shells ; calum au

Bởi rhapsodie

in which an absent-hearted boy and an over-estimated girl meet through lonesome walks on the same dreary beac... Xem Thêm

shells ; c.h
0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.9
2.0
2.1
2.2

1.8

1.7K 92 50
Bởi rhapsodie

|| shells ||

The next morning, Bella got up before Calum and slipped on leggings, not getting to change out of his tee shirt before Luke honked his horn from outside.

Bella grabbed her phone then walked over to where Calum was laying on the couch. She smiled at how peaceful he looked, then leant over to kiss his cheek sweetly.

She walked out the front door, shutting it quietly behind her as not to wake Calum up from his slumber.

Bella proceeded to run over to Luke's car, hopping in the passenger seat.

"Hey," Luke looked over at Bella and smiled, driving away from Calum's house. "How was your night with lover boy?" He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

"Shut up!" Bella laughed, whacking Luke on the arm. "We watched Shrek and ate junk food. Are you satisfied with that, Hemmings?" Bella asked.

"No, I honestly don't care about what you do," Luke began. "But are you satisfied, honestly?"

Bella sighed heavily. "I like Calum, I really do, it's just," Bella paused, trying to find her words. "Sometimes I feel like he only wants this - this sort of fling between us, I guess? I mean, it's been about two months since we've met and all we do is kiss. No dates, no labels on what we are. I just want something more, he's more than just a guy I like to kiss in my mind."

Luke huffed. "That's difficult."

"No kidding."

"Well," Luke began. "I think you should just take a break from thinking about your situation with him for today. You know, just focus on having fun, don't let this get in the way." He smiled reassuringly at Bella.

"I can try." She sighed.

Soon they had pulled into the music store that Luke worked at. They both climbed out do the car, and walked into the store. Luke led Bella over to the new releases section, and she began to scour through the different CDs and vinyls.

"No way! You guys finally got The Cab!" Bella yelled excitedly, waving their newest EP "Lock Me Up" in Luke's face.

"I know, Bella," He laughed. "I made sure we had them stocked for once."

"I'm so getting this, let's go." Bella said with a wide smile, tugging Luke over to the register.

He checked her out then led her back to his car.

"Onto the fun part!" Luke yelled, trying to lighten the mood.

"Ugh, don't remind me." Bella groaned.

She loved Luke's family to death, but they weren't the most interesting people on the planet. All of them were practically geniuses, while Bella, on the other hand, was only of average knowledge.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I promise if they start to talk smart again we can go do something else." Luke pleaded to Bella.

"Fine." She sighed, even though she would've been perfectly content with staying at Luke's. She didn't let him know that, though.

Bella rushed to put her new CD in the player, quickly finding herself singing along.

"How do you know all of the words?" Luke laughed, looking over at her every few seconds.

"I may or may not have downloaded it on my phone already." Bella admitted sheepishly.

Luke laughed out loud. "What's the point of getting the physical version, then?"

"It's self-explanatory, Luke!" Bella exclaimed, throwing her hands into the air. "It's physical, meaning you can hold it. It makes it that much cooler."

"Good to know." Luke mumbled, focusing his attention back to the road.

+++ +++ +++

It was later in the day, the sun nearly gone, the sky close to being a dark shade of blue. Bella and Luke were currently walking around his backyard aimlessly, trying to avoid another one of his relatives.

Bella checked her phone, yet again, but felt her heart fall when she saw that her texts to Calum still hadn't sent.

She told herself she shouldn't worry, that he was probably working on his mural or was still mad at her for spending the day with Luke.

As much as she wished to believe that this was an innocent coincidence, she couldn't help but feel that something bigger was going on with Calum.

"Staring at it won't make him text you, you know." Luke mused, nudging Bella with his shoulder playfully.

"I'm sorry." Bella whispered. She really didn't mean to burden Luke with her worries, but they were troubling greatly her at the moment.

"Don't apologize Bella," Luke said sternly. "You shouldn't be worried about him constantly, he's a big boy, you know."

"I know," Bella sighed. "He just has a lot going on right now, I'm worried."

Luke's jaw clenched. "He shouldn't make you worry about his issues," He stop walking, then turned to face Bella. "You shouldn't waste your time on someone as immature as him."

Bella was quiet as she thought about Luke's words, not really understanding what he was getting at.

"Bella," Luke whispered. "You should go for me, someone like me. I could take care of you, you wouldn't have to worry about me doing something stupid." He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear then took a step towards her, pressing their bodies together.

Bella's heart was racing. She couldn't believe Luke was stupid enough to try and make a move on her as soon as things with Calum were getting slightly confusing.

"You're so beautiful." Luke whispered after a moment of silence, his gaze flicking between Bella's eyes and lips.

"Luke, no." Bella said firmly, pushing against his chest just as he began to lean in.

"Jesus Christ, Bella!" Luke laughed coldly. "What is it now?"

"I have Calum, Luke!" Bella exclaimed, glaring at the fuming boy in front of her. "You can't do this, you can't just up and kiss me right after I tell you about my relationship issues!"

"Relationship?" Luke laughed again, but the sound didn't make Bella's heart warm like it usually would have. She loved his regular laugh.

"Bella, what you have with him isn't a relationship, you're too blind to see it!" Luke yelled, running his hands through his hair.

"Stop." Bella warily warned him.

"You're nothing but a girl to kiss to him! He doesn't like you, he never did." Luke's chest rose up and down with every ragged breath he took.

Bella was silent for a minute, the hurt of Luke's words processing in her mind. "Take me home." She demanded.

"Bella-" Luke sighed, walking towards the brunette girl.

"Now, Luke!" Bella raised her voice, stepping away from him.

He reluctantly nodded and walked around the side gate to where his car was parked against the curb.

They drove in silence, tension thick in the air.

Bella couldn't believe that Luke had done that. She would never judge him for having feelings for her, but he couldn't have made a move on her at a worse time. That was what infuriated her most.

Luke was mad at how easy it was for Bella to shoot him down. The way Calum was described to him by Bella made him seem pathetic, almost like a little child, and all Luke wanted to do was show Bella how much better he could treat her.

"Take me to Calum's." Bella said quietly, still facing the window opposite to Luke.

He groaned. "Of course. You're going to go cry to lover boy now."

Bella turned to look at Luke in shock, then hardened her gaze into a glare. "Shut the fuck up."

He didn't speak after that, only muttering a pathetic 'good night' to Bella as she stepped out of his car, slamming the door loudly behind her.

Bella walked up his porch steps, then stopped, seeing that Stanley wasn't in his usual spot in Calum's driveway.

Her mind began to fill with worry, she had no idea where he could've gone.

She tried to ease her swimming thoughts with ideas that he was just out visiting his friends, nothing serious.

Little did she know, he wasn't doing anything of the sort. He was at the hospital, having the exact opposite of fun.

••• ••• •••

i reALLY DON't wANt SCHooL TO STARt EVEn THOUGh I STIll HAvE A WHiLE IT HuRTs TO THiNK ABouT WORk

I LOVE YOU MORE THAN I LOVE PRINGLES AND AMERICAN HORROR STORY BYe CUTIEs tHANKS FOR BEiNG SO GREaT

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

292K 7.5K 46
in which an indecisive boy with a forged love for soccer meets a damaged but strong-willed girl who only wants to run away ➸ completed ©dirtbagash cr...
711 19 17
in which a sick girl meets a shy boy.
1K 19 13
in which the quiet, yet intriguingly beautiful girl gets to have a fun night with the men from her dreams