Brotherly Love, Sisterly Sin...

By Neheigh

When the press are alerted to the odd relationship between the heel siblings, things just go from bad to wors... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Birthday Special!!

Chapter 23

2.3K 72 13
By Neheigh

"You're not needed here Nii-san, now go," Setsu said as she turned her back on her beloved brother. The entire room was silent. The Heel siblings had only just arrived and here was Setsu instantly kicking her supposed most important man out of the room.

"Setsu?" Cain growled annoyed at her words. Could Setsu have had an epiphany and he was not to be present? He was not allowed to be here? Or was this Kyoko telling Kuon to go? Was this Kyoko's true feelings and rejection for the man he had come forward to be?

"Just go," Setsu said again in that solid as steel voice. Sayuri, Calvin and Lory looked on stunned as the Love Me pair simply stood there completely at a loss as to what to say. Why was Setsu pushing him away? Why was she pushing him away when he had needed her so much today?

Setsu never turned towards Cain, but she heard it. That small intake of breath as he was yet again about to speak.

"GO!" Setsu screamed as she turned and spun towards him and pointed at the door. They all watched in complete horror as a cold look fell over Cain's face before he turned and stalked out of the door slamming it behind him. The impact of the doors shook the room. But Setsu never saw them. Once her most important man had turned away so had she. She leant against the large solid desk as she fought back the tears of the pain she had just caused in his eyes.

It's for his own good! Setsu and Kyoko tried to convince themselves as they felt the doors slam like a physical smack to the face.

It's for his own good! She repeated.

"Kanae and Chiori I know its a thankless task, but please make sure my Nii-san doesn't do anything stupid," Setsu said quietly as the first few tears fell.

No one in the room could see her face as the Heel seniors and Lory had been seated in the comfortable sofas off to one side and the two Love Me girls were still by the door.

"Why Setsu?" Kanae asked softly.

"I think Nii-san's had enough bad memories for today." And with those words Kanae knew Setsu knew something more than they did.

She had not have sent Cain away to hurt him like she may have done in the past for her own personal satisfaction. Like the time she said she played with Fuwa Sho because her brother did not want her. She had sent Cain away to protect him. And who was she to stop the most courageous act she thought she had ever seen Setsu preform?

She was hurting herself to save him.

"Ok Setsu, I understand." With that Kanae bowed and left the room slowly.

Chiori followed asking no questions. She may not completely understand, but the respect with which Kanae had treated her bowing as she did spoke louder than words as the Love Me girls shut the door behind them Setsu and Kyoko sobbed violently.

Julie was beside her like lightning comforting the girl holding her closely as she tried to understand just what was going on. Why was she like this? Why had she sent their son away? She knew who he was now so had she completely rejected him? But she had sounded so broken when she had said her nii-san had enough bad memories for today.

What was this all about? And why was it hurting the girl she had come to love like a daughter so much?

"I understand now." Kyoko managed to sob out. Setsu had fled as soon as the door had clicked the final time as her best friend had left. Turning into Julie's arms she buried her head there and cried helplessly.

"I understand now, it's not Cain Heel they're after and it's not Setsu... It's Kuon.. they are after Kuon." The room stilled instantly at her words.

Julie gasped as her hand shot to her mouth covering it in her pure shock.

"Mogami-san, you have to be mistaken," Lory said as he approached slowly with Kuu.

"No one even knows who the Heels are never mind who Ren is. How could they be after Kuon?" Lory asked as he stared at the eyes of the terrified looking girl.

"I don't know, but can't you see? Every time anything has happened it wasn't aimed at Cain... it was aimed at me. Kuon has a horrible past, I know that now. I know he was angry and he would lash out at people for the smallest things.

So they attacked him in the best way they saw. They were not trying to hurt us. They were trying to make Cain lose his temper to make Kuon come out."

And even though it should have been impossible. It should never have been able to happen in the way Kyoko spoke it all made sense. The pepper spray attack, the reporter asking about Setsu's honour as a woman. Hell if they thought about it maybe even the whole incest scandal. In America it probably was frowned upon worse than in Japan even? If it had not been an act, if they had really wanted to get at Kuon in the old days saying something like that would have tipped him over the edge. Hell saying he had dirty blood had tipped him over the edge.

"Excuse me," Kyoko said.

With her tears dried she turned back to the laptop and started searching topics in the internet search bar. The three people looking over her shoulder were stunned at the information Kyoko was able to pull up from internet sites, old magazines and newspapers in the drop of a hat. They were all about that night. The night Rick died. It was all there in print as Setsu started scouring the pages reading the information almost as quick as her beloved Moko-san. Then she saw it.

