Perfect Fate ✔

By fanoshkaflippo

Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling i... More

Prologue
1. Captivated
2. Something I Had Never Felt Before
3. Unusual Heartache
4. Let Me Take You Home
5. Inches Away
6. Like Never Before
7. Tomorrow I'll Make It Right
8. Thank You, I'm Sorry and Goodbye
9. I Promise You and I
10. A Way Around
11. Against All Odds
12. Fate Has a Sense of Humor
13. Butterflies, Fly Away
14. Work Related
15. Passing Time
16. Not Again
17. Not Just Yet
18. So Close
19. A Little Taste
20. Good Gone Bad
21. Both Feet In
22. Question Everything
23. Over and Over
24. Perfection
25. The Right Thing To Do
26. Intimacy
27. Publicly
28. Sleeping With The Enemy
30. Come and Get Me
31. Too Late For Promises
32. Trying Hard
33. No Matter What
34. I Remember
35. Spare A Life
36. Make This Right
37. I Won't Let Go
38. Adorably Back
39. ** Give Me More **
40. First and Last
41. Don't Judge a Book By Its Cover
42. Everything To Me
43. Earning His Trust
44. ** No Life Without You**
45. Hundred Percent Positive
46. Falling For The First Time
47. Gone
48. ** Stay Here Forever **
49. A Love Like No Other
50. Matching Words of Love
51. ** A Few Days **
52. Not The Drake We Know
53. A Mere Coincidence
54. Long Gone Love
55. A Terrible Mistake
56. Worth It
57. ** A Real Man **
58. A Chance At Happiness
59. A Perfect Plan
60. Alive
61. Tonight
62. Not Like This
63. No Life Without You
64. Out Of Love
65. My Perfect Fate
Love Again
Colton's Miracle
The Good Within
A Second Chance

29. Fight For Me

140K 4.3K 1.2K
By fanoshkaflippo

IG username: authorfarahfekry

Follow me!

*****

Her..

Did someone say girlfriend or am I hearing things?

No, I don't think I am, because almost all the chatter in the room has died again, and everyone is looking at me. Including this John who suddenly slightly lost his smirk. Yeah, I take it was a shock. Me and you, buddy.

Since I remember absolutely nothing about Dean asking me so sweetly to become his girlfriend, and my heart fluttering with happiness and excitement, and my cheeks going warm and red of the speech he had prepared, and feeling wonderfully swoon off my feet, I'm going to have to say that no, I am indeed not his girlfriend. Not yet. Not until he makes me feel like a prize he will do anything to win, not like a prize he already owns.

And, yes, I know that we have been making out a lot lately, and that he said he loves me twice, and said I am his countless times, but we haven't discussed titles yet. We haven't talked, and we haven't agreed, and we haven't decided. So, no. I'm definitely not a girlfriend by surprise.

"Well, well. You're a lucky man, Dean." John's smirk was back on.

"I know." Dean's arm pulled me even closer to his chest if that was possible.

"Dean?" We heard someone call from behind us so we turned around to see a pissed Lauren Patrick. Dean shifted uncomfortably behind me and took a step back, pulling me with him.

"Shit." Jake muttered under his breath and I looked at him to see his worried face.

"Is what I just heard true? Is she your girlfriend?" He raised her eyebrows in disbelief.

"Yes." The four men said in unison.

What is wrong with these people? Did they rehearse this beforehand?

"I can't believe this. Really, Dean? I mean, I thought you'd call me after how special last time was." She crossed her arms, letting out a sarcastic short laugh.

Does she mean breaking things up when she says special? Because last time I checked Dean didn't sleep with her that day. Unless he did and lied about it..

"Let's go. Excuse us. Jake?" Dean said in one breath and pulled me away from the dancing floor.

I must admit that I really like how he totally just ignored her back there, grabbed my hand and walked away.

"We need to find an empty room." Jake said following us.

"Oh, yes we do. We need to talk." I said through clenched teeth. We walked till we found and empty room that looked like someone's office. We got in and closed the door behind the three of us.

"Alright, what the hell was that?" I asked as they both looked pretty nervous, standing in front of me.

