Hurt // Marvel [2]

By superlukey

"I miss you." "I know." >..< Cover by hazholland More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23 - epilogue
Book 3 is up!

19

2.3K 65 43
By superlukey

"Steve," My hand goes up to rub my forehead as I look down at our getaway car. "You want to fit two super-soldiers and two grown adults into this car?"

"People won't suspect it."

"Yeah, until they look inside and see four extremely uncomfortable people trying to squeeze into an inconspicuous car."

"Just get in." Steve shakes his head before leaning into the car and pulling the front seat forward, giving Bucky and I enough room to squeeze into the back. Sam has already called shotgun and is sitting in the passenger's seat so that no one can take it, which also makes it difficult for Bucky to climb over to the other side of the car.

As the two of us get situated in the back, Steve puts his seat back into place and gets into the car. I buckle my seatbelt before looking over towards Bucky, whose knees are pressed up against Sam's seat in front of him.

Steve begins driving away and the four of us sit in the car in complete silence. Despite the fact that I know every person in the car, it, for some reason, seems awkward.

"The weather seems pretty nice today." I look out the window to see the sun shining overhead with only a few clouds in the sky.

"Yeah," Bucky replies. "But its a little warm in here. Could we maybe turn the air up?" I nod my head in agreement as we both look towards the front seat.

"Seems just fine to me." I roll my eyes at Sam's pettiness before turning to look back out the window.

The ride seems to drag on as we all sit in silence. I'm left without a phone to entertain me and the music Steve insists to listen on the radio is not my ideal road trip music, but luckily it isn't too long before we stop under a bridge where there's only one other car. Sam, Bucky, and I stay in the car while Steve gets our to talk to Sharon.

From inside the car we are unable to hear what they say to each other, but I watch as Sharon opens the trunk of her car to reveal all our gear. I look around the seat in front of me and catch sight of the gold accents on my suit and the batons Tony made sitting right on top of it.

"Can you move your seat up?" I turn my head to see Bucky's uncomfortable position.

"No." Sam barely blinks an eye as his petty self-nature takes over. I roll my eyes at the two of them and move my body closer to the window as Bucky moves to sit in the middle of the back seat, providing not a lot, but enough leg room.

"The amount of testosterone in this car right now is ridiculous." I shake my head as the two men continue to stare straight out the windshield, watching Steve and Sharon despite not being able to hear their conversation. My eyes go slightly wide as Steve leans in and kisses Peggy's niece. Apparently he has a thing for Carter girls.

I can't help but allow a smirk to form on my lips as Steve looks back at the three of us, all with a similar expression on our faces. He looks annoyed for a second before making his way back to the car. He leans into the drivers side of the car and pops the trunk open. Sam gets out of his seat to help bring the gear from Sharon's car to our own, and I immediately look over at Bucky.

"You can move his seat forward now." Bucky smirks as I motion towards the seat Sam had previously been sitting in. He leans forward and pulls the lever on the side of the seat, moving the chair a few inches forward before taking his place behind it once more.

"I like the way you think, Medela." I nod my head, a proud smirk growing on my face.

Bucky and I wait in the back of the car until the two sit back in their seats. Steve starts the car and we drive for a few minutes before Sam's seat jerks backwards once more.

"Jesus!" Bucky rubs his knees as he moves over into the middle again.

"Sorry," Sam keeps a straight face as he speaks. "My hand slipped."

>.<

I feel a hand shake my shoulder as I wake up from a nap in the car. I lift my head off Bucky's shoulder and look out the window to see us making our way through a parking garage. The noise of a plane taking off suggests we've arrived at the airport. The garage is empty besides one lonesome white van, which we park a few spots down from.

Steve jumps out of the car first, followed by Sam, who shuts the door behind him without helping me or Bucky out of the backseat.

"Sam!" He ignores my annoyance as he makes his way around the car to stand behind Steve. Bucky rolls his eyes as he leans forward to move the seat out of the way and gets out of the car, turning around to help me before closing the door behind the both of us.

"How about our other recruit?" I tune into Steve's conversation with Clint as Bucky leans on the car in front of us.

"He's rarin' to go." Clint turns around an opens the back door to the van. "Had to put a little coffee in him, but he should be good." The man in the van, Scott Lang according to Sam, jumps awake as the door slams open. Sam moves to stand beside Steve and I move to the other side of the car.

"What time zone is this?" Scott hops out of the van and looks around, freezing when he catches sight of Steve.

"Come on. Come on." Clint pushes Scott forward the second time he says the phrase but he just continues staring at Steve for a second before reaching out his hand.

"Captain America." Scott aggressively moves their hands up and down when Steve grabs his hand. I raise my eyebrows at the awkward gesture and turn towards Bucky, who sends me a smile as I hold in my laughter.

"Mr. Lang."

"It's an honor." The handshake continues long after it should. "I'm shaking your hand too long." Steve nods his head slightly before Scott finally drops his hand. "Wow! This is awesome!" He turns to face Wanda behind him. "Captain America." He does a double take as he takes in who she is. "I know you too, you're great!" Wanda smiles at the man before he turns back around. "Jeez." He quickly feels Steve's shoulders before dropping his hands to his side. I smile at Steve as he turns to look at Bucky and me.

"Ah, look." Scott claps his hands together. "I know you know a lot of super people so, thinks for thanking of me." I drop my head slightly as I laugh at how star struck he is. I guess I would be too if I haven't been friends with Steve for this long.

"Hey, Man!" Scott finally turns towards Sam.

"What's up Tic-Tac." Sam nods his head as he greets the man.

"Good to see you. Uh, look, what happened last time when I-"

"It was a great audition, but it'll-" Sam chuckles slightly, "It'll never happen again." Sam cuts him off before he can finish talking and I mentally decide that I'll be getting that full story later on.

