Simply Irresistible

Per PoorLittleAlice

"People say you don't know what you got until it's gone. Truth is, you knew what you had, you just never thou... Més

First Days and Cheaters

Parties and Punches

180 4 1
Per PoorLittleAlice

"LYLE!" I screamed. I rushed downstairs towards the sound of dying seals. "I'm going to murder you so hard!"

"C'mon, sis, that doesn't even make sense. You sure that food dye didn't seep into your brain?" My brother, Lyle, responded as his best friend rolled onto the floor laughing at the sight of my green hair.

"Drew, don't you dare encourage him!" I growled, stalking forwards. He jumped to his feet as I approached him, holding his hands up in surrender.

"For the record, it totally wasn't my idea to put food dye in your shampoo," He said.

"Yeah, he wanted to put flour in your hair dryer," Lyle piped up from his position on the couch.

"Dude!"

I couldn't hold in the laugh that escaped me as I took in Drew. He was cute. Definitely cute. I'd had a crush on him for as long as I can remember.

He had dark brown hair that would fall into his chocolate brown eyes. He was lean and muscular due to playing soccer since he was 5.

He turned toward me and grinned. "Awe, don't sweat it, smurf. I think green suits you."

"Smurfs are blue, dork," I laughed but soon stop short when I realized I'm standing in the middle of our living room currently occupied by Drew with green hair. Without so much as another word, I turned on my heel and rushed upstairs with the intention of getting back in the shower. This time with new shampoo.

I made my way downstairs later that day to see my brother and Drew still lounging on the couch.

"Do you ever go home?" I teased as I passed by them on my way to kitchen.

"Let's not pretend, kitten. We all know you can't get enough of my presence," Drew called back, arrogance seeping into his tone.

I scoffed. "Why do you insist on calling me that? it's Alex."

It's actually Alexandria. As in Alexandria Marie Brookes. I've always just gone by Alex, though. Everyone calls me that, well except Drew.

I wasn't exaggerating when I asked if he ever went home. Ever since the start of summer it seems Drew has adopted our house as his own. Not that I'm complaining, of course. School's starting again soon anyways. In two days to be precise, my idiot twin brother, Drew, my best friend Skylar and I will be starting our last year of high school.

Seniors. What a thought, huh? In one year from now I'll be preparing for college at UCLA. Long way from Michigan is what my mom always said. I guess that's kind of the point.

I'd been dreaming about California since I knew where it was. The constant sunshine, the people, the places, the distance.

One way or another, I know that's where I'm going to end up.

"Hey, sis, can you bring out some chips and pop?"

Without a reply I grabbed a bag of sour cream and onion chips and three cans of sprite, making my way back into the living room. I plopped down on the sofa beside Drew and tossed them each a can before opening the chips and passing that down too.

Right as I got settled the front door flew open, revealing a gorgeous brunette.

"WHAT'S UP, FUCKER!"

"Doesn't she know how to knock?" My brother grumbled.

"SKY!" I jumped up, running to greet my best friend. Well, maybe it was a fast walk or a slow jog. You see, I don't do really do running.

"Hey, bitch, looking good!" She said, looking me up and down.

Drew watched us in amusement, chuckling at Skylar before turning his attention back to the tv.

"Mmhm and he is looking good too," Skylar whispered, nudging me and gesturing towards Drew.

I laughed and pulled her upstairs after me.

*****

"No, absolutely not," I stated as my eyes fell on the short, skin tight lace dress and four inch heels to match.

"Why not?" Skylar pouted, dragging out her words in a shrill, whiny manner.

"Because I'll look like a hooker!"

"Easy now, those are my clothes," she warned and sent a glare my way.

"Really? From when? Second grade?" I retorted incredulously, crossing my arms. "There's no way you're getting me to wear that."

"Wanna bet," she asked as an evil grin replaced the glare on her face.

Despite my confidence I took a slight step backwards. I'd seen that look before. It'd send the terminator running for the hills so yeah, it terrified me.

Twenty minutes later I found myself standing in front of my mirror, tugging at the dress in hopes of it covering more. I sighed in frustration when instead it just made my boobs pop out.

"You're right, the boobs should be out more," Skylar said, coming up behind me to pull my freshly curled blonde hair to the side and pin it.

I didn't bother responding, deciding to stay on her good side for the night. She was taking me to an end of the summer party and the last thing I needed was for her to be mad and leave me to get lost in the crowd.