"Uh.." Jake's voice trailed off as Dean stood completely silent.

"Why did you say Girlfriend? I'm not your girlfriend. Why would you say that?" Jake sighed while Dean's face turned from emotionless to angry.

"What do you mean you're not my girlfriend? Of course you are." He shrugged and that really bothered me.

"No, I'm not." I shook my head.

"You're my girlfriend, Emma." He casually stated, clenching his jaw and taking a step forward.

"When did that happen? Because I don't remember you asking me to be your girlfriend or us discussing the matter at all." I reminded him.

"I don't need to ask. You're mine." He stated again firmly.

"Wow, how arrogant! No, Dean, actually I'm not." I honestly didn't want to say that, because I knew I was his in every meaning of the word, and I didn't want that fact to change one bit, but his arrogance annoyed me to the point where I needed to push back.

"Don't say that. You're mine, Emma." He said that to assure himself more than to assure me, taking yet another step forward.

"How could I be your girlfriend if you've never actually asked me and I've never said yes? You don't drop that piece of information on someone like that. Besides, why the hell did you both just jump up with it, without much as a heads up?" I waved my arms.

"Why the fuck were you dancing with John? Are you crazy?" He took another step forward, and I took a step back absently.

"He asked me to dance. I couldn't just say no." I shrugged, wanting to get back to the main point of discussion.

"How many times have I told you not to come near anyone who works for Haynes? And you go dance with the devil himself!" He raised his voice.

"What Haynes? I don't understand." I shook my head.

"He didn't tell her who he was, Dean. She didn't know." Jake stepped forward and stood next to Dean.

"He's John Haynes. Drake's big brother. He's more dangerous and mischievous than Drake could ever be. You can't come near him again." Jake ordered and I was just about getting enough of their commands.

"And you can't go around saying that I'm his girlfriend when I'm not." I challenged.

"You are my girlfriend, dammit!" Dean insisted, and even though my heart skipped a beat, I ignored it.

"No, Dean, I'm not. Stop forcing me into things. You didn't ask me to be your girlfriend. You didn't even mention this before. This is a lie and you shouldn't have said that." I shook my head snd started to pace the floor, hating that once again we were arguing.

He's not going to force me into this. I'm not going to be his girlfriend just because he decided to say so out of the blue. He has to want me enough to ask and wait for me to accept. I want him to ask. What's so bad about that? If he wants me to be his girlfriend then all he has to do is ask and make me feel less of a property.

I love how possessive he is, I truly do, but because it made feel like something so precious that he has found and can't let go of. But now, announcing that I was his girlfriend without even trying to at least ask, just makes me feel like he has taken me for granted.

"It was the only way to protect you, Emma. It just came to both of us when we saw you with John. Once he laid eyes on you, he wouldn't have stopped harassing you until he ruined your life, but now that everyone knows you belong to Dean Parker, he can't do anything. No one can, at least not in public. Half of those men outside will immediately back off. They can't compete with us." Jake explained.

"I don't belong to anyone, I'm not a freaking car! And what about the other half then, where do they fall into your genious plan?" I asked sarcastically, although I was scared to know the answer.

"They will get more competitive, yet under the table, and will try every trick they know to break you guys up." He stated sadly.

"But I don't get it. What would they want to do with me? Why can't they just leave us alone?" I sat down on the brown sofa that lied next to the wall.

"Don't be afraid." Dean came and sat next to me, followed by Jake.

"I will protect you. We all will, and now that everyone knows you're mine, I have the right to do whatever the fuck I want to keep you safe. I can fight for you in front of everyone." He held my hand.

"So it is a lie after all." I breathed.

I didn't like it when they spat out that I'm his girlfriend out of nowhere, yet I don't think I like it now any better.

"No, it's not a lie! You're mine; we have established that already!" I insisted.

"No, Dean, you haven't asked." I raised my voice, putting my foot down.

"I don't need to ask! You are mine. Period." He stood up and I followed.

"Hey, wait, no!" I pulled his arm to turn him to face me, "This is actually important to me, Dean. You can't just say you're mine and walk away. You have to earn it, to earn me."

"I love you!" He shouted.

