Worlds Colliding (Once Upon A...

By heartofice97

The town of Storybrooke was made by the Evil Queen (Regina Mills) from a curse that cursed the fairytale char... More

Characters & outfit links
Lisa's Items
chapter 1 - Pilot
chapter 2 - The Thing You Love Most
chapter 3 - Snow Falls
chapter 4 - Price of Gold
chapter 5 - That Still Small Voice
chapter 6 - The Shepherd
chapter 7 - The Heart is a Lonely Hunter
chapter 8 - Desperate Souls
chapter 10 - 7:15 AM
chapter 11 - Fruit of the Poisonous Tree
chapter 12 - Skin Deep
chapter 13 - What Happened to Frederick
chapter 14 - Dreamy
chapter 15 - Red-Handed
chapter 16 - Heart of Darkness
chapter 17 - Hat Trick
chapter 18 - The Stable Boy
chapter 19 - The Return
chapter 20 - The Stranger
chapter 21 - An Apple Red As Blood
chapter 22 - A Land Without Magic

chapter 9 - True North

430 23 9
By heartofice97

Outfits Link:

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/86783

ღ Worlds Colliding (Once Upon a Time) ღ

Storybrooke

Day One

Morning - Dark Star Pharmacy

Henry was reading a comic book, "Wolverine vs. Hulk". Rose and Lisa were nearby, looking at sunglasses, smiling and laughing. Henry looked toward them, at Lisa.

Ava Zimmer walked up to them. "You girls look like you're having fun. What is your boy reading?"

"The Hulk versus Wolverine," Henry answered.

"I'm Ava," Ava told them. "I think I've seen you around school. You're in Miss Blanchard and Miss Gold's classes, right?"

"Yeah," Rose answered.

Henry gave Lisa a teasing look. "And some of us are a lot closer to Miss Gold than others. Right, Lisa?"

Lisa tilted her head. "Henry."

Nicholas Zimmer walked up. "Almost ready, Ava?"

"This is my brother Nicholas," Ava explained.

"Hi," Nicholas told them. Lisa, Rose and Henry smiled. "Come on, let's go."

"You wanna come hang out?" Ava asked.

"Sure," Lisa answered.

Henry, Rose and Lisa grabbed their things to follow. Nicholas prepared to pull the handle of the door to leave.

The pharmacy's owner, Mr. Clark, pushed back the door. "Where the hell do you think you're going?" He pointed at Henry. "Uh, you, open up your bag."

"What?" Henry asked.

"Don't think I didn't see you rob me," Clark told him. He pointed at Lisa and Rose. "You two girls, too." Ava and Nicholas exchanged a glance. "Open your bags."

"But we didn't take anything," Lisa told him.

Clark opened their bags to find some chocolate bars. "And liars, too."

Henry turned to Ava. "That's why you were talking to us. So your brother could put that stuff in our bags."

"Henry," Clark scolded. "Lisa. Rose. I'm shocked." He looked at Ava and Nicholas. "And you two, just who do you think you are?"

Flashback

Enchanted Forest

Day - Woods

A woodcutter cut off a tree for his son and daughter, Hansel and Gretel, counterparts to Ava and Nicholas. "A fine specimen, the wood it provides will keep our family's hearth for warm this winter."

"Can't I have the ax?" Gretel asked.

"Huh?" the woodcutter asked.

"You did say you want me here so I can help," Gretel pointed out.

"That I did," the woodcutter agreed. "So, here's your task. Take the cart, go fill it with kindling. The drier, the better."

Gretel nodded, walking away. "Okay."

"And have your brother accompany you," the woodcutter told her.

Gretel took the cart. "Okay."

"Wait," the woodcutter told her, putting a compass around Gretel's neck. "Take this."

Gretel smiled. "Your compass?"

The woodcutter nodded. "So you won't get lost. A family always needs to be able to find one another, okay?"

"Okay," Gretel answered.

"Go," the woodcutter told them. "Be safe."

Hansel and Gretel set off.

In another part of the forest, Gretel carried some twigs to the cart while Hansel was playing with his sling. "It's getting late. We should go."

Hansel was still toying with his sling, causing his sister to take it away. "Hey, give it back. Come on, Gretel, give it back."

"No, Hansel, we need to get back to Father," Gretel argued.

Hansel sighed. "Fine."

Gretel picked up the compass. "Follow me."

Hansel pushed the cart, following Gretel.

Back where the woodcutter had cut off the tree earlier, his children returned to find that he was no longer there.

Gretel frowned in confusion. "This is where we left him."

"So why isn't he here?" Hansel asked.

They ran around that area.

"Father?" Gretel asked.

Hansel raised his voice. "Father!"

A sound emerged, and the two siblings ran into the direction of the sound. "Father! Father!"

Road

The woodcutter was nowhere to be seen. Gretel and Hansel turned back, seeing Vasilisa standing there.

Vasilisa smiled. "Hi. Who are you?"

"I'm Hansel," Hansel answered. "This is Gretel. You look familiar. You're a kid like us, but you dress like royalty, like a Fairy. Wait, are you Vasilisa?"

Vasilisa frowned a bit. "You've heard of me?"

"Everyone's heard of you," Gretel answered. "We know your adoptive mother, Priscilla. She's been looking for ways to find Jefferson, Grace and you. We've finally found you."

Vasilisa looked so incredibly relieved. "You've heard from Priscilla. Do you know where she is? Where I can find her?"

Evil Queen appeared, grabbing Vasilisa by the shoulder tightly. "It doesn't matter is they did or not, Vasilisa. You're not reuniting with Priscilla, or Jefferson or Grace." When Vasilisa tried to reach for Hansel and Gretel to teleport them away so she could keep them safe from the Queen, Evil Queen used the control of Vasilisa's wand to make her stop. "And you won't be able to protect these two from me either." She looked at Hansel and Gretel. "Speaking of which, what are you doing in my forest?"

Now

Storybrooke

Day - Dark Star Pharmacy

Regina was now here, speaking to Clark about the kids.

"I'm sorry, Madam Mayor, but your children were shoplifting," Clark told her.

"I am not her kid," Lisa told him.

Regina turned to the three of them. "Were you?"

Henry, Rose and Lisa shook their heads.

