Paradise: A Brittana Fanfic

By thekid05

AU. Brittany and her family relocate to Hawaii. She meets a intriguing local girl who turns her world upside... More

CC Jons
Kiholo
Haole
Palehua
Kohala
Hana Hou
Homecoming
October 15, 2006
Pololu Valley
Mauna Kea
Laupahoehoe Point
New Years Eve
Pahoa Tournament
Waiakea
Waimea Wooden Playground
Konawaena
Waipio Valley
Hi'ilawe
The Valley
Spring Formal
Her Past
Beer Pong
Argument
Coming Clean
Hear Me Out
Senior Game
Secrets & Stories
Fishing Tales
Questions
Worry
Truth Be Told
Uncle Ben's
Recovery
BIIF Championships
85
Changes
States Pt. 1
States Pt. 2
Champions
Mana Road
Puddle Action
Pualena
Graduation

Kamuela

17.5K 218 428
By thekid05

AN: I felt like writing a story that mirrored my life. Not Brittany's role in the story. But Santana's. AU because obviously, they never lived in Hawai'i. So, here I go. Brittana AU that starts their Senior Year :) Enjoy!

"Come on Brittany, it's time for us to get going. Our flight is at 1:35 and you know your mother likes to get to the airport early."

Her dad's voice faded as he walked out the front door. Brittany was still upstairs in her room, which was now bare. Six months ago her dad announced that they were moving. Of course she was excited. She had never really been outside the state of Oklahoma before. And now that she thought of it, she doesn't remember the last time she had been on an airplane.

"Honey, we have to get going." Her mom yelled up to her.

"I'm coming!"

With one last look Brittany walked out of her room and shut the door for the last time. It left her with a bitter sweet feeling. She got into the car and they started to drive away. As she looked at her former home, she began to tear. This had been her home since she was a baby. She didn't think she'd get this emotional over leaving the place she was so desperate to depart from.

But regardless, she was ecstatic. I mean, how many people can say that they were moving to Hawaii? She was moving to the place most formally known as 'paradise'. But moving to the luscious green pastures and season-less state came at a price. 3,674 miles and a five hour time difference to be exact. Not to mention leaving her childhood best friend, Quinn. Quinn wasn't as excited at the thought of Brittany leaving for Hawai'i. They were going to be seniors that year and without her, she was going to be lost. Their softball team would be losing their best player. Brittany tried to reassure Quinn that they had champs in the bag even without her but being as stubborn and hard headed as she was, Quinn's predictions didn't change.

As she arrived at the airport, the realization dawned on Brittanythat she may not be back in Oklahoma for a while. She proceeded to help her parents unload the bags and they walked into the airport. Her dad told his friend thank you for the ride and followed quickly behind them.

After going through security and all of that good stuff, they went straight to their gate and stood in line to board. Brittany pulled her phone out of her back pocket and quickly wrote a text to her best friend.

I love you, Q. You'll be just fine without me. Of course I'll always be here to talk. Anytime. I promise. Just a call away. Take care alright. I'll text you when I get to Hawai'i.

The line started to move. As she got closer to the gate, she started to get butterflies. This was really it. She was leaving the Sooner State for the Aloha State. She walked down the ramp and onto the plane. Her seat was a window, which made her that much more excited. I'll get to see everything, she thought to herself. The flight attendants were now going through their safety brief which Brittany was not paying any attention to. Her eyes were pretty much glued to the window as she watched the plane reverse and taxi to the runway. She felt like a little child looking into the window of the candy store.

Eight hours and a really bad neck ache later, Brittany's mom woke her up in time for her to see the islands in view. It was one of the most amazing things she had ever seen in her life. Nearly everything was green. The sun was setting now which made it that much more breath taking. They had to change planes on O'ahu (pronounced ohh-ahh-who) and proceed to the Big Island. That flight was only a short forty minutes. When they landed, Brittany was nothing but excited. Her heart raced and she couldn't stop fidgeting. This was it. Her new home. She followed her parents to get their luggage and then out to the road where her father's new boss was waiting for them.

"Justin!" Brittany watched as her father walked up to a man in surf shorts (swim trunks, to most.) and a tank top. They shook hands and the man walked over to them. "Justin this is my wife, Caroline and my daughter Brittany." The man walked over to his mother and kissed her on the cheek and proceeded to hug her.

