The Waitress and the Wolf (Bo...

Da ImmaNarwhal_nbd

Having been a runaway at 16, Venus makes her living as a waitress in a small town, with small minded people... Altro

Chapter 1. Table 4
Chapter 2. Appearances
Chapter 3. Blue Eyes
Chapter 4. Letters
Chapter 5. The Fourth Letter
Chapter 6. Last Night
Chapter 7. Cold Shoulders
Chapter 8. Day 5
Chapter 9. Bake-Off
Chapter 10. Repercussions
Chapter 11. The Beast
Chapter 12. Intimate
Chapter 13. The Guardian
Chapter 14. Birthday Party
Chapter 15. Fire
Chapter 16. Trapped
Chapter 17. Shaken
Authors note 1
Chapter 18. Questions
Chapter 19. The Call
Chapter 20: Like Chicago part 1/2
Chapter 20: Like Chicago part 2/2
Chapter 21: Surprise part 1/2
Chapter 21: Surprise Part 2/2
Chapter 22. Awakened
Chapter 23. Flicker
Hey
Chapter 24. Feeling Red
Chapter 25. Maybe
Chapter 26. On Her Terms
Chapter 27. Trust in Me
Chapter 28. Crisis
Chapter 30. Venus Fly Trap
Chapter 31. The Guardian
Chapter 32. The End

Chapter 29. Where We Belong

1.6K 98 10
Da ImmaNarwhal_nbd

I make no apologies for the dirtiness of the chapters (JUSSAYIN MWAHAHA)

"Her name is Morgiana," Reese explained, tightening his grip on Moira. 

I had made it a point to find Reese after everything with the woman who had snuck into my apartment, only to partake in some form of voodoo and take the air from my lungs.

I frown when I remember she asks me to tell Demetri and Reese her "hello". Suddenly, I'm picturing her next to Demetri, too close for comfort with that smirk on her pale, yet unfortunately perfect face. The thought makes my stomach churn.

That bitch.

I decided that I hated her.

"She's who we thought snuck into your apartment and broke the window. I didn't think she'd have the balls to come back," Moira says, biting her black lips. I still can't get over how Moira hid so much from me, but I was going to try and make this friendship work. 

"Why does she seem to hate me so much?" 

Reese sighed, and Moira shrugged nonchalantly. "Could be because you're the Guardian, could be because she's a psychotic slut," Moira replies, her bitterness only deepening. She too had the same reaction as I did when Reese's name came out of that witches' mouth.

"Well that's just great," I groan, rubbing my temples. Moira sips her coffee silently, surely walking on thin ice since our little fight not too long ago. Luckily it was settled, but now we're rebuilding what was broke, so it'll take time.

"She's not the ideal Peacekeeper, seeing as she usually does the opposite of said title. Have you told Demetri about this yet?" Reese asked, lifting his brow with the ring in it. A pang of guilt hit me as he mentioned his name.

All I can see are those massive paws and enormous jaws...

"No, not yet."

"Well the sooner the better, he should really know about this," Reese says with a light smile. I nod. "I know, wait..what time is it anyway?" I ask, feeling panic stir.

"Um, 6:50, why?" Moira asks. 

"Shit! I gotta go-"

"Why's that?" I freeze when the deep voice omits from behind me.

I don't move when I realize that his chest touches my back, and I find myself holding my breath.

"You weren't at your apartment," Demetri says, his eyes filled with ice. 

"No..." I glance at Reese who's rubbing his neck uncomfortably. That little snake told Demetri where I was! I scowl at him, only making him laugh nervously while Moira starts an argument with him.

"It seems you had a visitor you didn't tell me about," Demetri says. I turn to face him and feel my insides churn, in both a good and bad way. Good because his hair is slightly ran through as though he had jell in it but went to sleep with it, and it somehow came out hot? He's the only guy I know that makes me feel so weak at the knees. Did I really just say that? Then bad because I know I'm in for it since I didn't tell him about Morgiana.

"I think we're gonna go," Reese says, grabbing a disgruntled Moira who mouths "sorry" to me. Offering her a smile, she returns it and the two leave the coffee shop.

Demetri takes Reese's spot across from me, crosses his arms, and waits for me to speak.

"She just kind of snuck in and did some kind of...um, spell, on me," I say, feeling oddly nervous. The last time I saw Demetri we were taking a trip down memory lane. And wolf lane.

"It's called Magyk, all of the Peacekeepers have it. She just uses it at everyone's expense," He muttered, with a glance to the side as if remembering something. Crossing my arms, I wait for him to speak.