Don't get me wrong, I loved parties. Well I thought I did but I'd never actually been to one. Not a real one at least. You could say I was a tad bit nervous.

I slipped on the heels as Skylar finished touching up her hair that she straightened for the occasion. After stuffing my phone and a twenty in my bra- what, I didn't have pockets?- we made our way down stairs to where (shocker) the boys were still lounging.

Both glanced up as we entered the room and I thought for a minute Drew was just going to fall over and die.

"I didn't think you had to be back on the corner until next week." My brother said, quickly losing interest. "Why are you all dressed up just to spend the night at Skylar's?"

"We're not spending the night at my house?" Skylar piped up from beside me, her expression confused. I quickly turned to her, my eyes wide and frantic.

"Ohhh." Great, now she caught on. "You know what? I'm going to um, I should really... Did you hear that? I think someone's stealing my car!" With that she rushed out the door, surprisingly fast for someone in four inch heels.

"TRAITOR!" I screamed after her before slowly turning back towards my brothers expectant face and Drew's ogling one. "I should go make sure the guy who stole her car didn't kidnap her too." I turned to make a run for it but didn't get very far before I heard my name in a slightly angered tone.

"Where exactly do you think you're going then?" Lyle asked.

Right then all mystical forces of the universe seemed against me as his phone rang. He picked it up before nodding his head, then his eyes went wide and snapped over to meet mine. He hung up without another word.

"You're not going." He stated.

"How'd did you know!" I groaned, exasperated as I threw my hands up.

"That was Grant, calling to see if I was making it to the party. The party that you're not going to."

I started to object before Drew seemed to regain access to his brain.

"I agree. You're not going."

"I'm sorry, when did I get two irritating brothers?" I demanded, turning to him. His cuteness be damned.

"Alex, as you're older brother I'm telling you--"

You're older by four minutes!"

"Key word being older, baby sis." He smirked.

"Why I oughta," I threatened, stalking towards him and raising my fist. Drew quickly jumped to his feet and stepped between us.

"I have an idea. Why don't we all just go together. That way Skylar can have her fun, Lyle can keep an eye on you and I can make the female population happy by gracing them with my presence."

I snorted. "Yeah right.They'd probably just call the zoo to tell them there's been an escape from the baboon exhibit."

He stepped closer, his nose nearly touching mine. "What's wrong, kitten? Can't stand the idea of them wanting me?"

I tried to respond but realized I'd probably need to breathe to do that. He smirked and turned to my brother.

"You coming? I'm just going to borrow one of your shirts."

"Yeah man, give me a sec." With that he raced up stairs. Drew threw me a smug look and a wink before following Lyle.

*****

We arrived and the party was already in full swing. The music was so loud I could feel it vibrating through the floors and into my feet. Skylar, the traitor, immediately left me with the boys in search of our other friends and food, most likely. That girl could eat like nobody's business.

I spied Grant making his way towards us.

"Looking good, Alex," he whistled. "Bangable, I'd say."

"You know, you should really wear a condom over your head. If you're going to act like a dick you might as well dress like one too," I retorted, grinning.

Grant chuckled and pulled me into a hug, kissing my cheek.

Stepping back, my brother had a smirk on his face while Drew watched us apprehensively.

Grant greeted my brother and Drew before dragging me onto the crowded, makeshift dance floor. I threw my head back and laughed at his eccentric dancing. He wasn't a bad dancer, actually.

Grant was one of my best guy friends. I had met him in the first grade when he came over to play with my brother. To mess with me, they'd drew mustaches and unibrows on all my Bratz and Barbie dolls. I was so upset that I cried until Grant, feeling bad, came to apologize, giving me one of his teenage mutant turtles as a peace offering.

Drew was a different story. I'd known him since I was born. Our parents were really close and used to take turns watching all of us. His parents got divorced in eighth grade and his dad moved to New York. I haven't heard anything about him since.

Lyle and Drew were best friends all their lives. Skylar tells me that means Drew and I were destined to fall in love, according to every love song, romance movie and book ever. I don't exactly think that's the case.

Especially when there's Ryder.

"Hey, babe," a deep voice said into my ear as warm hands wrapped themselves around my waist.

I grinned and leaned into him as he began placing kisses down my neck. Grant had left to grab me a drink but I watched as he made his way back, smiling until his eyes took in Ryder.

I pulled out of his arms and accepted the cup from Grant's outstretched hand. I smiled in thanks and took a sip.

