Deaths Calling

By AFallensDesire

What would you do if your world was turned upside in the blink of an eye? What would you do if the life you k... More

Chapter Number One
Chapter Number Two
Chapter Number Three
Chapter Number Four
Chapter Number Five [Unedited]
Chapter Number Six [Unedited]
Chapter Number Seven
Chapter Number Eight
Chapter Number Nine
Chapter Number Ten
Chapter Number Eleven
Chapter Number Twelve
Chapter Number Thirteen
Chapter Number Fourteen
Chapter Number Fifteen

Chapter Number Sixteen

47 1 1
By AFallensDesire

Don't know what to say, with all the projects, school, and other stuff, we've been really awful with our updates :/ We can only apologize, but at least while we're not updating, we're actively working on our stories. You can hopefully look forward to regular updates from now on (I know we said that a few times, but this time we're really going for it!!!) And you might even get to see a few new, exciting books pop up on our page ;)

Enjoy, Comment, Vote! 

More coming briefly!

____________________________________________________________

Robin

The words tasted bitter as I spoke them and left an awful taste in my mouth but I had to say it. I needed to, didn’t I? I couldn’t just let him hurt me further; I didn’t want to be hurt again. But it pained me to utter them. That just didn’t make sense, if I was doing this to protect my heart, why was it aching more now?

 “I like you, Robin. And that only makes me so much more stupid.”

Heaving a deep sigh I shook my head against the seductive touch of his words. He couldn’t have meant them, not if he turned to Ana straight after saving me. If he really did like me than he would have turned to me, no? Am I wrong? Stupid?

Clenching my hands around the bowl, I dropped my head so my hair fell in waves covering my eyes and hiding my broken expression from the others. I couldn’t let them see it, no, they would do something rash, stupid and we didn’t need that.

“Ro?”

My shoulders tensed as she sat next to me and hunched over when her cool hand pressed against the thin material of my top. That hand moved the curtain of hair hiding my face from hers. Levy didn’t say a thing, just took hold of my hand in hers and tugged me to my feet and pulled me out of the cave.

I followed numbly, my eyes betraying me as they shot over to where he cosied up to Ana and widened a bit when I found his focused intently on me, ignoring the words that she spoke into his ear. What did he see when he looked at me? Did he see the hurt? The sorrow? Or was the mask I wore so powerful that it hid them away from him even though they threatened to rip me apart?

 What was this sudden deep need for him?

Outside, Levy took a deep breath of the cold air and smiled softly at me before leading me down to the tree line where we could talk in peace and within the safety of the cave.

“Spill,” she ordered.

“Excuse me?”

“Don’t Ro,” Levy sighed. “You can lie to all of them, fool them with your cool expression but not me. I am your best friend. I know you. Remember? I am the only one who knows you had a crush on Mr. Matters.”

“Have,” I mumbled. “Not had. Saying had means he’s gone.”

“Yeah,” she grinned at me. “So you still like our teacher?”

 Rolling my eyes I chuckled. “Maybe.”

Levy released a high pitched giggle and clapped her hands and sighed. “I can’t blame you. He’s so dreamy and young! Like what? In his twenties? Hmm.”

“Uh, Levy? Where are you going with this?” I asked with a frown as she continued to gaze into the distance daydreaming of our teacher.

“Oh, right,” she blushed and giggled nervously before sobering up and squinting at him. “What happened between you and Dante?”

I sighed and crossed my arms. I knew she was going to ask but I just didn’t want to talk about it yet maybe if I voiced it she could help. “We kissed.”

“What?!” She squealed and gripped my arms tightly. “You kissed?! And when were you going to tell me? Wait...why is he with Ana?”

“Why indeed?” I asked back shrugging out of her grasp and going to relax against a tree. She followed close behind and when I glanced at her, her eyes were filled with sympathy.

“Oh, Ro,” she murmured. “You’re first kiss...” her voice faded when I just looked to the grass with a sigh but then she perked up and punched my arm. “You don’t need him!”

