Worlds Colliding (Once Upon A...

By heartofice97

The town of Storybrooke was made by the Evil Queen (Regina Mills) from a curse that cursed the fairytale char... More

Characters & outfit links
Lisa's Items
chapter 1 - Pilot
chapter 2 - The Thing You Love Most
chapter 3 - Snow Falls
chapter 4 - Price of Gold
chapter 5 - That Still Small Voice
chapter 6 - The Shepherd
chapter 7 - The Heart is a Lonely Hunter
chapter 8 - Desperate Souls
chapter 9 - True North
chapter 10 - 7:15 AM
chapter 12 - Skin Deep
chapter 13 - What Happened to Frederick
chapter 14 - Dreamy
chapter 15 - Red-Handed
chapter 16 - Heart of Darkness
chapter 17 - Hat Trick
chapter 18 - The Stable Boy
chapter 19 - The Return
chapter 20 - The Stranger
chapter 21 - An Apple Red As Blood
chapter 22 - A Land Without Magic

chapter 11 - Fruit of the Poisonous Tree

352 20 9
By heartofice97

Outfits Link:

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/87116

ღ Worlds Colliding (Once Upon a Time) ღ

Day One

Morning - Castle Playground

Henry, Rose and Lisa rode up on their bikes, while Emma, Ella and Freya arrived in a squad car, all of them getting off/out.

"Hey, kids," Emma told them. "Good to see you, too."

"The storm," Henry told them worriedly.

They walked toward the severely damaged castle.

"It's okay," Ella told them. "We'll talk to Marco."

"We think it's still here," Rose explained.

The three kids dug in the ground at the base of the castle structure.

"What are you looking for?" Freya asked.

"My book," Lisa answered.

"Why'd you bury it here?" Freya asked.

"So our mom doesn't find it," Henry answered.

"Your and Rose's mom, Henry, not mine," Lisa corrected.

Henry chuckled. "Sorry, Lisa."

"Hiding it under one of your mattress wasn't good enough?" Emma asked.

Lisa gave them a look. "That's the first place the Evil Queen would look."

The kids unearthed a box.

"How about leaving it with one of us?" Ella asked.

"That's the second place," Rose explained. Lisa opened the box, revealing the storybook inside, causing all three kids to sigh in relief. Freya was also relieved. "Good."

"So Regina doesn't know about the castle?" Freya asked.

"No," Henry told them. "This is our secret."

Lisa closed the box, and the three kids began reburying it.

Regina approached from behind her parked car. "Henry? Rose. Lisa. I've been looking everywhere for you. Lisa, you know you have a session with Archie this morning." She looked at Emma, Ella and Freya. "I should've known they were with you. Kids, car, now." The kids gave Regina a look, heading for the car. Regina turned to Emma, Ella and Freya. "You let them play here?"

Emma rolled her eyes. "The storm hit it pretty hard. But we can fix it."

"Well, can you fix three cracked craniums?" Regina asked. "'Cause that's what you'll have on your hands if one of those boards collapses under their weight. You're not thinking about Lisa, Rose and Henry or their safety, just ways around me. Don't let your feelings cloud your judgment, because people can get hurt."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ella asked.

Freya gave Regina a cold look. "Ella and Emma are Co-Sheriffs now. I'm a deputy. We know how to keep people safe. Way more than you do. Or you ever will. Or ever have. We're being responsible for the people under our care. When have you ever been?"

Regina glared at Freya. Ella and Emma looked between them warily.

Granny's Diner

Emma, Ella and Mary Margaret were sitting at a table.

"Don't let our feelings cloud our judgment?" Emma asked. "That's all Regina ever does."

Mary Margaret looked at them sympathetically. "She's just upset because you two and Freya have a special place with Henry, Rose and Lisa, and she doesn't."

"How'd she find out about the castle in the first place?" Ella asked.

"She knows everything about this town," Mary Margaret answered. "She's the mayor."

"Do you know the issue that Freya has with Regina?" Ella asked. "I mean, ever since coming to Storybrooke, we've noticed a pretty big rivalry between them."

Mary Margaret shook her head in answer, hearing her phone vibrate, picking it up, looking at it, reading a text from David: We need to talk. Meet at our spot.

"Everything okay?" Emma asked.

Mary Margaret nodded. "Yeah, I just need to go." She stood quickly, readying to leave. "Look, if it makes you feel any better, I think you and Freya are right. I see the effect she has on Henry, Rose and Lisa."

Ella sighed. "I wish everyone else did, too."

Mary Margaret touched Emma and Ella's arms sympathetically and reassuringly, passing them on the way to leave the diner, passing by Freya as she walked in when she did. "Freya, hi."

"Bye, Mary Margaret," Freya told her.

Mary Margaret left. Freya walked toward the counter to order a drink.

A very drunk Sidney came to talk to Freya, Ella and Emma. "I can grant your wish."

"Oh, Sidney?" Ella asked. "You want a side of bacon with that whiskey?"

"You wanna show this town who the mayor really is?" Sidney asked. "I can help."

"It's gonna be kinda hard to do from inside her pocket," Emma told him.

"The mayor and I are done," Sidney told them.

Emma scoffed skeptically. "Sure you are."

Sidney sighed. "She got me fired from the paper. She made a fool of me in the election. So I started working on an expose on the mayor's office, and I found something she didn't want found."