"Why did you tell Reese and Moira first?" He finally asks after what feels like minutes of awkward silence. When I look at him, his eyes are dark and refuse to show emotion.

"I figured with Reese being a Peacekeeper himself he'd know a lot about her...Moira just so happened to be there honestly," I say, biting my lip. Why do I feel so damn nervous around him all of the sudden? I thought knowing the truth might help me feel better, but now I'm just a pile of nerves.

"I get it, but I know just as much, if not more than he does. I wish you'd have told me first thing." 

His honesty surprises me and I'm caught off-guard. 

"A-are we still going to ... um... hangout tonight?" I ask, fiddling with the hem of my shirt.

I can feel his smirk from across the table.

"I would like to, if you're up for it," He says, eyes gleaming with mischief. My breath gets lost in my throat and I feel like coughing as he looks at me that way. It's that look that had me nearly giving myself to him only a month ago before I found out who he was...who I am.

"What did you have in mind?" I ask with a challenging grin.

We leave the coffee shop together in his car where he tells me a little bit more about Peacekeepers. He tells me of a boy named Tristan who will one day, possibly, take over as head of their council unless Reese steps in. The two are cousins, and while Reese is older, Tristan has a closer tie to the council's head. Henry...Harry.. something like that.

"Does it hurt?" I ask, as we continue to drive. So far, all I see are trees and then...oh..more trees.

"Does what hurt?" He asks, keeping his eyes on the road, driving with one hand on the wheel, the other fumbling with the air.

"You know. When you turn into a big ass dog," I say with raised brows. He lets out a dry chuckle.

"Only in the when you first turn. After that it becomes second nature. No different than allowing yourself to jump, or swim." 

I can't imagine myself turning into a giant wolf. All the different formations your bones have to take on cause me to shiver.

"We're here," He says, pulling into an empty gravel lot, forest ahead of us.

"You really have a thing for forests."

He looks at me with intensity, and I feel myself shut down.

"Yeah, I guess I do."

With that, he gets out of the car, comes to my side and lets me out. I smile and grab his hand as he offers it. My boots hit the rough ground, and I'm silently thanking myself for wearing combat boots and not sandals. 

"Come on," He says, keeping his back to me and his hand around mine. I look down at our contact, and feel no inclination to move it. The more I study it, the more I realize that our hands fit perfectly together..as if maybe designed for one another. I shake my head at myself, wondering who this sappy schoolgirl is that has taken over my brain.

He leads us into the woods, but luckily the trees are thickest at the entrance and it's really not as bad inside as I would have expected it to be. It's different from the Pines by the diner, less scary and intimidating. It doesn't feel as though every branch of every tree is eyeing you, which is relieving.

The leaves of the trees are a light green, shocking for this time of year. 

"You gonna kill me out here?" I ask with a teasing smile.

"Don't tempt me," He replies, staring up ahead. There's a big hill in front of us, and it looks like it's gonna take some labor to get up. He lets go of my hand, much to my dismay, and goes up as if it's nothing. Once at the top, he disappears on the other side. I ball my fists up. I refuse to look like an idiot.

I start my trek up the hill and curse when I struggle when I wish I wouldn't be. I'm this supposed Guardian who will "save all", but I can't even climb up a decently steep hill. If this Moon Goddess of theirs is real, then she has a real sense of humor.

I grunt when I make it to the top, clasping my hands over my knees to catch my breath.

"Took you long enough," Demetri says from afar. 

"Well we can't all have werewolf strength." As I straighten up, I notice there's a small lake at the top of this hill. It's not big, and makes me think that it's some sort of watering hole. It's gorgeous, with lilly pads lazily floating to and from, not venturing too far out of their place next to one another. Cattails jostle around the water as a slight breeze picks up. A few feet away from the water is Demetri, hands in his dark jeans. His white shirt contrasts his dark jeans and personality, but he looks awfully handsome. Who are you kidding, he looks like sex with legs.

I'm horribly embarrassed at my sub conscious, and I wish she'd go away seeing as I never had a problem with her before I met Demetri. At his feet is a red blanket, with food on platters and champagne bottles stored in an ice container.

"You..did this?" I ask, getting closer. He shrugged, seeming a little uncomfortable. "I had help," He admits, clearing his throat.  While this is usually something I'd deem as cheesy and prepubescent, neither of those descriptions seem to fit this scene. In fact, I'm rather astounded he thought to do this, knowing that most guys aren't even capable of thought. He sits down, one elbow on his knee while his free palm holds himself up. 

