Forbidden Love- USWNT

Oleh uswnt-fanfic

Christen is the new varsity soccer coach at Pinewood High School after moving from Sweden because of a scanda... Lebih Banyak

Welcome to Pinewood
The Student
Party at Servando's
A Late Night
Win, feelings, and Strange Calls
Cars, clothes, and Calories
The Forbidden Kiss
Avoid... if possible
Keep Calm, Stay Strong
The Mistake
Everything's Going to be Just Fine
Clearing the Air
Roll Through the Punches
The Bachelor
Mini Golf
Unwelcomed Visitors
Sweet Thoughts to Not
My Highlight of the Day was...
Where's Christen?
Say Your Goodbyes
Ms. Tom Cruise
Fox Bridge
Home Sweet Home
*BONUS CHAPTER*

Keep My Mind Busy

4.4K 75 5
Oleh uswnt-fanfic

Tobin's Pov.

As I was driving home, I couldn't stop thinking Christen's smile. It made her eyes pop out so much more, and her perfect teeth were also a standout. I knew when I tried to hid my blush, it was horrible but she was kind enought to not point it out and leave me with the dignity I had left.

I had my favorite car jams playing and I had my window down. Being in my car and driving around was also another way that would calm me down, or just put me in a more relaxing mood. It was so nice that I almost forgot about the party.

And speaking of forgetting the party, when I was with Christen, just being in the same room made my emotions wash away. But she was my coach, and I'm a student, so why am I thinking all of this of my coach? I was kinda scared at these foreign feelings and I knew that I had to keep them to myself or else I would get into some serious shit.

I realized my parents would be wondering where I was last night. I would just make an excuse that I slept at Alex or something. And let me tell you that will be the last time I would use that excuse with anyone. She can just go to hell if all I care. I turned into my street, and saw Jeffrey sitting on the porch. Great. Just great.

I parked the car in the driveway and got out and made a bee line to the side door when I was stopped.

"Where do you think your going?" Jerrey asked.

"Inside? Where else?"

"First tell me where were you last night," he demanded.

"I was at a party, that's all," I shrugged. I was pretty good when lying to my family, but also hated to.

He stood up and walked close to me. He then inhaled deeply into me, and pulled back, "you smell sweaty, did you forget to take a shower, or did the party go in the morning too?"

Shoot, I forgot about the soccer practice with Christen. I must've smelt really bad, "Do you think I would take a shower after a party like last night? I had no time to shower, I had to watch my friends and be the responsible one and make sure nothing went down. It's like taking care of little 6 year old sometimes. So yeah I forgot to take a shower... JEFFREY," I loved it how I turned the tabled around, and I loved accusing him.

"Okay okay okay relax Tobin, jeez, I'm only kidding," he held up his hands in surrender and moved to the side so I could go inside.

"Does mom and dad know I was gone all night?" I asked before going in.

"I don't know, I think they have their suspiciouns, but I'd try going upstairs without them knowing," he suggested.

I nodded and went in, to have my nose be slammed with the smell of fresh cookies. I quitely walked upstairs and as soon as I got to my room I gently closed the door and sighed.

How do I get out of this one? I cant' straight up say I was staying at a teacher's house and I couldn't say I stayed with Alex cause my parents would text her parents and I don't know if Alex would follow. Heck I don't even know where she is.

I decided I should ask people, but not her directly. I texted Allie to see if she knew where she was

T: Hey Harry, do you know where Alex is?

A: Hey Harry, I think she crashed back at Moe's. Everyone's here if you want to come.

T: Okay thanks I might stop by.

A: U ok?

T: Yeah just tired from last night

A: I gotchu, well I'll see you sometime

I decided that I would take a quick hot shower to rinse off from the party and this morning so I grabbed a pair of joggers and a muscle shirt and tiptoed to the bathroom.

"Aha!"

I jumped up and almost knocked over a picture. Perry was at the threshold of her door, laughing at my reaction.

"You are so busted," she started to say, when I ran up to tackle her and covered her mouth.

"Shhhh! You can't tell anyone," I hissed.

"You afraid mom and dad will find out?" she teased

"Yes, and I don't have a solid story to give them yet so stay quiet please!"

"What happened Tobin, you and Alex did it last night?" she said raising her abrows down and up.

"What? No! We never had sex," I said with a discusted face. I had sex before, but the thought of having it with her disgusted me.

"Okay dont' get your pants tied up,  I won't say anything," she said while pretending to zip up her mouth.