"Well, look for yourself," Clark told her, pointing to a bench, on which were their backpacks and some goods taken from it.

Regina took a look at the goods. "Henry, Rose and Lisa don't eat candy, and they know better than to steal." She picked up the backpacks, pointing at Ava and Nicholas. "It was obviously those two. We're going."

Freya, Emma and Ella walked in.

"Henry?" Ella asked. "Rose? Lisa? What happened?"

"Freya, must I remind you that you are not nor will you ever be Lisa's adoptive mother, and Ella, must I remind you that your genetics to Henry and Rose mean nothing?" Regina asked. "You're not their mothers and it's all taken care of."

Freya smirked sarcastically. "We're here because Emma and Ella are co-Sheriffs."

Ella nodded in agreement. "And Freya's a deputy when she's not a teacher."

"Oh, that's right, go on, do your job, and take care of those miscreants," Regina told them.

Freya looked at Clark. "Did you call their parents?"

"Uh, the number they gave me was disconnected," Clark explained, walking away.

"Did you guys give Mr. Clark a fake number?" Emma asked. Ava and Nicholas shook their heads. "Then why is it disconnected?"

Ava sighed. "'Cause our parents couldn't pay the bill."

Emma picked up a box of toothpaste they had planned to steal. "You guys are just trying to help out, huh?"

Ava nodded. "Please, please don't arrest us. It will just make things worse for our parents."

Flashback

Enchanted Forest

Day - Road

Evil Queen was controlling Vasilisa, while Hansel and Gretel were giving answers.

"Please forgive us," Gretel told them. "We didn't mean to bother you, we just lost our father."

Evil Queen smirked. "Two helpless children, lost and alone, a family torn asunder. Such a sad and moving story. Sounds like what happened between you and Grace, and Priscilla and Jefferson, doesn't it, Vasilisa?"

Vasilisa ignored her, raising a hand toward the Evil Queen to cast and immobilizing spell on her with a swirl of white lights, looking at Hansel and Gretel. "Go! That spell won't hold her still for long. Run!"

Hansel and Gretel ran away. When Vasilisa tried to take her wand from Evil Queen, she unfroze from the spell too quickly, using the wand to stop Vasilisa from getting the wand (and her freedom) back, using the wand to cause Vasilisa great pain for allowing them to get away.

Woods

Hansel and Gretel continued running.

Evil Queen appeared in front of them with a swirl of black smoke, blocking their path, twisting the wand in her hands to summon Vasilisa to her with a swirl of white lights and smoke as she appeared, laughing. "Running from me is foolish, but what Vasilisa just did is more so." Hansel and Gretel continued to run. Evil Queen twisted Vasilisa's wand to control her. "Vasilisa." Vasilisa tried to fight her control but couldn't, raising her arms, using light magic to control tree roots and branches to entrap Hansel and Gretel, making them fall to the ground, unable to move. Evil Queen walked toward the siblings, bringing Vasilisa with her. "Foolish, but also brave. And that bravery, may just have saved you and your family's lives."

Evil Queen made a motion with her hand, allowing Vasilisa to remove the trappings around Hansel and Gretel.

"You're--you're letting us go?" Gretel asked.

"Oh, I am doing so much more than that," Evil Queen told them. Vasilisa helped Hansel and Gretel up. "With the help of Vasilisa, I am going to find your father."

"Why?" Gretel asked.

Evil Queen smirked. "Because you two are going to do something for us."

"For you," Vasilisa corrected. "And you never, ever grant mercy to anyone unless you want something in return. So what it is?"

Evil Queen laughed.

Now

Storybrooke

Day - House - Outside

Emma and Ella had driven Ava and Nicholas to a house.

"This it?" Emma asked.

Ava nodded. All of them unfastened their seat belts. Emma and Ella opened their car doors, preparing to get out of the car.

"Please, no, if our parents see you, they'll be so embarrassed," Ava told them.

Ella closed her car door. "Did Henry, Rose or Lisa tell you about my superpowers? And Emma's?"

Ava shook her head. "We just met them."

"Emma and I have the ability to tell when anybody is lying," Ella told them. "Tell us the truth."

"Money problems aside, is everything okay at home?" Emma asked.

Ava nodded. "Yeah, we're great. Can we go?"

Emma sighed. "All right."

Outside

Ava and Nicholas got out of the car. Emma started the engine, as the two sisters watched Ava and Nicholas go up the stairs, and they stopped at the door, seeing Emma and Ella drive away.

"They're gone," Ava told him. "We're good."

They ran downstairs, to the backyard, climbing over a fence.

Storeroom

In the house's storeroom, Ava and Nicholas ran in, where they had been living in. Nicholas sat on a bed, and Ava put the food they got onto a cupboard. Suddenly, they heard some noise coming from the house. They followed the noise, seeing that Emma and Ella had followed them.

"Why did you guys lie to us?" Emma asked.

Startled, the two kids turned to face them.

"Where are your parents?" Ella asked.

Ava sighed. "We don't have any."

ღღ

Mary Margaret's Loft

Ava and Nicholas were having meals while Emma, Ella, Freya and Mary Margaret were talking.

"Do you know them?" Emma asked. "Do they go to your school?"

"I've seen them, but I had no idea," Mary Margaret answered.

"Neither did I," Freya agreed. "None of us did." She read from a profile. "Ava and Nicholas Zimmer. So their mother was a woman named Dory Zimmer. She died a few years ago." Mary Margaret shook her head. "No one seems to know her or remember her."

"And the father?" Mary Margaret asked.

Ella sighed. "There isn't one. At least, not one that they know."

"What does, uh, what does social services say?" Mary Margaret asked. The other three didn't answer. "You didn't report them."

Emma whispered. "We report them, we can't help them. They go into the system."

"The system that's supposed to help," Mary Margaret told them.

"Yeah, says the woman who wasn't in it for 16 years," Ella replied.

"Lisa's been in it for all her life over here," Freya told them. "She told me what it's like. They get thrown into homes where they earn meal tickets. Nothing more."

"That's the way it was for me and Emma, too," Ella agreed. "These families get paid for these kids and as soon as they're too much work, they get tossed out and all starts over again."

"But then not all are like that?" Mary Margaret asked.