“Huh?” I narrowed my eyes over at my friend. One moment she was serious, then giddy, then sombre, now happy? What was she on? If she had any of it left, I’d take some.

“You don’t need Dante!” she declared rather loudly. “You have Kade!”

“Our English teacher? Mr. Matters?!” I screeched at her. “Are you kidding me?!”

“No! It would be awesome. A love affair! You both survive this and meet somewhere and he grabs you with his nicely muscled arms and pulls you near before devouring your mouth with his,” she gushed with a huge grin.

“You were reading erotic novels again, weren’t you?” I asked.

“Robin and Kade!” she screamed to the heavens and I stilled, eyes darting to the cave like a nervous twitch.

“Would you shut up?!” I hissed. “Some of us have highly sensitive hearing! They can hear us!”

“I don’t care!” She grinned. “What? It’s not like you haven’t fantasised about him?”

Heat raced to my cheeks at her words and she gasped dramatically, her hands flying to her mouth while her eyes shot open with glee. “Holy shit, you have! You’ve fantasised about Mr. Kade Matters!”

“Shut up,” I snapped, my cheeks burning with embarrassment.

“Ooh! Tell me, what did he do in your dreams?!” She quizzed gripping my arm. “Was he sweet?” she shook her head before I could respond (not that I was going to). “No, he’s too sexy to be sweet. Was he rough? Was it good? It was, wasn’t it?”

“Was what good?” I wondered faying innocence.

She scoffed at me. “You know what I mean. Please, Ro you’re innocent but you’re not that innocent. I’ve seen your secret book collection.”

 “You mean you’ve stolen most of it?” I corrected and she smiled hugely at me and batted her eyelashes innocently.

“Sooooo,” she drawled. “You and Kade huh? I am the maid of honour!”

“What?” I questioned frowning at her. “There is no wedding! We don’t know if he’s alive, idiot!”

“Of course he is,” she sang. “It’s Mr. Matters, Ro? He has to be. He’s too sexy to die.”

“That doesn’t make sense,” I muttered glancing away from her and pulling a leaf from the tree and ripping it up.

“Whatever,” she sang and spun in a circle before stopping and facing me again. “You will be OK, though? Want me to beat him up? Or better yet, Ana?”

“You know how that would turn out, right? I’d have to save your small ass,” I smirked before sighing and nodding to her. “Yeah, I will be OK.”

“And if not, you come to me,” she poked my cheek. “And we’ll go find Mr. Matters and he’ll make everything better.” I rolled my eyes at her but grinned and agreed nonetheless.

Levy smiled at me, calming down somewhat and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. “Happy Birthday,” she murmured.

“It’s not my-,” I began to argue but she shook her head.  “December twenty-eight,” She said and I gawked at her in shock.

 Was it really my birthday? It didn’t feel like it, not one bit. Wow, I was eighteen now. Something I’d dreamed about, finally legally an adult and what could I do? Nothing. No party, no celebration, no sigh that I had reached another year of my life.

“You and Reed are the same,” Levy mused. “You both forgot.”

“Can you blame us?” I asked and she shook her head. We headed back up to the cave and I paused at the entrance to glance at her and shake my head in disbelief. I was eighteen today, really?

Slinking into the dark area, I spotted my brother and headed for him. This time I didn’t let my eyes wander over to Dante instead I turned my back fully to him and hugged my brother.

“Happy eighteenth, bro,” I mumbled into his shoulder. “Another year older, another year wiser.”

“Happy eighteenth sis,” He replied clapping me on the back. “Before you know it you’ll be covered in wrinkles.”

 I pulled back with a frown. “Says who? You’re the elder here, if anyone wrinkles first it will be you, mister.”

“Before that happens,” Levy interjected with a mischievous grin. “Robin here is to marry Kade.”

“What?” Jake blurted spitting out water he’d been drinking. “Our English teacher?”

 Levy turned to him with mock astonishment, her hands clasped to her chest. “You mean, you didn’t know? Ro and Kade have been going at it since she was sixteen.”

