Man in the Mirror || irwin (D...

By desmadres

She found something, or rather someone, she never expected to find in her new room. More

man in the mirror
prologue
[ part one ]
[ 1 ] 2013
[ 2 ] 2013
[ 3 ] 1960
[ 4 ] 2013
[ 5 ] 2013
[ 6 ] 2013
[ 7 ] 2013
[ 8 ] 2013
[ 9 ] 1960
[ 10 ] 2013
[ 11 ] 2013
[ 12 ] 2013
[ 13 ] 2013
[ 14 ] 2013
[ 15 ] 2013
[ 16 ] 2013
[ 17 ] 2013
[ 18 ] 2013
[ part two ]
[ 19 ] 2013
[ 20 ] 2013
[ 21 ] 2013
[ 22 ] 2013
[ 23 ] 2013
[ 24 ] 2013
[ 25 ] 1960
[ 26 ] 1960
[ 27 ] 2013
[ 28 ] 2013
[ 29 ] 2013
[ contest ]
[ 30 ] 2013
[ 31 ] 2013
[ 32 ] 2013
[ 33 ] 2013
[ winners ]
[ 34 ] 2013
[ 35 ] 2013
[ 36 ] 2013
[ part three ]
[ 38 ] 2013
[ 39 ] 1961
[ 40 ] 2013
[ 41 ] 2013
[ 42 ] 2013
[ 43 ] 2013
[ 44 ] 2013
[ 45 ] 2013
[ 46 ] 1962
[ 47 ] 2013
[ 48 ] 2013
[ 49 ] 2013
[ 50 ] 2013
[ 51 ] 2013
[ 52 ] 2013
sequel
MITM Series

[ 37 ] 2013

27.6K 1.5K 977
By desmadres

[ 37 ] 2013

-

"Where did you get that gun?"

-

"So the goody two shoes girl is a hunter too?" Andrea sneered.

"I'm not." Harley swore, blue eyes widening in horror.

She knew she wasn't the type of person who could kill anyone, but she also knew her mother was once a rebellious biker chick with black hair and dark lipstick, and someone had done something to her and made her into the smiley blonde haired woman she was today.

Could she have been a hunter and someone blocked her memories of it?

Michael chuckled, delighted at the news. "This just got very interesting."

"Pfft." Andrea scoffed, "Like you didn't already know she was your kind."

All the while, Calum remained quiet, unsure what to think. It was commonly known to all shifters that hunters were the enemy and viceversa.

Had she been lying the whole time?

"Calum," She pleaded, suddenly needing his approval, "I'm not a hunter, I promise."

"Then why is your name on that gun?" He asked her, though his eyes seemed absent, a million miles away, lost in his thoughts.

"I don't know!" She cried out in frustration. "I've never seen this gun in my life."

"She's probably been planning to kill us all this whole time." Andrea continued trying to drive a wedge between them. "What a clever girl, playing innocent and trying to fool us."

"Andrea..." Niall warned.

But the blonde continued with a shrug of her shoulders. "What? She probably isn't even searching for anyone. She just wanted to come all this way to retrieve her stupid blood diamond gun or whatever its called."

"Diamond Rose." Michael corrected her with a glare.

"Whatever."

"Say it right, bitch." The boy with the white hair told Andrea.

Outraged, Niall began, "Hey, watch your-"

Bringing her hands over her ears to block everyone out and shutting her eyes tight, Harley yelled, "Shut up!" When everyone around her went completely silent, she told them, "Okay, here's the deal. You will all shut up and help me find Arthur Vega. Niall-" She gestured to the toolbox. "Take the money. If its in there along with this gun, then it must be for me. Michael-" She turned towards the boy with the pale skin, "I am giving you verbal permission to shoot anyone who opposes me. And Andrea-" Her eyes darted towards the blonde, "One more bitch remark and I'll blow your brains out. I don't think you want to test me and find out if I'm actually a hunter or not."

They all nodded silently at her.

Harley clipped the chain of her new weapon on the beltloop of her denim shorts and slid the gun into her side pocket as if it were a holster.

