Closets Aren't Just For Cloth...

By JustKaylay

> There's only one guy that has never showed any interest in Emi Aldridge, Matthew Fletcher, her best friend... More

Chapter One.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Ten...If the first one wasn't working for you...try this.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-One.
Chatper Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three.
Chapter Twenty-Four.
Chapter Twenty-Five.
Chapter Twenty-Six.

Chapter Two.

64.7K 739 118
By JustKaylay

Chapter two.

"Miss Aldridge, are you paying attention?" Mr. Kenning asks me in the middle of a lecture.

I bring myself out of my thoughts and look at him. "Yes, Mr. Kenning..." I say, not having one clue about what he was taking about. It's eight in the morning, come on people, it's too early, he's lucky that I'm keeping my eyes open. But, how am I supposed to pay attention to an annoying teacher when the only thing I can think about is my best friend and possibly the only guy I've ever had feelings about, being gay?! The only guy I've ever really wanted is to be with Matt in a way that was like his best friend, or the one I hate most that he's used, 'you're like a little sister to me', he once said. That one hurt a lot.

| "What was the last thing I just said?" he asks.

"'What was the last thing I just said'...?" I answer and a few giggles form around the classroom. That was the last thing he just said though, so technically I'm right, right?

"Very clever Miss Aldridge, maybe you'd like to think about my lecture in detention after school today," he says and walks over to his desk.

"Sounds great..." I mumble right before the bell rings. Mr. Kenning, is probably the world WORST teacher, he'll actually make fun of other students if they do something wrong. It's kind of mean.

"Hey, Emi, are we going to homecoming together, I have a feeling that Bryan isn't going to ask me," my friend Sara asks me ask as I pack up my school books and shove them into my Barney's satchel. "And I know you have already turned down every guy and their cousins, so...?"

"Um, I don't know if I'm going this year. I only went last year because it was right after Matt broke up with Kara, and since he has to go, I went with him," I explain to her. The only reason Matt has to go is because he's on the lacrosse team and it's required since they play in the homecoming game.

"Oh come on, Em, you have to go! Go for your best friend, please?!" Sara ask pleading, as we walk into the hall.

"I'll think about it, but it's almost two weeks away, school just started a month ago, lets just, chill, okay?"

"Okay, I'll take what I can get," she smiles happily and walks away in the other direction to her next class. First period is the only class we have together.

Sara is such an airhead, but I love her to death. She's really bubbly, all the time. I know I may have blonde hair, but she's the type that give blondes a bad name. It's okay and sometimes funny to have the occasional blonde moment, but when it comes to Sara it's more like a blonde LIFE; all day everyday. Her high squeaky voice is somewhat annoying, but like I said, I love her anyways. She's a little on the easy side, but that's only because she's the type that looks for attention in all of the wrong places. She's not like the sluts around here, she just...misguided, if you will.

"Hey, Emi," a familiar voice says and then somebody slams into the row of lockers in front of me.

"Hey, Matt," I try and smile at him. You know, ever since he told me about him being gay, I've been trying my best to drop the awkwardness, but it's hard. I know I'll get over it, but, for now, things are going to be a little weird.

"Don't do that," he say quietly.

Huh? "Do what?" I ask confused.

"Look at me like that," he answers, looking down at the ground.

"Like what?" Okay, now I'm just play stupid.

"Like I've suddenly changed, I'm still the same guy Em, I just happen to think I might be-" somebody comes up and hits Matt on the arm, jokingly. It's his friend Hardy.

"Hey, Fletcher," Hardy says. "Are you taking Emi here to homecoming this year?" He asks Matt, right in front of me.

Matt looks from me to him and then back to me again. "I'm not going this year," I answer, breaking the silence.

"Not even if I take you?" Hardy grins at me.

"Especially not if you take me," I tell him and Matt laughs.

"Damn, Fletcher, she's turning you and me down. That's okay, I have back up, but you've been low on chicks lately," Hardy says to Matt.

Um, hi, do you really have to be talking about this when I'm here?, is what I want to say, but then look at Matt's face. I can tell that he's freaking out inside, if people even get a hint as to why he's not screwing a different girl every night, he's history. Guys and their play toys.

"I'm going to go to class, but I'm still coming over tonight, right?" I ask Matt, knowing how Hardy will take it. I just saved his butt, I better get a thank you, but a part of me likes Hardy thinking that Matt and I are 'seeing' each other.'

Matt looks a little confused at first, but then he catches on. "Yeah," he answers.

"Great," I say smiling, then walk around Hardy and down the hall, leaving them to talk. I hope matt doesn't ruin the help I'm giving him. I'm trying to help and I know that I can do this. I've never had a boyfriend, but I'm not stupid.

I push my way through the halls after lunch to look for a book that I have to read for my Pre-AP English II class; Lord of The Flies. I've already read it, but I forgot half of it, so it's probably a good idea to have it just in case.

I walk up and down each row of book shelves, not able to find anything close to it. I know it's here because it's not like anybody else is actually going to read that book, it's kind of boring. And no, it's not about one big fly that is Lord of all the other small flies, that's what Sara thought when we got assigned this project. She needs help, I worry about her.

I walk around the corner and step down onto the next small level of book and trip, taking something down with me. My head bangs into something hard, not enough to hurt me badly, but enough to give me a massive headache. I bring my hand to my head, to try and stop the throbbing. Damn, that hurt. My eyes slowly flutter open and I look down to see a familiar face.

"Damn, Em, if you wanted me that bad, all you had to do was say so," Noah, tells me, grinning, while putting his hand to his head too.