"Sidney, you're drunk," Ella told him. "Go home. Sleep it off."

"Be grateful that you don't have to answer to her anymore," Emma told him.

Sidney offered them his card. "Call me. Storybrooke deserves to know the truth about her."

Emma took the card. Freya didn't trust Sidney because she knew he would pretty much always do everything Regina told him to.

Flashback

Enchanted Forest

Genie's Lamp

Inside the lamp, the Genie of Agrabah (Sidney/Magic Mirror) was seated with a mirror. Rumbling was heard distantly from outside, growing louder. The camera panned up. King Leopold was seen.

Genie chuckled. "Here we go."

Outside - Lakeside

King Leopold picked up the lamp, rubbing it to clean off some plant matter. Black smoke emerged from the lamp, and the genie appeared.

"You awakened the Genie of Agrabah," Genie told him. "You're entitled to three wishes. No more, no less. But you must know that magic has its limits. You cannot wish for life, nor death. You cannot wish for love. You cannot wish for more wishes. And once spoke, a wish cannot be undone, no matter what the consequences. So, tell me your first wish."

Leopold thought for a long moment, laughing. "I cannot think of a single thing I desire. I have everything I need. I seek nothing more than the happiness of all who set foot in my kingdom." Genie sighed, sitting on some nearby driftwood. Leopold chuckled. "You are in my kingdom, and yet you seem unhappy."

"I have served as Genie of the Lamp for longer than you've been alive," Genie explained. "Life as a genie is not as magical as it may appear."

"So you wish to be free?" Leopold asked.

"More than anything," Genie answered.

"Then I know my first wish," Leopold told him. "I wish you to be free."

The shackles around Genie's wrists glowed and fell off with a magical sound.

Genie was in shock, happiness. "Can it be? Am I truly free?"

"You're the genie," Leopold told him. "You tell me."

Genie smiled. "There are two more wishes left in the Lamp. What will you do with them?"

Leopold thought for a moment. "For my second wish, I wish to give my third and final wish to you."

Leopold offered the Genie the Lamp.

Genie took the Lamp, considering. "In my time, I have granted 1001 wishes, and I have seen them end poorly 1001 times. Making a wish comes with a price, and that is why I will never use this wish."

Genie put the Lamp in a purse at his belt.

Leopold smiled. "You are a man of wisdom, Genie. Now tell, what will you do with your freedom?"

"Find the one thing I've always desired, that my prison has kept from me," Genie answered. "True love."

"Then you must come join me at my palace," Leopold told him. "I am certain you will find it there. Come, meet my family."

Leopold's Palace - Outside

Leopold and the Genie walked along a garden path.

"Your place is as lovely as you are kind," Genie complimented.

"Oh, it's more than kindness, my friend," Leopold told him. They approached Snow, who was picking flowers. "This is my beautiful daughter, Snow."

Snow curtsied. "How do you do?"

Genie bowed.

Leopold looked behind them. "And Regina, my wife, the Queen."

Evil Queen picked an apple from her tree, turning toward the Genie, smiling. "Hello." She called out. "Alcina." Dark Sorceress walked into view, looking beautiful in blue. "Genie, may I introduce you to my younger sister, Princess Alcina?"

Dark Sorceress smiled, curtsying to Genie. "Pleasure."

Genie was visibly taken by her beauty.

Now

Storybrooke

Day - Playground

At the kids' castle, a crew was demolishing the structure as Lisa, Henry and Rose watched helplessly and sadly. Regina was standing next to her car nearby. Emma, Ella and Freya walked closer.

"Hey," Emma told them. "What happened?"

"We came as soon as we could," Freya told them.

"The castle," Lisa answered. "She's tearing the whole thing down."

Rose approached the spot where the storybook had been buried. "The book. It's gone."

Ella approached Regina. "Congratulations, Madam Mayor. You destroyed the thing Henry, Rose and Lisa love."

"A dangerous thing that can only hurt them, and others," Regina replied. "You see me as a villain, Miss Swan, but that's just your perception, and you're wrong. Learn your place in this town, or soon enough, you won't be in it."

Emma took out Sidney's card and her phone, making a call. "Sidney, hi. I'm in. I want everyone to know who she really is."

ღღ

Toll Bridge

Mary Margaret approached a waiting David. "I got your text. What's going on?"

David took her arm, leading her off. "Follow me."

"David, you're scaring me," Mary Margaret admitted. "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong is you're late," David answered, leading her into a clearing, revealing he had set up a picnic, to the shock and happiness of Mary Margaret. "And the wine is getting warm."

Mary Margaret kissed David, laughing nervously. "Mm, we have to stop doing this."

David chuckled, just as nervous. "We just started doing it."

"We have to figure out what we're doing," Mary Margaret told him.

David nodded in agreement. "We will. Tomorrow."

"Okay, tomorrow," Mary Margaret told him.

As the two kissed, the camera panned down to a tunnel below. Emma, Ella and Freya pulled up in a squad car, getting out. Sidney walked closer on foot.

"All right, we're listening," Freya told him. "So, what do you know about her?"

"$50,000," Sidney told them.

"I'm sorry?" Ella asked.

"Fifty grand out of the budget is missing, and Regina is responsible," Sidney answered.

"That's it?" Freya asked. "That's what you have on her?"