“WHAT?!” he shouted lunging to his feet. “That pedo!”

Reed’s booming laugh echoed around the cave and I joined in. Jake turned on us, his face flushed before stilling and glaring at a giggling Levy. “You’re dead,” he growled and she paled backing up a step.

“Oh shit,” she whispered and turning letting out a squeal as he grabbed her and assaulted her with tickles.

Reed turned to me and I tuned them out to smile at him. “Mr. Matters huh?”

“Yup,” I popped the ‘p’ and winked at him. “He’s my lost love you know? According to Levy he’ll find me.”

Reed snorted and looped his arm around my shoulders pulling me into a one armed hugged. My arms eased around his waist and hugged him tightly back. I sighed happily as he ruffled my hair and we watched Levy and Jake argue. It was just like old times. All we needed was Shane and then we would have been complete.

Yet, why didn’t I feel OK? Why couldn’t I put a stupid skinwalker out of my mind?

Dante

I was, to say the least, confused. I couldn’t take my eyes off of her for a second, constantly following her actions. But in the same time I was lost in their chatter. I didn’t know her, and the fact bothered me. Especially with all the teacher talk.

I know I had no right to, but I felt jealousy spike up inside of me. It was a weird combination, added up to the pain that still lingered, confusion that seemed constant, and passion that I’ve only recently uncovered. At least when it comes to the human girl that seemed to be the cause of everything recently.

She is eighteen. The fact echoed in my mind, making me squirm uncomfortably. I didn’t know she was older than I am. Only a couple of days, but still older. I still wouldn’t be her age for roughly forty eight hours.

“You okay?” Keira whispered, elbowing me when I wouldn’t calm down. I hissed in her direction, still refusing to look away. Now that I was rejected, I found her even more appealing than before. Typical, I know.

“I’m fine. Don’t hit me!” I growled at her, and she chuckled in response, elbowing me again. I sighed, closing my eyes and turning to look at her. She grinned like she had won million dollars or something.

“I did it! Made you look at me! I win!” She giggled, sticking her tongue out like a three year old. I rolled my eyes at her in annoyance.

“Yay for you!” I sighed, chuckling slightly. She grinned back at me, and I was just about to snap at her when I heard Dean’s deep voice above us.

“When you’re done fooling around, maybe I could talk to you about something important.” He said, slightly agitated. It was enough to sober me up from the weird mood I was in, and I jumped at the opportunity to take my mind off of things.

“Sure, what do you want to talk about?” I asked, perhaps a little hurriedly, as  I stood up. Keira pouted at me, but I ignored her.

“We are running low on supplies.” He sighed, running a hand though his hair. “We need to go back to the town and get some more.”

“But we brought some with us when we came back.” I growled, narrowing my eyes. “They couldn’t have gotten used up so quickly.”

He glared at me, and a growl almost broke though his lips before he bit it back. “You brought only a bunch of snacks. No one can live off of that! We need real food if we want to keep our strength. Besides...” He said nervously, looking around as if he was afraid someone might hear him. “I’ll have to... try visiting the hospital. I haven’t had any blood since that vampire chick, and that was hardly a meal.”

I tensed, noticing for the first time the way his eyes would linger on the humans, especially Robin. I growled lowly, snapping his eyes back to me. He smiled almost apologetically. “We’re going right now.” I growled, and he smirked.

“It’s all about motivation, ha?” He chuckled, and I fixed him with a glare that had even him backing off.

“If you touch her...” I growled lowly, so none of the others could hear us. He already admitted to me before he found her blood appealing, and I wasn’t up for taking chances.

“Don’t worry.” He chuckled. “I can control myself. For now...” His forehead creased up and he frowned. “I hate that part of me.” He admitted, and I rolled my eyes ignoring him as I started for the cave entrance.

“Where are you going?” One of the humans, her brother Reed asked, jumping to his feet. He looked at us with distrust, and I could see he still had to get over his dislike for supernatural being.

