Lightning in the Twilight Sky...

By Loveology1

Guitar Roward is broken. Her family has died in a gassing. Now she is on her way down the desolate road to fi... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Guitar and Kale Honeymoon Night Bonus Chapter (non-graphic)
Chapter Twenty-Seven (final chapter)

Prologue

447 16 25
By Loveology1

The road is long. I can see the sun peaking over the dusty, shadowed path. After losing everything, everyone, I'm walking in these dirty, old clothes, sunglasses, a rucksack over my shoulder, and a hand gun in my pocket.

This place is desolate, worn down, like the rest of this God-forsaken world. Here, in this nuclear winter, the cold seems to make my bones stronger. I'm done crying, done whining like a small child over things I couldn't stop from happening. I couldn't stop those murders, couldn't stop those injections, viruses, fumes...

I hold my head up high and choke down the last of my tears. A long, dark ponytail sweeps across the back of my jacket. Crickets, frogs, birds. I remember the sounds that used to haunt the days and nights. But there are no more trees, no more sounds. I sweep these now useless memories into the back of my head and move on in the silent and dirty air, a scarf over my nose and mouth.

And down the road I walk, alone; ready to kill anyone who crosses my path. And here, I start to feel the young girl I used to be crack open like an egg shell and fall to pieces at my feet.

Now, here is a woman; Tough and ridged from the years of loss and pain; ready to fight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 1.8K 96
🗝️Detective Ryker Viltarin must uncover dark secrets before he loses not only his heart, but also his life.🗝️ You're on your own, far from home ...
1.5K 202 91
In a world where marriage was the only way to improve social status. what happens to Fedor who has promised to marry only for wealth and not repeat h...
19K 1.1K 49
Book #4 in the Bonds of Fate series. "You left me. For 2 years." Killian's voice shook with the force of his emotion. "You chose to leave me." "Leavi...
298K 8.8K 53
COMPLETED **be aware i wrote this when i was much much younger, if you want to read a better written story then please check out my current book "ch...