Sidney chuckled. "The money is just the tip of the iceberg. We figure out what she's doing, and it all falls apart. It all crumbles, and we'll finally learn her secrets. You see what she is, I see it. All we need is a crack in the mirror to show everyone. I'm telling you, this is it."

"All right, what's your plan?" Emma asked.

"Tap her phone," Sidney told them. "GPS her car. Hack into her email, dip into your bag of tricks."

"No," Ella told him. "We're Sheriffs and deputies now. We have to be responsible."

"We wanna do this by the book," Emma agreed.

Freya tried to resist an eye roll.

"She's gonna know that you're onto her sooner than later," Sidney warned. "Are you prepared for her wrath?"

"Oh, yeah," Freya answered. "I've faced her wrath before. I can do it again."

"Good," Sidney told them. "Because I wasn't."

"If you thought she was so terrifying, how did you allow yourself to end up in her pocket?" Emma asked.

Sidney sighed. "I used to love someone that used to be close to her. A sister."

Freya sighed. "Alcina."

"Yeah," Sidney answered. "And I used to believe they were both different people."

Flashback

Enchanted Forest

Day - Leopold's Castle

The royal family, Genie and many guests were gathered to celebrate Leopold's birthday.

"Happy birthday, your majesty," a man told him.

"No gifts are required to mark this special day, for they all pale in comparison to the greatest gift of all," Leopold told them. "My daughter, Snow."

Snow sighed. "Father." She joined him on the dais. "You make me blush."

"Every day I look upon your face, and I am reminded of your dearly departed mother, who, like you, truly was, the fairest in all the land," Leopold told her.

Dark Sorceress was bored with the party, leaving. Genie followed her.

Outside - Garden

Dark Sorceress stood near the apple tree.

Genie followed. "Not in a festive mood?"

"No one seems to notice my absence," Dark Sorceress replied.

"I noticed," Genie told her, gazing at the apple tree. "Such a lovely tree."

"Yes, it's from my childhood garden," Dark Sorceress explained. "Me and my sister, Regina, we used to plant and grow apples for our family. It was our favorite job to do. Before our mother manipulated the two of us into doing things we never wanted to. Before she brainwashed Regina to care for nothing more than being Queen. For revenge."

"Revenge for what, may I ask?" Genie asked.

Dark Sorceress didn't answer, gazing at the tree. "The tree and I share something in common. Neither of us can leave the palace and neither of us truly belongs. My mother wanted me to be a princess just as much as she wanted Regina to be Queen. No matter how hard Regina and I try to please our mother, she will never love me or Regina the way we would wish her to. Regina and I are trapped by the memories of the life we used to live. My mother's tried trapping me before. More than once. And I have a feeling that she will not stop trying to trap me until I stop holding Regina back from gaining revenge."

Genie walked closer sympathetically. "I know about being trapped, more than anyone. Maybe this will lift your spirits." He gave her a mirror. "So you can see yourself the way I see you."

"And how do you see me?" Dark Sorceress asked.

Genie smiled. "As the fairest in all the land."

Dark Sorceress smiled.

Now

Storybrooke

Day - Mary Margaret's Apartment

Emma, Ella, Freya and Sidney were pouring over boxes of documents.

"When did that transfer go through?" Emma asked. "Does three weeks ago sound right?"

Sidney nodded. "Yeah. Why?"

"Because those records are missing," Ella answered.

Mary Margaret walked in. "Girls, there's something I'd like to talk to you..." She noticed who was with them. "Hi, Sidney."

"Hey," Ella told her.

"We're just doing some work," Freya explained. "We think we may have found something on Regina."

"Interesting work," Mary Margaret told them. "Oh, I approve."

"You wanna go by the book?" Sidney asked. "Let's get a warrant."

"What judge are we gonna find that she doesn't own?" Emma asked. "We're screwed."

"Or, there's my way," Sidney told them.

"We wanna do this right, Sidney," Ella told him.

"And what's right it exposing her," Sidney told them. "Sometimes, doing a bag thing for a good reason is okay, right?"

Mary Margaret nodded nervously. "Yeah. I mean, maybe you're doing something wrong, but if it's what's meant to be, if it's what's right, does that really make you a bad person?"

Sidney gestured to Mary Margaret. "Exactly."

Freya looked between them in amusement. "Wow. You two are doing a whole lot of rationalizing."

"But look what she's done to you, to me, to your kids, and it's not gonna stop, so whatever you do, you gotta do something," Sidney told them.

Ella sighed. "Okay. Let's start by talking to her."

Town Hall - Mayor's Office

Emma, Ella, Freya and Sidney were confronting Regina.

"And just what are you and the disgraced ex-reporter accusing me of?" Regina asked.

"Fifty thousand dollars was transferred out of the city account by you," Emma told her.

"Well, as mayor, I'm involved in many transactions," Regina told them. "Check the public records if you have questions."

"That's the thing," Freya told her. "They're missing from three weeks ago. You have any idea what happened to them?"

"Well, if they're missing, I probably checked them out, as my job often requires me to do, and if they were checked out three weeks ago, well, that means they burned in a fire," Regina told them. "In a fire that, if I recall, got you your jobs. I have nothing to hide."

Ella stepped forward, leaning over Regina's desk in a dramatic fashion. "Okay. There's nothing for us to do. Let's go, guys."