“We are just going to gather some food in the town.” I exclaimed, trying to keep my voice neutral. “That’s all.”

“The town?” Robin chirped jumping to her feet. “I want to go with you!” She exclaimed loudly, crossing her arms.

I growled in her direction. “You should stay here, it’s too dangerous for humans. You know what happened the last time you insisted on exploring that place.”

Her eyes darkened over and she glared at me with anger burning in her eyes. “I am not a child, I can take care of myself.” She huffed, turning to Dean. “I can come, right?”

“Ro, I don’t think that’s such a go...” Her brother started, outstretching his arm as if he planned on restraining her.

“Shut up, Reed, I want to go. I can make my own decisions.” She snapped in the direction of her brother. He seemed stunned with her reaction, and backed down quickly. I was surpised too with the amount of anger in her voice.

She glared at me again, and the intensity of her stare almost made me back away too. However, she quickly focused on Dean again. “So? What’s your answer?”

He seemed torn, his eyes dashing between me and her. In the end, he sighed, looking at her as he spoke. “You can come, but it’s own fault if you get hurt.” He turned to face my glare, but only shrugged. “Sorry, she’s scarier. She’s got the snake.”

I huffed, turning around angrily. I didn’t want to waste my time inside, listening to her quarrel with her brother. I knew who would win anyway. In the end, three of them walked out. Draco, Robin and Reed all ended up joining us.

I growled in annoyance as we moved down the hill at a snail’s pace. The humans were just slowing us down. The walk to the town was long and painfully silent. No one dared say anything. Robin and her brother were obviously still angry at one another, Draco was never much of a people person, and Dean was now uncomfortable around me.

Anger was almost starting to seep out of me, and I couldn’t understand why. True, she was putting herself in danger, but it wasn’t a good enough reason to completely put me out of balance like that. Something weird was happening to me, and I knew she was the reason. Every time she was concerned I got needlessly emotional.

Once the town finally got into out sight everyone loosened up, ironically enough. It was almost as if we embraced the danger, welcoming it after the personal drama that we were through. However, it was probably inevitable for something like that to happen when there were so many people in one place.

Draco sped up his pace, turning only for a second. “I’m going ahead to scout, I’m counting on you to keep your eyes on her, dhampir boy.” After that, he vanished among the houses in front of us. Robin looked after him as if she wished she could join him, but didn’t move to do so.

“Come on.” I growled grumpily as I pushed passed them and ventured into the town myself. The others caught up hurriedly, and I headed in the different direction from where we went the last time.

I knew that Dean was in desperate need of blood, so that was our first goal. I couldn’t make it obvious though, so we had to find a place where we could leave humans gathering food before we could take care of his ‘problem’. I didn’t want her anywhere near him when he finally gets blood. I didn’t want him losing it.

However, even after we found a store that still had some useable food left, the snake was nowhere to be seen, and I didn’t feel brave enough to leave them alone in the deserted town. I was almost eaten away by anxiety as I reluctantly helped them collect the food, looking around nervously for the snake to appear.

When he didn’t, and we were done collecting the food I waved Dean off to the side. I sighed and closed my eyes before I spoke. “What are we going to do?” I growled. “We can’t leave them here, and we can’t take them with us.”

“I can go on my own.” He offered, but I was hesitant to agree. He was a dhampir, which meant that even though only a part of him was a vampire, he could easily lose control when confronted with blood. And even though it was supposed to be harder for it to happen, once they were down that road, dhampirs could never return.

I shook my head with a sigh. “II guess we’ll all have to go.” I said reluctantly. “But... if you try to hurt her...” I growled warningly, and he chuckled.

“You are really protective of that girl.” He grinned. “I wonder why. Can it be that you actually like her, Dante?”

I tensed, glaring at him. “I don’t know, and it doesn’t matter.” I murmured. “The facts are, if you hurt her, I’ll hurt you.” He merely laughed, turning around and ignoring me as he went to pick up his backpack.

