The House Keeper

Von LJMay03

Montana Kelly had no where to go. She needed a job, a place to live. Oliver Black was the billionaire that ne... Mehr

1.
2.
3
Note
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
New Book!
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
32
33
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41
42
43
Epilogue
Authors Note
New Story!

31.

43.2K 1.9K 56
Von LJMay03

Oliver's P.O.V

I watched as Cody dragged poor Monty around with him. I saw her rush with him as we looked at the animals.

The only thing he wanted to do was all five of us go to a zoo. So here we are, hundreds of miles away from home.

But I wouldn't deny the kid anything.

I purchased tickets to fly up for the day after his birthday as we had a little party for him at home.

Cody wasn't impressed by the hotel room, but it was a last minute booking as we dumped our bags off there and left for here.

"Oh look Monty!" Cody yelled to her in his excitement.

"Cody is really taken by Monty." I heard my mother as she walked beside me.

Like you wouldn't believe. "Yeah. He loves playing with her. Monty seems to be the only one that can get him to do stuff."

Mum giggled. "He had a tantrum the other day with Mrs Darcy."

I closed my eyes and rolled them.

"Don't roll your eyes." Mum snapped. "Now his tantrum was over her not being fun." I looked over at my mother as she fixed up her sun hat.

"Mrs Darcy wasn't hired for fun." I reminded her.

"But the small time Cody has had with you, he is, smarter, more open and inquisitive then he ever has been back home."

I watched Cody as he and Monty pressed up against the glass of a snake tank. "So you're saying that my original method of a strict nanny was a bust."

"Exactly!" Mum turned to Cody and smiled. "I see it!"

I thought as much. I had a suspicion of the case.

"Besides, Oliver, look how happy he is. Monty is doing a marvellous job. Where did you find here?"

I frowned at my father. "Monty was originally hired as the housekeeper."

"So she has no previous experience with children?" My mother gasped as we sat on a bench in an open exhibition.

"No. Not professionally."

"Wait Cody!" Monty cried out as he ran past us. I guess he already finished in this section. We all stood up to follow the running boy with Monty in tow.

"So, son," Mum buttered me up as she wrapped an arm through mine. This can't be good. "What's been happening?"

"Just work really."

"Are you still seeing that lady? What's her name, the one from that magazine?"

Oh God that was nearly two years ago. "No mum. I'm not seeing anyone."

"You are seeing some one." She teased at me.

I grimaced. "No I'm not."

"Well, I am." She stated as I turned to her in shock.

"Mum!"

"What? I am seeing you."

Oh, this is one of her confusing lectures that she reckons she doesn't make.

"Just like I see the way you look at your nanny."

"What?"

"I see how you look at her. I've watched you all day with those little smiles. They disappear quickly, like you've realised you are smiling at her."

"I'm smiling at Cody."

"If you want to believe that."

"I am! Look how happy he is. As long as he is happy, I'm happy."

"So Cody told me that Monty is getting married. That's the reason he came home, wasn't it? How is he going to react when she leaves?"

"Yes mum. He went home because even Monty couldn't control that tantrum. He wasn't impressed at all. He doesn't like the idea of Monty leaving. He has imprinted himself on to her."

"So when Monty leaves, am I expect Cody back home again?"

"She isn't leaving."

My mother hummed. "You sound a bit too happy on that. Why isn't she?"

"Because, mum the detective. Monty isn't marrying that idiot." I growled.

"That's wonderful news." Mum beamed. "Did I hear a hint of jealousy?"

I turned to her. "Uh, don't."

She looked up at me and smiled broadly.

"No, mum! Don't." I warned her. "Don't go reading in to this. Don't think there is something there, because there isn't."

"We'll see."

"Mum," I growled at her. "Don't try anything."

She just raised her eyebrows as she stared ahead, smiling.

"Dad!"

"Corine." I heard dad warn her. I inwardly smiled. After thirty years of marriage, my parents were still in love as dad dragged mum to him and held her hand. "Don't hound the boy."