From behind them, the same woman Harley had talked to said, "What are you all doing in my yard?"

And the teenagers took it as their que to leave. They all bolted down the side of the house while she called after them. They piled into the mini van and took off with Niall driving.

She hadn't given him any directions, so Harley was surprised to see they seemed to be headed somewhere. "Where are we going?"

"The person who put the money and the gun in the box lives a half hour from here." He explained.

.

.

.

.

He parked on another residential street by the name of Florence and when they were all out of the car, he led the group down to a house with a large tree right in front, blocking most of the house from view.

It was night time, but it didn't matter to them.

They walked across the grass, on their way to the front door when Harley heard a noise behind her that sounded like a thud. She and Calum looked back to find Andrea was gone and Niall searched for her frantically in the darkness. Her cries of pain came seconds later, accompanied by a light sizzling sound.

"Help!" She called, her voice sounding tortured.

Harley and Niall followed the sound of her voice to find she had fallen into a trap. It was a hole, at least ten feet deep and the bottom of it was full of chrysanthemum leaves, which was why she was burning.

"We have to get her out of there." Niall said, worry etched across his face.

"Leave her." Calum whispered, "We'll get her out later."

He grabbed onto her arm and pulled her forward.

But Niall refused to move. Going back for his friend, Calum grabbed him by the arm and dragged him toward the front door where Michael and Harley were waiting.

They could all hear Andrea's cries as she yelled, "When I get out of here, I'm going to kill you all!"

Harley's face contorted in pity and she considered returning to help Andrea, but her anger at Andrea prevented her from doing anything to help. Blocking her out of her mind, she focused on the matter at hand; an unknown house possibly filled with traps.

"Open the door." Calum urged his blonde friend.

Without even thinking it over, he used his powers to unlock the door from the inside and pushed it open. But Harley reached out just in time and pulled him out of harm's way before a bucket of acid that rested on top of the door fell on him.

"Thank you." The Irish breathed in disbelief that he could have suffered a terrible accident.

"That escalated quickly." Michael commented on the severity of the trap.

"Looks like the farther you go into the house the worse the traps get." Calum observed.

Harley bit her lower lip in worry. "Maybe we should just head back. This could be dangerous." She suggested.

But Calum shook his head. "We're already here, we can't just back down. Think about Andrea," He reminded, a smirk appearing on his face which he quickly tried to suppress. "She took one for the team and you want that to be for nothing?"

"What?" Andrea shrieked in outrage, having heard them talking. "No. You fucking go in there and do whatever you have to do! And then come get me."

"You heard her." Calum said.

Sensing her uneasiness, Ashton appeared before her, concern on his face. "You don't have to do this." He said, taking a few steps towards her and placing a hand on her shoulder.

The two stood between the open door and Calum and the raven haired boy walked forward, pushing Ashton inside, where he fell on the tiled floor of the livingroom with a thud. "You go first. None of the traps will hurt you."

"Calum!" Harley gasped as another trap was triggered in the next second.

It was a set of knives that were propelled from the left side of the house and ended up going right through Ashton, falling on the floor at the far end of the livingroom.

They all stepped into the house when the coast was clear. From the inside, it seemed like any regular house and Harley wondered how this person had managed to set up all those traps. Niall took a whiff of the air in the house and told them, "The person you're looking for is in the last bedroom on the right."

Ashton got back on his feet and stepped in front of Harley. "Calum's right," He reasoned, "I should go first."

His feet carried him in the dark house towards a small hallway. The moment he passed the threshold past the livingroom, a large blade, like a french guillotine came down from the ceiling, stopping on the tiled floor.

"This person really doesn't want anyone in their house." Michael muttered while they all watched Ashton.

Harley held her breath. She knew nothing could harm him, but she still felt worry for him. He turned left once in the hall and the others followed behind him a few feet. Next to her, she saw Michael take a few steps back where the hallway led to a room on the opposite end, triggering metal bars to shoot down from the ceiling, encasing him in a metal cage. He touched the bars, but pulled back quickly when his fingers began to burn.

Not really seeing the danger in all of it, he said nonchalantly. "Looks like you have to go on without me."