“So you really do have a thing for her, Dante. It is ironic really, since you don’t seem to be interested in advances of your own kind.” I didn’t respond to his provocations, mostly because I didn’t know what to say.

Feeling on edge, I cast her a glance. She seemed so beautiful, simply joking with her brother while they both sat on the ground in front of a rundown store. I caught myself in the middle of the thought and blushed. What was happening to me?

Robin

Even though we could joke easily and naturally there was something off between Reed and I. Something had changed but I couldn’t tell what and from the expressions he made, neither could he. It didn’t make sense, I’ve never snapped at him like that, never. I didn’t like it but he can’t keep me locked up somewhere safe.

“Reed,” I whispered drawing his attention. “I’m sorry for snapping.”

His eyes softened and he grinned at me. “S’OK.”

“It’s not,” I hissed. “Don’t you feel it? Something weird? We’ve never argued before, never and now we do? I don’t understand.”

“It’s stress,” He murmured as Dante and Dean walked over to us. “All this happening to us, snapping is allowed.”

“No it’s not,” I persisted. “You are my brother.”

We fell silent as the two paused above us and I frowned at them. Reed glanced at Dante with something close to hate in his eyes and I swear I saw them swirl another colour for a brief flash. I sucked in a breath and gawked at him but before I could say a thing Dante cut me off.

“We have to go,” he barked and received two pairs of glaring eyes for his troubles. “Now.”

“I thought you were a cat,” Reed mused. “They don’t bark like a bitch. So I suggest you don’t either.” I giggled at my brother’s witty response and he smirked with triumph.

“Where are we going?” I asked directing my attention and focus to Dean. It was easier this way, pretending he was not there made it easier to ignore the pang of pain I felt whenever I saw him.

“To look around more,” he murmured his eyes darting around. I frowned slightly eying him for a moment before sighing and slapping Reed on the shoulder as I heaved myself up and he followed suit.

“Lead the way, vamp,” I grinned when Dean scowled at me but nodded nonetheless and exited the shop with us trailing after him and Dante picking up the rear.

                                                                                ******************

We walked for an hour of more before stopping in front of a deserted hospital. The giant letters declaring it was indeed and hospital were hanging loosely and some even were smashed on the ground. I hesitated for a moment as Dante and Dean walked on and into the hospital without a care. Reed and I shared a cautious glance before hurrying to catch up with them.

Inside it was cold and dark, the windows we passed as we made our way through the empty halls were barred up with wood and blankets, blocking all light from entering. My pulse increased the further we delved into the hospital, something wasn’t right. It gnawed at me, unknown instincts kicking in and telling me that I was being watched, that there was something here with us. I drew closer to Dean and Dante noticing my brother held the shotgun he brought, at the ready. Our eyes connected briefly and again I saw something swirl within their depts.

“What are we looking for here?” Reed questioned and I jumped as his voice echoed around the hall.

“Shush!” Dante hissed at him and my anger spiked up.

“We have a right to know why we’re here!”

“If you aren’t happy then you shouldn’t have come,” He spat his eyes flaring up and I scoffed, folding my arms and glaring back at him.

“You’re such a-.”

My head whipped to the side abruptly and my voice cut off. A chill charged down my spine as I stared at a barred down that led down to the morgue. I could hear something but it was not with my ears. No, the sound was buried deep in my mind, luring me.

Come closer, it purred. Help me.

The voice whispered other words of encouragement seductively to me and I felt my eyes close as it wove around my mind. Help, it repeated in its soft voice. Feed me.

Ro!” Reed snapped and like a switch flipping on my eyes flew open and the voice screeched in ager.

Unconsciously I’d taken steps away from the boys and stood before the door, my hand on the wood that covered it, nails digging it. Gasping I stumbled back in fright. What had happened? How had I-?

I didn’t get time to think further as something crashed into the door from the other side rattling the bars and pushing them loose. Something screamed, a high wail that pierced my eyes and I cried out crouching down and covering them.