The name she had hoped not to find, the person who she believed was the cause of all of this. The person who was attacking her most beloved man, not for his crimes in this life as Cain Heel and not for his crimes in his life as Tsuruga Ren. They were extracting crimes for Hizuri Kuon and they were doing it in the only way they knew.

"Oh Kuon," Kyoko said as she flopped into the chair that Lory's aid Sebastian had pulled up for her. It was all there in black and white and Kyoko understood now. She understood just how deeply this hatred ran.

"Kyoko?" Kuu questioned as four sets of eyes stared at the now defeated looking girl.

"We need to figure out what to do," Kyoko said softly as the four people in the room all sat down in the chairs to listen to the girl who seemed to know all.

"Where do you think he's going?" Chiori asked as they followed Cain Heel while he furiously stalked through the hallways of LME. Kanae shrugged as she watched people scurrying before the man who looked like he brought death in his wake.

"Not sure. Though to be honest I'm not even sure he knows." Chiori nodded as they followed Cain on his rampage.

Kanae was right too. Kuon didn't know where he was going. He wasn't really paying attention either as his eyes were veiled in red. He was furious! How dare she kick him out! how dare she push him away! Hadn't he given her his all? Hadn't he laid everything out for her in black and white how much he needed her? How much he cared for her? And all she could do was push him away and reject him like that!

After everything she had done for him today. Hell she had even allowed him to touch her body in ways he knew Kyoko would never allow if she did not care for him! But no she had been Setsu after all... and he had been Cain. But then?

Why did she call him Corn? Cain stopped. He couldn't understand her as he turned and punched the wall venting his frustration with a cry.

"WHY SETSU!"

Everyone in the vicinity disappeared like frightened rabbits into their burrows at the pure terror the man invoked. Only two people remained standing in that hallway and everyone who had half an ear on the door listening decided one of them had a death wish.

"To protect you, Baka!" Kanae stated suddenly and firmly standing there bold as brass with her arms crossed over her chest.

"I do not need protecting," Kuon growled back in full anger as he looked at the woman before him.

"Yeah right. So your complete mental breakdown at the set today was all an act then?" Kanae asked again in that I-don't-really-care-but-I-will-say-it-anyway tone.

Kuon didn't know how to answer that. Before he would have simply lashed out. Well if she had not been a woman.

"You watched him die." It was not a question it was a cold hard fact and Kuon almost collapsed again under the weight of Kanae's words as he tried to figure out how the hell she would know that.

"Setsu told me. When you were younger you watched your best friend die in a pool of blood. And even though she wasn't sure what happened something had gone bad and your best friend paid for it. Setsu was not pushing you away to hurt you Cain-san. She was pushing you away to protect you."

It was like someone had tipped a bucket of ice cold water over Kuon's spirit as Ren and Cain had to support the figure that had moments ago been so strong in his misplaced rage. Kyoko. Kyoko was trying to protect him from his own mistakes and his own past.

"I do not know what Setsu has figured out, but I do know that Setsu loves you so much she sent me and Chiori to look after you. I know she loves you so much she was willing to push away the man that means more to her than anything in the world. The man in whose arms she truly feels safe and trust me I know how much not having that person near you hurts." Chiori was stunned as Cain slumped forwards against the wall with his head resting on his arm as he breathed in deeply.

"Now if the tantrum is over? We shall walk calmly and quietly to our office where we will sit down, have a drink and wait until we are told otherwise. Do I make myself clear Cain-san?" Kanae was pure authority as she looked upon the man.

Chiori wondered where Kanae got the bravery from. She had been terrified after Cain had slammed his fist into the wall like that but it only seemed to make Kanae stronger. When Cain didn't move or say anything for a few moments Kanae's stance changed slightly as she sighed and the voice she used next was almost caring as she added softly.

"And if you're a good boy I will even let Chiori here tend your hand."

Chiori was shocked by Kanae's words. Her! Tend to his hand! What! Chiori looked to the hand Cain had punched the wall with hanging limp at his side which was slowly dripping blood onto the floor from the split knuckles. Chiori's sharp and shocked intake of breath was all Ren needed to compose himself fully. Pushing Kuon away he pulled out Cain but also stayed close to the surface.

"You know Setsu was right. You three really could take me easily." his voice was quiet yet it traveled just far enough for the two Love Me girls to hear.

Kanae smirked. Ren knew Kyoko must have got from her best friend when making Setsu's character.

"Good boy, come on then let's go get you cleaned up before Setsu doesn't think we're doing our job properly," Kanae said as she waited for Cain to push off the wall and walk towards them slowly. It was as she was turning to walk back the way she had come she noticed Chiori's face which looked frozen in fear.

"What's the matter Chiori?" she asked suddenly worried about her younger friend and her expression.

"You don't think Setsu's going to shout at me again do you?"

