Evil-Natured Husband, Don't T...

Oleh holibelle

"Is this man not going to divorce me? Why does he still ask me to warm the bed every night?" A certain man sa... Lebih Banyak

1 - 5
6 - 10
11 - 15
16 - 20
21 - 25
31 - 35
36 - 40
41 - 45
46 - 50
51 - 55
56 - 60
61 - 65
66 - 70
71 - 75
76 - 80
81 - 85
86 - 90
91 - 95
96 - 100
101 - 105
106 - 110
111 - 115
116 - 120
121 - 125
126 - 130
131 - 135
136 - 140
141 - 145
146 - 150
151 - 155
156 - 160
161 - 165
166 - 170
171 - 175
176 - 180
181 - 185
186 - 190
191 -195
196 - 200
201 - 205
206 - 210
211 - 215
216 - 220
221 - 225
226 - 230
231 - 235
236 - 240
241 - 245
246 - 250
251 - 255
256 - 260
261 - 265
266 - 270
271 - 275
276 - 280
281 - 285
286 - 290
291 - 295
296 - 300
301 - 305
306 - 310
311 - 315
316 - 320
321 - 325
326 - 330
331 - 335

26 - 30

14.1K 295 18
Oleh holibelle

Chapter 26: Perfectly Enhances Her Beautiful Body

"Gu Yanhao, what are you doing!" seeing his action, Song Wuyou glared at him furiously.

Gu Yanhao scoffed with indifference, "You want to submit a kindergarten's doodles as a fashion design sketch?"

"So what if it looks like a kindergarten's doodles? Did you forgot you were once in kindergarten too." Song Wuyou retorted despondently.

She was not angry about the sketch, but Gu Yanhao's overbearing attitude that paid no regards to other people's' feelings, heartlessly stomping his foot on others' hard work and effort, doesn't sit well with her.

"There's nothing wrong with a kindergarten's doodles. However, for a person at your age to be presenting such a level of work is simply too embarrassing." Gu Yanhao's voice was filled with disdain.

"I have no reputation to worry about since it's already been damaged, adding childish on top of it is insignificant in the least. Moreover, whether I am childish or wayward is none of your business."

"Relying on this level of ability you wanted to work in Gu Group? Keep on dreaming."

To prove herself, Song Wuyou burned the midnight oil and finally succeeded on sketching out the dress she had been imagining.

She was extremely satisfied with the design sketch and initially wanted to show it to Gu Yanhao. But when she recalled last night's exchange, Song Wuyou hesitated.

In his eyes, she was nothing. Even if she thought her design was good enough, it does not necessarily mean that he thought so too.

In the end, he might just rain her with a flurry of insults and sarcasm.

Since the competition's regulations allowed individual entries without any company's backing, Song Wuyou was determined to participate individually.

Instead of proving herself to Gu Yanhao, proving herself before the public eye was a much better option. She was not as useless as everyone thought!

She stored the final design sketch safely inside the drawer. Song Wuyou then went to wash her face and changed into a dress she bought the other day before going downstairs.

Normally, by this hour, Gu Yanhao already left the villa. Today, why hasn't he gone out yet?

Song Wuyou's hand slid across the staircases' handrail, coming down the stairs step by step. Both her eyes nonchalantly swept over the man sitting leisurely on the sofa.

That man's long and slender leg dangled over his other thigh, reading a magazine in a lazy demeanor.

His personal bodyguard, Ah De, was standing right behind him circumspectly.

Even while sitting like this, that man still exuded the aura of a natural monarch.

Song Wuyou stared skeptically at the man below, could he be the reincarnation of that fickle man? Otherwise, how could they look so alike?

As if detecting her gaze, Gu Yanhao raised his head.

When her gaze collided with his abysmal and sharp one, Song Wuyou was dumbstruck for a period of time before looking swiftly away.

Gu Yanhao looked at her unflinchingly. Those beautiful eyebrows of him rose up.

The light blue dress she was wearing complimented her skin tone exquisitely. The wide flare skirt seemed so soft and flowy like the gentle swaying willows dancing in the light breeze. Nipped at her slender waist but it did not appear too tight, it perfectly enhance all of her curves. Such a simple dress yet on her, it gave her a distinctive look like nothing else.

A flicker of appreciation rippled in Gu Yanhao's eyes that even he failed to realize. His sharp gaze pierced Song Wuyou's thighs like thorns.

The way she walked was elegant and refined.