"All the ones Emma and I were in," Ella answered. "All the ones Lisa was in."

"What, we're just gonna adopt them?" Mary Margaret asked. "Look how adopting Lisa is going for Regina or Freya."

Ella sighed. "I wanna look for their father. They don't know him. He may not know they exist."

"And you think if he knows, he'll want them," Mary Margaret realized.

"We don't know," Emma admitted. "But what we do know is that it's hard enough finding foster families to take one kid that isn't theirs. Let alone two."

Freya sighed. "It's the best shot, or..."

Ava suddenly walked up behind Freya. "We're gonna be separated?"

"No," Freya answered. "That's not gonna happen."

Ava was near tears. "Please, please don't let it."

Ava looked from her brother to the four women.

Hall of Records

A middle-aged man named Mr. Krzyszkowski was working behind his desk when Emma, Ella and Freya walked in.

"Excuse me, Mr..." Emma trailed off, seeing his name plate. "Ku-sas-ki?"

"It's Krzyszkowski," Mr. K corrected. "Everyone calls me K."

"Mr. K, these are Sheriff Swans," Freya told him. "I'm Deputy Gold."

"We're hoping to look at the birth certificates of Ava and Nicholas Zimmer," Ella explained.

K pulled out forms, handing them out. "Well, just fill out these forms, in triplicate."

K stamped all three forms.

Emma took one of the forms cautiously. "Okay."

K searched a drawer. "I am so sorry, those documents have been recently removed."

Ella sighed, already knowing the answer to her question. "By who?"

Storybrooke Town Hall - Mayor's Office

Emma, Ella and Freya had come to talk to Regina.

"Don't worry, you can relax," Regina told them. "I've contacted the social services. Turns out these kids are on their own. They need help."

"Which is exactly what we're trying to do," Freya told her. "We're trying to find their father."

"Well, he doesn't exist," Regina told them.

"He has to," Emma argued.

"Of course, biologically, he exists, but there's no record of him, which means we have no choice," Regina told them. "These children need a home, so they will be put in the foster system."

"Storybrooke has a foster system?" Ella asked.

"No," Regina answered. "We've barely been able to keep Lisa in Storybrooke for as long as we have, but that's only because she keeps running away. And I have contacted the state on behalf of Ava and Nicholas. Maine's group homes unfortunately are filled, but they put us in touch in two homes in Boston, a boy's home and a girl's."

Emma gave her a look. "They're separating them?"

"I don't like it either, but we've got no choice," Regina told them. "You need to have them in Boston tonight."

"Who?" Ella asked.

"One of you, I don't care who," Regina told them.

Freya shook her head. "No. We promised them they wouldn't be separated."

"Well, then you should stop making promises you can't keep," Regina replied. "These children need a home, and I'm already trying to adopt one child, I don't need another, and neither do any of you. I'm just trying to find the best home."

Flashback

Enchanted Forest

Day - Woods

Evil Queen was leading Vasilisa, Hansel and Gretel somewhere.

Vasilisa noticed the compass. "What is that?"

"My father's compass," Ava answered. "He gave it to me so I can find him, but now it's broken."

"When are you going to tell us where we're going?" Hansel asked.

Evil Queen slowed to stop, causing them to do the same. "This is close enough."

"Close enough to what?" Vasilisa asked suspiciously.

Evil Queen turned to face them. "The home of the Blind Witch."

Hansel and Gretel exchanged a look.

"That doesn't sound good," Gretel told them.

"It's not," Vasilisa answered, giving Evil Queen a look.

Evil Queen smirked. "She has something of mine and I need you two to get it back."

"What is it?" Gretel asked.

"Something I need to defeat a very wicked and powerful enemy,' Evil Queen told them. "It's kept in a black leather satchel inside her house."

"Well, why don't you get it yourselves?" Hansel asked. "How come you need us?"

"Because the house is protected by magic," Vasilisa answered. "People with magic can't enter."

Evil Queen smirked. "But luckily, the spell doesn't work on people without magic. You'll have to wait here until nightfall, and then once the witch is asleep, you can sneak in."

"And if we do this, you promise you'll find our father?" Gretel asked.

Vasilisa nodded. "Oh, indeed I will."

Evil Queen chuckled. "But there's one more thing. The witch's house is unique, and because of this, you have to take special precaution once you're inside."

"Like what?" Hansel asked.

"No matter what you do, no matter how you're tempted, don't eat anything," Vasilisa answered.

Evil Queen pushed away a leafy branch, revealing a gingerbread house behind it.

Now

Storybrooke

Day - Sheriff's Station

Henry, Rose and Lisa walked in, while Emma, Ella and Freya were researching for information about Ava and Nicholas' father.

"Any luck?" Henry asked.

"We didn't think so," Rose told them.

"I know who they are," Lisa told them.

"Who?" Rose asked.

"Brother and sister?" Lisa asked. "Lost? No parents? Hansel and Gretel."

"You saw them over there," Rose realized. "In the Enchanted Forest. Didn't you?"

"Yeah," Lisa answered.

Henry smiled slightly. "Cool. Do you know anything about their dad, Lisa?"

"I can't remember it all," Lisa explained. "But I know they got separated from him."

Henry nodded. "Right. Sounds like a familiar story."

Emma sighed. "Whoever this guy is, he could be in Loas by now."

Rose shook her head. "No. He's here."

"Just how do you know that?" Ella asked.

"'Cause no one leaves Storybrooke," Henry answered.

Rose nodded. "No one comes here. No one goes. It's just the way it is."

Henry looked at Emma and Ella. "There's only one reason why Rose, Lisa and I were able to leave. We're kids. Rose and I were born outside of the Curse. Lisa's the Light Bringer."

"And there's only one reason why we could bring you," Lisa agreed. "You're special. The Savior. The Protector."

Rose nodded. "You're the first strangers here. Ever. We told you this before. Did you forget?"

Emma took out a file from a drawer. "Well, if he's around here anywhere, we're gonna find him."

Henry sat on the desk. "Can you tell us about him?"

Freya sighed. "We don't know anything yet."

"Not their father," Henry told them. "Mine and Rose's." Ella looked up. "We told you about your parents. Now you're even living with your mom."

