Three of Us (MalecxOC)

By SierraScott

Elena was born a Shadowhunter and Warlock but she chooses to hide her Shadowhunter lineage from anyone of the... More

TRAILER!!!
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
11
12 (End S1)
2.01
2.02
2.03
2.04
2.05
UPDATE 2/11/2024

10

15.9K 465 83
By SierraScott

Who's ready for a new chapter? Season 1 is almost over and I'm sad but I know Season 2 is just as good. Two updates in two days? I must be in my Malec feels ;) 

"All I know is we gotta get you out of here. Alright, who do we know in Idris?" Alex was pacing as he spoke to Izzy. I was just holding her hand in support. 

"The only people who care are mom and dad... but they're under suspicion themselves." My thumb rubbed the back of Izzy's hand. I just wish I knew of a way to help her. 

"How... What about Lydia?"

"Lydia?" I rolled my eyes really Alec? 

"Yea."

"Why do you keep going there. She's prosecuting me. She said she had no choice." Izzy got up letting my hand drop. 

"She doesn't."

"Everyone has a choice, Alec." Izzy's voice stern. "Let me just get through this without losing my self-respect."

"Look I know you don't want to believe this but Lydia said she would help if we give her a way to do it. Maybe I can get her to delay the trial." Izzy scoffs at the same time I do. 

"Why? So I can sit here playing computer solitaire while they find something else to blame me for? I'm just a scapegoat for the Clave, they want the cup."

"So let me buy some time to find it. Jace and Clary..."

"Disappeared through a door to god knows where. You said they're lost forever... So is the cup." Izzy sat down on the arm of the couch I was sitting on. 

"What if I was wrong? I can't find Jace because I weakened our bond but that doesn't mean he can't be found and he can't find us. We need more time."

"You're grasping at straws now?"Alec bent down to her level. had gotten off the couch and made my way over to her and got on my knees and placed a hand on her knees to show her that I was here for her. 

"Izzy, listen, I'm your big brother let me help you for once." I could tell by his tone he was willing to do almost anything to help her.

"If all else fails Izzy I'll take you away from here and hide you from the Clave. We will figure this out Izzy I promise you." I spoke softly but with a serious tone. I could feel Alec's eyes on me but I was still upset with him. "I feel a special connection to you and I feel like you're the sister I always wanted and I will not let the Clave use you just to get the cup."

I was in the training room when I saw Alec talking to Lydia hoping to stall the trial but even I knew it was a waste of time. The Clave will do what they want when they wanted. Suddenly Both Lydia and Alec froze and watched the entrance of the Institute. An older woman stepped in front of them and made Alec leave before only speaking to Lydia. Lydia looked almost nervous in her presence. Who was this woman? I seemed to get my answer when she looked to the Insitute and asked where her long-lost granddaughter was. 

"Elena Hernondale, where is she?" Lydia pointed towards me and my Grandmother looked at me before making a motion for me to go to her. I set my bo staff down and quickly made my way over. "We will be having your Rune Ceremony before Isabelle Lightwoods trial. Normally we would do such a ceremony in Idris but as you are my granddaughter I wanted you to be a true Shadowhunter as soon as possible. Please go and get ready, Lydia will help prepare you." She nodded towards me before walking away. I guess she wasn't one for affection. 

I took a shower before Lydia helped me into a crimson dress. My make up was light and I slipped on a pair of strappy red heels. I was happy I had someone helping me though I would have preferred Izzy's help, Lydia was just as helpful. 

Lydia lead me towards a sort of hall. I could tell this is where the trial was going to be held but right now I had to focus on the fact that my Grandmother was here in front of me and was about to give me my Angelic Rune of Enkeli if you know your runes. 

"Elena Herondale, daughter to Stephen and Celine Herondale, granddaughter to Imogen and Marcus Herondale do you promise to uphold the law? Follow the rules the Clave has set for all Shadowhunters?" Imogen looked me in the eyes as she spoke. 