Involuntarily, an image flashed in his mind: She was wearing one of Song Jiuyue's retro design dresses with a piece of gold hairpin in her hair, walking down the stage in elegant steps...

Seeing him lost in his thought while his eyes were fully on her, she rolled her eyes and headed straight towards the dining hall.

"Go bid down this 'Bounding Passion' hairpin." Gu Yanhao came back to his senses, retracting his gaze, he passed the magazine in his hands to Ah De.

'Bounding Passion?'

Hearing this name, Song Wuyou suddenly froze.

She turned around abruptly, staring at the magazine in Ah De's hand. Seeing Ah De was about to keep it away, she anxiously said, "Can you let me have a look at it?"

Chapter 27: Once Belonged to Imperial Consort Song of X Dynasty

Ah De glanced in Gu Yanhao's direction, silently seeking permission.

Gu Yanhao waved his hand lightly, "Let her have a look."

In fact, that was not a magazine but an auction catalog for an auction event that would be held next week at the Century Edifice.

Gu Yanhao as the M City's youngest wealthy man, the organizers had made it a point to hand-deliver the auction catalog for Gu Yanhao's perusal, in case there were some items within the antiques that caught his interest.

It was stated that fifty percent of the bidding price would be donated to charities, such as orphanages and unprivileged families. In other words, this event was a charity auction. The auction items were all certified to be exceptional antiques by experts.

It did not matter if Song Wuyou looked at the catalog, with her pig brain, she certainly has no genetics for art appreciation. Worse of all, even if she knew how to appreciate finer things, she has no money to bid for anything.

Getting Gu Yanhao's permission, Ah De handed over the auction catalog to Song Wuyou.

Song Wuyou's actions were swift. Looking at that page, her entire being blanked instantly. Her eyes were glued to a particular picture of an auction item, a hairpin. A hairpin that she was so familiar with!

This was her 'Bounding Passion' hairpin. The very first adornment that heartless man had given her was this hairpin. After an elapsed of a thousand years, it revealed itself again in this century, becoming some antique in an auction?

A storm raged in Song Wuyou's jarred eyes.

She had died with this hairpin nestled in her hair, now that she was reborn, it seems like fate had brought them together...

Seeing something that originally belonged to her from that era being auctioned, Song Wuyou could hardly suppress the excitement in her heart.

The hands holding the catalog trembled slightly, but she was still reluctant to let it go; instead, she just held onto it with great force, creasing the pages in the process. Her soft pinkish hand turned white due to the strength she exerted.

Coincidentally, Gu Yanhao looked up at this very moment. From his angle, he easily noticed the emotions brewing in her eyes and face. His eyebrow rose in doubt; why is she so excited to see this hairpin?

Waves of various mixed emotions were swirling in those eyes of hers. Her lips pressed tightly into a thin line as if she was controlling herself...

"Have you seen enough?" Gu Yanhao's thin lips moved, the tone of voice was cold as ever.

His cold remark cuts like a sharp-edged sword, slashing across Song Wuyou's heart. Her heart ached. Composing herself, Song Wuyou turned around to face Gu Yanhao, "You want to bid this down?"

The starting bid price printed was on it is three million...

"You like it?" Gu Yanhao teased with a trace of indignity.

Seeing the scorn on his face, even without asking, Song Wuyou already knew the workings of his mind. "Is there any other pictures?" Song Wuyou answered his query with a question of her own.

This picture showed a hairpin that looked similar to her 'Bounding Passion' but Song Wuyou could not be sure that this was hers.

After all, technology had bloomed like mushroom and it advances just as fast in this century. It was not hard to produce an imitation nowadays.

This hairpin had a fine workmanship and was very delicate, even if it was not an antique it was still worth three million.

"If you want to see the real thing, just pay a visit to the auction venue next week." Gu Yanhao's long arm stretched out and snatched the catalog back from her hands.

He gave a cursory glance at the picture of the hairpin. A faint smile emerged on his face, "This hairpin is very exquisite, but you are not qualified to own it." Gu Yanhao raised his head, looking at Song Wuyou under his nose, he asked, "Do you know its origin?"

Song Wuyou's body quivered a little upon hearing this, she wistfully looked at Gu Yanhao: "Do you know?"

"It was left behind by Imperial Consort Song of X Dynasty."

Song Wuyou felt like her heart was being stabbed mercilessly by a sharp object.

Chapter 28: We Slept Together and I Even Carried Your Child

Gu Yanhao's mouth curved up. His eyes unhurriedly observed Song Wuyou.

"Tell me, do you think you deserve to own something that once belonged to an Imperial Consort?"