"Ella," Sidney told her.

"No, she's right," Emma told him. "We have nothing."

Outside

Ella, Emma, Freya and Sidney walked together.

"That was your plan?" Sidney asked. "I thought you were gonna do something."

"We did," Emma answered. "Ella planted a bug."

"Sidney, Freya, you win," Ella told them.

Freya smiled. "We do whatever it takes."

ღღ

Flashback

Enchanted Forest

Leopold's Castle - Evil Queen's Chambers

Evil Queen and Dark Sorceress were speaking, pacing.

"I have reason to believe your heart belongs to a man," Evil Queen told her, smirking knowingly.

Dark Sorceress smirked. "I know better than to fall for another man, Regina. After what Mother did to both our loves."

"And yet your diary suggests otherwise, Alcina," Evil Queen told her, reading it. "Last night, a man gave me a gift, and though it was but a simple mirror, it awakened feelings in me that I abandoned long ago. Hope for love and companionship, even though I am trapped in a life Mother left me and my sister in."

Dark Sorceress was amused but embarrassed, reaching for the diary. "Enough, Regina. Give it back."

Evil Queen pulled the diary back, backing away, smirking, finding the mirror, picking it up, waving it at Dark Sorceress to tease her. "Ah, ah, ah. No, Alcina."

Dark Sorceress smiled, reaching for the mirror. "Regina!"

Evil Queen smiled. "What is the name of this man?"

Dark Sorceress crossed her arms with a smirk, hiding a blush. "It's not your concern."

"Come on, Ally," Evil Queen told her. "I am not a fool. I realize that you are as unhappy as I am, yearning for someone to love you in a way that we've both only been loved once. Snow White took the same thing from you that she took from me, and yet, you don't blame her as much as I do or yearn for vengeance as much as I do."

"Because I'm not as easily manipulated by Mother than you," Dark Sorceress replied. "I blame the person who really deserves to be blamed, and that is our mother. Who taught me the downfalls of acting on such feelings. After what she did, I refuse to act on any feelings such as these ever again. Love makes people do foolish things."

Evil Queen looked at her in realization. "You think that once Mother realizes that you're starting to fall for anyone besides a King that could also make you a Queen, that she'll kill this man as well."

"Yes," Dark Sorceress answered. "I do. Which means that Mother would be making her way here sooner than later. So I have to deal with this problem before she comes here. And I'll deal with it on my own, sister."

"Ally..." Evil Queen trailed off.

"I'll be fine, Regina," Dark Sorceress told her. "Trust me to take care of this before our mother comes and do it for me."

Now

Storybrooke

Day - Sheriff's Station

Freya was listening in on Regina using a radio as Emma, Ella and Sidney walked in.

Regina: (on radio) "Miss Ginger, I really don't have time for more complaints about working conditions. The air temperature is not one of my areas."

"Scintillating," Emma told them sarcastically. "Find anything good yet?"

"Yeah, better than good," Freya answered. "She made this call a little over an hour ago."

Freya played a tape.

Regina: (over tape) "I'll meet you tonight at Access Road 23 with the rest of your payment. Yes, it will all be in cash, and I don't need to remind that no one can know about this. Yes, I know it has to be tonight."

"Who's on the other end?" Ella asked.

"You bugged the office," Emma told her. "Not the phone."

"Well, we're just gonna have to find out," Ella replied.

Freya chuckled. "Yeah."

"A payoff in the woods," Ella told them. "That's promising."

"A payoff using stolen city funds," Sidney agreed.

Freya nodded. "Let's go find out who she's meeting."

Road in Woods

Emma, Ella, Freya and Sidney followed Regina in a squad car as they turned onto Access Road 23. As Emma applied her foot to the brake, nothing happened.

"Emma?" Ella asked worriedly.

"It won't stop," Emma told them.

The squad car crashed into the road sign, sending it flying.

"You guys okay?" Freya asked.

"Yeah," Sidney answered. "You?"

"Yeah," Emma answered.

They got out of the car, inspecting the damage.

"We're gonna miss that hand off," Ella told them.

"Emma," Freya told her. "Ella."

"What?" Emma asked.

"Freya?" Ella asked.

"You know that bug we planted?" Freya asked. "I think Regina found it. Someone's been tampering with the brakes."

"She's on to us," Ella told them. They walked through the woods. "Wait."

"The bitch tried to have us killed," Emma told them. "I'm finding her."

"Let's be cautious," Sidney told them. "We need to think clearly."

"To hell with caution," Emma told them.

"We're gonna find out what she's doing and why she's out here," Ella agreed.

Gold came up an embankment, carrying a briefcase. "She was meeting me."

Freya stopped walking, not surprised, but exasperated and annoyed. "Of course. What are you doing out here with her?"

Gold smirked slightly at her reaction. "Just a little business transaction."

"What's in the briefcase?" Ella asked.

"Everything comes at a price," Gold told them. "Land is no different."

"That's why you're meeting her out here?" Emma asked skeptically. "Regina bought your land?"

Gold nodded. "The very ground you're standing on."

"What does she want it for?" Ella asked.

"You know, in business, I find it's best not to ask too many questions," Gold told them. "Hurts the bottom line. Question is, Freya, why are you and your friends standing out here, in the middle of the night, with Mr. Glass?"