The next one to fall into a trap was Niall, who got his foot caught on something. 

He grunted as he was flipped upside down and hung from the ceiling by his foot. Harley gulped. "We're next, Calum."

"Mirror Boy," Calum called, "You're not doing a very good job at triggering the traps before we get there."

"Sorry." Ashton huffed.

Their slow steps finally ended at the end of the hall, where there was a closed door. Ashton pushed it open to find it was a bedroom, but it was empty. She could hardly see into the room, but there wasn't much, only an individual bed, a dresser and a television. 

When nothing happened, she considered it safe to enter the room. But Calum stepped in front of her, "I'll go first."

He walked into the room, with Harley following behind him. They were startled when, from the other end of the room, a man jumped out from behind the curtains. He was dressed in black from head to toe and it was impossible to make out any of his features. 

The man's hand shot down to his belt where he had a set of throwing knives. 

Pulling one of them out, he threw it at Calum, first one and then another, with surprising speed. All Harley could do was watch in surprise.

But the knives didn't puncture his skin, but rather pinned him against the opposite wall, leaving him immobile. The tall man, seeing Harley was completely defenseless, took a few slow steps toward her. 

As he got closer, Ashton stepped in front of her protectively.

The man dressed in black pulled something else that was clipped to his belt, a small silver cube, about an inch all around, with a little red button on the side. His thumb pressed the button and Ashton was sucked into the small container like a vacuum.

Her heart froze at the thought of Ashton being trapped again.

Sliding the small box into his pocket, he went past her to Calum, who was struggling to get the knives that pinning him down.

The mysterious man waved a hand in front of Calum and ordered, "Sleep."

Calum's head dropped immediately and his breathing relaxed.

Turning towards Harley again, he said in a menacing voice that sent a chill down her spine. "Who are you, and what do you want?" His eyes fell upon the shiny metal gun that hung in her denim shorts pocket. "Where did you get that gun?" He demanded, bringing the cold metal of the blade to her fragile neck.

She gulped. 

"My name is Harley Quinn."

-

a week and about three days without updating.

as you all know, i was very sick last week. so i didn't have a chance to update this or any of my other stories.

so thank you for being patient with me.

i tried so hard to have a new chapter up yesterday, but i just wasn't feeling it. i knew what i wanted at the beginning of the chap, i knew what i wanted at the end, but the middle of it all was what got me since it was difficult to get back into the swing of things.

anyway, i hope you enjoy it.

thank you all for supporting and reading and getting this to 300K+ reads.

i was so stoked.

oooh guys, i ordered world cup panini stickers and i got them in the mail today. lets all celebrate the fact that i have a kun aguero sticker cause that mofo is the bae since sunday and i screamed when i got it. i mean i got tons of other hot footballers but none made me happier than kun, except maybe gio dos santos from mexico.

question of the day; what's your fave old disney movie? like from the 90s and before. mine is alice in wonderland. i love the quote "we're all mad here." i find the movie fascinating.

so yeah, thank you for everything.

this chap is dedicated to BRITISHBUMS cause she voted and commented and she is perf.

she killed me. in a totally good way, like i fangirled to the max.

so go check her out if you haven't already.

thank you.

i love you.

oooooh, ps, watch the vid in my sidebar. its from the world cup, when a brazilian reporter tries to prank the mexicans by offering them the spiciest salsa in brazil and he was hoping they'd think it was too hot so he could poke fun at them, cause its known that mexicans can handle spicy food. he thought they wouldnt handle, but all of them did. they all loved it and asked for more and his prank failed miserably. they even dared him to try the salsa and he was the one sho couldnt handle the heat. lol

-clary xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 120 15
When Della's new neighbor moves in, she not only finds someone who she can trust, but she learns to find herself.
746K 14.5K 68
Holly never thought her world would be normal. What she didn't expect was finding love before she even knew what it was.
919 38 15
She stepped out of the door taking in the fresh afternoon summer’s air this was not what she expected when she wanted something different, something...
109K 2.2K 52
Lauren never knew that when she bumped into somebody, her life would change forever.