"Thank you, just don't drop any hints or ask me questions that will make them ask questions," I warned.

She nodded and turned around to do whatever she was doing before. I walked into the bathroom and took off my sweaty clothes and tooka  nice cold shower. I let the water relax the tension I had, and I hated to admit that I had to officially breakup with Alex.

After the shower, I threw on my clothes and put on a sprit of perfume in case there was still an eroma on me. I walked downstairs, and walked in the kitchen.

"Morning Tobin, how you this morning?" asked my mom.

"Fine, I slept like a log," I said pretty chill.

"Want some cinnamon and raisin bread?" she asked. Damn she always made the best loaf of cinnamon raisin bread ever.

"Heck yes!" I cut a big piece and started to eat the delicious, mouthwatering bread.

"Over a plate," she scolded. I nodded and grabbed a plate.

"Morning Tobin," my dad walked in.

"Sup dad, okay well I have to go now, I'm meeting the team at Moe's," I said before my dad could get another sentence out.

I grabbed my car keys and wallet and started walking off with another piece of bread, "be safe Tobin!" my mom called out.

I gave a thumbs up behind me, and walked outside to my car, to see Jeffrey still outside.

"They don't know?"

"Nope, and it'll stay that way," I said without stopping and turning around.

"Your crazy you know that?" he said.

"I know," I got in my car, and drove off to Moe's. I thought a million ways on how to confront Alex, but none seemed to please me. I was just going to straight up say it to her I guess.

I pulled up to Moe's street and drove around until I found her house. A couple of cars were parked in her driveway and in the street, so I parked in the street and walked up the entrance and knocked on the door.

I heard shuffling from the other side of the door and soon it opened, my heart dropped a little.  Alex had a smile on her face, until she saw me and immediately dropped. I gave an awkward semi-smile before walking in. I looked over at the living room and saw the team sitting around either talking or watching a soccer game.

"Sup Tobin?" said Allie, eating a bowl of cereal while watching the game.

"Hey Allie," I turned to face Alex who had the same face as I did. I tilted my head upstairs and she nodded. We walked into a guest room and I closed the door behind.

"Alex..."

"I'm sorry Tobin," she blurted out.

I sighed. I knew this would be one way she would take this, "Alex, I know you are but..."

"Tobin, I don't know exactly what went down at Servando's party, but I know enought that I regret the night."

I looked directly in her eyes. I saw the look on her face, her jaw looked clenched, and her feet werent' staying still.

"Alex..." I waited for her to interrupt me again, but she didn't, "Alex what happened at Servando's opened my eyes. I've seen the two of you for almost a month now, doing the same things over and over again. I see you two flirting with each other, and you're giving each other nicknames and touching each other."

"Tobin I know we've been doing that, but those didn't mean anything. Whenever I'm with you, it means something. He can't give me the same effects you do," she pleaded.

I looked down and thought at her words, "I've tried so hard Alex, I've given you space so that you could take actions into your own hands, but clearly you can't. You go back to him and I feel we're distancing ourselves. I can't be feeling this anymore."

"No, no please Tobin, I love you, and you said at the beginning of our relationship that we would go thick and thin with each other," by this point she looked like she could start crying.

"I'm sorry Lex, but I'm at the point I can't trust you. I have to breakup with you," I wasn't going to lie that I felt a little bad doing this, I never wanted to be in a situation where I had to breakup with someone, but also I had to take care for myself and if that means I have to be a little selfish, so be it.

She started letting her tears slip, and she looked down. I stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do.  I knew I was doing the right thing, and when it comes to sad times or people who are struggling, I have a soft spot for that.

I then let go, and started walking to the door, and turned around to see Alex standing their, crossed arms. I knew that if I walked back to her, I would just be sending encouragement of getting back, so I had to be strong and walked away.

I walked downstairs, and saw everyone was still doing what they were doing before, but not until Moe and Allie laid eyes on me. Out of the whole team they were the ones who could read everything about me. They quitely walked out of the room and headed towards me.

They didn't say a word, instead we walked outside and sat on the hanging seat on the porch. I sat in between them, and rested my head on Allie's shoulder. Moe's hands were on my back, giving my shoulders a rub.

I didn't have to say anything, as the tears did the 'talking' for me. I felt my body shaking, and tried to control it but couldn't.

"Shhhh," whispered Allie.

"I can't anymore," I stiffled.

"Tobin, we got your back. We'll give you all the time you need," reasurred Morgan.

"Thanks, its just I can't stand how someone can pick up another person while dating another for almost a year."