Kanae couldn't help it as she laughed and shook her head. "I'm surrounded by bakas I swear," she said though she offered Chiori a comforting smile before tossing her thumb over her shoulder to indicate Cain.

"No he'll be the one doing the scolding you can bet. Now come on I don't think anybody will be getting any work done around here with someone's temper tantrum."

Cain couldn't help it as he scoffed slightly at those word's.

There was still hope. She didn't hate him. He had to keep believing that.

"I can't believe it!" Julie said as she slumped back down in her chair after hearing Kyoko out entirely.

"How can this be possible?" the whole room was silent and in shock.

Kyoko's words should not be true! They should not be able to be true.

"I do not think they know that Cain is Tsuruga Ren. But I think it all may have started because of back then." Again all eyes were on her. "Cain had taken me shopping. It was the first night as the Heel siblings in the hotel. He told Setsu he wanted to spoil her and brought her ten pairs of trousers. We argued over it a little and eventually came to a compromise where Cain would take six pairs back and Setsu would keep four pairs.

I was waiting outside for him as Setsu when some men approached me asking them to go play with them. I tried to blow it off and said they would have to ask my most important man first. They asked me who it was and I had pointed to Cain of course.

It all escalated from there and if what Kuon told me was true, his fighting style was classed as very unique when he was younger. It was a style all of his own combining stunts and hsnd to hand combat and many different types of fighting techniques until he had created his own. I should have seen it sooner. He was there that day and watched the entire thing never getting involved just watching astounded as his friends got beaten to a pulp by the man in a black trench coat.

If Kuon's style was so unique, someone he knew would have known him instantly. Who was to say when Kuon disappeared at age 15 he did not move to England to be adopted into the Heel family? Who is to say that Cain could not be Kuon when he moved and fought like the boy he had known so well?" Kyoko leaned her head back as she looked up at the ceiling fighting the tears which were yet again threatening.

"God this is all my fault!" Kyoko cried to the ceiling as Julie grabbed one hand whilst Kuu grabbed her other.

"Do not say that Kyoko! How can you truly believe this is all your fault!" Kyoko lowered her head down and looked both of the people she cared about so much in the eyes.

"Because if I had not have been there, if they had not approached me and asked me to play. I would not have told them to ask Cain and he never would have fought them for my sake." Kyoko's words rang true. Truer than any of them wished to comprehend, yet still none of them blamed her.

"Kyoko-chan, if this is anyones fault it's my own." Lory said softly trying to take the blame of the girl who was attacking herself mentally so much.

"No President, it's not. You were right Kuon needed me, even though I do not know why. Kuon will respond to me in those dark moments. He says I pull him back and he needs me there. You only did what you knew was in the best interests of Kuon."Kuu cut in before Kyoko could continue blaming herself for what was simply an accident.

"And Kuon did what was in the best interest of you, Kyoko. This is nobody's fault Kuon did what he has been taught to do all his life. He protected what was precious to him. He stood up and protected a woman when she could not do so himself. Do not give me reason to not feel pride in my son Kyoko. Kuon did what any true man would do that day and honestly even with everything that has happened could not be prouder than my son for loving and looking after you." There was that word again Kyoko thought as she allowed Kuu to cup and stroke her cheek gently. That word people were using to connect her and Kuon. Her and Ren. Love.

Kyoko didn't speak nor did she deny Kuu's words even though both Julie and Lory had caught it. Kyoko's hated word. Love. Kyoko never even flinched and Julie's chest swelled with hope as did Lory's. It seemed in some respects Kyoko was pulling down her walls. In some deepest part of Kyoko she was letting Kuon in.

"We still need a plan to confirm this," a voice spoke for the first time as all eyes darted to Sebastian. He had his own laptop out confirming Kyoko's thoughts on who had been writing the unsigned notes.

"Yes we do," Lory said as he stroked his chin thoughtfully.

"No. No we don't," Kyoko said softly once more all eyes focused on her as she continued.

"There is already a perfect plan set in stone for us to use. We just need to get there." Kyoko said as she looked down at her hands held by the two people she had been calling Mom and Dad for the past week.

"Of course!" Lory cried as he realised how perfect Kyoko's words were!

"When are they filming it?" Lory cried eyes almost bugging out as Kyoko slowly looked up to face the president of LME and her boss.

"Tuesday."

"Tsh! Just a little more and I will have you! Just a little more and you will pay for everything you did!" Riona's heart froze as she listened to the voice which sounded half mad to her ears. She had heard his voice back then. And even though she had thought she would think on it later she never had and now here it was again to haunt her.

She needed to get to LME and fast. She needed to warn someone of her suspicions. She may not know who or how, but she was not going to allow anyone to hurt the people she would like to one day call friends.