"I'm so not in the mood for father/daughter time, 'Papa'," Freya told him.

Gold smiled slightly.

"You don't know what Regina did to me," Sidney told him. "You don't know what she did to those kids. We can't just sit idly by."

"Of course you can," Gold disagreed. He gave Freya a significant look. "Be careful. Emotional entanglements can lead us down very dangerous paths."

Freya scoffed, recognizing the words he had told her before in the past. Gold smirked at that reaction, walking away.

ღღ

Flashback

Enchanted Forest

Day - Leopold's Castle - Garden

Dark Sorceress was picking apples from the tree, taking a bite, looking around, sensing something, smiling slightly. "I was beginning to worry you wouldn't come, Daddy."

Henry walked closer, smiling, though it was clear he was worried. "I couldn't deny seeing my daughter, Alcina." Dark Sorceress and Henry embraced close. "How are you, my dear? Regina said something about a man that you have begun to feel for."

"That's why I needed to talk to you, Father," Dark Sorceress told him. "I needed to know if Mother has heard news of this. If she's coming."

"She knows," Henry answered worriedly in concern. "And she's on her way."

"So if I don't prove to her I can handle this on my own, she'll handle it for me," Dark Sorceress finished. "And she'll punish me in ways I can't imagine. Did you bring what I asked?"

Henry presented a box to his daughter. "Of course I did, Alcina. But I beg of you, please don't take this."

"I have to," Dark Sorceress told him. "This is the only thing that can free me from this wretched life. If I truly want to get out, I'll have to take it. If I don't want to take the way out, I know what to do if I want to prove to Mother that I can handle it myself."

"Please, Alcina, don't do anything you'll regret," Henry told her. "Leave with me. So no one has to get hurt."

"I don't run, Daddy," Dark Sorceress told him. "You know that."

"I just don't want you to get hurt again," Henry told her.

Dark Sorceress smiled a little at this, embracing him. "I'll be fine. Somehow I always am."

Henry kissed his daughter on the head. "Be safe. Be careful. I wish you the best, Alcina."

Dark Sorceress sighed, pulling away. "And yet somehow I'm always left with the worst. I'll be fine, Father. Thank you."

Now

Storybrooke

Night - Town Hall - Outside

Emma, Ella and Freya parked their car, getting out with Sidney, walking toward the entrance.

"What are we doing here?" Sidney asked.

"We know she bought land from Freya's father," Ella told him. "We don't know why."

"I'm willing to bet it's for personal reasons, but we have to know for sure," Emma told them. "We need documents that officially link her to that land."

"So you wanna break into her office?" Sidney asked. "It's locked, and she's got a state of the art security system and alarm."

"If we don't show this town who Regina really is, who will?" Freya asked.

"Do you think you can crack her code?" Sidney asked.

"Yep," Freya answered, picking up a brick stone, smashing the window.

Ella gave her a surprised look. "Freya."

"Who does the alarm system alert?" Freya asked.

"The police," Emma answered.

Freya nodded, giving them an impatient look. "We are the police."

Emma sighed. "Two minutes for her to get a call from the alarm company. One minute to get her coat and keys."

Ella nodded. "Three minutes to drive here. We got maybe six minutes."

Inside - Office

The four walked in.

Ella successfully hacked into the computer. "I just uncovered every file that references that tract of land she brought from Freya's dad."

"Can you print them?" Emma asked.

Ella printed them.

Freya smirked. "Nice."

While Ella was at the computer, Emma and Freya looked through the rest of the office.

Emma discovered a key ring with several keys. "What the hell do these open?"

"I don't know," Ella told her.

"Freya, what are you doing?" Sidney asked.

"Looking for the book I gave Lisa," Freya answered.

Sidney gave her a look. "We didn't come here for Lisa, or Henry or Rose. We came here for files and--"

"No, you didn't come for Lisa, Henry and Rose," Ella told him.

"Us?" Emma asked. "They're the only reason we're here."

The light was switched on.

Regina walked in, switching off the alarm. "What are you doing?"

"Some kids broke in," Freya told her. "We heard the alarm."

Ella nodded. "So we're checking it out."

"Well, that was an awfully quick response time," Regina remarked.

"You told us to do our job and we're doing it," Emma replied.

Regina nodded to Sidney. "And you brought him?"

"Oh, well, he saw it while he was on a walk," Ella told her. "He's a witness."

Regina nodded skeptically. "Hmm, and what did you see, Sidney?"

Sidney stammered nervously. "Some kids with a--"

"Rock," Freya interjected.

Sidney nodded. "A rock."

"Did they talk anything?" Regina asked.

"We don't know," Emma told her. "We'd have to do a thorough sweep to, uh, find out."

Regina looked around. "It appears to me it was all just a prank."

"You're sure you don't want us to take the place apart?" Freya asked, not bothering to hide a mocking tone in her voice.

"Your services are not wanted nor needed," Regina replied.

Ella sighed. "Okay. Well, you know where to find us."

As Ella, Emma and Freya left the room, Regina and Sidney exchanged a look, before Sidney followed the girls. Regina looked around the room.

