Taking Back The World! (A Pac...

By TrickyNici

The Becket brother's have always considered, the tell-it-like-it-is beauty, Lila Yale apart of their family... More

Lieutenant Lila Yale, reporting
Gypsy Danger's Fall
15 Months of waiting, Sydney Shatterdomes and Hansens
Bloody Noses
Prolonged Stays, Becoming Friends and Nervous Breakdowns
It's ok to move on, Lila...
....The Drift
Tests and Begging
The Long Lost and Ever Handsome...
Discoveries and Little Heartbreaks
Working and Dealing.. Again..
Hand Cramp of the Century
Jury's back from Diliberation
Drift Compatibilty
Memories and Kisses <3
AUTHOR'S NOTE!
Jaeger Deployment and Hibuck
Your Glory Ranger's Pilot?
Down the RABBIT hole and into the Fire
Words unspoken during a Double Event
Cherno Alpha, Crimson Typhoon and Glory Ranger
Keep Calm and Love a Jaeger Pilot <3
Be Prepared For War
Cancelling the Apocolypse!
The Fall of a Titan
TAKING BACK THE WORLD!!

The Beginnings of the rest of our lives ❤ With the promised Teaser! ;p

7.1K 193 43
By TrickyNici

Alrighty, here it is! The inevitable ending to my masterpiece! its heartbreaking to end this for you awesome readers but I hope you love this chapter as much as I do! It's most definately one of my favorites! An extremely awesome shout out to Mistybella15 for being such a great editor, and friend, through the home stretch of this story and I am happy to announce that we will be working together again to bring you more great works of Pacific Rim writing! :D Thanks a billion girly, your the best! Now, I wont keep you anymore, here it is! ENJOY MY MASTERPIECE!

Disclaimer: I only own Lieutenant Lila Yale and my own twist on Del Toros amazing movie! Enjoy!

~ ~ ~ Several Years After The Breach Collapse ~ ~ ~

Herc had that damn television way to loud.

Not only could I barely hear the buzzers on the stove go off when the food was done, I couldn’t even hear myself think. That didn’t stop my brain for zipping from one random thought to another, keeping my nerves on edge the whole time I was preparing Raleigh’s favorite meal; steak with mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and a very special, and secret dessert.

Just as I leaned down to adjust the heat on the stove, I felt large hands on my hips, rubbing slowly against the fabric of my shirt. I straightened, a smile on my face as I pressed my back against Raleigh’s chest, feeling him press kisses in my hair, on my neck, and on my cheek. His arms wound around my waist and kept me flush against him.

“Good evening, Mrs.Becket.” He mumbled in my ear, making my smile widen.

I turned around in his arms, resting my elbows on his shoulders as I played with his hair. The man I had affectionately called my husband for a few years now was sweaty, dirty, and looked exhausted from his ten-hour day. It didn’t stop either of us from getting wrapped up in each other’s arms. It was my personal heaven and I knew it brought him just as much peace.

“How was work, Mr.Becket?” I asked, flicking a piece of wood from his hair.

“It was busy. There are plenty of things that need rebuilt.” Raleigh sighed out, resting his forehead on my shoulder as he pulled me closer.

Since the PPDC was no longer, we both had to find normal jobs. Jobs that didn’t require piloting giant robots while being mentally linked with another person. Raleigh had, obviously, taken up a construction worker job and quickly moved up to a supervisor in a few months. He was already looking at another promotion that would make him a site manager for a housing complex completely directed by him.

I had been looking for a job online when I opened my word processor and the words started flowing  from my fingertips. Before I knew it, I had a novel published within the year, all about the war against the Kaiju; from the Jaegers to their pilots; from the different domes to the people that worked in them. The book instantly became a New York Best Seller and even after a year of it being on the shelves, it was still a major hit. The royalty checks were pretty nice too.

“Herc’s here for dinner-” I started to say but was interrupted when there was cheering coming from, not only the TV, but also the enthused Hercules about his favorite ball team scoring points.

“I can hear that.” Raleigh chuckled, shaking his head.

“Can we just skip to the dessert?” His voice dropped a few octaves as he leaned his face back into my neck, placing soft kisses on the tender skin.

“Tempting, but-” I tried to say but was stopped short by a deep shudder going up my back as he pressed me against him more, trapping me to him as he nibbled on the soft spot of skin between my collarbone and neck.

“Those potatoes aren’t going anywhere.” His husky voice replaced the shiver with molten heat as I finally stopped fighting him, grabbing his face to move it away from my neck. When our lips connected in a heated kiss, neither of us noticed that the TV had been shut off and the man watching it had started into the kitchen.

“Hey, break it up, you two. I want to be able to hold down my dinner.” I jumped at the sound of Herc’s teasing voice. Raleigh was reluctant to let me go when I disconnected our lips and tried to push him away.