Ella sighed. "Mary Margaret isn't... she's..."

Freya chuckled slightly, wanting to help the kids convince Emma and Ella to believe, but knowing that they were nowhere near ready for that. "Never mind. We'll get back to that."

Rose looked at Ella. "Please. Because I always have this vision of our dad in my head. Did you get married?"

"No, nothing like that," Ella answered. "We hung out a lot, and life happened. We got into some trouble."

"And you and Emma went to jail," Lisa finished.

"Yeah," Emma answered. "And before we went, Ella found out she was pregnant with Henry and Rose."

Henry and Rose smiled. Lisa and Freya chuckled.

"Did you try to tell Henry and Rose's dad?" Lisa asked. Ella sighed, nodding. "You couldn't get a hold of him." Ella pointed at Lisa. "I'm smart like that."

Henry smiled. "That you are, Lisa. Ella?" Ella looked up. "Did you want to give me up? Give Rose up?"

"No, Henry, of course not," Ella answered. "Just with everything going on in jail, and I couldn't leave after I gave birth to you or Rose, and having no place to give you a home or have money to take care of you..."

"You sent us away," Rose finished. "To give us our best chance. Just like Snow White and Prince Charming did for you and Emma."

"We know we don't know much about Henry and Rose's dad," Lisa told them. "But do you have anything of his? Something you can be with him by? Even if he's not here with us? Something they can see?"

Ella sighed, shaking her head. "I--I don't..."

Freya suddenly realized something. "Kids, come on. We have to go. I may know how to find this guy. Lisa, bring your dolls."

Freya stood to leave. Emma and Ella exchanged a confused look, following. Henry, Rose and Lisa exchanged a look, standing, following.

Mary Margaret's Loft

Ava and Nicholas were eating cookies when Emma, Ella and Freya walked in. Henry, Rose and Lisa followed.

Emma sighed. "We want to show you guys something."

Lisa showed Ava and Nicholas her two porcelain dolls, both in old fashioned clothes, one in blue, and the other in white. (see Lisa's Items at beginning of book)

"What's that?" Nicholas asked.

"Two dolls," Henry answered. "Something Lisa has always held onto. Her whole life."

"Henry and I once asked Lisa about them," Rose explained. "And she told me and Henry that they're the only things that she has from her parents. Her real parents."

"My real dad died a long time ago," Lisa explained. "And my mom, too. My mom died a lot earlier than my dad did. My dad remarried a woman. My stepmother. But then she died too."

"And then Lisa was like us," Henry went on.

Rose sighed. "Henry and I were in the foster care system when we were babies."

Henry nodded. "Before we were adopted by the mayor. That's been our home ever since. And it's not always easy. But it's not the hardest either."

"Henry and I might not have been in the system as long as Lisa," Rose explained. "And we might not have been on our own like you two. But Lisa, Emma and Ella spent a lot of time with a lot of kids like us. And all of them? All of us? They hold onto stuff."

Freya, Ella and Emma were impressed with how well the kids were getting through to the other two.

"We want to find your father, but we need your help," Emma told them. "Is there anything of his you've held onto?"

"I might have something," Ava answered. "But if I give it to you, you'll make sure we stay together, right?"

"Right," Ella answered. Ava took out the compass, handing it over. "A compass?"

Lisa recognized the compass from the Enchanted Forest when she had asked Gretel about it.

"Our mom kept it," Ava explained. "She said it was our dad's."

"Thank you," Freya told them.

"Did you find them?" Ava asked.

"Who?" Lisa asked.

Ava looked at Emma and Ella. "Your parents." She looked at Henry and Rose. "Yours, too." She looked at Lisa. "A new family?"

Lisa looked at Freya, smiling slightly. "Yeah. I did."

Rose looked at Emma and Ella. "Henry and I? We found our real family."

"And now we have them," Henry agreed. "And we still have our adoptive mother."

Ella sighed. "Emma and I didn't find our parents, but we're gonna find yours."

Flashback

Enchanted Forest

Night - Gingerbread House - Outside

Hansel and Gretel were preparing to go in. Gretel put the compass into her pocket. Hansel got some cream from the wall with his finger, wanting to taste it, but was stopped by Gretel. They climbed inside through a window.

Inside

Hansel and Gretel arrived at a room with a table full of candles and cakes.

Hansel whispered. "Can you be sure she's sleeping?"

Gretel whispered. "I can't, and remember what Vasilisa said? Not even a lick."

Hansel saw that the Blind Witch was sleeping on a chair near the fireplace, pointing. "You're right, look."

Gretel pointed to somewhere near the Blind Witch. "And there's the satchel."

Gretel started to approach the satchel.

"What do you think is inside it?" Hansel asked.

"Doesn't matter," Gretel told him. "All that matters is getting it to Vasilisa and the Queen so they can find Father."

Gretel walked past the Blind Witch to the satchel. Hansel picked up a cupcake, looking at Gretel. Gretel stopped when the Blind Witch suddenly snored but, satisfied she was still asleep, carried on, getting the satchel, returning to Hansel, who took a bite out of the cupcake, stopping him from eating it entirely. Blind Witch had awoken. Hansel and Gretel suddenly saw that there were many human bones in front of the fireplace, so they ran toward the doors, but they were locked automatically by the witch's magic. As they ran toward the windows, they were closed before they could reach them.

Blind Witch took a big whiff, smiling. "I smell dinner."

Hansel and Gretel looked at each other in fright. Blind Witch smelled the air, smiling, giggling.

ღღ

Now

Storybrooke

Day - Gold's Pawnshop

Though Freya didn't like having to come to her father for help, she walked into his shop, closing the door behind her.

Gold was cleaning an oil lamp, smug because he knew she needed his help. "Freya, or Priscilla, or whichever you prefer in this land. How lovely to see you." He put down the lamp. "I'm flattered for you to take time off your busy schedule for me, between your job as a teacher by school days, and deputy for the rest of your time. What can I do for you?"

Freya put the compass on the table in front of him. "I'm looking for information on this old compass. Any idea where it could've come from, in this land, at least?"