Flashback

Enchanted Forest

Leopold's Palace - Alcina's Chambers

Dark Sorceress walked in, placing the box onto her bed, about to open it, but stopped when she heard someone behind her, turning to see Genie behind her, pleased. "It's you." They embraced. "My love for you grows stronger with every beat of my heart, but I'm afraid you don't know my mother. She will kill you if she finds out about us. And I've seen my father, who informed me that she is on her way to destroy this." Genie was really worried. "But fear not. There's always an escape. My father said what's in this box would give me my freedom."

"You believe so?" Genie asked.

Dark Sorceress opened the box with magic, revealing a two-headed snake. "The Agrabahn Viper. A snake so deadly it can kill anything."

Genie nodded in agreement. "With a single bite. This serpent is from my homeland. I know all too well of its poison. But why would you have brought it here?"

"There's no happiness left in this life," Dark Sorceress told him. "You know the person who informed my mother of us? King Leopold. My mother had him wrapped around her finger once upon a time, and he still tells her everything. Not only did he spy on me, but he imprisons my sister Regina. One small bite, and I shall be free from this prison forever. I'm sorry we couldn't be together, my love. Perhaps in another life, we will find each other again."

Dark Sorceress slowly reached for the box, her hand coming near the snake's reach.

Genie grabbed her hand, preventing her from proceeding. "There is another way. What if... the King died for his sins he's done to you and your sister? What if this snake also punished your mother so we could be together?"

"You would do that for me?" Alcina asked.

Genie nodded earnestly. "For you, I would do anything."

Dark Sorceress smiled, embracing him. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

Genie held her closer, smiling. "You'll never have to find out."

They pulled away, looking at the box of the viper. Before one of the heads could lunge out, Dark Sorceress used a wave of invisible power to prevent it from escaping, magically closing the box over the two-headed snake. She looked up with a smirk playing on her lips.

ღღ

Now

Storybrooke

Day Two

Morning - Granny's Diner

Henry, Rose and Lisa were sitting at the counter.

Lisa was making a page and list of characters from the storybook and her memories so she could explain it all to Henry and Rose. "Since we don't have the book anymore. I made this. Hopefully it can still make you understand."

"It's not fair, Lisa," Henry told her. "I mean, that Rose's and my mom keeps matches away from you. Because she knows that you remember more of the real stories with each flame you strike."

"I know, Henry," Lisa told him, sighing.

"But you're good at sneaking away to go see Freya and Jefferson," Rose told her. "You're definitely good enough to sneak some matches. Have you seen anymore new memories?"

"Enough to remember that Regina has a sister," Lisa answered. "Her name is Alcina."

"Alcina?" Henry repeated. "Well, where is she?"

Rose frowned. "Yeah. And why hasn't Mom said anything about Alcina?"

"I don't know," Lisa told them. "I haven't remembered that far."

Henry smiled a little. "Not yet, anyway. That's what you mean."

Henry and Lisa smiled.

August walked up to them, watching Lisa write more down. "What're working on?"

"No time to talk," Lisa told him. "I gotta write it all down before I forget."

"Yeah, I hate it when great ideas slip away from me," August told them.

"They're not ideas," Rose told him. "They're Lisa's memories. Also stories from a book we lost."

August sat next to them. "Must be a hell of a book and memories. What're they about?"

"Stuff," Henry answered.

August nodded in amusement. "Sounds exciting."

Lisa looked up, suspicious. "You seem awfully interested in us and my memories and book."

August smiled a little. "No, I'm just being neighborly."

"What are you doing in Storybrooke?" Henry asked.

"I'm a writer," August told them.

"You can write anywhere," Henry told him.

"What are you really doing here?" Rose asked.

August leaned closer to whisper. "Stuff." He stood. "Good luck with the stories and memories."

Daily Mirror's Office

Emma, Ella, Freya and Sidney were looking through some files.

"Blue prints," Freya explained. "Bank statements."

Emma took a closer look at a construction plan. "What is she building out there? A mansion?"

Sidney read a file. "Well, whatever it is, it doesn't matter, because these escrow statements have her name all over it."

"We were right," Freya told them. "Personal use."

Sidney smiled. "She's done. We got her." The girls exchanged a look. "What's wrong? Didn't you hear me?"

Ella sighed, worried. "We stooped to her level. That's exactly what we promised Henry, Rose and Lisa we wouldn't do."

"Ella, we got her," Sidney told her.

"It's fruits of the poisonous tree," Freya told them. "Not only did I stoop to Regina's level. I stooped to my father's."

Emma sighed. "Illegally obtained evidence. It'll get thrown out in court in a heartbeat."

"No, we don't need her to go to jail," Sidney told them.

"Then what are we doing here?" Ella asked.

Sidney sighed. "What you wished for. Get everyone to see who she is. What she did to Lisa, Rose and Henry, she does to everyone. She destroys what people love." Freya knew this better than anyone, but still felt a little wrong, looking down, sighing. "Let me show you something." Sidney placed a box on the table between them, opening it to reveal photographs so the girls could go through them and see that they were all of the three of them and the kids. "She made me follow you, all of you. She made me tell her everything. She knew about your secret place weeks ago. She just waited to destroy it until it would hurt you, Rose, Henry and Lisa the most. It's all my fault. If you don't do this, I have to."

Freya sighed. "Okay."

Town Hall

Regina was sitting in front of six members of the town's castle, in a public meeting, behind them, an audience assembled. Regina banged a gavel to start the meeting. "This session of the Storybrooke City Council will come to order. We will begin by reading the minutes from our last meeting."