'It's mine in the first place!' Song Wuyou clenched her fists. Looking at the mocking smile on Gu Yanhao's face, she had a strong impulse to swing a punch across that smug face of his till he flies off.

Swallowing her indignant anger, Song Wuyou changed her tone, "If me as your wife is not worthy of owning this, then please enlighten me, in the entire M City, who is more distinguished than me and who deserve to wear this hairpin?"

"Your identity's in name only."

"Says who? We slept together and I even carried your child before."

Originally, Gu Yanhao was in a good mood, but the moment Song Wuyou brought this specific matter up, his face evidently became gloomy like a brewing thunderstorm.

"You are the most despicable and shameless woman I've ever met!" his patience snapped.

"A woman who slept with her own husband and got pregnant with his child is called despicable and shameless? You know what? Women who target men that already has a wife and a child and is leeching onto them are what's called shameless and despicable." Song Wuyou stared sharply back at Gu Yanhao, "Gu Yanhao, you wanted to bid down this hairpin as a gift for Song Jiuyue. A married man thinking of another woman, what makes you think you are better than me?"

After she finished saying this, Song Wuyou turned around abruptly and left in the direction of the dining hall.

Out of Gu Yanhao's field of vision, Song Wuyou's eyes dulled involuntarily.

'Get over it! It is just a hairpin that heartless man had given her. It did not matter whether she had it or not.'

Gu Yanhao's body slanted a little to the side, watching Song Wuyou left with a pensive expression as if contemplating something...

Today, a charity auction was being held on the ground floor of the Century Edifice.

The organizing parties, honored guests, owners, and the auctioneers had already arrived.

Although Song Wuyou was infamous in M City, as Mrs. Gu, she was still amongst the invited guests for the night.

Holding a bidder's card in her hand, Song Wuyou and Xu Jing sat quietly in their respective seats.

Sitting in front of them were Song Jiuyue and Song Jiumei.

"Dajie say, what is this Song Wuyou slut doing here?" Song Jiumei's lips moved close to Song Jiuyue's ear and whispered softly.

"Of course she's here to bid for something she likes." Song Jiuyue looked like an exalted Queen with a faint magnanimous smile hanging on her lips.

"What gave her the guts to come and bid for something here today?" Song Jiumei face was filled with disdain and contempt, "Does she even have any money?"

She refused to sign the divorce papers, had neither assets nor job and doesn't receive any compensation. In short, she was no different than the beggars scattered around on the street.

"This isn't something we need to worry about." Song Jiuyue maintained her demure and elegant smile.

Song Jiumei pursed her lips. Her eyes looked around the venue and she saw Gu Yanhao occupying a seat at the VIP section like a male God.

Song Jiumei lightly nudged Song Jiuyue with her shoulders, "Jie[1], why didn't you sit together with Young Master Gu?"

Song Jiuyue stole a quick look in Gu Yanhao's direction, "He is a guest of honor today."

Song Jiumei laughed and commented, "I heard there is a hairpin being auctioned and also a beautiful bracelet. I wonder if Young Master Gu would bid down either one of these items as a present to you?"

Eavesdropping on their conversation, Song Wuyou's face gradually sank. Her eyes swept across Song Jiuyue's face lightly. She was fully aware that today Gu Yanhao was going to bid for that Bounding Passion hairpin...

Soon enough, the auction event finally started.

Every item was auctioned off quickly and at high prices. Towards other items, Song Wuyou held zero interest.

Even if there was something she favored, she had no money anyway.

Her goal today was solely to see the 'Bounding Passion' hairpin at the auction, to determine whether it was hers...

Finally, the auction for 'Bounding Passion' hairpin arrived!

________________________________
Note:[1] Jie — short for jiejie.

Chapter 29: Song Wuyou's Face Suddenly Turned Pale

The hairpin was brought to the stage by one of the beautiful female assistants. Without any unnecessary elaborate display of support or cases.

The beautiful assistant wore a striking red qipao[1], her hands delicately held the hairpin at both ends.

The hairpin was made of fragrant agarwood, simple yet exquisite and elegant. It exudes a comforting fragrance of nature when placed in the room. A pattern of carved out ice lotus in bloom adorned the top portion of the hairpin, perfect with a dropping lotus pendant that dangles charmingly. The lotus pendant was made from pure green jade that emitted a warm glow.

In order to convince the present guests that this item had truly belonged to Imperial Consort Song of the ancient X Dynasty, the beautiful assistant personally brought the hairpin down from the stage and allowed the guests to take a closer look at it while being protected by a group of elite security personnel.