"Oh, what's the matter?" Gold asked. "Your darling formerly adoptive daughter having trouble with seeing the past through memories? Or Lisa must be with Emma and Ella, the Sheriff babysitters, who would not understand a little girl striking matches claiming they help her see visions. Must be hard for you and the children to convince Emma and Ella to believe without them both thinking you're all insane and in need of facilitated treatment." Freya glared at him. Gold smirked. "All right, no more games." He picked up the compass. "Well, well, look at the detail. you know, this is crystal. The jeweled setting. Despite the rather unfortunate shape it's in, his is actually quite an unusual piece." He put the compass down. "The person who owned this obviously had great taste."

"It came from here, in this world, didn't it?" Freya asked.

Gold nodded. "Still as smart as ever. Piece like this is difficult to forget."

"Do you happen to remember who bought it?" Freya asked.

Gold feigned offense. "Oh, you should remember I'm good with names, Cilla."

"Not that good," Freya replied.

Gold chuckled, tilting his head slightly in acknowledgment, walking to another side of the shop. "You do remember. However, as luck would have it, I do keep quite extensive records." He opened a drawer, searching it, taking out a white card. "And, yes, here we are."

Gold held the card up, looking at Freya, waiting without a word.

Freya gave her father a sarcastic look, understanding his silence. "What's your price?"

"Forgiveness," Gold answered.

Freya nodded sarcastically. "For which indiscretion? There have been so many."

"Since I know it will be difficult to forgive multiple lifetimes of wrongdoing, even to you and to Bae, why not start off with my most recent act?" Gold asked.

"Fine, but for the rest, how about tolerance?" Freya asked.

Gold nodded. "Well, that's a start." Freya smirked sarcastically. "The compass was purchased by Mr. Michael Tillman. In the other world, I believe you, Bae and I met him as a woodcutter. When you were really little. But we never learned his name. In this world, all we have is a name. But I generally find that's all one needs." Freya nodded, turning around, walking toward the door. "Good luck with your investigation."

Freya looked back but didn't say anything, walking out, leaving the shop. Gold looked at the card in his hand, revealing that it was blank, no name or anything written on it. He looked up, smiling slightly.

Michael's Automobile Shop

Michael was reading the file about Ava and Nicholas that Emma, Ella and Freya had given to him, giving it back. "Not possible."

"Actually, it is," Emma told him.

"Sorry, but Dory, she wasn't my--my..." Michael trailed off, sighing. "It was just once."

Michael turned back, walking to continue tending to a car.

"Sometimes that's all it takes," Ella pointed out.

"I met her when I was camping," Michael explained. "And we, um... No, it's not possible. I don't have twins."

"Yes," Emma told him. Michael turned to look at them. "You do. You have twins that have been homeless ever since their mother passed away. Your twins have been living in an abandoned house because they don't want to be separated from each other. Your twins are about to be shipped off to Boston unless you stepped up and take responsibility for them."

Michael accidentally hurt his hand while working on the car. "Look, I can barely manage this garage. I can't manage two kids." He walked back to his working table. "Why are you so sure they are mine?"

Ella took out the compass. "Besides the timing? Have you ever seen this?"

Michael walked toward them to take the compass from Ella. "I lost this."

"Let me guess," Ella told him. "12 years and nine months ago." Michael looked up. "I know it's a lot, believe me, I know. A month ago, three kids showed up on my doorstep. Two of them were the kids I gave up for adoption, all three asking for help with something. Emma, my sister, and I ended up moving here for them."

Michael nodded. "I heard about that. The mayor's kids. A girl she's trying to adopt. But staying in town is a lot different from taking them in."

"I've been trying to adopt Lisa for a long time now," Freya told him.

"And I'm trying to take Henry and Rose in, without hurting Regina in the process," Ella agreed.

"Ella and Freya don't have those kids because they don't have a choice," Emma told him. "You do. Your kids did not ask to be brought to this world. You brought them into his world, you and their mother, and they need you."

"If you choose not to take them, you are going to have to answer for that every day of your life," Ella told him. "And sooner or later, when they find you, because believe me, they will find you, you are going to have to answer to them."

Michael paused for a moment to consider. "I'm really sorry, I am." He put the compass back in Ella's hand. "I don't know anything about being a dad. If it's a good home you're looking for, it's not with me."

Michael walked into another room, closing the door. Emma, Ella and Freya exchanged a look, sighing.

Mary Margaret's Loft

Mary Margaret was watching Henry, Rose, Lisa, Ava and Nicholas, seeing them having fun, smiling. She answered her phone. "Hello?"

Emma's voice was on the other line. "Hey, it's me." She was outside. "Ella, Freya and I are outside. We need you to come outside right away."

"Is everything okay?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Don't say anything to the kids, but no, it's not," Emma answered.

Mary Margaret looked toward the kids, who were all smiling.

Street

The four women were walking now.

"He doesn't want the kids," Freya told her.

"And you don't want to tell them," Mary Margaret realized.

"We can't," Freya answered. "Because all we'll be telling them is that false hope we gave them is exactly that."

Mary Margaret sighed. "The truth can be painful, Freya. But it can also be cathartic."

Freya nodded. "I agree on the painful part."

"Hey, you started to tell Henry and Rose the truth about their father," Mary Margaret told them. "Before you guys had to run off for work. To help Ava and Nicholas. And they're handling what you've told them so far great. Especially after Henry, Rose and Lisa each got to help those two."

"I'm actually kinda nervous about finishing that conversation with Rose and Henry," Ella admitted.

"What?" Mary Margaret asked. "Why?"

"That's a long story," Ella told them.

"Maybe we can hide the kids, just until we can find a family for them, someone to take care of them," Emma suggested.

Mary Margaret nodded sarcastically. "Yes. Hiding two 12-year-olds is a good plan."

"You have a better idea?" Freya asked.

Mary Margaret sighed. "Emma. Ella. Freya? Maybe there isn't an idea. Maybe you just have to--"

Regina walked toward them from behind. "Sheriffs, Deputy, shouldn't one of you be on the interstate?"

"What are you doing here?" Ella asked.

"Seeing to it that you do your job," Regina answered.

"You know that you don't need to check up on us," Emma told her. "We know what we have to do."

"Really?" Regina asked. "Because those kids are supposed to be in Boston tonight."