“Oh shut up.” I shot at Herc as I moved from my husband’s grip.

He let out a bark of a laugh when Raleigh’s palm was slapped firmly on one of my ass cheeks. I yelped, whirling around to yell at the culprit but he was quickly making his way from my reach and into the living room, laughing loudly.

“Need any help?” Herc asked when I huffed, turning back to the awaiting food and pulling out the serving bowls.

“Nah, I’m good. Thanks though.” I grunted, hulking the mashed potatoes into the large bowl with a serving spoon.

Herc moved to lean his back against the counter beside me, watching me closely as I moved to get everything together and to the dining room. When I reached for all the food, Herc quickly tucked himself in front of me, grabbing the bulk of the food, leaving me with the butter and silverware. With a sigh and a shake of my head, I followed his slow moving form as he balanced all the food to the table.

“Have you told him?” He asked as we started placing things on the table.

I looked over Herc’s shoulder, eyeing Rals to make sure he wasn’t listening in. In one hand was a beer and the other held the remote as he flipped through the channels, seeming fully absorbed.

“I was going to do it tonight.” I whispered to him as I was on the other side of the table, setting down the butter.

“I just wanted you here to do it.” I said, making the man go rigid for a split second before he looked up at me.

He had a slight smile on his face as his eyes were a little misty. Rising to his full height, he made a quick swipe of his eyes before his smile turned to a full-blown grin, making me smile right along with him.

“I remember when my wife told me the news about Chuck-.” Herc started but stopped when his voice broke slightly. I walked around the table as I wrapped an arm around his waist, squeezing him from one side.

“Hey-” I interjected, smiling still which brought back his own.

“Love you, Herc.” His arm went around my side as he planted a fatherly kiss on the top of my head. Reaching his arm up from my side, he ruffled my half pinned up hair roughly.

“Yea, love you too, brat.” Herc said, moving away from me quickly when I started swatting at him.

“Hey!” I yelped, trying to fix it the best I could.

This made Raleigh come into the dining room as well and both men laughed as I tried to pin it back in place. I finally gave up, leaving the long tresses hanging wherever they wanted. When my husband saw my bottom lip pop out and my arms cross, he came to my side, his grin wide as he wrapped his arms around me.

“You look gorgeous, babe.” His words immediately warmed every corner of my being, brightening my face in an instant.

Stepping on my tip toes, I gave him a peck on the cheek before moving to a chair at our small round table. Raleigh took the seat to my left and Herc was across from me. We each grabbed a different bowl as we dished out the food.

“Pass the potatoes, please?” I asked when I saw Herc hold onto the bowl after he was done dishing it out.

“After we get what we want. You always hog them, remember?” He said playfully while Raleigh nodded his head vigorously in agreement.

“It’s the best part of the dinner, you know.” I said nonchalantly and gave Rals a look that said ‘you better hand me that bowl before you steal them all.’ With a dramatic, conflicted look, he let out a long sigh, passing the bowl to me while winking playfully.

The rest of dinner was surprisingly quiet and it grated on my already shocked nerves. I couldn’t even bring myself to finish my plate, picking around the edges of my portions until both men pushed their plates away at the same time.

“I’ll get the dessert.” I said suddenly, bursting from my seat and rushing into the kitchen.

I leaned my palms on the chilly counter and took a few gulping breaths before looking to my left where a plate covered by a basket was sitting. If it could laugh at me, I’m sure it would, for what I was allowing the thing hidden underneath it to do to me. I moved from my half slouched position to place both of my palms on my stomach, feeling the bump there that I had been trying my damndest to hide from my watchful husband.

Steeling my resolve, I straightened my back, much like Marshal Pentecost would tell me to do. Just thinking about him sent a pang of pain through my heart, and thoughts of Chuck flooded the gates right behind it. Would things be any different now if either of them had made it? I looked over my shoulder at Raleigh, who had laughed heartily at a joke Herc was telling. The scene made me smile, imagining Chuck sitting beside his dad, laughing right along.

When Rals saw that I was staring at him, smiling goofily, his smile widened and he sent me a warming wink before laughing at Herc again. Rubbing my tummy a few more seconds, I grabbed the plate and walked as confidently as my shaking knees would let me.

“Would you like to unveil, honey?” I asked softly, setting it down infront of him and sitting back down in my chair.

I watched anxiously as the men finished their conversation, clapping hands on shoulders and wide smiles on their faces. Raleigh leaned over to me, placing a hand on my cheek as he placed a kiss on my forehead. When his fingers grabbed at the edge of the basket top, I thought that I was going to pass out, everything in me swayed and I wasn’t sure if it was the nerves or the-

“Absolut-” He started as lifted it up and flipped it over, revealing what was on the plate.

