Born to Shine

By blackdust

Lizzie wakes up from a coma finding out that her parents and her little brother are dead. Her parents always... More

Born to Shine
Born to shine (1)
Born to Shine (2)
Born to shine (3)
Born to shine (4)
Born to shine (5)
Born to shine (6)
Born to Shine (7)
Born to Shine (8)
Born to Shine (9)
Born to Shine (10)
Born to Shine (11)
Born to Shine (12)
Born to Shine (13)
Born to Shine (14)
Born to Shine (15)
Born to Shine (16)
Born to Shine (17)
Born to Shine (18)
Born to Shine (19)
Born to Shine (20)
Born to Shine (21)
Born to Shine (22)
Born to Shine (23)
Born to Shine (24)
Born to Shine (25)
Born to Shine (26)
Born to Shine (27)
Born to Shine (29)
Born to Shine (30)
Born to Shine (31)
Born to Shine (32)
Born to Shine (33)
Born to Shine (34)
Born to Shine (35)
Born to Shine (36)
Born to Shine (37)
Born to Shine (38)
Born to Shine (39)
Epilogue

Born to Shine (28)

2.3K 66 7
By blackdust

*~ Back to Lizzie's POV ~*

"So, what did Maria say?" I asked Mark, Johnny and Tony. They came back not too long ago from the Studio, with something they needed to share with everyone, even though everyone wasn't here right now.

"We have a week and a half until the fundraiser, so this friday, Maria wants us to perform the song at a club. We also have to do two sets each, one cover and one original song. That's it really," Mark answered, I nodded. It sounded simple, I've played at so many clubs before and I have my own songs.

"Also, we need to a picture for the single, but Maria said not to fret about it," continued Johnny, who had Trisha planted beside him.

They are much too cute.

"So it took, three people to go and collect a message that could easily be told over the phone?" Shane asked. I diverted my gaze to him, he was sitting on the other side of the couch.

"Shane, be nice," I warned him. Even though now he's my friend and I feel I can trust him more than I could anyone else, I will not let him be mean to my band.

"Yes, Shane be nice," Mark snided. I rolled my eyes, Mark and Shane really need to get over their issues.

"Mark, you be nice too," I told him firmly and then switched my gaze to him. He was glaring menacingly at Shane but stopped when I gave him a warning glance.

Why does it feel like I'm the responsible one?

I'm the youngest as well.

"Stop it, both of you. Anyways, is that it? Did Maria say anything else?" I said and focused my attention on Tony and Johnny.

"Nope, nothing else." Tony replied, I nodded and then got up from the couch and straightened out my clothes.

"Where are you going?" Shane immediately asked.

Of course he would ask.

"Home," I replied and gave him a quick turn of the lips before I bid everyone goodbye before I left the room.

They say that your home is where your heart is, my heart is with my music. So I guess I'm just going back to my house.

I left the board house, I went straight to my car and sat in. My guitar was already inside since I was planning of just taking a short trip in and then leaving again. I pulled out of the drive way and headed straight for home.

I had promised Kate and Marco that I would come down one of these days again. They wanted to see if I was alright, coping. I didn't mind though, it gave me something to do.

I drove past the cemetery, I was there not too long ago. I felt as if, I needed to tell someone about Shane.

It felt different now, knowing him. Being his friend, and trusting him.

What would happen if I let him in? I can't do that. What if he goes? I wouldn't be able to cope. We can only be friends, and remain friends.

I sighed, I knew the day was going to come when I was going to over think about a guy. I just didn't think the day would come so soon, I'm only eighteen.

But age is just a number.

I sighed, and got out of my car as I had reached my home and got my guitar out the back and locked the car and headed for my house. I opened the door with the key I had allowing me to enter.

I immedately went to the lounge and placed my guitar on the couch.

Where are Kate and Marco?

I walked thoughout the house and stumbled upon them in the kitchen.

Oh hell no.

"MY EYES!" I screeched loudly and ran out of the kitchen. You don't want to see your older brother and his girlfriend intimate in the kitchen. I'm just lucky they are still wearing clothes.

Note for the future: call before coming.

"Lizzie? Is that you?" Marco asked, completely breathless. He showed his face, which was red and flustered. Kate looked the same they were both embarrassed.

"Uh, yeah. I should've called..." I muttered to them.

"You don't need to call, it's your home," Marco trailed... the redness from his face ceasing slightly.

"I will call," I told them before continuing saying, "I'm mentally scarred."

"Sorry Liz, we should've - "

"It's fine really," I said interrupting Kate, who had spoken for the first time, "Why don't you two sort yourselves out? I'll be in the lounge."