Ella stood. "Uh, excuse me, Madam Mayor. I have something I'd like to bring to the Council's attention."

"This is not an open forum, Miss Swan," Regina told her. "And no one on this Council's interested in hearing the complaints of a Co-Sheriff. Now sit down."

Emma stood to defend her sister. "Ella's not the only one who has something to say."

Regina became more irritated. "Miss Swan, this meeting is to discuss issues facing Storybrooke."

"Like the mayor stealing thousands of dollars from the city to build herself a second home?" Emma asked.

Gasps came from the audience.

Regina banged the gavel to silence them. "Both Miss Swans, you will sit down immediately or so help me--"

Freya stood. "What? You'll punish them? You'll bully me or them like everyone else in this town?"

Ella shook her head. "No. Not today."

Emma turned to face the audience to show the paper with a construction plan. "In my hand, I am holding documents proving that this woman, your mayor, stole funds from the city to build herself a lavish home in the woods. And the disgraced reporter? You want to know why he was really fired?"

"Because he stood up to her," Freya told them. "Because he questioned her."

"We all know what happens to people who question the mayor," Ella told them. "You claim that you act in the best interest of all of us, but that isn't the truth, is it?"

"The truth is, you are a thug that doesn't care about anyone, or anything, but yourself," Emma told her. "That is who you really are."

Ella raised her arms in a shrug. "And it is time for the people of Storybrooke to know that."

Regina looked at everyone calmly. "Ella and Emma Swan and Freya Gold are right, everyone. I am building a house." She stood. "A play house." The projector behind her showed an image of a playground. "The accusations are true. I did take city funds. I wanted to build a playground so my son and daughter, Henry and Rose Mills, and my soon-to-be-adoptive daughter Lisa, and all the children of Storybrooke could have a special place to play. Safely. As for the sketch in your hands? It was inspired by a drawing in one of Lisa's books. So, there you have it, everyone. You've exposed me for who I really am. I hope you're satisfied."

Everyone reacted in shock and disappointment. Freya turned around, frustrated and angry. Gold sighed, looking like he knew more than they did.

Flashback

Enchanted Forest

Night - Leopold's Palace - Leopold's Chambers

Leopold was asleep.

Genie was standing at the foot of the bed, holding the box. "Forgive me." He opened the box. The snake rose, briefly facing Genie, turning its attention to Leopold, slowly sneaking under the sheets. Genie approached him, who woke. As the snake reached the pillow, both snake heads bit Leopold. Almost immediately, Leopold's skin turned bruised and purple, causing him to gasp for air. Genie took his hand. "The pain will soon pass. You gave me my freedom. You gave me a chance to find love, and for that, I'm forever in your debt. But just as you freed me, so must I now free the Queen and Alcina. Forgive me."

Leopold used the last of his strength to prevent Genie from leaving the room. "You were right. I should never had made that wish."

Leopold slowly drifted off.

ღღ

Now

Storybrooke

Day - Town Hall - Outside

Gold joined Emma, Ella, Freya and Sidney outside as they watched Regina. "Look at her. Queen of the castle. You know, what the three of you did in there was commendable. But if you really want to bring her down, you're going to need a strong ally."

"Like yourself?" Freya asked sarcastically. Gold tilted his head in answer. "Thanks. I'm still not interested."

"Oh, a father can wish for a daughter to come to him for help again," Gold replied, smiling slightly, taking his leave.

Freya sighed, rolling her eyes. Emma and Ella looked at her in confusion.

Regina approached them. "Swans? Miss Gold? A word?" She gave Sidney a look. "Alone?" Sidney walked away. "I don't know what you were hoping to accomplish in there, but now, I hope you'll go back to your jobs, which is upholding the law, not breaking it. You don't think I know you broke into my office?"

"Don't pretend you're so innocent," Emma replied. "We know you messed with the brakes on our car."

"Your brakes?" Regina repeated. "Are you delusional? Why would I kill you when you just saw I had nothing to hide?"

Ella sighed. "Nothing we can prove."

"Well, until you have something more substantial than disdain to throw my way, you're going to stay away from me, and more importantly, from Rose, Henry and Lisa," Regina told them.

Ella shook her head worriedly. "But that's--"

"Not open for discussion," Regina interrupted. "You've lost the high ground, girls. If I wanted to, there's not a judge in the world that would deny me a restraining order after what you've done. You don't get to see my children unless I say so, and right now, I don't say so."

Regina walked away. Ella and Freya glared after her in anger. Emma looked at them sympathetically.

New Playground

Henry, Rose and Lisa were sitting at the new playground, seeing that Freya, Emma and Ella were quite a distance away, waving, taking out their walkies to talk to them.

"Why are you so far away?" Lisa asked. "Come over here."

"Sorry, kids," Emma told them. "We can't today."

"You're undercover, aren't you?" Henry asked. "For Operation Cobra?"

"No, Henry, we're not undercover," Ella answered. "Your mom, she doesn't want us seeing each other for a while."

Rose frowned. "You don't have to listen to her."

Freya sighed. "Actually, this time, we do."

Ella shook her head sadly. "We screwed up, Rose."

"We got mad at your mom about you three and the book and everything and..." Emma trailed off.

Ella sighed. "Well, we're just going to have to be apart for a little while."

