You Don't Love Me Anymore

Door BerjhawnGideon

Summary: This is an AU. Reader and Bucky were married, until she caught him cheating on her. She then gave hi... Meer

Intro
Chapter 1 - Six Years Later
Chapter 2 - Worries
Chapter 3 - Steve
Chapter 4 - The Talk
Chapter 5 - Our Drama
Chapter 6 - Hearing Her Side
Chapter 7 - Facing Each-other
Chapter 9 - Past Fears
Chapter 10 - Paranoia
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 8 - The Hard Questions

2.4K 81 14
Door BerjhawnGideon

Lily smiles as she sits on the riverbank a fishing pole in her hand. Thor had woken her up earlier than usual so that they could spend the morning together. She casts her reel causing the lure to fly out over the surface until it plops into the middle of the river her little bobber bobbing up and down on the surface as the current tries to take it away. "Good job sweetheart." Thor says as he sits down next to her making her smile brightly.

"I like my little bobber. It's cute." Lily says as the bobber bobs up and down against the current.

"Sweetheart, did your mom happen to mention who was coming by today?" Thor asks his eyes focused on the bobber.

"No, is someone coming today?" Lily asks her eyes focused on her bobber.

"Yeah, um, your birth father." Thor answers making Lily's eyes widen slightly.

"He's coming today?" Lily asks her hands turning sweaty.

"Yeah, your mom wanted to talk to him about some things before he met you." Thor adds resting his arms on his knees. He glances over at Lily to see worry filling her icy blue eyes. "You okay?"

"I don't know." Lily replies reeling in her line so she can set her fishing pole down on the bank beside her. "I'm worried."

"Worried about what sweetheart?" Thor asks reaching back to gently rub her back.

"Are you gonna be okay?" Lily asks meeting her father's eyes.

"Oh sweetheart, I'm okay, why are you worrying about me?" Thor asks his heart clenching for her.

"I'm worried that meeting my real dad might hurt you." Lily replies as she fiddles with her fingers.

"Lily, I know where you're coming from but you meeting and getting to know your dad isn't going to hurt me. I know you love me and I just want you to be happy. Whatever happens, I will always be here for you." He says hugging her side.

"I love you daddy." She says a smile covering her lips as she hugs him back.

"I love you too." He replies kissing her forehead. "Now why don't we head back. We have enough fish for dinner."

"Okay, but can we take the long way?" Lily asks a hopeful smile on her lips.

"Of course," He replies moving to his feet before he dusts his blue jeans off. He holds his hand out to Lily to take and she smiles as she lets her dad lift her up off the ground with little to no effort. She hands him her fishing pole and he quickly disassembles it before he places into one of the saddle bags. "You need help getting up on Domino?" Thor asks as he looks over to see his six-year-old daughter struggling to pull herself up into the seat.

"NO, I can do it." Lily replies taking a step back before she walks up to Domino's white sock and gently reaching out makes the mare start to kneel her head and chest down. "Stay Dom." Lily orders and the horse remains still. Lily quickly uses her chance to pull herself up into her saddle and once her feet are secure in the stirrups she gently pats the mares neck and says, "Ok, you can stand up."

"Did Odin show you that?" Thor asks a smirk filling his lips.

"Nope, grandma Frigga did." Lily replies a bright smile filling her lips.

"Of course, she did." Thor add as he swings his leg up over the saddle pulling himself up into the saddle of his golden stallion. "Are you ready?"

"Yup." Lily answers and he nods as he squeezes his legs slightly making his golden stallion start walking back toward the house.

Upon arrival Lily stares at the rental car worry filling her tiny body. She manages a glance in Thor's direction to see his brows furrowed slightly and she grips tight to the split reins in her grasp. Her dad might not tell her outright that he was upset about her meeting her real father, but she knew, it hurt him a little bit. Riding into the barn she pulls the reins back gently causing Domino to stop and glance back at her. Horses were smart. They could tell when their riders where feeling uncomfortable. Lily gives her a reassuring pat before swinging her leg over the saddle horn and letting herself slide down the stirrup her feet landing softly on the cool cement floor.

"Leave the saddle on for now," Thor says catching Lily's attention. "Marco will take care of it. You get ready to go inside." Lily pauses as Marco walks up and gently ruffles her hair before reaching out to take Domino's reins.