I then turned on my heel and headed for the lounge befire any of them could comment.

I sat down next to my guitar and brought it to my lap, I pushed the jealousy that was building within me and began to strum some random chords.

I was happy that Marco had someone, or he would be living alone here well, until I move back. Or maybe I'll get my own place like Mark had suggested a while ago.

But wouldn't that make me more isolated from the world then I already am?

"Sorry about that Liz," Kate said as she entered the room, interrupting my internal ramblings. I shrugged, it was nothing big.

"It's fine, you two are a couple," I replied to her and gave her a small, reassuring smile.

"Still. Anyways, talking about couples. How's it with Shane?"

If I had a drink I would've spat it out.

"What do you mean?" I asked, my voice coming out choked. Don't tell me she going to say some crap about Shane and I belonging to each other. Or that he likes me, or that I like him.

"Oh c'mon! You know what I mean! Have you kissed yet?"

"You are worse then Trisha."

"You didn't deny it."

"We haven't kissed, Kate." I told her firmly, I had stopped playing. It had been harder to play anyway with the cast on anyways.

"Oh, so there's nothing between you guys?" She asked dumbfounded.

"Nope, not at all," I said, she nodded it response and then frowned. "No I do not like him  like that, we are friends. So don't even ask," I continued before she could speak again. My words caused her to purse her lips.

"You might like him but you don't know it," She offered. I rolled my eyes at her, I wasn't in the mood.

I'm depressed.

"Maybe I do, maybe I don't Kate. Either way it can't happen," I said to her, there was a certain sadness in my voice.

Did I want to be with him?

Yes, he makes me happy.

But is that enough?

"I believe it can," Kate said and continued, "A dream is in the mind of the believer, and in the hands of the doer. You are not given a dream without given the power to do it."

I stayed silent. I didn't know what to say, Kate believed that one day that I would fall in love, preferably with Shane and be happy.

But did I want to fall in love? Was it my dream?

Yes, it was. I don't want to be alone anymore.

~*~

It was 4 o'clock when I got back to the board house. I spent just under 2 hours at home. I was sitting in the lounge doing the same thing I was doing when I was at home. Mindlessly strumming chords.

Depression seemed to take over me. All I could do is think, think about something, nothing, anything.

"Something's wrong," stated Shane. I looked up at him, he was sitting beside me, closer then I would've thought.

I just stared into his deep blue orbs. Oh, how I love his eyes.

"Did something happen?" He demanded, his voice firm yet gentle at the same time making me want to spill my heart to him. But that's exactly what I'm scared of, I need to keep a distance.

"I'm fine," I lied smoothly.

"I'm going to help you through it," He told me, reminding me of my words earlier. I don't know what came over me to say that to Shane, but I needed to talk to someone.

He observed me for a minute or so and then caught hold of my hand and got me to stand up. I had a tight grip on my guitar as he dragged me out of the room.

"Where are we going?" I asked him ignoring all the glances from everyone else who was now hanging around.

"Surprise."

Oh, not this again!

"C'mon Shane!" I whined as he now had me by his car. He opened the passenger door and pushed me gently inside and shut the door after taking my guitar and putting it in the back. He skirted around the hood and got into the drivers seat.

"It's not somewhere special, it's just... somewhere," He trailed, he seemed a little nervous and frazzled.

Where is he taking me?

* * * * * *

I updated, 3 days late, and I know short chapter. If you could give this chapter a rating out of ten, what would you give it? I'm curious.

Do you think I should put this story in the watty awards? I'm not sure if I should...

NEXT UPLOAD: Hopefully again this week, I'm really hoping I could I'm excited about writing the next chapter and guys, from now on the chapters should be better it's building up to the momentum! I'm so EXCITED!

Anyways where do you think Shane's taking her?

Anyways, ciao! xD Love you all

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

276 2 29
Kayleigh is a bitter woman. She works late as a forensic psychologist every day, hardly sees her children, and seeks revenge on the people who wronge...
6.1K 209 27
ORIGINALLY POSTED IN 2013 What will happen when a rumor is started about Alex cheating? With Kaylei's cousin. Will it bring him and Sarah closer toge...
2K 133 45
Rose's a long time friend of CC coma finds herself calling him for some help. CC coma and Rose were nothing but friends and CC thought of her as his...
940 42 17
VERY MATURE CONTENT 18+ (TRIGGER WARNING!!). Little Lizzie was just five year's old when her mom passed away from cancer, now being raised by her fat...