The door shattered and I yelped as I was attacked by pieces of flying wood and metal. Something cut into my neck and I felt it begin to burn as I was swooped into a pair of powerful arms and around me the world blurred.

I heard a door slam shut and the sound of metal screeching before my eyes fully adjusted to the dim light in the small patient’s room. I panted for breath my eyes not focusing on any one spot as something hit the door with a bang.

“Ro?” Dean called out, moving around the room to grab the second cot and shove it against the door, locking us inside.

“Reed? Where is Reed?!” I screamed seeing that neither my brother nor Dante were with us.

“Relax,” Dean snatched my arms and spun me to face him as I went to try and move the beds so I could find him. “He is with Dante. I saw them duck into another room. He will be fine.”

“Are you sure?!” when he nodded I allowed myself to calm a bit and gawked at the door. “What was that?”

“I don’t know,” he murmured and something about his voice caused the hair on the back of my neck to rise and I turned slowly to see his eyes lowered focused on my neck. They were glowing an unearthly glow and I stumbled a step back.

“Don’t,” he breathed from suddenly right behind me.

I yelped and when to whirl around but his arm locked around my waist and pulled me back against his hard chest. I stilled as his other hand slide slowly up my bare arm and brushed the air from my neck. The strands caught in the blood pulling from the cut tugged uncomfortably and I squirmed in his grasp.

Dean groaned and his head fell onto my shoulder. “Don’t struggle,” He whispered. “It excites it.”

“It?” I squeaked fighting to keep my heart from going into overdrive.

“The beast within,” he breathed as his lips danced across my skin and lifted to where the cut was. I whimpered but remained frozen in place. I didn’t want to entice him.

“Please don’t,” I pleaded swallowing thickly as his tongue slid up my neck licking up the blood and leaving a cold trail in its place.

“I have too,” He murmured into my ear, his lips brushing the lobe. “Oh, I need to.”

“Please,” I whispered as the arm around my waist gripped one of my hands and pinned it to my side. I jerked in response and he groaned, nipping my ear.

“Remember what I said, don’t struggle,” he breathed as his mouth fell back to my neck. “It won’t hurt, I promise.”

“Dean-,” I whispered just as I felt something sting horribly. My body shuddered against his but his vice like grip kept me in place.

Soon though the pain vanished and was replaced by a warmth that grew into intense pleasure. My head dropped back exposing more of my throat as he greedily gulped at my blood. My eyes drifted shut as his grasp left my waist and moved to clutch my hip.

A low moan rose from my throat and I felt my cheeks flush with heat. What was happening? This shouldn’t feel good? My hand lifted to his head and grasped at his hair but instead of pulling him away, my fingers tangle in his silky hair and pressed his head closer to my neck.

“Dean,” I murmured and his groan answered me as he swallowed more. “Stop.”

It felt good, yes, so good it almost hurt but my body began to weaken. My hands trembled and fell limply to my sides as my leg no longer had the strength to hold me upright. It didn’t matter thought since Dean cradled me in his arms. My head felt fuzzy, my eyes clouded.

My ears echoed with the sounds of him swallowing down my precious blood, my neck itched and ached and I felt the pulled from where he sucked at the vein. I couldn’t stay away longer, I couldn’t fight it, and my body began to fail.

“Help,” I begged before the power of speech left me and my eyes shut fully as darkness overcame me and I descended into an abyss of peace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145 52 40
(Clair de Lune book #3) "I am here to officially confirm the existence of beings beyond human limitations on this planet, and they are by no means fr...
628 39 9
What would you do if you died way too early and someone offered you a chance to keep on living. Would you take the chance to live again and finish wh...
4.3K 272 47
Humans no longer exist. The world is overrun by vampires, werewolves, demons, and shape shifters. There's a war between them all. That is until some...
26.7K 1.7K 47
Moments; singular, siphoned, like grains of sand which fall restlessly, and build without limits...growing with increasing momentum, each step, beat...