God! Can he just not say that right now!? I know he does, I just.. I don't want to feel like I'm too easy. Like he has already taken me for granted and does with me what he pleases.

I let out a deep breath and tried to walk to the door, but he grabbed my arm and slammed me to his chest.

"Don't walk out on me." He clenched his jaw.

"Dammit, Dean. Calm down." Jake walked to us, reminding us that he was still in the room.

"Let go of me, Dean." I clenched my jaw as well.

"Why are you doing this? I told you you're mine before and you didn't act this way!" He let go of me, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Because it wasn't official! Now that you've said it out to the whole world, I have a right to be mad at you." I waved my arms and took a few steps back.

"You don't want to be my girlfriend?" He looked hurt and I hated that look so freaking much. He just didn't get it.

"No, Dean, that's not it. I want you to ask. I want you to give me a choice, not to just take me for granted. I want you to want to be with me, not just own me. " I sighed in annoyance.

"You already know that I want to be with you. That I wanted you since the day I met you! And now I have you." He shrugged, trying to reason with me.

"God! Stop it. You won't have me until you ask and I accept. Until then, it is just an act." I turned to the door.

I'm the stupid one here. I already almost slept with him. I should've waited. Of course he'll just take me for granted after that, and think I'm his. I am, I know I am and I do want to be. But where's the romance in that? Where's the heart fluttering moments and the worry in his eyes as he asks me? I know I probably don't even make sense, but this is how I feel.

"Emm-" He started but I had had enough.

"Don't. This discussion is over." I said before turning the door knob around and walking out of that room. I made my way to the table where Max and Bob were sitting, while Dean and Jake were only a few steps behind.

"What happened?" Max asked.

"She's a pain in the ass!" Dean said through clenched teeth as he sat down on the velvet chair next to me.

"Why the hell did you say she was your girlfriend?" Bob asked.

"Because she is." Dean grinned childishly as if we hadn't just fought our lungs out, and I glared at him.

Why the hell is my heart skipping a beat right now? I'm so mad at him, I shouldn't find him adorable.

"Hello, everyone." Mr. Sean came in view.

"Hello, Sean, how are you?" Max asked as Sean sat down.

"Mostly, stunned and jealous. I definitely was surprised to know that you are his girlfriend, Emma." He smirked at me.

"You and I both, Mr. Sean." I muttered.

"Let's dance." Dean held my hand, stood up and pulled me with him. He walked me to the dancing floor and pulled me to his chest again. I wrapped my arms around his neck, looking away.

"Can you please not be mad at me? I did it to protect you." He looked at me while we were swaying to the music.

"Okay, Dean. Just drop it. It's an act anyway." I shrugged.

"It's not an act. Stop it." He clenched his jaw tightly.

"It is, and it will be until you do what I told you to do." I insisted.

"No!" He raised his voice.

"Dean, people are looking." I looked around and smiled apologetically to the people dancing around us.

"Come with me then." He dragged me away from the dancing floor again and into that same room.

"What is wrong with you? You know it's not an act! You know I love you." He shouted once he closed the door.

"Dammit, Dean. Stop saying that!" I shouted back.

"Now you don't want hear that I love you? What happened to you? I've told you you're mine a thousand times and I've also told you that I love you and you've never acted this way. What happened to you?" He asked again, shaking his head in confusion.

"God! Are you truly so arrogant that you don't even want to ask me? Why can't you just ask!?" I shouted, losing my head to this fight.

"Because if I ask then it means that there's a possibility that you'd say no! And fuck, if I even let myself imagine that you wouldn't want to be mine, I'll fucking lose it, Emma. I don't know how or when this even happened, but I can't live a fucking day without you in my arms." He stepped closer and my heart jumped in my chest a hundred times over.

"Call me as you might, arrogant, stupid, or even pathetic, I honestly don't know. But I've never felt this way in my whole life, and now that I have, I'm scared shitless that I might lose this feeling. So, no, as fucking selfish as it sounds, I will not ask, because I can't bear the fucking risk, okay?" He let out a deep breath and I barely caught mine.

"I'm not going to take any chances with you, Emma. I can't." He stepped closer.

