Phantom Justice

By Warrior_Elli

He didn't know what to do. People were just surrounding his body trying to get him to breath. Off to the side... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Hey..

Chapter 3

1.4K 79 30
By Warrior_Elli

Press my nose up to the glass around your heart
I should've known I was weakest from the start
You'll build your walls up and I'll play my bloody part

Babel : Mumford and Sons

Chapter 3 :

Batcave

"You will be joining us today."

His face paled and he dropped his spoon in his bowl which caused the oatmeal to splatter slightly.

"Hwah?"

•••••••••

Danny looked nervously at the cowled bat. His cowl was down at the moment but he was in his suit and next to him stood his older brother. He knew about the family business. After all Bruce did save him.

He knew that Dick knew about Bruce's alter ego, but he didn't know he was apart of it until the third month he was staying. Dick had left his mask on and went to sleep in it. When he awoken the next morning, mask still on face, he walked right into the dinning room. It was very careless of him but hey, sleep deprive does things to you.

Long story short, Danny was sitting down when he walked in. Dick spilled instantly not wanting the trust they had to be destroyed.

Now looking at the two, he wished he never knew. They both were looking at the computer getting the Zeta Tubes ready to let him through.

'They always want something in return'

'T-That's not true!'

The voice chuckled. 'They want you to join and fight. To be their weapon'

Danny frowned looking at the two, then at the ground. He shouldn't listen to the voice. The voice was wrong.

'How rude of you to not call me by my name.'

'Leave me alone'

Dick took his eyes off the computer to look at his brother. He was looking down and his bangs were covering his eyes. Dick frowned.

He didn't want Danny in the family business. In all honestly, he hoped he never found out. He wanted his brother to be safe at home. Or as safe as he could be.

Looking at his younger adopted brother now, he could see the difference from when they found him to now.

His hair was a little longer, he wasn't as pale, he had color to his face and his cheeks weren't sunken in. He had a little bit of baby fat. His arms were still noodles but they had a hint of muscle. If you saw him shirtless, his ribs wouldn't be showing anymore.

"Robin."

Dick looked up at Bruce. Bruce watched him carefully then looked over at Danny. Dick raised his eyebrow asking if he wanted to do this. Bruce gave a short nod and started walking towards Danny with Dick in toll.

'Humans are selfish creatures. They only want things but never give to others in need' If looks could kill. Danny was pretty sure the voice talking would have hurt him already.

'They help people. They help others out. Just like we use-'

A hand on his shoulder cut him off. He surged up, tensing. He looked up to see Bruce staring at him. He looked over at Dick, who was giving him a knowing look.

"Are you ready?" Bruce looked concerned. But was he really?

"You don't have to go." Surprised showed up on Danny's face.

It didn't come from Bruce though, it came from Dick.

Both Bruce and Danny looked at Dick. Bruce had his eyes widen, surprised that his son said that, while Danny looked relieved.

"If you don't want to come with us you don't have too." Dick smiled gently.

'He's lying. They always get something out of it.'

'Why should I listen to you. You aren't Phantom anymore'

'.......'

Danny bit his lip but soon relaxed.

"We don't want to go." He mumbled softly.

Bruce looked at him and Dick frowned at the word 'we'.

"Then so be it. You can stay with Alfred till we return. Maybe another time."

Bruce said softly as he put the cowl over his head. Dick smiled and put his mask on.

He went over to Danny and hugged him. Danny tensed then relaxed. He released him and they went towards the Zeta Tubes.

Danny, relieved he wouldn't have to leave his comfort zone, gave a small wave.

Soon they both were transported to the mountain.

To tear, tear them down
Well I'm gonna tear, tear them down

'What? Ignoring me now are we.'

'Leave me alone'

'No. I can't and I won't ever leave you alone.'

Danny sat on his bed with his knees against his chest. His face hidden in his legs and his hands against his head, gripping his hair tightly.

'You can't trust them.'

'Yet before we escaped, you said I could.. And why now? After two years of popping in every now and then, why all of a sudden start talking.'

'.......Maybe now it's time'

Cause I know my weakness, know my voice
And I'll believe in grace and choice

Danny let out a sob. Tears trickled down his cheek.

'Time for what?' He sobbed out as a lump formed in his throat.

"Don't worry. All in due time Danny."

He felt hands on top of his. He froze as he let out the air he was holding. When it left his mouth, it turned into fog. It was cold. Freezing cold.

And I know perhaps my heart is fast

Dick walked silently up the stairs. Their mission was rough and it began badly, but it got better in the end. Once reaching the top of the stairs he shivered.

It was cold. Like freezing cold. He shivered as his breathe came out in small puffs of smoke. He frowned walking down the hallway. Once reaching his door he looked at the door of Danny's room.

They made sure to put him close to Bruce's room but where Dick can reach him easier and faster. He stayed there for a few moments.

'He's probably asleep already. Could it be a nightmare that's causing the cold? Maybe I should check on him.'

He let go of his door knob and walked towards Danny's room. Midway he stopped as he heard mumbling. He froze. Mumbling? But the mirror, they made sure to get rid of it.

"DoN'T wOrrY. AlL iN DuE tImE DaNNy.."

Instantly, Dick darted the rest of the way to Danny's door and threw it open quickly. He froze at what he saw.

A dark figure was looming over Danny on his bed, holding his hands which were on his head. Slowly the figure turned but before he could see his face, it disappeared.

Dick stood there not knowing what to do, till he heard a tearful cry. He ran towards Danny and wrapped his arms around them.

"It's going to be okay Danny. It's okay."

Tears rolled down his face as he clung to Dick. He couldn't breath. It was all too much for him

But I'll be born without a mask

Word Count - 1137

Longest chapter yet! Hope you guys enjoy it 😀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

429K 25.9K 85
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
483K 14.6K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
68.2K 1.4K 47
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A messy relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando...
620K 18.7K 75
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...