"Yes, I Elena Herondale promise to uphold the law. Sed Lex Dura Lex, The Law is hard, but it is the Law." I could see a faint smile on her lips as she took her stele and began to brand me with the Enkeli Rune. I had chosen to have it placed on the back of my neck.  A scream bubbled in my throat but I held it back. I had to be strong and this burning pain was nothing. I could handle it. 

I gently placed my hair back down as I turned and looked at Imogen. I could see a look of pride in her eyes and even a gentleness that had just barely cracked through. 

"You remind me so much of your grandfather Marcus, he would have had so much joy knowing he had a granddaughter. I've only heard great things about you and I'm glad our family lives on past its mistakes." I could only nod and faintly smile at her. Her gray eyes giving away her emotion while her face was blank. 

"I would love to get to know you more Grandmother, maybe sometime we could have tea and talk? For now, I shall leave you as you have a trial to prepare for." I was hoping she would take me up on the offer of tea. I would love to learn about my parents. 

I was still confused though I had looked up the Herondale family tree and I would have only blood matched to be a Herondale if I was truly the daughter of Stephen Herondale. Which begged the question where did my Warlock Blood come from? Who was the man who I believed to be my father? I had more questions now than I did before. 

"After the Trial, if I have time before I go back to Idris we can have that tea. I would love to know more about my Granddaughter." I nodded at her and smiled. I wanted to hug her but I wasn't sure she would be up for it. "Before you go I have a gift for you. The family ring. This one belonged to your mother. Herons in flight." I took the ring from her and slid it onto my ring finger on my left hand. It was the only finger it seemed to fit on.

"Thank you, Imogen." Tears began to well in my eyes from this emotional moment but I held them back. I still wasn't sure how she felt about the whole emotions thing. I took my leave from the hall and hoped to see Izzy before her trial. I also wanted to tell Magnus that I had gotten my Angelic Rune. 

When I was in Izzy's room I showed her my new Angelic Rune and I also showed her the ring that had belonged to my mother. I knew she would have normally been very ecstatic for me but right now her mood was melancholy. 

"I'm happy for you Elena I truly am."

"I know you are Izzy and I know your trial is soon. So who did you pick to be your Advocate?"

"Magnus Bane." 

"Smart, he could bypass the Clave's rules as for when the rule was made the Clave never thought that a Shadowhunter would choose a Downworlder to be their Advocate. Izzy, I have a good feeling about your trial especially with Magnus Bane defending you. The Clave won't know what hit them Iz." 

The Trial: 

Magnus held the Soul Sword and told the truth as that he would defend Izzy with integrity. Imogen sat in The High Inquisitors chair as that's who she was. She didn't look too happy that Magnus Bane was the one defending Izzy but I was. I hide my expression though. 

"Make your case Warlock," Imogen spoke coldly.

"My case is simple. It is true Isabelle Lightwood acted against orders of the Clave by trying to free the Seelie Meliorn but she did not act against the interest of the Clave. Preventing the forced questioning and possible death of a Seelie may have saved the Accords."

"We're not here to speculate what might have happened if the defendant hadn't interfered." 

"You mean what might have happened if she hadn't stopped the Silent Brothers from torturing a Seelie."

"I await a valid argument. Do you have one?"

"What you really want is the Mortal Cup. My client doesn't have it. Since this whole proceeding isn't about what it's really about I move to have this case dismissed."

"You're out of order."

"Oh, this whole thing is out of order. It's not Isabelle's fault, it's the cup. Put the cup on trial." 

It was now Izzy's turn to be questioned. I twisted in my seat to get a better view of Izzy. Lydia began asking her questions.

"You have led us to believe that you alone have carried out this operation but Clary Fairchild was seen near the City of Bones that night."

"Maybe she was out for a walk."

"And you expect us to believe you distracted the guards and escaped with the prisoner all on your own?"

"Pretty slick right?" Izzy almost smirked in Imogen's direction. I couldn't help it a smile founds its way on my face and I hide it behind my hand. You go, Izzy!

"I suggest you think about how slick it would be if Valentine uses the Mortal Cup to raise an army of rogue Shadowhunters." Imogen looked at Izzy as she spoke.