Sitting there was a picture but, not just any picture. Probably the most important picture of our lives. It was black and white and a little hard to make out and he sat there, staring at it for more than a few minutes before picking it up, examining it closer. Reaching his other hand up, I saw how much it was shaking as he touched the small life on the ultrasound.

“You're pregnant?” He croaked out, looking at me with watery eyes.

I let out a choking laugh and nodded, feeling my own eyes tear up as I placed my hands on my stomach and stretching out the slightly baggy shirt to show him my bump.

“My wife is having my baby!” Both Herc and I jumped at Raleigh’s shout of joy as he threw the picture in the air, letting it fall like confetti before he scooped me from the chair and into his tight embrace. Showering me with kisses, all over my face and lips, I could feel his excitement and joy coarse through him. I laughed between lip locks and looked over at Herc, who looked just as happy as we both felt.

“Congratulations, you two.” Herc said, laughing at Raleigh’s giddiness.

When the excitement died down enough to where I could move from Raleigh’s grip, I reached for the dishes but felt an arm go around my shoulder while the other pushed my lower back away from the table and into the living room.

“My pregnant wife will not be doing dishes, you need to keep up your strength for the baby!” Raleigh chastised lightly as he sat me down on the couch, throwing a blanket over my tucked in legs and handed me the remote to the TV before heading to grab the food from the table.

I watched as Herc and Ral, together, gathered everything in one trip and started putting the leftovers away and washing/drying the dishes. I had turned on a classic thriller and was only a few minutes in when I felt the urge to go pee, a frequent thing since finding out that I was with child. I rose from the couch and started for the bathroom, getting ready to pass the kitchen when I heard the men talking quietly amongst themselves.

“Raleigh.” Herc said after a moment of silence, reigniting whatever subject they had left hanging.

“You know you're the best thing that ever happened to that girl, right?” I felt my heart skip a beat as he let out a gushing sigh, I could just hear the smile in it.

“It’s more the other way around.” Raleigh answered, the clanking of dishes meaning they were still working as they talked.

“She’s the reason I came back.” He continued. I looked down at my left hand, fingering the large carat diamond sitting beautifully on my ring finger.

“I never would have stepped foot in a Jaeger again if she hadn’t been there with me.”

“The entire world has no clue that the only reason it’s whole today is because of that beautiful woman in the other room.” I leaned my back against the wall just outside the kitchen, listening to my husband confess his thoughts to the man he looked up to as a father.

“Who’s carrying my child.” He breathed and I couldn’t help but smile, touching my tummy at the mention of our baby.

“Jesus, Herc, I’m going to be a dad.” I knew that Raleigh had to have looked at Herc because another dish was placed in it’s place and I heard a hand clamp down on a shoulder.

“You’re going to be a great dad.” Herc reassured, his voice sounding a little husky with emotion.

“And you’re going to be a great grandpa.” I piped up, moving into the room far enough to wrap my arms around Raleigh’s waist, rising on my tip toes to rest my chin on his shoulder.

Raleigh touched my entwined hands, pressing a kiss to my temple and we both focused back on Herc, who looked about to cry with wet eyes.

“I couldn’t imagine my child’s life without you in it, Herc.” I said, smiling brightly at him as he turned from us to wipe a tear from his eye, a small hiccup rising from his chest before he composed himself enough to look at us.

I moved around Raleigh, reaching out to Herc who met me halfway for a full embrace hug. I felt a few more tears fall on my shoulder as I tried my best to comfort the former pilot of Striker Eureka, who was most likely thinking about his son in those raw moments of pure tears and little sobs.

When I felt him relax more and the tears stopped, I pulled away from him, smiling at him, fighting down my own tears. A set of hands came around my body, one resting on the bump on my stomach and the other rested comfortably on my shoulder. I relaxed in Raleigh’s grip as I grabbed ahold of Herc’s hand, gripping it tightly. Herc looked at both of us, a watery smile on his face.

“Were a family.”

- - -

I want to thank each and everyone of you great readers! You all have made this an amazing ride that I hate to see end! But please, do stick around for the teaser of my next story! And here it is!

Cancelling the Insanity!
A Chuck Hansen/Pacific Rim fanfic

I shifted my weight in the uncomfortable metal chair once again, this time huffing a sigh as I crossed my arms over my chest and kicked my feet out in front of me, taking up a good bit of the small office floor. The receptionist, perched behind her metal desk with a sharp look on her face, turned her nose up to me after examining my unladylike pose and turned her attention back to her holo-screen, shooting glares my way when she caught me making stupid faces at her.

Finally, after sticking my index fingers in both my nostrils, turning them up like a pig nose and crossing my eyes, she let out a shrill sigh and reached to her left, activating a live feed directly into the head boss’ office on her screen.

