Accepting Fate {Book 2 of The...

By GracieG04

Keegan Barnnet's story continues as he and Madeline are now Seniors in High School and are learning the diffe... More

A/N explanation
two
three
four. (bday pt. 1)
Five (bday pt.2)
six
seven
eight

one

36 4 0
By GracieG04

Keegan's POV
Shreveport, La
7-5-18
11:41 a.m.

"Baby wake up, we're making brunch." My Angel whispered to me. She was the only thing that got me up in the morning. "Hmm good morning princess." I pulled her to me and I started to dose off again.

" Oh, no sir Mr. Barnnet. Your not getting off that easily. " she got off of me and walked to the door. I groaned knowing that girl won't ever show me her vulnerable side. She wouldn't ever let you under her skin or under her clothes, trust me I've tried. Let's just say I almost needed face reconstruction. But I still loved and respected her for it. She knew right from wrong, and my dads number one household rule is no fooling around behind locked doors. I guess I shouldn't even try to provoke it.

Oh by the way, hi I'm keegan. The last time you heard from me or Madeline was around the Seventh grade. We had just met and she was fortunate enough to get away from her house and her dad to move in with Nathan and I. I still remember how happy I was that night.

I moved here when I was thirteen from Colorado where I lived with my pops and granny, until she passed away. We were super poor and after both my mom and my Granny passed, I came to live with Nathan in Louisiana. I was sad at the time, but I eventually realized that she and mom were always with me and I had met my forever family. I was now seventeen and was doing online school so that hopefully I could get a degree in photography and journalism one day. Madeline would be my model and I would be her photographer.

I got dressed and decided to go downstairs and see about this so called, "brunch". Nathan was filling up the waffle maker with waffle mix and Maddie was scrambling eggs. I looked over at the table and saw Ricky sitting there squeezing oranges, still half asleep. He crashed here last night after the firework show, he was to drunk to drive home.

Ricky had been Nathan's lifelong best friend, and Maddie and I's uncle figure since we were thirteen. He was super funny and could see the bright side of any situation. He was around 5'7 and had shaggy black hair with Crystal blue eyes and a pair of spider bites.

"Morning guys" I told Nathan and Ricky. I walked over to Maddie and wrapped my arms around her from behind and held her while she scrambled the eggs.

"Mornin babe. " she said kindly. I kissed her cheek and stood there watching her sway the spatula back and forward. I started to nibble on her ear and play with her arms. "Keegan Remy Barnnet, behave!!!" She told me only half seriously and half playfully. I thought I was in deep crap when she used my middle name, but false alarm.

"Fine." I replied in a fake annoyed voice. I started to walk off when she spun around and grabbed my arm as she pulled me back to her side. "Awww, missed me so soon?" I teased with her. I puckered my lips hoping that she might just give in and she played it out like she was, but at the last second she put waffle batter on my lips and nose and pulled away. "Don't try to tease the teaser." She said smugly . I wanted to suck that smirk right off her lips.

I stuck my tongue out at her and walked towards the bathroom when I saw Ricky and my dad laughing about what just happened. I reached up to my face and grabbed some batter and wiped it on both of their faces. "Yeah, really funny stuff huh?" I asked cynically .

I washed my face and by the time I got back to the kitchen, everything was ready. I piled two big waffles and some eggs on my plate.

We ate and lightly chattered to one another. I finished and cleared everyones plates for them since I was the only one who didn't help make breakfast. "It was all really good guys thanks." I heard a couple of thanks and an no biggy.

"Why don't we head to the mall and kill some time before I have to go to work?" I asked her.

" how about we go to the boardwalk and just bring your uniform with us. When it's time for your shift then you can change and go to work. I'll catch a cab or text Nathan. " she suggested.

"I guess but what about you? Don't you have to work?"

" No, Trinity wanted some extra shifts before her family went on vacation." She said.

"Ok, let me go change and put my uniform in the car." With that I snuck a kiss from her cheek which she let slide this time, and went to my room to get changed. I headed to the car.

1:29 p.m.

We got out of the car and walked into the boardwalk. We decided to eat at IHOB,(😑), we both got the pancake platter and it was really good. We paid and left the restaurant, and started to walk around when I remembered Madeline's birthday was in a couple of weeks. I whipped out my phone and put a reminder for after work to look for a gift.

"So I know someone who has a birthday coming up." I pulled her closer to me.

"Oh really, I wonder who that would be." She played coy.

" Hmmm, maybe my girlfriend?" I smirked and pulled her closer to me.

She really just had this way of making me feel like there are no problems in the world. She can change my whole entire day with just the bat of those long eyelashes. I loved this girl more than anything else in the world. With her I didn't have to have all the money in the world, or a fancy sports car, and not to mention a penthouse apartment. I didn't have to give her chocolates, and cards, and back rubs to help her sleep, and shopping dates everyday (even though I usually did that kind of stuff everyday anyways) because she loved me for me.

And it's crazy that I know all this because not once since we met four years ago had she told me she loved me. But she didn't have to say it. It was just something you could tell.