"I don't want Valentine to succeed."

"Well, that's the first sane thing I've heard from you."

"You know what's insane? Thinking we have the right to treat a Downworlders life as worthless."

"Isabelle, I should warn you everything you say will be used in the verdict," Lydia added.

"Good. Consider this," Izzy stood up in confidence. "Valentine didn't just come out of nowhere. We use our angle blood to justify everything we do just like him, just like him we forget we are only part angles, we are part mundane. We can be afraid. Fear makes us cruel and we turn our fear to Downworlders just as Valentine did and just as he did we will end up turning on each other."

"You think we're doing that to you?" Imogen spoke up.

"You'll have to answer that yourself, Madam Inquisitor." 

After that Izzy took he seat next to Magnus. Silence filled the room before Magnus stood up.

"I'd like to call Lydia Branwell to the stand." 

"I don't see the relevance," Imogen stated.

"Well, that makes two of us. I don't see the relevance to this whole trial. Ms. Branwell if you'll take the stand." Lydia made her way over to the stand and sat down. "I just have one question. Why are you prosecuting this case?" 

"Answer the question Counsular," Imogen spoke as she looked at Lydia expectantly. 

"Because the Law is hard, but it is the Law." I rolled my eyes at Lydia's response. "But that doesn't make it right. We're trying someone for being compassionate, thinking for herself. She saved a life that was being sacrificed for nothing." 

"That will be enough Branwell."

"No. It isn't. Looking out at the faces here, a brother and sister here who disagree on everything except for how much they love one another and how loyal they are to each other. A man who took this case pretending to want payment in rare objects but who really believes injustice towards his friends is intolerable. Loyalty, decency, compassion, love these are the concepts we should consider to decide guilt or innocence in a case like this." My grandmother slammed her hand down on her chair. 

"Those are not the concepts of the Law. Now enough of this nonsense."

"I agree. The case is nonsense. I withdraw the charges." Lydia cuts off my Imogen. 

People stood up in celebration that Izzy would be free but I knew that wouldn't be the case. My Grandmother would have the last word. 

"If you think refusing to prosecute exculpates the defendant you are wrong. She is guilty. The defense was correct. The Clave wants the Mortal Cup. If it is returned within 24 hours this ruling will be vacated if it, not Isabelle Lightwood will be stripped of her runes and exiled from the society of the Shadowhunters forever." She slammed the gavel sealing her word. My good feeling was gone. If Jace or Clary didn't return to the Institute soon Izzy will lose all she has ever known. 

I stayed with Izzy in hope that Jace or Clary will be back soon. I didn't want to leave Izzy alone at a time like this. The Clave wasn't being fair any of this. Izzy only did what she thought was best. Izzy was laying in my lap as my fingers ran through her silky raven locks. Both of us lost in our own thoughts. 

Later on, I was relaxing by the fire with Magnus while Izzy walked around. Magnus apologized about losing the case but even I knew it wasn't his fault. Alec walked in and told us that Jace and Clary were back and that Izzy was free. I was so happy for her that after she hugged Alec I hugged her tightly. 

"See I told you, Izzy, I had a good feeling about tonight."

"Cupcake, don't forget you still owe me a dinner." He kissed me on the forehead and I couldn't help but blush. 

"Of course, Darling I would never forget. I'll call you later to discuss details." I kissed him on the cheek before he left as Alec walked him out. 

"You're free Izzy and I'm thinking we need a girls night with just us."

"I am definitely okay with that Elena." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.9K 558 21
Alec woke up feeling pretty normal, his boyfriend by his side as they cuddled in bed before work.But when he wakes up in the sight of a girl instead...
94.3K 3.8K 48
Alec's father works for Mr. Bane senior, and sometimes Alec gets a chance to work for him too. For instance when the young Mr Bane comes home. But Al...
136K 4.5K 47
some memories never leave your bones. like salt in the sea; they become part of you - and you carry them. + + + In which a stoic shadowhunter, a dem...