All the while, the auctioneer was busy narrating its historical value and the story behind the hairpin...

Seeing the beautiful assistant moving closer to her seat, Song Wuyou's heart tightened with nervousness. Her eyes followed the hairpin in the woman's hands without blinking.

When the woman was near enough, Song Wuyou suddenly grabbed the female assistant's hand with fervor.

Look, but don't touch -- this was one of the auction's rules.

Song Wuyou's action startled the said female into thinking that Song Wuyou wanted to snatch the hairpin. Instinctively, the she jumped back in fright. Her hands trembled slightly, causing the hairpin in her hands to nearly slipped off.

One of the securities moved swiftly to block Song Wuyou, hindering her from taking any further actions.

The ruckus on this side was quick to attract the surrounding people's attention including Gu Yanhao's.

"Mrs. Gu, please release her hand!" the security personnel knew Gu Yanhao was present at the event, and thus did not dare to be excessively rude towards Song Wuyou.

On the contrary, Song Wuyou's attention was solely focused on the hairpin between the beautiful assistant's hands, her voice was shaky as she requested, "I want to see the body of the hairpin."

The assistant smiled professionally and turned the hairpin around so that Song Wuyou could see all she liked.

With a whoosh, Song Wuyou's face suddenly turned pale.

Not... It was not her 'Bounding Passion' hairpin.

She dazedly released the woman's hand as she sat there feeling a little loss.

The woman looked at her in puzzlement, but she moved towards another guest with grace and professionalism.

"Imperial Consort Song was a strong lady who fought in the war conquering the Empire alongside the Emperor of X Dynasty, more legendary than Hua Mulan[2]..."

"This hairpin was the Emperor's token of love to Imperial Consort Song."

"...it was said that the Imperial Consort Song was very much favored by the Emperor. But who would have thought that Imperial Consort Song would meet her fate on the battlefield."

"In the days following Imperial Consort Song's death, the Emperor was heartbroken. In the relic belongings of the Imperial Consort Song the soldiers brought back this hairpin which was amongst them."

"A number of years later, when the Emperor ascended the throne, he decreed her to be promoted as the first-rank consort and went by the name of Imperial Consort Song respectively..."

The auctioneer's words resounded in her ears, sweet and beautiful, carrying a taste of sadness as he introduced the origins of the hairpin. His way of narrating seemed to be reminiscing a great yet tragic love story between Imperial Consort Song and the Emperor.

As Song Wuyou listened, she was gradually filled with ironic anguish.

'Was it?'

She had died in that heartless man's hands after the new Palace's construction was completed. How could the truth deviated so much, twisted into something else in these people's eyes.

'She died on the battlefield?'

Laughable!

They even acclaimed that the callous man as the greatest lover.

'He kept her hairpin as a remembrance?'

That man brought in numerous concubines to the Royal Palace after he ascended the Dragon Throne[3], pampering only the Empress.

'He was heartbroken after her death?'

Listening to such story, Song Wuyou was irate and felt a sense of irony at the same time. History had truly been distorted by these future generations...

In the VIP section, Gu Yanhao's unfathomable sharp eyes were observing Song Wuyou. When he noticed her downcast eyes brimming with unspeakable sadness, doubt appeared in his eyes.

The last time she saw the hairpin in the auction catalog, she had been very excited.

Now, seeing the actual item, her emotions were even more disturbed. Furthermore, exposing such painful and sad expression.

In the end, what could be the reason?

________________________________
Note:
[1] Qipao also known as a cheongsam.
[2] Mulan is the Chinese female warrior that disguised as a man to take her father's place, being conscripted into the army. Google: Disney Mulan.
[3] Dragon Throne – the name for Chinese Emperor's throne

Chapter 30: The Story about Her and that Heartless Man

The story being narrated was about her and that heartless man. Although the contents had been twisted, flipped over, and deviated greatly, it still sounded very touching.

The hairpin was also a craftsmanship of her era but it was not the one that belonged to her.

Song Wuyou thought, what little jewelry she had must have been taken away by the palace maids that served her. Those maids that had been freed from the Palace most likely had the hairpin design imitated and reproduced outside.

Through the passage of time, a similar hairpin had once again appeared in the world.

"Ten million!"

"Ten million going once!"

"Thirteen million!"

Song Wuyou was abruptly pulled back to reality by the incessant enthusiastic cries of the bidding.

