Quake Protocol ~ AoS Avengers...

By RyuuLu

It has been six months since Skye had walked out from the BUS in Hong Kong, leaven three out of four members... More

The Start
The letter
The rescue
The tale of Daisy Johnson
Agent Johnson
The deal
The last minute save
Back at 616
The Files
Sparing and the call
Why she's here
Asgardian Symbols
A monster
Beserker Staff
The pick up
Visit from Asgard
Truth or dare Avengers style
The 1412
What's left unsaid
What's hidden within the protocols
Annoying calls and orders
Eye to eye
Late midnight mystery tea
What's hidden under the mask
Head in a jar
The HUB
A rookie and a plan
Mission Overkill
A message from home
Two different missions
To save a Mockingbird
To the tower
Heavy Rain
Late night talk
The second to know
Old friend
Christmas morning
Christmas evening
Family time
At the end of the year
A new year, new possibilities
The hunt begins
Live feed
H.E.N.R.Y
The May family
It's a trap
A challenge for the three
From when everything started
Who is the real leader
Not according to plan
Getting him back
The decision
Tracker activated
Quake Protocol
The two teams
Reasons why
Knock Knock
Run away agent
What went down
End of the begining
Epilogue

A way to find him

2.2K 68 3
By RyuuLu

Daisy/Skye POV

36 hours. It has been 36 hours and I still haven't managed to find a single lead as to where Coulson could have been taken. The moment we got back to the BUS I found myself in my bunk, the door locked and both my computer and tablet laying in front of me on the bed.

Leaning back towards the wall, I took a deep breath as I closed my eyes. For the last 36 hours I had been trying hack into any system that would lead me to Centipide, using all of my connection both within S.H.I.E.L.D and outside, only to end up empty handed. I had even used all of Tony's connections, only to end up empty handed even there.

It looked like Fury had managed to find a way to minimize my hacking, something he had told me he would do some time ago. Letting out a frustrated sigh, I opened my eyes once more. "Dam you Fury!" I said in a low voice as I let my head fall forward. I trying to block out the sounds from outside my bunk I soon gave up.

"Well then, if I can't hack my way then, it doesn't mean others can." I told myself, looking up at the computer once more and started to smile. Quickly putting away my computer, tablet and other important things I had in my bunk at a secured place I got up and pulled open my wardrobe.

Pulling out one of the leather jackets I put it on in one swift movement. Looking down at the bottom of the wardrobe, I bowed down and picked up the gun Fitz had made for me. Hiding it in an inside pocket in the leather jacket, closing the wardrobe once more I walked over to my door. Listen to make sure no one was outside, I carefully opened the door.

Stepping outside, I closed the door without making any sound before heading for the stairs. Walking slowly and quietly I managed to walk down to the hanger without being seen or heard. Walking passed one of Hands agents I could see how he was leaning in towards Lola and I could not help but to narrow my eyes.

Quickly deactivating the mask, my eyes landing on the agent. "Don't touch Lola!" I told him, the warning tone in my voice made the agent jump back. I simply walked passed him, feeling how the fresh air hit me once I stepped out of the BUS. Stopping outside, I turned my head around to look back. Memories from last time I did this was rushing through my mind.

Closing my eyes and taking another deep breath I turned my head away from the BUS once more. Pushing the memories to the back of my mind once again, I started to walk. This time was different, this time I was ready for them this time they did the biggest mistake possible.

-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-

Leaning towards the building, I was scanning everyone walking in and out of it. Seeing the silver SUV drive up to the building I could not help but to smile when I saw who it was driving it. "Well hello Llyod. Just the sort of person I need!" I said in a low voice to myself. Pulling out my phone I started to head for the car.

"No, sweetie, listen to me. It was a private jet. Of course, there was wi-fi. He should've at least texted you back." I said into the phone, quickly entering the car before anyone had a chance to react. Starting up the car once more, I dove off. "I hope you will be proud over me for this Stark." I mumble to myself before taking a deep breath.

Speeding up, I crashed the car in to the middle branch. "Roadside assistance. We see you've had an accident." A woman's voice suddenly asked, and I could not help but to smile a little. "Yeah. Can you send somebody to tow me back to my house?" I asked, leaning my head back. "Of course. I'll dispatch someone right away. Are you okay?" The woman asked, closing my eyes I nod my head even if it wasn't needed. "Yeah. I'm good." I answered her.

20 minutes later the tow truck showed up and within another 30 minutes I found myself at Lloyd's house. "So, you sure you don't want me to take it to the dealer?" The driver asked, his eyes on the car. "No, thanks. I got a guy." I answered him. "All right." The driver answered, turning around and headed for his son truck. "Thank you." I called after him before I turned around and looked at the other cars.

Rolling my eyes, I headed for the front door, smiling when I saw that it was a simple code lock on the door I got to work.

Once the door opened for me I started to smile, walking to close the door behind me, locking it once more. Turning around, I took in the house to find everything I had been thought by Natasha. Heading for his office, I walked over to the phone and called up who I hopped was the assistant. "Lloyd Rathman's office." A woman answered a few minutes later. "This is the L.A.P.D. I need to speak with Mr. Rathman." I started to say, my eyes lading on a photo that was standing on his desk. Bowing down a little I took up the photo.