Riona was amazed when she was not only admitted past the front desk but personally escorted up to no one else but the President of LME's office. She couldn't help but feel the tingle of fear as she repeated her story to the very rich, famous and powerful man seated behind his large oak desk.

"And you're sure on the name you have given me Riona-san?" Lory asked quietly his fingers steepled before him, Riona nodded.

"I'm at most of the shoots. My part is only a bit part but as the forensic officer on the BJ case I'm there for most of the scenes either in the background or generally around the set."

Lory nodded in understanding. "You are a very talented young lady, Riona-san. May I ask if you are on a fixed term contract with your current agency?" The sudden change in conversation was almost overwhelming to Riona as she wondered suddenly what the powerful man before her was getting at.

"You see, I like clever proactive people like yourself, Riona-san. And if there was any way that I could I would like to bring you into the family here at LME." Lory's voice was calm his face had a soft smile. He liked the woman before him. All the Heels and Director Konoe had commended the woman who was seated before him. She could have brought herself into great personal risk and accepted that all for the sake of the people who had been a bane on her professional life.

"I have no fixed contract, Takarada-shacho." Riona whispered as Lory's face split into a wide and happy grin.

"Excellent! I will have my staff start working on drawing up a contract here for you and sorting it out with your agency."

Riona could hardly believe her ears. She was just a small actress and had never even really played a supporting role. Sometimes like with Tragic Marker she had quite a bit of screen time, but never had she been important.

But what could she say when the man before her dressed as what she guessed was an elf was making all of her dreams come true?

"Thank you." Riona said quietly as silent tears of pure happiness trickled down her cheeks and the only reply that Lory could ever give to that.

"You're very welcome."

It wasn't late yet still Setsu and Kyoko felt drained. As soon as she had left the President's office she was Setsu once more. Kanae was correct. When Setsu had seen Cain's bandaged hand she had indeed scolded her brother very loudly for his stupidity before almost teleporting into his lap and snuggling into his chest repeating the word 'baka' softly over and over again.

It was a happy sight to see Cain wrap his arms around his sister and hold her tightly as Setsu sought the strength and safety she never failed to find there. It had been to Chiori's joy when they were leaving LME to go back to the hotel Setsu had thanked her personally and insisted Cain thank her in front of her so she knew he had done so properly.

Cain watched Setsu closely as her eyes started to drop lower and lower over the dessert which had been brought up for after their main meal.

"Bedtime Setsu," Cain had said as he stood and scooped his beloved sister into his arms as if she weighed nothing at all.

While he held her princess style Setsu never complained as she snuggled closer into Cain's shirt breathing in deeply and sighed in contentment as her eyes started to close again.

"No sleeping yet, Setsu. You still need to change."

"I'm sorry, Nii-san." Setsu whispered softly into his ear as she laid her head gently on his shoulder.

"What for Setsu?" Cain asked thinking he knew the answer but wanting the comfort her apology would bring him.

"For today, for sending you away. I just couldn't bear to see you empty again, Nii-san," Setsu said softly as she turned her head down and pushed her forehead onto his shoulder.

Cain, Kuon and Ren after Kanae's words could fully understand this. hell if she would have explained sooner instead of just sending him away he could have understood it. He could not even begin to imagine what it must be like to see him in such a condition. She had told him before how scared his episodes made her.

"It's Ok,Setsu. You don't need to apologise. That should be my line," Cain said as he unlocked their hotel room door and closed it behind them before dropping Setsu gently onto her feet.

It wasn't until both of them were ready for bed again that they spoke once more.

"It's not your fault Kuon. I will never blame you for it."

And with those parting words that shocked Kuon to the core, Kyoko climbed into her own bed and turned her back on him. Kuon could only hope that this meant Kyoko was willing to forgive him yet he did not want to push her. She had obviously ended the conversation.

Climbing into his own bed Kuon could not resist adding one finishing sentence before he turned off the lights.

"You're beautiful, Kyoko. Inside and out."

Well we are getting there, next chapter will I finally put you all out of your misery and tell you the culprit?

Maybe :P

thanks for reading

Neh xxx

Comments and reviews please, I will happily reply to PM's and questions

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.9K 808 36
There are 8 girls and they find there self getting kidnapped by a Mafia named BTS.. How will the boys treat them once they capture them.. will they b...
1.6K 5 19
Romi and Jennie are requested to take care of all the previously caught Teeniepings since the kingdom is being rebuilt, however new problems had arri...
42.9K 1.1K 18
sequel to neighbors ((: what's going to happen when hunter and y/n come face to face again after 2 years? will the secrets make things worse or bette...
Confident By Mell

Fanfiction

123 5 30
When the queen died, their home also go down with the queen. The three siblings, wonder with a help of their teacher. Slowly their learn about the Ov...