyone watched the games came to chill came to eat, I asked him if any of them was helping fit the bill up and he shook his head no changing the subject.

"So these are the freeloader?" It came out as a question but it was more of a statement, the men looked me up and down taking in my outfit from last. "Now look here y'all ain't just gonna stare at me and not say nothing. It's rude especially since as soon as I leave out this bitch y'all are gonna be talking about me and that good shit I put on your boy last night."

"Um-um sorry I'm John John. This is Cruz and Ray." I nodded as they all finally found their voices and greeted me. Chris laughed taking the blunt from his friends hand taking a hit. Couldn't lie the shit smelled weak as fuck but that wasn't none of my business.

"You wanna stay and smoke or you want me to drop you off at home?" He pulled me into him once more completely ignoring his friends prying eyes, looking him up and down as he continued to blow smoke out of the side of his mouth I couldn't help but smile at how good we looked together and how much I actually enjoyed being around him.

I shook my head no as much as i wanted to I didn't know these other men well enough to be smoking off of them and looking at the blunt the Ray guy was holding I could see how he spit up it was and I wasn't about smoking with people who nigga lipped blunts. "Nah, I'm good. Imma uber home you stay here and chill with your boys." I looked down at my phone happy to see a Uber was about a minute or so away.

"Will I see you again or you about to ghost my ass?" I waved goodbye to his friends as he walked me to the door and we stepped out on his porch. I shrugged licking my lips watching as his eyes flicker down before returning back up to my eyes, he wanted to kiss me bad. "Now lil mama don't be that way I thought-" before he could finish that statement I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him into a kiss, he was only about a inch or two taller than me so his lips were on mine instantly. I didn't feel butterflies or anything when he kissed me but I liked having his lips on mine.

My phone pinged letting me know my uber was here so I pulled away "If you call or text me I'll probably end up responding." I walked down his path throwing my arm in the air not bothering to turn around, I knew he was watching.

Chris

___________________________

A/N: So usually when writing I like to always wait until I've gotten to a half way point on a new chapter before I post one on here, but when I do that it could take me months to get there meaning I don't update; so I won't be doing that anymore. If I have a chapter done than I will post the chapter right away I mean if I go through a dry spell where nothing is coming to me I still might not update for awhile lol. Anyways enjoy and tell me how you are feeling about Nevaeh and her story, anything you want to see (besides the obvious lol).

ALSO ALSO. FACE CLAIM would you guys like to see who I have in mind for my characters or do you prefer I leave it to your imagination? I know some of you have said who you see Anthony as lol.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 23.7K 93
๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ... ๐˜ช'๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฒ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ด
35.1K 366 67
Their is some JIKOOK stories, I loved so much and I would like to recommend you read it too. ๐Ÿ’ขJIKOOK๐Ÿ’ข @mehwishshaheen STARTED__ 1JAN 2021 END__ 27...
3.4M 141K 60
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally โฃ๏ธ Cover credit...
196K 11.1K 63
She has forgotten everything Simply everything. Her childhood, her Memories, her family and loved ones. She even forgot the man who devoted so Much t...