"I don't want to go alone." Lily says barely above a whisper as she looks down at her feet. Thor pauses his hands hovering over the front girth strap. He glances over toward Lily to see the worry on her face and he lets out a heavy sigh.

"Marco, can you take Butterscotch too?" Thor asks his eyes meeting his ranch hands.

"Sure, thing boss." Marco says gently patting Thor on the back before he leads Domino down to the tack room.

"Come on, I'll go with you." Thor says holding his hand out for Lily to take. A soft smile fills her lips as she reaches up and grips tightly to his hand. They both take a deep breath before they start the walk to the front door and what lied beyond it. As they reach the door Lily pauses in her steps, her hand gripping tightly to his. Thor stops, his eyes glancing at his daughter to see her staring at the door her little brow knit up tight. "Lilyanna... are you scared?" He asks and her face shoots to him as a look of offense fills it.

"Odinsons do not get scared dad." She argues pulling her hand from his to fold them over her chest.

"Oh, my apologies dear lady." Thor replies giving her a brief nod.

"Apology accepted." She says letting her hands fall to her side, but her brow remained furrowed.

"You know, it is okay if you are scared. There would be mothing wrong with that."

"But you never get scared." She retorts her eyes looking up at him causing him to kneel down to her eye level.

"Oh sweetheart," Thor starts his eyes turning soft as he reaches up to gently hold her tiny shoulders. "Let me be honest with you. When your dad showed up, I was scared that you and your mom would go back with him. Hell, I still am; But you deserve to know your father. You have the right to choose what you want. I know your mom loves me and I love her. I know she would never do anything to hurt me, as I would never do the same to her. She has been hurt in the past and that makes her cautious."

"Is that why she won't marry you?" Lily asks, and he nods.

"It is; but your mother and I are working through that together. My darling daughter do not be afraid of being scared. Bravery comes from fear. Can you be brave for me?" He asks but her eyes look down at the ground. "Have courage my child. Have courage to take this first step into the future. No matter what, I will always be with you. Okay?" She ponders a minute before she answers.

"You promise?"

"I promise." He answers giving her shoulders a quick squeeze before she pulls from his embrace to hug his neck. He hugs her tightly as he tries to be strong for her. When she pulls away he smiles and says, "Now, you ready?" She takes a deep breath and letting it out nods her head. "Then let's do this."

Thor opens the door and walking in let's Lily follow behind him. "(Name)?" he calls into the house wondering where they were.

"We're in here." She replies from the living room making Thor nod as he reaches back to take Lily's hand and lead her towards them. Reaching the doorway Thor looks over to see (Name)'s ex-husband sitting on the couch a look of pure fear filling his eyes. Thor didn't know why but he felt slightly calmed by the sight. "Lily honey, can you come over here for a second? There is someone who would like to meet you." (Name) says making Thor tense slightly his papa bear instincts kicking in. (Name)'s eyes find his causing him to relax slightly.

Bucky stands up next to her and Thor feels Lily grip tightly to his hand. Thor gives her hand a reassuring squeeze causing her to slowly peak around his legs at Bucky. "It's alright sweetheart." Thor says causing Lily to look up at him hopefully. He gives her a soft smile which gives her the push she needs to slowly move around to stand in front of him. (Name) closes the distance between her and Lily before she kneels down to meet her eyes.

"Lily, this is Bucky." (Name) starts causing Lily to look over (Name)'s shoulder at the man standing behind.

"So, this is my dad." Lily asks causing (Name) to nod in agreement.

"Would you like to meet him?"

"I would." Lily replies making (Name) smirk.

"Okay," (Name) holds her hand out Lily who takes it and lets her mom lead her over to the man. Bucky gulps down a breath of air as he kneels to meet Lily's gaze as he says, "Hello Lily, my name is James; but my friends call me Bucky."

"Hello Bucky." Lily greets making his jaw tighten as he tries to hold his emotions back.

"I'd like to get to know you if that's okay, and I'm willing to answer any questions you have."

"You'll answer any questions I have?" Lily asks making Bucky nod. "Good, cause I have a few." Lily announces straightforwardly making Bucky smirk.