"I'm not. I'm just curious." I knew that tone. She was smiling. I didn't have to look at her to know.

"Oliver!" Monty called from where they were standing. I looked through the crowd as Monty and Cody leaned against a fence, looking down at something.

"Look Uncle Ollie. Tiger!" Cody pointed out. But he was just about to run off again when Monty took a firm grip on his hand.

"Wait. We have all day." She said softly as they walked slowly to the next attraction.

Mum watched the two in fascination.

"I don't know how she does it, but she is good for that boy." She mumbled.

I had to agree with her. Cody is a wild and free spirit, more than the average three, well four year old. He didn't find out that I forgot about his birthday but I felt highly guilty, hence why I automatically agreed to do this.

I sped up my pace from my parents to meet up with Monty and Cody.

"How are you doing with Cody dragging you everywhere?" I teased her.

"A bit sore to be honest. My back feels cramped. But I'll be fine. A hot, undisturbed bath should do the trick."

I saw the sly smirk on her face as Monty dug at me.

Fair enough, I deserved that.

"I promise you, I won't interrupt you this time."

"Look Uncle Ollie! What are they?"

I saw where Cody pointed to. "That's a giraffe."

I heard Cody try to say the word and chuckled at him.

"Come here buddy, take my hand for a while." I gave Cody my hand after I saw Monty wince in pain and rubbed a part of her back.

Cody immediately listened, but was ready to run again.

"We need one of those toddler leashes." Monty joked as she turned me to a vending machine.

I watched as she place a note in and took out a water, taking a sip before giving it to Cody.

"I'm hungry!" Cody demanded.

Of course.

We sat at an available table and each ordered food.

Cody took all of Monty's attention with an occasional question for me or his grandparents and Monty listened with intent.

I sat behind everyone, a Pepsi in my hands as I watched them all. Mum and dad talked to me as I listened and answered, but I was watching Cody and Monty.

They shared their food and played little hand games. I didn't realise I was smiling and finished my lunch.

"How many animals are left?" Cody asked me as he showed me the parks bucket list. I ticked off the ones he saw and looked at what was left.

"We have the crocodiles, the penguin enclosure and the aviary left."

"Come on!" Cody jumped in excitement. "Let's go!"

"Cody, nan and pop are going to stay here and rest. You go ahead with Uncle Ollie and Monty." Mum called.

I frowned at her as I saw the facial expressions switch back and forwards between mum and dad.

Mum flashed me a smile and offered for me to go on and I took Cody's hand and we walked with Monty.

The bird enclosure was last and we had a bit off a walk to it. The path led to a dead end and I allowed Cody to run ahead.

Monty slipped her arm through mine as I looked at her in surprise.

"Don't get too comfortable." She mumbled to me. "I'm only using you for support."

I smirked at her with an arched brow and shook my head playfully.

"Cody seems to love this." Monty spoke after a quiet minute.

"I'm glad." I watched as he ran with his tiny legs.

"At least he will sleep well tonight."

"Hopefully."

"So you have seemed to calm down from your initial shock of your parents turning up the other day."

We haven't really spoken since then. Monty has been avoiding me at all cost. "Yeah, well, they don't tell me when they visit, they just turn up."

"Expecting to catch you with some one?" Monty grinned at me.

"Yes, actually. That is mums plan." I looked straight ahead as we got nearer to the gate.

"I'm sure she is just looking out for you."

"Try matchmaking." I grumbled.

New update just for you!

I hope you enjoy it!

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

723K 28.3K 42
Emery needed a job she was only a few days away from losing her apartment... Silas needed a maid-a live in one. Someone to clean and cook for him... ...
4.8M 190K 41
Nicholas Davenport needs a housekeeper. With a multi-billion empire to run and two overactive children, widower Nick needs all the help he can get. W...
3.8K 187 14
Amanda Collin a college student is looking for a job to pay her college fees, one unfortunate incident with an arrogant man makes her indebted to him...
38.8K 1.4K 13
Having gone through the worst life a teenager should ever face , Josh finds himself being the nanny for 2 year old a billionaire, never ever thinking...