"It's very nice to finally meet you. Mark has told me all about you and your lovely daughter here." He walked over to Brittany and did the same thing to her as he did to her mom. She felt a little awkward, not knowing what to do with herself. "I'm sorry. I know you aren't used to that. It's a habit, I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable." He must've read the look on Brittany's face, not to mention her moms.

"Is that like... A thing here?" He smiled and nodded his head.

"Yes. It is. And it's a pretty big thing too. It's like, a sign of respect you could say? Kind of like how men shake hands when they meet. Women always greet each other the way I greeted you. Men will greet you like that as well. They'll just shake hands with other men." He held out his hand. "Let me take your bags for you. I'll put it in the truck bed."

When everything was put in the truck, they all got into the cab and left the airport. It took about thirty five minutes to get from the airport to their new home. Brittany's dad tried to explain as much as he could about their new home to her before they left Oklahoma. The town they were moving to was called Kamuela (kah-moo-ell-ahh.)

It was dark now, so she couldn't really see much. The air was nice and cool. Justin took their bags out of the truck and placed it on the ground. He shuffled around in his pocket and took out a ring of keys and handed them to Brittany's dad.

"Here you go man. Keys to your new place." He turned towards Brittany and her mom now. "Welcome to your new home."

------------------------------------

After two weeks, Brittany and her folks were finally settled in their new home. Her new little town was beautiful. Beautiful green pastures filled with horses, cows and the occasional herd of sheep. This place was what other people dreamed of seeing and here she was, blessed enough to be living in it.

It was a big day for Brittany. Her mom was taking her to her new high school. It was about a fifteen minute drive. There was no freeway here. No interstate. Just a simple two lane highway. It didn't bother her that the drive to school was sort of lengthy- that just meant that she had more time to stare out of the window and admire the natural beauty that Hawai'i was giving her.

"This is it." Her mom parked in the first spot she could find. "We can just walk. I'm sure you don't mind right?"

"I don't mind at all, mom."

"It's just up this way." They walked straight and Brittany saw the school's sign.

Honoka'a (ho-no-ka-ah) High and Intermediate School. Home of the Dragons.

Registration

7/20 & 7/21

Such an interesting mascot, she thought. At her old high school, they were known as the Redskins.

They made their way up to the library where registration was taking place. There wasn't any students yet which calmed the little bit of nerves Brittany had managed to build up on the walk from the car to the library. Brittany walked into the door way and to the table labled M-S. A small girl with brown hair was sitting straight up in a chair, tapping a couple pieces of paper in a verticsl manner to line them up neatly with each other.

"Hi! Last name?" She had a huge smile on her face. The kind of smile that read, I am so excited to be here.

"Pierce." The girl shuffled in the papers and took the third piece from the back and brought it to the front. She placed her finger at the top of the list and slowly made her way down the page.

"Brittany?" Britt nodded. The girl looked through a giant container labled P that was sitting behind her and pulled another paper out from a folder. "This is your class schedule. In the top left corner it has your counseler's name and room nunber. I don't think I've seen you around. You must be new? First year here?"

Again, Brittany nodded her head in agreement. "We just moved here from Oklahoma."

"You're a long ways from home. But don't worry you'll like it here. I'm Rachel Berry." She held out her hand. "If you like, you can find me on the first day and I'll give you the tour. The campus is kind of spread out. It may take a little getting used to."

"That'd be great. Thanks Rachel."

"It's no problem, foreal. Just meet me right outside the library and I'll take you around. Okay so walk down that way and you can get your student ID."

Brittany followed the signs to a area where the ID machine was set up. She had her picture taken and the man gave handed her the newly printed card.

"You'll need your ID to borrow books from the library and to pay for lunch. That's about it." He explained.

"Thank you." And Brittany walked away. She met up with her mom outside and they walked back to the car.

"Are you excited, Britt? New school. This place doesn't look half bad. I was expecting worse." They both climbed into the car and shut the doors.

"I like it. It gives off a really good vibe."

On the drive back home, Brittany was once again entranced by the sheer beauty Hawai'i had to offer. And how lucky she was to now call this place home.

------------------------------------

The first day of school came faster than Brittany expected. Her mom dropped her off closer to the library this time so that she wouldn't have to walk as far. She waved bye and her mom drove off. Rachel was wearing short denim shorts and a tank top. It made her think twice about her choice of attire. She wore skinny jeans with a nice dress shirt she bought at Rue 21. Brittany felt like she overdressed. Rachel spottd her from afar and was now waving frantically.