I'd be more of a bitch if my head didn't hurt so bad right now. Noah moves out from under me and holds out his other hand to help me up.

"I think we bumped heads. Are you cool?" he asks when I'm on my feet.

I nod my head, still in pain and a little out of it. "Your hard," I mumble, meaning his head, the one attached to his neck, but it comes out entirely wrong, I'd be more worried about it if my head didn't hurt so bad.

Noah starts laughing. "Come on, let me walk you to the nurse," he says.

"No, I'm fine," I insist, starting to walk away, but trip again. Noah's hands catch my waist.

"You're not fine," he chuckles. "Do you need me to carry you?"

I shake my head. "No," I groan. Goddamnit this is all his fault. "Why are you even in the library, Noah, you don't-"

He shuts me up by covering my mouth with his hand. "Shhh, people will hear you," he whisper-yells. "Here, just let me-"

Whatever, I'm too dizzy to pay attention to what he's saying. "I'm fine, Noah," I snap at him.

"No, you aren't, come on, let me help you," he says and slides an arm around my waist, supporting my walk.

Normally I would protest to this if my head didn't hurt so bad. Noah and I don't get along very well so, him helping me always has a price. The last time he helped me was when Matt was gone on some internship for this big fancy company and my parents were gone, so Noah let me stay over at his house. I mean, sure I'm always welcome at their house, but Noah had company over, if you know what I mean. I was not in the mood to witness a sex fest so, Noah sent the girl home and we watched movies, but he gave me grief about it the whole time. Then I had to write a two thousand word essay on the French Revolution for his history class. Do you see what I mean when I say he's a huge prick?

"Oh my gosh, Noah!" I hear a girls voice squeal. Don't tell me that's who I think it is. I open my eyes more to see a girl with perfectly tan skin, bouncing red curls. Natalie Meyers, only the most gorgeous girl in the whole school. I'm a girl and even I'll admit that she's pretty. As much as I want to call her a slut, I can't. she hasn't even dated that many guys, much less slept with that many. Noah was going out with her a couple weeks ago until he completely broke her poor little heart and dumped her. I seriously thought she had changed him because they were going out for almost two years and then he all of a sudden broke up with her. Another reason why he's a prick, even if I hate her, I still feel sorry that she got her heart broken by a jackass.

"Hey, Natalie," Noah replies and gives her a half-hearted smile. What is that all about?

"So I was thinking that me and you should go to homecoming together. I mean, I know that we broke up, but we should go together, as friends," Natalie says.

Aw, the poor girl is still in denial about the break up. Wow, she really needs to get over it, they broke up weeks ago.

Noah's arm slides a little lower, practically touching my ass and his grip tightens. "I would say yes, but I'm already taking Emi," Noah tells her.

WHAT?! No you aren't. I'm not going to homecoming. What the hell is he doing? Anger boils under my skin followed by a jolt of pain shooting to my head where I hit it. Ow! Don't think so hard, Emi! That hurt.

"Your taking a sophomore, she's a little young for you don't you think?" Natalie says, like it's impossible.

"Yeah, but it turns out that sophomores don't date college guys," Noah tells her.

Sophomores don't date college guys? What? You know what, I'm just going to stand here and try not to look like I'm in pain. "Noah, the nurse," I remind him.

"Aw, did the little girl get her period," Natalie says to me in a very bitchy tone.

I can't believe that just a couple of seconds ago I felt sorry for her. What a bitch. "Do you ever shut up?" I ask annoyed. "Like seriously, why are you even talking? Go be a bitch to someone else, you aren't wanted here. Walk away. You're dismissed."

"Are you-"

"I said you're dismissed," I repeat. I'm normally not this mean, but she's preventing me from getting some medicine for this headache. I'll end up apologizing later because being mean always makes me feel bad.

Natalie stomps off down the hall, her heals making a clacking noising. Does she not know how annoying she sounds with those shoes?

"I can't believe you just talked to her like that, she's going to make your life hell now, you do realize that, don't you?" Noah tells me.

"My life already is hell," I mumble and push his hand off of my butt. "Is there a reason your hand was gripping my ass?"

Noah grins, "why? Did you like it."

"No, thank you very much, I feel violated!" I shout in his face and then I bring my hand to my head again. Even yelling hurts my head. "God damn it that hurt!"

He chuckles, starting to put his hand on the small of my back, but I stop him, "every part of you that touches me, you aren't going to get back," I warn.

Noah grins, "promise?"

I roll my eyes. He's so gross and right now, I'd love to kick him in the balls. He just pisses me off. Noah's just one of those people that thinks that they know everything when he obviously doesn't and he just knows how to piss me off. That's why Matt is the good Fletcher, he's not a prick. Sure, he may let the guys think that he's 'the man' on campus and sleeps with a different girl every night, but he doesn't and I'm the only one that knows why.

Both of the Fletcher brothers are praised for sleeping with anything that has a pulse. I guess it's a good thing that they don't know that Matt's a virgin.

I hope you liked it....Vote. Comment. Fan......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221 16 11
Laura has had a crush on one of her best friends for years. But he'd never like her back, right? Then why does he act so weird when another boy start...
42K 1.3K 42
Being the best friend of the most beautiful girl at school, Niana Rodrigo never got any male attention and definitely not after her childhood crush c...
6.5K 201 30
Y/n is in love with her best friend Justin Bieber. But his heart is stuck on someone else. When she uses Cute Hayes Grier as a distraction and to mak...
903 1 36
Hadley Brian has been in jail more often than the average person and is proud to say that she still holds the top average in her entire musical arts...