Flashback

Enchanted Forest

Night - Gingerbread House

The Blind Witch locked Hansel and Gretel in metal cage, looking at it, trying to grab one of them between the metal bars. "Where are you?" She touched Hansel's arm. "Oh, yes, nice and tender. Succulent roast you'll make."

Blind Witch walked to the oven, feeling the temperature of it.

Hansel looked at Gretel. "God, she's going to cook me. We gotta do something quick."

"Stay calm," Gretel told him. "When she opens the cage, don't try to fight." Blind Witch walked to a table, cutting some ingredients. "Then you must grab the keys in her pocket and toss them to me through the bars."

Blind Witch put down a knife, walking back to the cage.

Hansel tried not to panic. "She's coming. She's coming. I can't do it. I'm gonna die."

Gretel pushed Hansel out of the way, wanting to replace him.

"Gravy or butter?" the Blind Witch asked. "Which shall it be?" She reached for one, touching Gretel. Gretel stepped on Hansel's foot so that he made a noise, tricking the Blind Witch, causing her to open the gate and pull Gretel out. "Come with me, little boy." Gretel got out of the cage, and the witch locked the gate again. Gretel took the keys from the witch, throwing them to Hansel, who opened the gate, escaping the cage. The witch was tying Gretel's hands up while Hansel went up the stairs to try and find a weapon, finding a cane, but tripped over when he was getting down the stairs. The Blind Witch heard Hansel, turning toward him. 'Gravy or butter, gravy or butter?" She hurled Gretel to the front. "How should I baste you?" Hansel tried to hit the witch with the cane, but she used magic to fling the cane out of his hands. Hansel tried to back away, but was backed into the wall as the witch cornered him. "Butter it is. Time to cook."

The Blind Witch grabbed Hansel as he tried to fight. Gretel untied her hands, pushing the witch onto the try for baking. Hansel and Gretel pushed the tray into the oven, closing the oven door.

"Quick, Gretel, lock her in," Hansel told her.

Gretel did as told.

"Let me out!" the Blind Witch told them. Hansel got back the satchel, and the two siblings escaped from the house. "Let me out! You come back right now! Let me out! Don't leave me here! Let me out!"

Dark Palace

Evil Queen and Vasilisa watched the Blind Witch through the Magic Mirror.

Evil Queen hurled a magic fireball through the mirror into the oven to burn the Blind Witch alive. She looked at Vasilisa, smirking. "I would've gone gravy."

Vasilisa had to look away in disgust, covering her ears so she wouldn't have to hear the Blind Witch scream as she burned to death.

ღღ

Evil Queen's Chambers

Evil Queen and Vasilisa were waiting. Hansel and Gretel arrived with the satchel.

Evil Queen walked closer. "My dear children, were you successful in your task?"

Gretel held up the satchel. "Yes, your majesty. Though we were almost made into dinner."

Vasilisa sighed. "How barbaric."

"Now, if I could have my satchel?" Evil Queen asked. Gretel handed it over. "I've waited for a very long time for this. Let's hope you didn't let me down." She pulled out an apple from the satchel. "Oh, you did it."

"Yeah, they did," Vasilisa agreed.

"You've got strong hearts, children," Evil Queen told them. "You remind me of Vasilisa. And me and my sister Alcina at your age."

"We did all that for an apple?" Hansel asked incredulously.

"Oh, trust me, dear boy, this is not just an apple," Evil Queen told him. "It's a weapon." She walked to her dressing table. "A weapon for a particular and devious enemy. One who still under the delusion that she's safe."

Evil Queen put the apple into a small chest.

"Whatever your plan is, they did what you asked," Vasilisa told her. "Now you have to keep your promise and let me find their father."

Evil Queen walked toward the three children. "Of course, to reunite their family so they can live happily ever after. They were left alone in the woods, Vasilisa. Just as your real mother did to you when you were an infant." Vasilisa looked down. "They deserve better than a father who'd abandon them."

Gretel looked at them sadly. "But he is all we have."

Evil Queen knelt down to look Hansel and Gretel in the eyes. "Perhaps he doesn't have to be."

"What do you mean?" Gretel asked.

"You and your brother have impressed me," Evil Queen told her. "You aren't the first boy or girl that I've sent into that sticky, sweet house, but you are the first to emerge, and as a reward, I've decided to invite the two of you to live with me and Vasilisa here."

"You mean that we get to live in a castle?" Hansel asked.

Evil Queen laughed. "Yes, you would have your own rooms of course, personal carriages, valets, too. All of your dreams could come true."

Gretel shook her head. "No, we want our father back. He would never abandon us." Vasilisa smiled slightly. Evil Queen started to get angry. "And even if he did, we would never want to live with someone as terrible as you, Queen, only with someone as pure as Vasilisa."

"Is that so?" Evil Queen asked.

"Yes," Gretel answered. "We're going to find him, whether or not you let Vasilisa help us, and when we do, we're going to prove you wrong."

"We'll see about that," Evil Queen told them. "Vasilisa."

Vasilisa shook her head worriedly. "Don't make me do this."

Evil Queen twisted her hands around the wand. Vasilisa fought for as long as she could but couldn't overcome the power of the wand that was created to control her, creating white smoke out of thin air that enveloped Hansel and Gretel.

Hansel was terrified. "Gretel, what's happening?"

Now

Storybrooke

Night - Street

Emma, Ella and Freya were standing with Ava and Nicholas by a car. Regina, Henry, Rose and Lisa were watching them.

"Come on," Emma told them. "It's gonna be..."

Freya took out the compass, giving it back to Ava. "Here. I'm sorry."

"We gotta go," Ella told them.

Freya nodded subtly to Lisa, both of them knowing they couldn't let them leave.

Lisa whispered. "Henry. Rose. You know what will happen. If they leave. Help me. Convince them to stay."

Ava and Nicholas got into the car. Emma closed the door.

"Lisa," Regina told her. "Henry. Rose. Let's go."

The kids ignored her, running toward Emma, Ella and Freya.

"No," Rose told them. "You can't take them. They can't leave Storybrooke. They can't. Something bad will happen. You know it."

"We know that something bad has already happened," Henry told them. "And Emma? Ella? We know that you don't completely believe us about everything. But please. You have to believe us about this."