"If you need us, we'll be right over here." (Name) says pulling Thor over to the side of the room so Lily and Bucky could talk. Lily looks over at Thor and her mom for a moment before Thor gives her a reassuring smile. Lily smile back before she walks over to the couch Bucky following after her. Once they are seated and Lily makes sure she can still see her mom and dad she turns to Bucky.

"Okay, what would you like to ask me?" Bucky asks as he sits down beside her.

"My dad is thirty-four years old, how old are you?" Lily asks folding her hands over her lap like an actual interviewer.

"The same actually, I'm thirty-four as well." Bucky answers smiling softly at her actions.

"You're both old." Lily says making Bucky chuckle as he slowly nods his head.

"Just a bit. What else would you like to know?"

"Where do you live?"

"I live on the upper east side of Manhattan in New York City."

"Sounds fancy, is your house as big as mine?"

"I live in a condo. So, no, it's not as big as your house, but since it's just me I don't really need too much room."

"You live alone? Isn't that lonely?" She asks making Bucky's heart clench as he nods slowly.

"Kind of, but I have some friends that keep me company."

"Like Uncle Steve?" She asks and Bucky nods.

"Yeah, he's been my best friend since I was about your age."

"Good to know." She says her bright blue eyes staring into his own. Bucky feels his heart clench at the sight of them. She had his eyes and his hair color. She even looked like him. Bucky wanted to hug her, but he knew it was too early for that. So, he offers her a soft smile and lets her continue asking him questions. "Do you like dogs or cats?"

"Both, but I probably lean more towards dogs."

"Good." Lily says with a nod off acceptance. "Why did you hurt my mom?" She asks making Bucky's heart drop.

"I don't really know how to answer that." Bucky says as he pulls his hands into his lap as he starts to fiddle with his fingers. "Um, the truth is, I didn't really mean to hurt anyone. Does that excuse me from my actions? No, it doesn't. I made a mistake, and it turned into the biggest mistake of my life because it took me away from you." He pauses his eyes glancing over to see Lily's were focused on his every move. "Lily, I'm not gonna lie to you. Your mom and I were in a bad spot, I should have worked things out with her but instead I took the easier way out and just let her go." He turns to see (Name) and Thor talking amongst themselves and he lets out a sigh. "But it turned out better for the both of you in the end."

"My dad really loves my mom." Lily adds and Bucky nods.

"I can tell." Bucky says a sad smile filling his face.

"Why did you wait so long to find us?" Lily asks making Bucky clear his throat as it tries to loosen the knot growing in it.

"I was dating someone else. She made me happy. One day she started talking about marriage and babies and it got me thinking about your mom. You see when we first started, your mom and I had high hopes for our future; but things can change. Life got complicated and when I should have stayed by her side I stepped out. When she left me, I knew I deserved it; but the moment Dot brought up starting a family I realized that I only wanted to do that with your mom. So, I hired some people to find her, and they did. They also found you." Bucky adds making Lily look down at her hands.

"I was so shocked when I found out about you that I couldn't think straight. At first, I was angry that she didn't tell me; but the more I thought about it I understood her actions. I wouldn't have told me either. I didn't deserve to be your father."

"Why do you wanna be now?" Lily asks her eyes looking up to gaze into his. "I already have a dad."

"You're right," Bucky pauses as he turns to meet Thor's anxious gaze, "And he's a great one." He turns back to look at Lily as he continues, "Lily, I don't want to replace your dad and I'm not going too. I would just like to have the chance to be someone that you can rely on. I would like to be in your life; but if you don't want me here, I won't push you."

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

14.3K 461 27
A Bucky Barnes x Reader x Steve Rogers fanfiction. True love never dies. . . or does it? Life in the modern world seems to be going well for Y/N b...
112K 1.2K 18
Bucky x reader and Natasha x reader fanfic I do not own the characters used in this fanfic. All characters are owned by MarvelStudios smut/fluff I'l...
67.2K 1.8K 32
{steve rogers x reader} {bucky x reader} y/n was 16 when she was kidnaped by hydra. years later she is found in an hydra base by the avengers. she is...
127K 4.2K 33
These two college friends have had years to grow together. Each being the others support system, adventure buddy, movie night partner, and dorky room...