"They tell you what we're up against?" Scott's attention goes back to Steve as he speaks.

"Something about some psycho-assassins?"

"We're outside the law on this one, so if you come with us, you're a wanted man." Scott nods his head slightly.

"Yeah, well, what else is new?" I narrow my eyes slightly, wondering what kind of history our new recruit has.

"We should get moving." Bucky speaks for the first time and Scott catches sight of me in front of him.

"Woah! You're here, too! You're a medical miracle! Y'know, I have this pain in my jaw sometimes when I open it too far." I watch on as he opens his mouth as wide as it'll go. "Right here." His words come out weird as he speaks with his mouth open, rubbing the back of his jaw.

"I don't think I can help you there, Buddy." I shrug my shoulders and he closes his mouth again, nodding his head.

"We got a chopper lined up." Clint speaks once more, addressing Bucky's comment. We all look up as an alarm sounds and a voice begins speaking German.

"They're evacuating the airport." Bucky translates for everyone.

"Stark," Sam concludes.

"Stark?" Scott asks.

"Suit up." Steve turns around and opens the trunk of our car, revealing all of our gear.

"Okay," I make the word long as I look around at everyone. "I don't know if you guys realize but there are two girls here, and I'm not changing in front of all you guys."

"You guys can change in the van." Clint nods towards the open door. "We'll stay out here, just let me grab all our stuff." Bucky hands me my suit before making his way towards Clint, who was supposed to bring him other clothes to wear.

Once everyone has their outfits, Wanda and I climb into the back of the van. The two of us remain silent as we begin changing. Silent to a point that it's awkward. We had been good friends when we shared a room together, but since Pietro's death, we haven't interacted. I can remember a bit of our past relationship, but now there are no signs that we were ever friends at all. It seems as though we are barely even acquaintances.

"How've you been?" Wanda is the first to break the silence as we both change out of our street clothes.

"I'm doing better. You?" She nods her head in agreement and we both go silent once more. I adjust my suit once it's on my body and move to get out of the van when Wanda's voice stops me.

"You weren't alone, you know." I turn around to face her. "I was feeling it, too."

"Wanda, I'm sorry." I think back to before I left the facility. I locked myself in my room for weeks, but it had never occurred to me what Wanda had been doing. "I was being selfish after it happened and I left because I didn't want to be a burden."

"You weren't a burden until you ran off and left everyone else worried and searching for you. I was feeling his death, too, but I stayed and I trained my ass off and kept working because I knew it's what he would have wanted. You weren't thinking of anyone besides yourself when you left." I stand frozen as Wanda makes her way past me and leaves the van.

There's truth to what she said, and it isn't hard for me to recognize. When I locked myself in that room, I did the exact opposite of what Pietro would have wanted for me. I put my life on hold while wallowing in guilt over his death. I put it all on myself when I knew he wouldn't have wanted me to. I ran off, leaving my family behind not only because I didn't want them to worry so much about me, but because I thought it would be easier than facing them everyday. I was acting selfishly and there's no way I can deny that.

I take a deep breath before turning and exiting the van, finding everyone else suited up and almost ready to go. Bucky catches my eye as I close the van door and I immediately put a fake smile on my face once I notice his worried look. He silently makes his way over to me and stops me from moving towards where Steve is getting ready to tell everyone the plan.

"That's his sister, right?" I nod my head yes. "You used to be friends?" I nod my head again. "Are you okay?"

"Of course." My eyebrow twitches slightly as I lie, a small giveaway that only happens every once in a while.

"You're a terrible liar." His worried expression doesn't change, but Steve's loud voice saves me from needing to continue this conversation. "We'll talk later."

>.<

A/N

Sorry for the late update, I got back on Saturday and didn't have this finished, worked all day Sunday, was doing chores around the house all day Monday, worked all day Tuesday, and spent most of today celebrating my sister's birthday.

Before anyone gets mad at Wanda for saying anything to Riley, please just remember that yes they both lost Pietro, but Wanda also lost the only friend she's ever really known not for the first time, but for the second. So the way she sees it, she was crushed after losing Pietro, but knew she could get through it with Riley by her side, but Riley didn't have the same idea. Riley didn't know Wanda the way Wanda knew Riley so Riley didn't barely even considered Wanda's feelings besides the fact that she had lost her brother. Obviously this isn't really Riley's fault, but Wanda is just understandably upset and couldn't hold in her feelings towards Riley anymore.

Question of the week:

Where's your favorite vacation spot?

I absolutely love Disney World and will never get tired of it. Going to Disney is my favorite vacation, followed by tropical places because I love relaxing on the beach. I've done a Disney cruise before to mix the two and absolutely loved it, but nothing beats going to the parks.

I hope everyone has an amazing week! The next update will still be Saturday despite this late one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 7.7K 26
ᴏɴʟʏ ʏᴏᴜ | "I'm going to say this once and only once so listen close, Maximoff. You still aren't that impressive." LOST SOULS SERIES | BOOK 2 [MARVEL...
104K 2.8K 41
ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʟᴀꜱᴛꜱ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ [2] ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴊᴀᴍᴇꜱ ᴄᴏᴍᴇꜱ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴇʟʟ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ʀɪᴅᴇ. ᴡɪʟʟ ʜᴇ ᴀʟʟᴏᴡ ʜɪᴍꜱᴇʟꜰ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴀʟʟ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴄᴇ...
1.1M 26.7K 144
"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐂𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤." (𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐱 𝐂𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤) 𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤'𝐬...
87.5K 3.4K 10
When Bucky joins the Avengers, he meets the reader, only to find out that they aren't strangers at all and that they share a past that neither of the...