"Hey Brittany! You excited? It's your first day." Brittany just shrugged her shoulders. She wasn't too excited about being in school, she was only looking forward to her first day to see what kind of people she was going to be around. "Alright so this is obviously the library. Building behind us is the schools office. If you walk up hill, that's where the music class is and spanish." That's where ensembles was going to be. Ensembles was the schools performing band. It wasnt a marching band it was a performing band. They walked down from the library and before they got to far Rachel pointed to her right.

"That's Ms. Souza's class. She's the Biology and Astronomy teacher. She's like one of the coolest teachers at Honoka'a she basically loves everyone." They continued walking down the pathway. "Okay to the left is E building. That's where Chem, Physics, Anatomy and Physiology are."

As they walked Brittany looked around at the students. Majority of them were in shorts and t shirts. Nothing to fancy. They all seemed laid back.

"Oh! Okay so at the end of E building, the group that hangs out there are the Filipinos. They are usually playing cards or gambling. Which isn't allowed but who listens to rules. The middle there is usually occupied by the cheerleaders, and in front of the bathroom are the wrestlers." They kept walking straight. They crossed the road and ended up overlooking the football field. "Football is big here and everyone comes to games. That over there is the armory."

"Armory?" Rachel laughed.

"Sorry. That's the gym. We call it the armory because it used to be a National Guard unit. They gave it to the school when the unit was moved to Hilo (He-low). So that's where P.E is held. Along with volleyball and basketball games." Rachel turned to her right and pointed at the building to the side of them. "That's..well actually I don't know what building letter that is, but you won't have to worry about it. None of the classes held there are senior classes. Most of the kids that hang out in these next buildings don't really have a name they just hang there. The building over has the math classes, also has the computer lab. And that tall building is the auditorium and that's where the guidance counselors are. The huge building next to it is A building. Here. Let me see your schedule."

Brittany pulled the paper out from her pocket and handed it to Rachel. "Okay. Your first, second, third and fourth period classes are all in A building. Fifth period ensembles is, like I mentioned- uphill. Sixth is in the math building and seventh is Ms. Souza's class."

"Rachel!" A brunette with beautiful brown eyes was making her way over to where they were standing. She was wearing shorts that were similar to Rachel's, but these hugged her legs in a way that made Brittany tingle. The shirt she was wearing didnt help either- she was sporting a muscle tee with a tank top underneath. Her arms were toned and sun kissed ever so perfectly. She kissed Rachel hi and stepped back so they could talk. Brittany recognized what the girl did. Her dad's boss had greeted her the same way at the airport.

"Hey Santana. How was your summer?" She smiled.

"It was fuckin' bomb, Rach. It was so much better than I thought it was going to be." The brunette turned to look at Brittany. "Oh. Shit- sorry. That's super rude of me. I'm Santana." She kissed Brittany on the cheek.

"Hi. I'm B-Brittany." Fuck. Brittany was embarrassed that she just stuttered in front of probably the hottest girl she's ever met. She was flustered. Brittany was a shy person, and didn't do well with meeting new people. Especially attractive ones.

"It's nice to meet you, Brittany. Rach, I'll catch up to you later okay. I gotta go see Hunt about switching from regular Trig to AP." And just like that Santana took off in the opposite direction.

"That was Santana. She's the captain of our softball team and one hell of a catcher." Brittany's eyed widened in excitement. "She's one of the most popular girls in school, and also my best friend."

Brittany watched as Santana stopped to kiss every other person hello. The bell rang and the nerves started to kick in.

"I have Physics right now but I'll meet you at our first break okay?" Rachel started walking in the opposite direction. "Meet you by the covered bleachers okay? Its a dead give away. Its right there." She pointed at the bleachers overlooking the football field.

Brittany walked towards A building with a mix of excitement and nervousness.

She had a good feeling that she was definitely going to like it here. She walked into class to see that the only open seat was next to Santana.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.9K 734 58
Quinn Fabray is a new in the city of Lima, Ohio, she moved from New York with her mom. Unfortunately she has went through a hell of a lot but when l...
45.6K 738 32
*Rachel and Quinn have always hated each other,but have you ever thought why? Rachel Barbra Berry has two dads, lives in Lima, Ohio, and goes to Will...
672 28 3
A year has passed from the blonde and brunette's breakup and Santana Lopez and Brittany S Pierce are in separate relationships, Brittany and Sam are...
191K 3.7K 50
santana, an in-closet lesbian, and brittany, an out of the closet bi-sexual, have a thing. a thing that is only kept in each other's bedroom. santan...