  “Marshal, your 2 o’clock is here.” Her distaste was obvious in her voice as she kept her gaze squarely on me, lips tight in a frown and eyes squinted. For a moment, she looked like a chimp taking a shit.

“Send her in.” A gruff voice answered quickly, ending the call just as fast.

I rose to my feet, stretching my arms over my head and gave the woman a bright smile, even though she was obviously in no mood for smiles. I had been tormenting her for a good 20 minutes beforehand. She picked a pen off her desk and pointed at the door just over her left shoulder, watching me with a sour look as I threw the door open.

“Dr. Kira Blaire?” I stopped just shy of entering the room when I heard my title come from a deep British accent.

“That’s me.” I cleared my throat, walking the rest of the way to the only desk in the spacious, and all metal office.

The floor, walls and even the picture frames that held numerous awards were in the same steely color. The only splash of color, if you even wanted to call it that, was the slightly darker steel colored chair that a very muscular black man dressed from head to toe in a crisp military uniform.

“I’m Marshal Stacker Pentecost of the Pan Pacific Defense Corps.” He rose from his chair, reaching across the desk to shake my much smaller hand. His skin was rough with callouses from hard manual labor. Stotic face and emotionless gaze oozed authority and it stopped me from joking about the terrible weather.

“I’ve seen you on television.” I chose to say instead, still holding onto his hand like a shaken cadet.

“It’s an honor." Straightening my back, the Marshall looked me over and gave, what I assumed was, a nod of approval before releasing my hand.

“Please, sit, we have much to discuss.” I sat in the edge of the metal seat he motioned to that was right in front of his desk.

“I’m going to get straight to the point, then.” He sat down once I was fully seated and grabbed up a manila folder, opening it and scanning its contents before looking at me over it.

“Sounds good to me.” I stated, leaning into the chair.

“You are a highly respected psychiatrist, correct?” He asked, looking back down at the file.

“Yes sir, I have two-” I started to say but I was stopped short by the man before me.

“I see all your credentials here. And their quite impressive.” After taking another look at me, he closed the file; slapping it on the desk before rising from his chair. Moving around the desk, he walked right past me to face the wall of awards, his back to me as he continued.

“Being a Jaeger pilot is taxing not only on the body but, on the mind as well. I need to make sure that my pilot’s are in tip top shape and if their not, you need to fix them.” I turned around in my chair to look at the Marshal as I spoke.

“Sir, you can’t simply fix someone with a broken mind, it takes-” I tried to explain but was once again cut off.

“Are you saying you can’t do it?” He asked defiantly over his shoulder.

“I can, sir, it’s just-”

“That’s all I need you to do. Check the mental stability of my pilots and either fix those who can be fixed or get rid of the ones that don’t make the cut.” I was silenced by shock. I looked him over with a critical eye but it was hard to get a reading on a man that wouldn't face you.

“Any questions?” The Marshal asked when I didn't say anything.

“Do you always refer to your subordinates in such a cold way?” At my question, he slowly turned to face me, his expression staying completely still.

“Will you take the job, doctor? Or will I have to ask the next quack that walks through that door?” I bit my lip, knowing without a doubt that the man in uniform before me wasn't kidding around. And I desperately needed the ration cards.

“I’ll take the job.” I answered quickly.

“Excellent. Your first stop is Manila. A multi-team collaboration is there and the quicker you can get through the pilots, the better.” Without so much as glancing at me, he returned to his desk and pulled out a paper, quickly signing it on the bottom.

"When do I start?" I asked as he handed the paper to me.

I quickly read it over and just as fast got the jest of it. It was my contract, binding me to the PPDC for however long they saw fit to evaluate the Jaeger pilots across the globe. Just below where Marshal Pentecost signed his name was a blank line with an X in front of it. The spot to sign my name.

"Now." I sighed, taking the pen he offered me and quickly signed my chicken scratch doctor signature onto the line.

Here goes nothing.

There it is! :D Who's all gonna stick around to read the rest of the story?! :D  Don't forget to rate, comment and vote! I love feedback!
- - -
Again, I wanna thank you guys for just being so kickass awesome to me through this whole story's life. You all have made this one of the best things I've ever done! Thanksies again! LOVE YOU ALL AND I HOPE YOU STICK AROUND! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 339 43
It's been ten years since I saw his face. Heard his voice. Told him what an idiot he was... He was dead and every day after felt like a little more o...
34.5K 395 22
(Note) An Alternate Universe of the Pacific Rim universe: ●Non of the Jaegers are destroyed (Some are retired) ●Kaijus attack every twice a month ●...
5.9K 273 46
Five years ago, Tristian's wife left him, leaving behind their barely three-month-old twins. Taking care of the children fell on his parents' hands...