Emma and Ella, even though they wanted to listen to the kids, couldn't with Regina nearby, having to get into the car and drive away. Regina watched them go with a mischievous smile. Freya, Lisa, Henry and Rose watched worriedly, not knowing what could happen.

ღღ

On the Road - Police Cruiser

Emma was driving. Ella was in the passenger seat. They were keeping an eye on Ava and Nicholas in the backseat. The car suddenly became shaky, eventually coming to a stop.

Ella frowned. "You gotta be kidding me."

"What happened?" Ava asked. "What's wrong?"

Ella took out her phone. "Engine stalled."

"Who're you calling?" Ava asked.

Ella sighed. "Help."

Flashback

Enchanted Forest

Day - Dark Palace - Queen's Chambers

Evil Queen was looking at Snow White through the magic mirror. "Now she's cavorting with dwarves? When did that happen?"

A guard walked in. "Your majesty, the prisoner you requested is here."

"Bring him in," Evil Queen told him, clearing the image on the mirror.

The prisoner was brought in, revealing it was the woodcutter.

Vasilisa gave Evil Queen an incredulous look of surprise, but unsurprised at the same time. "Of course you're the one who took him."

Evil Queen smirked.

"I demand to be released," the woodcutter told them. "My children are in that forest that you took me from alone. They could be in great danger."

"Yes, we know all about your children," Vasilisa told him. "That compass you gave sweet little Gretel was beautiful."

"Well, I'm afraid it didn't help her find you though, now, did it?" Evil Queen taunted.

The woodcutter tried to go after Evil Queen, but was held back by a guard. "Tell me where they are!"

"Gone," Evil Queen answered. "I told them you abandoned them, leaving nothing but a compass to find their way, but I didn't bring you here to answer your questions. You're here to answer mine." She walked closer. "I offered your children everything, whatever their hearts desire, and they still chose uncertainty because of their blind faith in you. Vasilisa here, she's resented me and my sister Alcina even though Alcina and I give her the finest clothing and anything else a girl like her would require, and yet she still chooses Priscilla, Jefferson and Grace, the Hatters, over me. Both of you tell me why. Why do you and his children refuse me, Vasilisa?"

"I refuse you because of what you and Alcina have made me done," Vasilisa answered. "Because you and Alcina took me from my family. After you killed my father and my stepmother. The Hatters? Priscilla, Jefferson and Grace? They may not be my blood, but they are my family. And the reason why Hansel and Gretel refused you is the same reason I do. Because of family. And families always find one another."

Evil Queen paused to consider this, looking at the woodcutter. "Release him."

"You're letting me go?" the woodcutter asked.

"You can all be together as a family as soon as you all find one another," Evil Queen told him, smirking smugly.

Vasilisa knew that wasn't going to be likely because of where Evil Queen had made her send Hansel and Gretel, closing her eyes in sadness and despair, because another family had been ripped apart by the Queen just as her own had been.

Infinite Forest

Hansel and Gretel were lying on the ground.

Gretel was first to wake. "Hansel, wake up." She shook his shoulders. "Hansel." They stood. "They let us go."

Hansel looked around nervously. "I'm scared."

Gretel gave him a reassuring look. "Don't be. Everything will be fine."

Gretel held up her compass, smiling, holding Hansel's hand so they could find their way together. The camera zoomed out, revealing they were in a never ending forest where it would be nearly impossible for them to find their father.

Now

Storybrooke

Night - Street

Emma and Ella were waiting outside the car, while Ava and Nicholas stayed in the car.

Ava noticed that the compass' needle moved. "Nicholas, look."

The needle pointed to the back of the car so they turned and looked through the back window, seeing a car approaching. The car stopped.

Michael got out, looking at Emma and Ella. "Those are them?"

"Those are them," Ella answered.

"And the car?" Michael asked. "It's fine?"

Emma nodded. "We just wanted you to see them, just once. Ella gave up Henry and Rose because she literally couldn't do it, and to give them their best chance, and I know that because I was there. And when we saw that they didn't have it, we couldn't leave."

"I was just as scared, more, probably," Ella told him. "But once I saw them, got to know them, I couldn't go back."

Michael walked near the car to his children. "You're taking them to Boston?"

"We don't have to," Ella answered.

Michael looked at his children, who were looking at him. "No, you don't have to."

Michael got to the car. Ava lowered the window. Emma and Ella smiled with joy.

Street

Jefferson and Freya were walking.

"Priscilla, what happened?" Jefferson asked.

"Their dad," Freya answered. "He showed up, changed his mind."

"Changed his mind?" Jefferson repeated. "Just like that?"

Freya smirked. "It might had a little nudge."

Jefferson chuckled. "They found their father. That's great, Freya."

"A decent father," Freya agreed, looking down.

Jefferson looked at her knowingly. "I know you can't forgive your father. Not like he wanted you to. Maybe for somethings. But not for everything. Listen. Freya." When she didn't look at him, Jefferson smirked and called her by her real name. "Priscilla." Freya looked at him, managing a small smile. "He was trying to help. Even though he found a way to use us again. All over again. I know you don't want to give up on him. Not completely, anyway. And I know what you're gonna say. 'How do you know that I don't wanna give up on him?'" Freya smiled at the fact he knew her so well. "And my answer? Easy. If you did want to give up on him... And I mean really give up on him. You wouldn't have gone to him for help today."

Freya sighed. "Maybe. I kinda think giving up might be the best plan. I think I need to let go, Jefferson."

"No, you don't," Jefferson told her.

"Really?" Freya asked. "If my father didn't want me to give up on him, he wouldn't make it so hard to look past everything he's ever done to everyone, Jefferson, and to both of us."

"Maybe," Jefferson agreed. "Well, more than likely. Probably. Most definitely." Freya chuckled at his way of cheering her up. "I know you can't forgive him for everything Freya. And I'm not asking you to. Because I can't even forgive him for everything. I just don't want you to continue beating yourself up for never being able to turn your back on him. For never giving up on him. No matter all the horrible things he's done. You and I both have a dark past too, Freya. And that's mostly because of him. But you still care about him because he's your father. I'm not blaming you for that. You shouldn't blame yourself, Priscilla. I still love you for everything about you. And this is part of that."