She blinked her eyes a couple of times, eyelids trembling slightly as she blinked away a layer of sparkling mist that blurred her sight. She looked up towards the auction podium.

The bidding price became increasingly higher much to the organizers' excitement.

However, Song Wuyou's detachment seemed out of place from the fervent atmosphere in the hall.

After all, the hairpin was an antique. Even the starting bid price was set at three million.

Unfortunately, it was not the same one that had belonged to her, thus in Song Wuyou's eyes, it's not worth anything...

"Twenty million!" Song Jiuyue raised her bidding card accompanied by her clear tinkling voice.

Song Jiuyue liked the hairpin very much. She had hoped for Gu Yanhao to bid it down as a present for her. But the price had already been raised numerous times, yet there was no sign of movement from Gu Yanhao.

How could she allow something she liked to fall into someone else's hand?

"Twenty million going once!"

"Twenty million going twice!"

"Twenty-one million!" Song Wuyou suddenly lifted her bidding card.

Sitting next to her, Xu Jing was instantly stupefied by her action. "Miss!"

'Oh God ah, twenty-one million, since when did her Miss has so much money?'

Sitting beside Xu Jing, Song Wuyou turned and blinked cutely at Xu Jing, flashing her a 'do-not-worry' smile.

"Young Master Gu is going to give me thirty million as compensation. I like this hairpin very much, so I must bid it down." Song Wuyou said to Xu Jing in a soft but clear voice.

It was soft and clear enough for Song Jiuyue and Song Jiumei sitting right in front of them to catch it loud and clear.

The corner of Song Jiuyue's lips curved up in a smug smile, she deliberately would not allow Song Wuyou to have it!

Raising her bidding card up, she cried out, "Twenty-five million!"

"Twenty-six million!" Song Wuyou pursued right behind Song Jiuyue and raised her bidding card.

Xu Jing was sweating profusely. Miss still had not signed the divorce papers, how can she have any compensation money? Xu Jing was truly anxious. Miss bid so much money, what if she could not pay? At this time, wouldn't people laugh at her till their teeth falls out?

'Miss, ah, you want to show off but is this really the right way?'

Gu Yanhao watched with interest. Since he heard Song Wuyou's voice calling out the first time, a touch of surprise graced his eyes.

'This woman calls a bid at twenty-six million! Does she have that much money?'

"Thirty million!" Song Jiuyue gritted her teeth while raising another four million.

When she was raising her bidding card, Song Jiuyue turned around and sneered at Song Wuyou. Without anyone noticing, Song Wuyou returned the challenge and arrogantly smile at Song Jiuyue.

Wanted to snatch things from her? No way in hell!

Didn't she say she only has thirty million?

Let's see if she still has the guts to raise the offer again!

At the back, when Song Wuyou sensed Song Jiuyue turning around, she quickly put on an angry facade.

She even went as far as to add a look that said 'can't you relent this time and just give it to me?'

"Thirty million going once!"

"Thirty million going twice!"

"Thirty million..."

"I shall add another thousand!" Song Wuyou suddenly jumped off her seat and shouted. Her hasty movement indicating that by hook or by crook, she must get the hairpin.

Gu Yanhao's eyes darkened.

Song Jiumei snickered sarcastically: no more money, right?

"Thirty-one million!" Song Jiuyue added.

The entire audience bore witness to two sisters fighting over a hairpin.

_______________________________

Extra

Gu Yanhao: Miss Song, you dare to secretly hide away some 'sifang qian' (personal money)?

Miss Song: What the heck is 'sifang qian' (personal money)? I only know 'sifang chai' (private kitchen dishes)."

Gu Yanhao: If you hadn't saved up money secretly, how could you have so much money to bid for a hairpin?

Miss Song flipped her hair elegantly, and flashed a million dollar smile: "I was just bluffing, not that I really wanted it."

________________________________
Translator: Woodear Editor: ChocolateMorn

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

160K 2.1K 21
**NOT MINE** ¡FOR OFFLINE READING PURPOSES! Shi Jin was a desperate woman and just a pretty face in her past life. She was swapped at birth and broug...
99.4K 1.6K 35
"Within half a month, I will make you climb on my 'dragon bed' on your own initiative!" What the heck! The guy was insufferable at times - self-centr...
448K 9.1K 200
On the surface, he is the aloof and standoffish patriot whose sole purpose is to serve the nation. On the darker side, he is an invincible, powerful...
2K 113 9
(Currently on Hiatus, Becuse I Am Rewriting It Completely) Sabre has been in a cage for who knows how long, but one day a red and orange steve comes...