"You're mine. Since the first time I watched you cry, we were mine. Since the first time you slept in my bed, you were mine. Since the first time you hid your face in my chest, I knew you were fucking mine because I had never felt happier or more satisfied with myself, like I won the fucking lottery. You are mine, Emma. And I'm not going to ask because it's not even a question."

Shit, I love him. I love him. I do. And here goes my heart fluttering like it never had before. How does he do this to me?

"Emma?"He was only a few feet away from me, and my heart drummed in my chest, aching for him.

"Can I kiss you? Please?" He sounded desperate and so was I. I nodded rapidly and in a second I was being pushed against a wall with his tongue in my mouth.

This time his kiss was very different than before. This time it was way more passionate and desperate and urgent. This time it was reassurance. He kissed me hard, and kept pushing me against the wall with his body, touching every inch of mine. He sucked my lower lip and nibbled on it, making me moan softly. He slid his hands down the fabric of my dress and kneaded my butt, pushing me up against him as I wrapped my legs around his torso, causing my dress to slide up my thighs.

"Do you still want me to ask?" He asked against my mouth, worried that after everything I might still reject him, unaware of the fact that I would have never done such thing.

I only wanted him to ask so I would feel like I'm precious to him, but now I know I'm much more than just that.

"Hell, no." I whispered and kissed him urgently, making him chuckle. We heard a knock on the door and I gasped when I was pulled back to reality while he groaned desperately.

"Lipstick. Dammit." I giggled as he put me down. The door opened and Max came in. I covered my mouth fast and Dean only chuckled.

"You can't keep your hand off each other, can you?" Max wiggled his eyebrows and my face hit up.

"What's up, pops?" Dean asked as he went over to the desk, took out a tissue and wiped his mouth.

"They're asking for her, Dean." He stated, all humor gone.

"Who is?" I took off my hand and asked as Dean made his way to me.

"Paparazzi. We give them ten minutes before we start the auction." He said while wiping my mouth for me.

"No way. I'm not going." I shook my head.

"Alright, stay here. I'll go deal with them and be back in a few. Just don't go anywhere, okay?" He kissed my forehead and I nodded before he left with his father.

This is crazy. This is really crazy. He loves me and I love him.

How did all of this happen? And in a week? Is it even possible to love someone in a week? But I do love him, I'm sure of it. I couldn't admit it before, but I knew it all along.

I love the way he gets jealous and possessive when someone else lays eyes on me. Sometimes he takes it too far, I know, but he's only that way out of love, which is why I love it even more. He gets protective and bossy most of the time, and even though it sill bothers me sometimes, I still find myself really lucky that he cherishes me this much.

He's not perfect and that's the thing. I love his imperfections, and I love how no one else would ever get it.

The only problem is time. Everything happened too fast. In a matter of a week, I met him, I kissed him, I argued with him, I loved him, and I became his girlfriend. In a week.

And in what was supposed to be the most miserable week of my life. I lost the two most important people in my life, I lost my job and I had my period. The worst week ever, yet he made it the best week of my life! I mean it. I never felt happier before.

And for the first time, I find myself grateful for everything that has happened to me. I wouldn't change a single thing, because then we wouldn't have been together right now.

I guess George was right after all.. Fate does have a way around, doesn't it?

"Well, well, look who I found." A cold voice pulled me back to reality and made me jump up off the couch I was sitting on.

-----

Chapter Thirty! What a long way we've gone. I want to thank you all for sticking with me so far, and I'm dying to read all your comments so please let me know what you think.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.7K 1.3K 38
Allister is brand new to the world of work; fresh out of high school. His boss is nothing like he expects and very quickly his learning that his offi...
460K 13.3K 36
Have you ever heard of being hired because you were honest? Well, this is a first! Emma: a proud, sarcastic but honest girl who gets hired because s...
4.6K 427 34
Maan Malhotra ~ "I'm so deeply lost in my soul; how can I expect anyone else to understand me?" "A handsome and powerful CEO, he changes partners as...
121K 4.6K 34
My luck with a guy has been sucks for a while. My friend told me that maybe I need to try a new way. I always take everything seriously in relationsh...