Freya smiled, turning to face him. "Jefferson? Why do you always know exactly what to say?"

Jefferson smirked, shaking his head. "I have no idea. But you know what to say when I used to have those episodes. The reason why they call me Mad Hatter. But you helped cast a spell that made most of the madness go away. You saved me, Freya. After we were already together, if I have to remind you." Freya smiled. "So I'll be paying you back just for that for the rest of my life. This is part of it. You loved me for Jefferson. You loved me for Mad Hatter. I love you for Freya. And I love you for Priscilla."

Freya took his hands, smiling happily, content, leaning her head against his to gaze into his eyes. "I love you for everything about you, Jefferson."

Freya and Jefferson managed small smiles, nodding, kissing slowly and softly, passionately. Jefferson held his arms around her, while Freya wrapped her arms around his neck as they continued to kiss.

Lisa ran closer to them from down the street. "Freya! Jefferson!"

They looked at her in surprise, but happy to see her, especially Jefferson since he barely got to see her. Lisa ran into his waiting arms so the two could embrace.

"Lisa, what are you doing here?" Jefferson asked.

"I snuck away from Regina," Lisa answered. "Henry and Rose are with Emma and Ella. I wanted to see you. Both of you. I hardly get to see you, Jefferson. Because of Regina. I'm only able to see Freya so much because she's a teacher. And now a deputy."

Jefferson chuckled lightly. "And you snuck away so you could see me. Thank you, Lisa."

Lisa nodded. "Ever since what happened to my real family... you're the closest thing I've ever had to a father." Jefferson smiled a small smile. Lisa and Jefferson embraced once again. Freya watched with a small smile and tears in her eyes, until they pulled away. "And Grace is the only sister I've had. I haven't been able to see her or talk to her except for at school. But of course Regina 'banned me' from seeing Grace at school because she says she's bad news. And she has teachers at school making sure that I can't see her. She's also making sure those teachers make sure that Freya can't talk to her and that Grace is not in her class."

Freya and Jefferson looked at her sadly, but knowing that Regina had done this, kneeling in front of Lisa so they could look each other in the eyes.

"Well, somehow, someway, we're still gonna help you break the Curse, Lisa, and then we're gonna have both you and Grace back," Jefferson told her. "It's been too long of a wait to not to."

"Way too long," Lisa agreed. "But in order to break the Curse, we have to get Emma and Ella to believe. And I've got to get by wand back."

"Yes, we do," Freya agreed.

Jefferson nodded. "My happy ending, Freya's, is us together. And getting our flesh and blood daughter Grace back. And taking our adoptive daughter Lisa back. Freya and I are not giving up on that. I wish I could see you more, Lisa. And I wish you, Freya and I could speak to Grace at all. But everything around us is making that impossible."

Freya nodded in agreement. "But we'll figure it out because that's what we do."

Lisa was reassured, nodding. She, Freya and Jefferson managed small smiles. Lisa wrapped her arms around both of them. Freya and Jefferson smiled more convincingly, returning the embrace.

Street

Emma and Ella were going news cuts about them as Young Emma (one years old) and Baby Ella (newborn). Henry and Rose walked closer, holding a white box.

"What's that?" Henry asked.

"Just an old file," Emma answered. "What's up?"

"Pumpkin pie," Rose answered. "We thought you'd like some."

Emma and Ella smiled.

"It was pumpkin, right?" Henry asked.

"Right," Emma answered.

Henry and Rose walked closer with the pie.

"So, Lisa went to see Freya," Henry explained. "She had to sneak away from our mom to do it. But Freya's with Jefferson. So Lisa's going to see them both."

"I think it's worth it," Rose told them. "I mean, me and Henry? We love our mom. But we don't trust her."

"And our mom loves us," Henry went on. "Obviously. But Lisa? Our mom doesn't love her. And Lisa doesn't love her. Or trust her."

"So if Lisa can be happy with a family like Freya and Jefferson?" Rose asked. "I hope they can be."

Emma and Ella smiled slightly at that.

"That's really sweet, Rose," Ella told her. "Henry? Rose? About your father..."

"You don't have to tell us right away," Rose assured. "We can tell it's hard for you. It's kind of hard for us, too."

"We really wanna know something," Henry admitted. "But you did tell us something. So for now, I guess we're okay."

Rose smiled. "Yeah. For now. I mean... I can't promise that we're not gonna ask. You know, later. Like in the future."

"Today?" Henry asked. "You told us only a little bit about him. But that's more than we've ever heard about him. It was something."

Emma took some pie. "Give me that."

"Yeah," Ella agreed. "Me too."

The four of them hugged, starting to eat.

"What you did?" Rose asked. "With Ava and Nicholas? You really are changing things."

They smiled. Some sounds of a motorbike could be heard and a stranger named August on a motorcycle arrived, pulling over as he pulled up next to them.

August took off his helmet, getting off the bike, walking over to them. "Hi."

"Hi," Rose told him.

"Is this Storybrooke?" August asked.

"Yeah," Ella answered.

"Any place to get a room around here?" August asked.

"Uh, you're staying?" Henry asked.

"That's the plan," August answered. "I'm just looking for a bed."

"Granny's Bed and Breakfast is just off the road," Emma explained. "Another two blocks."

August smiled slightly. "Thank you."

August walked toward his bike.

"Hey," Emma told him. "We didn't catch your name."

"That's 'cause I didn't give it," August told them, getting on the bike, driving off.

Ella frowned. "Wait. I thought you and Lisa said strangers don't come to Storybrooke."

Rose shook her head. "They don't."

They watched as August drove his bike down the street.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36K 1.4K 46
Emma and Elaine Swan grew up together in the foster system with their 'adopted' sister Katy Swan, they have always been together, they are each other...
56.6K 1.2K 16
What if Snow White and Prince Charming had twin girls? Emma and Brooklyn Swan grew up in the foster care system but were separated very young, Brook...
28.2K 1K 21
Vanessa has finally been reunited with her love, daughter and now grandson, but is still not on good terms with her mother. Mr Gold, however, is out...
146K 5.1K 27
It's been about two years since Emma Swan broke the Evil Queen's Dark Curse. Everyone in Storybrooke has been transported back to the Enchanted Fores...