Rose sat down sadly. "I don't want to be apart."

"Neither do we," Freya told them. "But right now, we have to. I'm sorry."

"Don't worry," Ella told them. "We'll find a way back in."

Emma sighed. "And hey. If it's still out here, Lisa, we will find your book."

Lisa looked at them sadly. "Good luck. It's probably gone. And it's probably never coming back. Just make sure you can."

Granny's Bed and Breakfast - August's Room

Tongs were used to break a lock, opening the box. August took out Lisa's book, taking a closer look.

Granny's Diner

Going for a drink, Emma, Ella and Freya saw Sidney sitting at a counter with a drink.

"Looks like we had the same idea," Emma told him.

"Well, if you can't beat her, drink," Sidney told them, drinking. "How did we not see this?"

"We did," Ella told them. "We saw it all, right from the start. Just didn't want to look."

Freya nodded, looking down. "Blinded by our anger. By everything. This time."

"But there are a lot more skeletons in Regina's closet," Sidney told them. "And the good news? You've got yourselves an ally."

Emma shook her head. "Right. We won't get fooled again."

They clinked glasses.

Flashback

Enchanted Forest

Night - Leopold's Palace - Alcina's Chambers

Dark Sorceress was sitting at her dressing table.

Genie walked in. "It's done. One of your captors is gone, my love. One more, your mother, to be gone. Then you will be free. We will be free to be together." Dark Sorceress was still paying attention to her mirror. "Did you not hear me? Our days of imprisonment are almost over."

"You haven't heard the news?" Dark Sorceress asked. "The palace guards found the snake. They know it's from your country. They know it is you who killed the king. It's only a matter of time before they catch you. You will be executed. I'm sorry, but we will never be together." She stood, turning to face him. "Come, I've arranged for a boat to provide you save passage out of the kingdom. You must leave at once."

Genie realized, shocked. "The Agrabahn Viper. Of all the snakes in all the world, that is what you chose. You wanted the murder to be traced back o me. You fooled me. You never loved me."

"Actually, I did," Dark Sorceress admitted. "But that is why I had to cut you from my life. Before my mother did it for me. My mother and Regina wanted the king killed, and I had you do it, so that you have to run or be killed, cutting you out of my life before my mother could have the chance to do it, proving to her that I am capable of taking care of this myself without her interference. Proving to her that I'm no longer one of the little girls she destroyed. Be grateful I'm offering you an escape. Now flee the kingdom and never turn back."

Genie shook his head. "I can't live without you. I won't live without you."

"Did you not understand me?" Dark Sorceress asked, annoyed. "There is no way we will ever be together."

"There is one way," Genie told her, reaching for his lamp in his pocket. "There is still one wish remaining. I wish to be with you forever. To look upon your face always. To never leave your side."

Blue smoke covered him. The lamp fell to the ground.

Dark Sorceress heard a tapping sound, turning around, searching for Genie, finally looking into her mirror, seeing that instead of her own reflection, Genie faced her from within, smiling in shock and amusement. "Looks like you've got your wish. You will be with me. Forever. But not until I return from visiting my mother and reporting what has occurred here the past few days. She will want to know everything. And I will tell her everything. Maybe she will finally release both me and my sister if she learns of this. Whenever I'm not here with you, you will be with my sister. If you can't be with me, you'll be with you. Goodbye, mirror."

Now

Storybrooke

Day - Town Hall - Mayor's Office

Lost in thought, Sidney looked at one of the mirrors of the office.

Regina approached him from behind. "Have a seat, Sidney." They both sat down. Regina took an apple from the fruit bowl standing on the table. "Well?"

Sidney pulled a tape recorder out of his pocket, playing the tape back.

Sidney: (on recorder) "How did we not see this?"

Ella: (on recorder) "We did. We saw it all, right from the start. Just didn't want to look."

Freya: (on recorder) "Blinded by our anger. By everything. This time."

Sidney: (on recorder) "But there are a lot more skeletons in Regina's closet. And the good news? You've got yourselves an ally."

Emma: (on recorder) "Right. We won't get fooled again."

Sidney switched off the recorder.

Regina was pleased. "Mm, they bought it."

Sidney nodded. "It was hard to convince Freya, but Emma and Ella bought all of it."

Regina smiled. "Masterful job, Sidney. Top to bottom." She offered him the apple. "And cutting the breaks of their car? Inspired."

Sidney chuckled. "I'm glad you approve."

"Now, they trust you," Regina remarked. "Now, we can have some fun."

"Everything they do, everywhere they go, you'll know about it," Sidney told her.

Regina smirked. "I don't know what I'd do without you, Sidney."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 5.2K 37
"Nothing is worth destroying yourself over, but if you are going to destroy yourself, make sure it is for something spectacular, make sure it is for...
149K 3.9K 29
"ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴀʏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍʏ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴇ. ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴇ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱɪꜱᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ꜱɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜɪᴛᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴍᴀʀʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇʀ ʜᴜꜱʙᴀɴᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ɴ...
28K 1K 21
Vanessa has finally been reunited with her love, daughter and now grandson, but is still not on good terms with her mother. Mr Gold, however, is out...
72.3K 2.3K 46
We know the story of Emma Swan, mother of Henry, daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming. But what about the story of Elias Swan, father of Henry...