I sit cross legged.

"So," He starts, popping a grape from a fruit platter into his mouth.

"So.." I reiterate.

"I know about Chicago and all, but tell me more about you. This is only our second date after all, aside from the baking."

"Speaking of which, I so won that contest." He snorts as I say this.

"Well, I don't know, not much to know it would seem. Kind of feels like you know more about me than I do at this point," I joke, but feel a heaviness on my chest. 

He shrugs and lets out a deep breath.

"I only know what I was told. I want it all from the source," He smirks at me and I nearly choke on my pineapple that I've been nibbling on.

"Um, well...I really like to read. When I was younger, I wanted to go to college and be an English major. Maybe work in publishing or something."

"What do you like to read?" He asks.

"I've always liked Stephen King and although I find Shakespeare sappy, I like his Hamlet."

"I wish I was more of a reader. I wasn't really taught much about reading and writing. I mean, I can do it and all, but my future was pretty much written out for me due to my bloodline and DNA." There's almost like a hopelessness in his voice that I can't completely decipher. He only has that look in his eyes for a split second before he returns to being stoic.

"Did you even want to be the Alpha of this pack of yours?"

"At first no. I didn't want to be responsible, but I grew up and realized I had to protect all these wonderful people," He pauses, giving me a side eye glance, "which is why I'll never allow Landon to to succeed in forcing my pack into his. He doesn't know them like I do, and never will."

I frown, feeling guilty due to Landon's deal.

"What was your brother like?"

Demetri freezes, and I wonder if I've crossed a line. I'm about to apologize but he cuts me off.

"Loyal. He would go to war for his family and friends. He was younger than me, and my most trusted friend. Growing up, we were super close, doing everything together, getting one another into trouble. He was my best friend."

His words make my heart clench. "I wish I could have met him," I whisper gently. Demetri cracks a sad smile towards me, seeming vulnerable and younger than he really is.

"Me too. You two would've gotten along. Super obnoxious."

I feign a gasp, and throw a grape at his head. He's stunned, and stares at me as I hold my laughter in.

"Funny?" He asks, low in his throat.

"Comedic," I retort.

"It's good thing you like to laugh."

"What-"

But he tackles me to the ground, pinning my arms over my head with one hand. I feel hot at our closeness, and when I think he's about to kiss me, his hands reach down to my sides and I'm roaring with painful laughter. 

"Stop!" I growl in between breaths. He grins, something I've only seen rarely, and finally stops this torture after a few more seconds.

"You're so going to regret that!" I hiss as he backs up. He lifts an eyebrow as if to say "Are you serious? What could you possibly do?"

Feeling brave, I lunge at him, and although I believe he could have stopped me, he goes down easily. I didn't realize how we were positioned until I got here. I'm straddling him while his hands are by his head, waiting for me to move. He's not at all threatened, but entertained as his eyes shine with amusement.

I can't win with brute strength...but I have something else up my sleeve. It's payback time.

I start to slowly swirl my hips in a subtle circle.

"Venus, what are you..." But his eyes are shut and his head is lolled back. I find myself pleased with his reaction, so I speed up. I can already feel his excitement, which adds to mine.

"Venus, if you don't stop.." He can barely speak, and as I continue, he's clearly had enough of me in charge. His hand tangles itself in my hair and forces me down to his lips, where we both feel like we haven't been in ages. His lips feel just as they did before, and make me feel alive. He continuously ignites the fire that is me, and has me my head spinning. 

His tongue dances on my bottom lip, before he clamps down and I let out a shallow moan. He takes this moment to assault my tongue with his. My heart pounds when he pulls me closer and uses his strength to flip us around so that I'm on my back. I smile light, feeling blissful and excited for what's to come.

I never end on these kinds of cliffhangers lol

BUUUUT if you show me some love by voting and commenting well thennn maybe I may double update (;

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

4.8K 3.4K 64
Cover credits: SSS_Penname. Life doesn't move according to what we have planned. Destiny takes us through the unexpected, making us experience the un...
27 6 3
Rue is at a complete lost of what to do. After an accident that broke her right arm she's ashamed over her reaction to the news she may possibly neve...
247K 20.6K 62
Expelled from her old school for a crime she didn't commit, Ivy must gain the trust of the High Pack at Ridgeview Academy to stop her new home from g...
Venus (complete) Da Jammy

Narrativa generale

696 326 24
VENUS SHIRE: Once in her career time, she feel scared to death. She can't understand what was happening now. She doesn't know what to do yet, all she...