"What do you mean, we thought you guys had a mutual breakup and needed something new," said Morgan.

"No, Alex found interest in Servando and hasn't been spending a lot of time with me."

"What?!" said Allie and Moe in unison,

"Shhhh! The team can't know about it guys or else no one is going to want to play with Alex and then we'll play scrappy tomorrow!" I hissed.

"Okay, we won't but what exactly happened?" asked Morgan.

I told them what happened at Servando's party, and they looked at each other as if they knew something.

"What, what is it?" I demanded.

"Welll... we could see Alex and Servando getting too close, and they were dancing for a minute by the pool, until you showed up of course, and then after you left, leaving Servando in the pool, well Alex jumped in and they started hitting it off again.  We didn't know if Alex was completely drunk and let the alcohol do all the actions," said Allie.

"Why didn't you stop them?"

"We tried, but there was so many people, and Alex "couldn't" hear us calling her name."

I sighed in frustration. I needed to get out of here. I couldn't stand being in the same area as Alex right now.

"Can we go? Anywhere but here?" I asked.

"Sure, where are you thinking?" asked Allie.

"Actually guys I would go, you know that, but I've got the team at my place," pointed out Moe.

"We understand, and I'll keep you updated too," reasurred Allie. Moe nodded in agreement.

"Can we go to the coffee place?" I suggested.

"Of course, and I'll treat you." I nodded and we stood up to leave. Moe went back inside and we walked to my car. Allie didn't have her car here, since last night she knew she would have a couple of drinks at the party but she offered to drive us.

I sat in the passenger seat, while she took the wheel. I knew sulking around and thinking about the breakup would make my next few days miserable so I put on some jams and sang along with Allie to lighten the mood.

"We, are never ever ever, getting back together!" I yelled the last lyrics of Taylor Swift. We both laughed at how silly we sounded, but no one else was here so why not?

We arrived at the coffee place and walked in. It was a nice, vintage coffee shop with one of the walls exposed with brick, and towards a back there was a small library and sitting area. The lights were strung on the ceiling, leaving the bulbs naked.

"Can I have an iced carmel machiato?" asked Allie when we were up front.

"And can I have a green tea lemonade?"

"Sure, names?" asked the lady behind the counter.

"Allie and Tobin."

Allie paid for the drinks, and waited until our drinks were made. There were a couple of other people ahead, so we sat down.

"I still can't believe what Alex did," said Allie.

"I know, was it someting about me that I did? Anything that I should've done better?"

"Tobin, don't say those things. You were not the problem okay? Alex was the one. She couldn't see how great of a person you are. It wasn't your fault."

"Thanks, I'm just glad I ended things sooner so I wouldn't have to go on with the feeling they could be making out."

"I know, and you know what, I'll be with you trying to get your mind off of it."

I nodded and patted her shoulder. Our drinks were ready and we sat down with our drinks by the brick wall and started chatting about anything but Alex.

"Hey, is that our coach?" asked Allie after taking a sip of our drink.

I looked up and sure enough saw Christen with Mrs. O'hara. Wow, this is really a small city. I kept my eyes faced to Allie, trying not to look in the direction as them, but soon her my name.

"Hey Tobin, hey Allie," said Christen waving to us.

We waved back and gave a smile. I looked back at Allie, not wanting to have Christen notice the mess I was in.

"So what else can I do for you?" Allie asked.

"Nothing really. I just need to be away from her, and I keep my mind off of things relating to her."

"Okay, but what about soccer?"

"Just playing will be enough to not think about it. I leave my personal problems off the pitch," I stated. I gave a quick peek and saw Christen and O'hara grabbing their coffee and starting to walk off. Christen turned her head back, and we made eye contact. I wasn't going to be rude and not aqknowledge her, so I waved goodbye. She smiled and waved back and walked outside behind O'hara.

I shook the tiny feeling inside of me, and continued my convesation with Allie. And keep my mind off of Christen while we're at it.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

195K 5.7K 52
This story is about two twins who both play soccer and come from a rough home life. Soccer is their safe place. What happens when the USWNT visits th...
21K 875 30
What happens when girls from the "Wrong Side of The Tracks" meet and fall in love with girls from the "Right Side".
196K 2.8K 24
Word Count: 36,850. "Nothing in the world is quite as good as lying down in dewy grass, nighttime at long last after a day of walking absolutely now...
27.5K 416 30
Tobin and Christen Both have feelings for each other what happens when they admit they have feelings for each other.(This first takes place during 20...