"We've recovered a stolen vehicle registered in his name." I then added, looking at the picture of Lloyd and his son in the picture. "Oh. Was it damaged?" The woman on the other end of the line asked. "Yes, ma'am. We have two officers waiting at his home, ready to take a statement." I told the woman, putting down the photo once more at the same place. "How long do you think it'll take Mr. Rathman to get here?" I then asked only to get a vague answer back.

Ending the call, I leaned back towards one of the walls, going over everything I had to do once Lloyd got here. Putting my hands in the pockets of the leather jacket I could feel something cold hitting my fingers. Taking hold of it I smiled big as I looked down on the sunglasses, the exact copy of the once I had gotten May for Christmas. Putting them on I waited, something that I really didn't want to do in a moment like this.

After waiting for 40 minutes I was about to call to see where exactly Lloyd was when I heard a car park outside. Smiling, I took a step away from the wall I was leaning towards and headed for the door leading in to the office. "You're in a lot of trouble, Mr Rathman." I said once I heard Lloyd close the door behind him, taking a step out into the hallway. "Who the hell are you?" Lloyd asked when he turns around to see me. "Agent Melinda May with S.H.I.E.L.D." I told him, holding my head up high as I spoke. "Look, clearly there's been a misunderstanding." Lloyd started to say as he holds up his hands.

"I'm a legitimate businessman." He then added, and I could not help but to roll my eyes under the sunglasses. "S.H.I.E.L.D has evidence your company has been siphoning funds into an offshore account for some very bad people." I told him, using the tone that resembles the one May often used. "My clients' business is their business." Lloyd explained. "Well, my business is catching those guys, and if it turns out you've made a profit from just one of them, S.H.I.E.L.D is prepared to freeze all of your assets." I told him, crossing my arms. "I'm calling my lawyer." Lloyd started to say as he took out his phone.

"Do that and my offer's off the table." I told him, taking of the sunglasses and put them in my back pocket. "What offer is that?" Lloyd asked, and I could see this had catch his interest as he put down his phone once more. "Immunity... you walk... free and clear." I started to explain. "S.H.I.E.L.D doesn't touch a single asset. Not even your party boat in Key Largo." I then added. "And if I say no?" Lloyd asked, a bit carefully. "You spend the next five years in the fridge." I told him, and I could not help but to smile a little at that.

"The fridge?" Lloyd asked, lifting one eyebrow up at that. "It's worse than it sounds." I told him, keeping my voice cryptic as I spoke. "All right, what do you want?" He asked, putting away his phone once more. "Follow me to your office. We have some work to do." I told him, turning around and walked into the room once more, I could hear how he followed after me. "Sit down." I told him, nodding towards his chair. Lloyd sat down and looked at the computer screen in front of him. "What is this?" he asked, turning his head back to look at me once more.

"I just need you to type in your private corporate I.D to get me in the door." I answered him as if it was obvious what we were doing. "Yeah, well, letting you in that door is a crime." Lloyd answered me before one of his eyebrows rose up once more. "Come to think of it, how do I know you're not just some criminal? In my experience, a federal agent shows a badge." He then added, and I rolled my eyes. "You want to see my badge." I pointed out and Lloyd nodded his head.

Taking hold of one of the phones that was laying on his desk I quickly added in a number before putting the phone to my ear. "S.H.I.E.L.D protocol six alpha victor." I said in to the phone and once I heard a small sound from the other end I took the phone from my ear and shows the screen to Lloyd, who's eyes grow big. "Great. Just got my high score in Tiny Wings." He said once he saw the S.H.I.E.L.D logo taking up the whole screen.

"S.H.I.E.L.D's been watching you for quite some time, Mr Rathman. You're a prime exploit... the gambling, the divorces, the money pit in the Caymans You're even behind on your child-support payments." I told him, walking around his desk I walked to stand right in front of it once more. "Ugh, that's a clerical thing. My ex knows that." Lloyd commented, it being clear that he was not really happy over talking about this.

"But does David know that?" I asked him, lifting one eyebrow at the question. "David thinks I'm a cool dad." Lloyd pointed out. "David thinks you're a jackass. You got to fix that, Lloyd. Kids need someone they can look up to." I told him, pushing away memories of my own family, this was not a moment to think of them. I had to keep only one thing in mind, I could not afford to get distracted. "Now.. Start typing." I told him, taking a quick step to the side before turning around. Hand reaching out and grabbing hold of the hand that was holding a gun that was being pointed towards me.

Putting pressure on one of the nerves in the arm, the PD officer lets out a small sound of pain as he droops the gun and goes down to the floor himself to. Pulling his arm to the side I pulled out my own gun with the other hand and pointed the gun towards the other officer that was walking towards the room. "Okay, I-I'm typing, I'm typing." I could hear Lloyd say, the fear in his voice was clear and I could not help but to smile at that. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 65 12
Pursued by the real SHIELD, Fitz turns to Ward for help. After an explanatory conversation, Fitz changes his point of view. This book won't include t...
41.7K 849 20
After Skye is shot by Quinn, Fury forces Skye to take nine months off before she goes on another mission. Only, there's a twist. Her nine month break...
533 22 9
Andrea Hill, the daughter of the Deputy Director of S.H.I.E.L.D., Maria Hill, is chosen by Agent Coulson to be on his team to help investigate 0-8-4s...
4.1K 110 22
After the end of the war with Inhumans, Asya Anatolievna has been given a new task--find the new Inhumans that have been cropping up and recruit them...