We stopped by the candy shop and we both got caramel apples, her favorite. We kept walking around and going into different little shops.

3:54 p.m.

My shift was fixing to start at the Nike outlet when we walked by Kay Jewelers. I had mindlessly stopped to tie my shoe not paying attention to the store, until I saw Maddie walk up to the glass and gasp. I quickly got up to go see what she was looking at.

"Whatcha looking at?" I asked her suspiciously. Right as she was fixing to say something the sales lady came up to the window and picked up a little silver bangle bracelet and handed it to a middle aged woman who had obviously been eyeing them.

"Oh nothing much." I knew exactly what she had been looking at now and I wasn't going to stop into I got my hands on one. "Hey you're going to be late if you don't go change."

" oh right, have you called Nathan? Yep, just texted him. He's on his way. " she informed me.

"Ok well I better get going, don't wanna make Mitch mad for the second time this week." I told her annoyed. She hugged me knowing that she could make me weak. " I don't want you to go. " it's not like I wanted to leave but I had to if I wanted to save for a bracelet now. Not to mention I can't live with Nate forever.

"I know but I'll be back tonight and we can cuddle and I might pick up some candy and we can watch a movie on Netflix. Ok Princess?" I tried to assure her.

" ok, but one thing I would change. American Horror Story: Asylum instead please. " she said very excitedly.

"Anything you want Princess." I said. I pulled her into a quick kiss. " I gotta go , I love you. "

" I know. " she said sweetly. Nathan had just pulled up and was waiting on Maddie to get in. She ran off towards the car, and I walked to Kay Jewelers. I asked Tanner if he would cover an extra fifteen minutes and I would but his lunch tomorrow.

I walked in and the lady that bought the bracelets was just walking out of the doors.

"Excuse me Miss, I hate to bother you but could I maybe ask for your help on something?" I asked as sincerely as I could. "Umm sure. What can I help you with?" She was supper nice so I figured she would help me.

" Well my girlfriend and I have been together for four years now and me and her both have had really hard lives until these past few of years. Well her birthday is in two weeks and she was staring at those bracelets a minute ago. I was wondering if maybe you would let me get a picture of them so that I could try to find another bracelet like it. " it was a bit of a long shot, but thankfully she said yes.

I pulled out my phone and snapped a picture of them. I thanked the lady and rushed to the Nike outlet. Ugh.

8:49 p.m.

I asked Mitch to go home ten minutes earlier than usual and I explained the whole bracelet situation and to my surprise, he said I could go.

I got there right before they were going to close. I walked up to the counter and asked if I made it in time and they assured me that I had.

I showed her the picture and she told me that they would have to order it and that it would be there on the thirteenth which was perfect because her birthday was on the fifteenth. I told lady a few other things I had in mind and I left the shop.

I was pretty sure I could afford the bracelets and other items because at the moment I had about $2,997 (plus my next paycheck so roughly around $3,067) saved up and I was also paying for my own gas, and I planned to take Maddie out for her birthday. The jewelry costed about $587. But what I got her was special. The rest would be saved for an apartment and college.

I got to my car and grabbed some candy at the convenience store and a couple of cokes and headed home.

I told my dad about the jewelry and everything I had planned and he seemed impressed. I told him Madeline and I were gonna watch tv and go to bed. I told him goodnight and went to my room.

I was greeted by Maddie looking at her phone and typing something. All the sudden my phone went off.

Princess
9:37 p.m.

-- Where are you??? I misses you. 😪

Look up 😏--

Her phone dinged and I stepped into the door and held up the candy. She smiled and pulled me into bed. We binged AHS:A. For about two hours when I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer.

"Goodnight Kee."

" Goodnight Baby. " I told her. " I... Love... You... So... Much... " I said inbetween kisses.

"I know."

With that I held my princess and rubbed her back until she fell all the way asleep.

Cast:
Brent Rivera as Keegan Barnnet
Lia Shelesh as Madeline Brinks
Chris Pratt As Nathan Parnell
Ricky Olson as an infamous of himself

Hey so a super long chapter, I know but I liked it. I know I'm kind of taking a risk with breaking this into two different books but, I like it. Anyhow. Don't forget to vote, share, and comment please!!! Thanks.

Later,

GracieG04

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 398 22
17 year old Theodore has never had the time to enjoy most of his teenage years, It was always school and Church, Bible study and that was his everyda...
164K 7.6K 37
[sequel to Fools] Noah and Sam are happy and in love... and living an hour away from each other while Sam enters his senior year of high school and...
151K 5.5K 47
In which two competitive culinary students get under each other's skin in all the right ways. * * * ʙᴏΙͺʟΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ᴘᴏΙͺΙ΄α΄› (ɴᴏᴜɴ): α΄›Κœα΄‡ ᴘᴏΙͺΙ΄α΄› α΄€α΄› ᴑʜΙͺα΄„Κœ ᴀɴɒᴇʀ ᴏʀ...