To my right, I spied Skylar dancing with some guys and near her, was Drew with Hailey Andrews. Ugh. If Hailey Andrews was half as pretty as she thought she was, she'd be twice as pretty as she actually is.

My attention was pulled back to Ryder as he kissed my cheek, telling me he was going to catch up with some friends. I nodded, smiling and watched him walk away.

Ryder Williams was my boyfriend. We had a very inconsistent relationship, breaking up just to get back together weeks later. He had dark brown hair, it was nearly black. His clear blue eyes sparkled with mischief.

Grant didn't really like him, said he was a douche. My brother Lyle was okay with him and he and Skylar got along great. I'm pretty sure it's because she's still hoping he has an equally hot brother.

"Want to dance?" A familiar voice said from behind me. I turned to see a cocky Drew, smirking at me.

"With you?" I asked. He didn't reply as he strolled closer to me, tucking a piece of hair out the way before kissing my temple.

"Drew?" I tried stepping back, shocked, but his hold on me tightened. He began placing kisses along my jaw and as he neared my mouth, I caught the scent of alcohol.

"Are you drunk?" I once again attempted to break free of his hold but damn his soccer muscles, he was strong. "Drew get off! You're drunk!"

He pulled back slightly and held up a hand, positioning his fingers so that they were an inch apart.

"Just a little bit," he said, grinning before trying to resume kissing my neck.

"Drew, stop!" As the words left my mouth, Drew was pulled away from me by a seething Ryder.

You know how I mention that Grant didn't like Ryder? Well if Grant didn't like him, then I don't think there was a word yet to describe the hatred between Ryder and Drew.

"What's your problem?" Drew asked, facing Ryder. Out the corner of my eye I saw Skylar approaching me and standing by my side.

"My problem? You're all up on my girlfriend!" Ryder stepped closer.

"Girlfriend? You broke up with her weeks ago! Like she'd be dumb enough to go back to you!" As he said that his eyes snapped to mine, the smug grin falling from his face at the sight of me.

Apparently my expression said it all, that I was in fact dumb enough to go back to him. Something flashed in Drews eyes and before I could say anything he turned back towards Ryder, his fist following after him.

*****

"Hold still!" I chastised as he moved again, pressing the ice pack back on his jaw.

"That thing's fucking freezing!" Ryder said but allowing me to continue nursing him. "You know, I'd be a lot more willing if you put on one of those naughty nurse outfits."

He grinned as I smacked his head.

It was late. After the fiasco at the party I drove Ryder home in his car. Last I saw as we made our way out was Skylar watching me walk away, leaving an angry Drew behind.

The fight didn't last long before Grant, Lyle and a few other seniors jumped in and pulled Drew off Ryder.

"I still can't believe he punched you," I muttered.

"Why not? The guy's a dick." Ryder said, standing up angrily.

"C'mon, Ryder. He was just drunk."

"And, what? That's some excuse for him coming onto you like that?"

"No, of course not! I'm mad, too!" I stood up to stand in front of him.

"Sure as hell doesn't seem like it," he said, glaring at me.

"Ryder--" I started, but was cut off as he turned away from me, walking towards the window.

"Just go home, Alex." I started to protest but stopped, taking in the angry, calm tone of his voice, the tensed muscles in his back and the angry expression on his face when he turned away.

Ten minutes later I was walking up my driveway, my shoes in my hand. As I unlocked the front door, I saw Drew, Skylar and Lyle sitting on the couch. Drew jumped to his feet and approached me.

"Alex, I--"

"Don't." I said, holding a hand up, too tired to deal with anyone, especially him.

"But I'm sorry!" He said, grabbing my hand.

"For what? Coming onto me? Refusing to stop? Punching my boyfriend!"

"Kitten--"

"I'm going to bed."

Turns out, I wasn't tired. Actually, I just couldn't seem to get my mind to rest long enough for me to sleep.

My head was spinning from the events of the night, well and the alcohol. I didn't understand why Drew would punch Ryder. Sure he hated him, but enough for violence? And why then?

Then Ryder being angry with me. That's not really unusual. He's always had a bit of a temper since I've known him.

I was pulled out of my jumbled thoughts by a hesitant knock on the door. I looked towards the clock reading 3 am before making my way to the door.

"Hey," Lyle said as I opened the door further. He followed me in before sitting on my bed facing me.

Continua llegint